Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
So it has been quiet for a day here. So i might just throw in something to think about. And maybe you can tell me what you think about it.

Oh and the content behind the spoiler tag contains at least 2 disturbing scenes (images) with one of them being from one of the "secret" happy scenes. So be warned!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That last pic is MC's real face, 100% canon

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
You need to link your Discord account to your Patreon to gain access to those channels.
If you've done that and still don't have access, send me a DM on Discord with your Patreon name and I'll grant it to you manually.
I think I got it. Re-synched in patreon and it worked. Thanks.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Yeah I'm more than happy to continue posting releases here as soon as they go public as I've demonstrated in the past. But that unfortunately isn't enough to repel the people who claim to like to the game only to actively beg others to steal it for them and post it online so they don't have to spend $5 to get early access to something they are literally going to get for free in two weeks anyway.

That's why I barely come here anymore. It's just depressing. I've been so much less stressed the past two weeks without having to participate in a forum where I'm expected to connect and communicate with people actively stealing from my supporters.
This is a pirate site, you know this and we know this. Don't forget that many of your supporters were gained from this site, so i don't know why you're so downbeat about it.

So people steal, who doesn't? Everyone on this site has pirated something in the past, i think as long as people spread the word about this game then there should be no problem.

It's an inevitability, i actually do think there should be an obligatory "grace period" of atleast 1 week for every patron release on this site, but that's just me.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
It's an inevitability, i actually do think there should be an obligatory "grace period" of atleast 1 week for every patron release on this site, but that's just me.
That's all I ask for. I'm even on record saying I'd be fine with a 3 day grace period in the past. I just want the people paying me money every month to have early access for more than just a handful of hours.

I get that piracy is a focus of the site but to sit there and say something like "As long as people spread the word there's no problem," is just straight up nonsensical. If I go to a local food stand and steal a freshly baked loaf of bread and then proceed to brag to my friends about the bread I stole, even if one of those friends goes and buys that bread, there's still a loss of profit.

Of course people are going to steal shit. That's life. But don't pretend that it's an okay thing to do. Know you're being a fucking cock and keep to yourself while doing it. Don't steal and then talk about how it's okay because someone will spend money.

Last edited:

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
That's all I ask for. I'm even on record saying I'd be fine with a 3 day grace period in the past. I just want the people paying me money every month to have early access for more than just a handful of hours.

I get that piracy is a focus of the site but to sit there and say something like "As long as people spread the word there's no problem," is just straight up nonsensical. If I go to a local food stand and steal a freshly baked loaf of bread and then proceed to brag to my friends about the bread I stole, even if one of those friends goes and buys that bread, there's still a loss of profit.

Of course people are going to steal shit. That's life. But don't pretend that it's an okay thing to do. Know you're being a fucking cock and keep to yourself while doing it. Don't steal and then talk about how it's okay because someone will spend money.
I'm a patreon supporter btw, i'm just saying that most people don't care about your concerns. "As long as people spread the word there's no problem" is how most people will react to your concerns, when they're not being straight up hostile about it.

To make a game nowadays, more than ever before, is too know you're gonna get mugged from every angle, as long as you're a nice and respectful dev (which you are) you'll earn the respect from those that mug you, and maybe they'll even donate to you in the long run.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
They should make it so that active devs in the community can request that their game isn't released until a certain time. To have a few days, weeks, or whatever else where it isn't updated here. I emphasise the word active, because obviously a lot of games posted here are already finished, and so those devs probably haven't even heard of this site, nevermind use it. But regardless, they should be able to request that it isn't leaked until they are happier for it to be released. Otherwise active devs like Sel that don't want it released too early, they wont be happy
As for myself, I had no idea this was a piracy site for a long time myself. I was just looking for adult games, everywhere else was badly made games or in different languages that I didn't understand

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
They should make it so that active devs in the community can request that their game isn't released until a certain time. To have a few days, weeks, or whatever else where it isn't updated here. I emphasise the word active, because obviously a lot of games posted here are already finished, and so those devs probably haven't even heard of this site, nevermind use it. But regardless, they should be able to request that it isn't leaked until they are happier for it to be released. Otherwise active devs like Sel that don't want it released too early, they wont be happy
As for myself, I had no idea this was a piracy site for a long time myself. I was just looking for adult games, everywhere else was badly made games or in different languages that I didn't understand
Agree, devs should have at least a month's worth of protection from leaks, and then after that, it's all up grabs. I just feel so bad when the devs who consistently update suffer from their game being leaked the next day by fuckers.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Agree, devs should have at least a month's worth of protection from leaks, and then after that, it's all up grabs. I just feel so bad when the devs who consistently update suffer from their game being leaked the next day by fuckers.
I would straight up pay this site on an update-to-update basis if it meant preventing leaks.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I also think they should have a grace period (maybe not as long as you say but that's just my opinion imo), i just think devs should be grounded in their expectations, there's no honor among thieves in the pirating community, the more popular a certain game is, the more likely it's going to leak.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, it means more people are likely to see what all the fuss is about and become donors themselves in the future.

It is what it is, and what it is, is not gonna change in the foreseeable future.

Reactions: filochard
Sep 16, 2018
I'm a patreon supporter btw, i'm just saying that most people don't care about your concerns. "As long as people spread the word there's no problem" is how most people will react to your concerns, when they're not being straight up hostile about it.

To make a game nowadays, more than ever before, is too know you're gonna get mugged from every angle, as long as you're a nice and respectful dev (which you are) you'll earn the respect from those that mug you, and maybe they'll even donate to you in the long run.
That's kinda one sided, no? Hey these people will treat you like shit, but if you're nice to them they might like you someday!

Honestly Selebus, take Sensei's view on friendship. If you don't feel like there's anything to gain by hanging around here then don't. You're making close to 10k a month just on patreon right now, it's not like you need this site. Personally I like this thread and I like having access to the creator through it and I stick to the public downloads through patreon, but if you feel like this place is bad for your mental health, then go spend time in better places.

If I find a board that offers the level of access to new games this one does without the piracy that goes with it, I'd be out of here yesterday. Unfortunately F95 is kind of necessary to indie adult games right now but personally I only follow download links posted by the game authors.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
That's kinda one sided, no? Hey these people will treat you like shit, but if you're nice to them they might like you someday!
It's the way things are, reality doesn't give a shit if things are one sided or not, people have a myriad of reasons not to donate money, some are too poor to afford it, some would donate but don't because they get it for free, and some steal just because they can.

This isn't a morality play, it's just how things are.

Sep 16, 2018
That's not reality though in this case, there's no reason for him to be nice to people stealing from him, maybe early on that was true but at this point the game would do just fine if he never posted here again.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
It's the way things are, reality doesn't give a shit if things are one sided or not, people have a myriad of reasons not to donate money, some are too poor to afford it, some would donate but don't because they get it for free, and some steal just because they can.

This isn't a morality play, it's just how things are.
People can have those reasons not to support a developer. But people in financial difficulty, like me, aren't leaking someone else's game. There's a difference between not being able to support a dev, and then actively leaking their content. Besides there is no benefit to that person leaking the game early anyway, what do they get from it? They get nothing
I think you have a bleak perspective on people. Not everyone is so selfish. People who can't support, and people who leak are not the same

Last edited:

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
People can have those reasons not to support a developer. But people in financial difficulty, like me atm, aren't leaking someone else's game. There's a difference between not being able to support a dev, and then actively leaking their content. There is literally no benefit to that person leaking the game early.
Maybe they see it in a different light? Maybe they see it as "helping the little guy out" as opposed to stealing?

I know atleast 1 person on a discord server that can be described as a "prolific" leaker (he's a patreon supporter for atleast--no joke--30 games) and he doesn't see what he's doing as bad or selfish, he rationalizes it as helping out those that can't afford it as well as spreading the word about the games he loves.

It's a fundamental difference of divergent philosophies that's at play here, but this site manages to bring people from all sides together into a neat little community, and i think, at the end of the day, that's pretty great.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes