starlink12

Mar 12, 2020
Just picked up playing this game last week and man, I am invested. Played all the way through to the current patch and this is a roller coaster. I have laughed, had my heart broken, and also never been so confused in my life lol I think I've spent 2 hours today just reading through peoples thoughts and reactions to some of the scenes. Nothing has hit me as hard as Bluejay since I played through Acting Lessons, and I think Bluejay hurt worse. Also will say I was a bad homie on my first run and missed the Baby Finches scene, so I had to go back and play through again to get on the good homie route. I cant wait to see where this story goes and I love hearing everyones thoughts on whats been going on!

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019
Just picked up playing this game last week and man, I am invested. Played all the way through to the current patch and this is a roller coaster. I have laughed, had my heart broken, and also never been so confused in my life lol I think I've spent 2 hours today just reading through peoples thoughts and reactions to some of the scenes. Nothing has hit me as hard as Bluejay since I played through Acting Lessons, and I think Bluejay hurt worse. Also will say I was a bad homie on my first run and missed the Baby Finches scene, so I had to go back and play through again to get on the good homie route. I cant wait to see where this story goes and I love hearing everyones thoughts on whats been going on!
Welcome! The bad good news is that now you can never leave everything is fine! The good other good news is that it's a great story! nothing is real everything is fine! Enjoy!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yup. I haven't seen a forced restart since I started following the game.
It isn't unheard of for a Renpy game when major changes to the system happen, but yo are correct. The only force restart I have had in this game was forced by me as punishment for being a bad homie to Rin at the beach event, not forced by changes to the game that meant saves were incompatible.

I would like to hear some of you guys theory about the game...
There's a ton already in the thread and I've got nothing new as of yet. I will likely have something in the next update, though. The last one, meaning the last one to go public, just didn't make any significant changes to canon that altered any of my existing theories or give me a reason to form a new one. Not to mention my self imposed rule about not theorizing based on the current patron update until it goes public. I DO have new theories there, but my lips are sealed until it goes public and I have faltered maybe once since imposing this rule on myself.

I'm trying to decide just how horrible and greedy of a person am I for wanting to bang Wakana while she screams over and over again "I wanna fn die!" :ROFLMAO:
You know, the funny thing is I could see that happening.

Is... Kaori Jesus? she keeps quoting him in her last event chain.
I doubt it, just a girl who lost her loved one and is trying to get him back based on my theories.

jg2094

Sep 15, 2020
Hello, I have a question, in this new version (part 2 of the game) is part 1 also included? That is, since the beginning of the game's history?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hello, I have a question, in this new version (part 2 of the game) is part 1 also included? That is, since the beginning of the game's history?
The game is a single download.

Part 1/Part 2 in this case is how the dev usually breaks down the monthly update. Sometimes he does one big release, but usually there are two releases 17 pt 1/17 pt 2, for example. When pt 2 comes out, it includes all prior content, it's just indicating that it's the second half of the monthly update.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Does this come out every other Thursday?
No, twice a month.

Yes, the part split is only two give us two releases a month instead of one and mainly splits between what kind of content is in each.

Part 1/Part 2 in this case is how the dev usually breaks down the monthly update. Sometimes he does one big release, but usually there are two releases 17 pt 1/17 pt 2, for example. When pt 2 comes out, it includes all prior content, it's just indicating that it's the second half of the monthly update.
And usually, when he does one update in a month, it's because that update is VERY big and took a lot of work to make or it has a major function added like what he did for the current event tracker. 0.17.0 is one such case where it will be one large update if I remember what he said correctly, also note the fact that it is not named part 1 or part 2.

Reactions: jg2094

jg2094

Sep 15, 2020

Ahhh okay, thanks for answering

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
And usually, when he does one update in a month, it's because that update is VERY big and took a lot of work to make or it has a major function added like what he did for the current event tracker. 0.17.0 is one such case where it will be one large update if I remember what he said correctly, also note the fact that it is not named part 1 or part 2.
Yeah, I pulled 17 out of my ass because I know we're somewhere around that version number, but couldn't remember if we just got 17 or if we're getting 17 this month (my memory is garbage). Treat it as a theoretical for example, not an actual one.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, I pulled 17 out of my ass because I know we're somewhere around that version number, but couldn't remember if we just got 17 or if we're getting 17 this month (my memory is garbage). Treat it as a theoretical for example, not an actual one.
That's the current patron version, so patrons have it and public gets it when we get 0.18.0 part 1, which I am pretty sure is supposed to be back to the usual two release thing, which is why I called it part 1. I could be remembering wrong on that. Yeah, same here on the memory, that is, unless I hear it. I never forget what I hear and have even caught myself remembering things I heard way back in middle school, but seeing things? Nope, forgotten the next day IF I remember for that long.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That's the current patron version, so patrons have it and public gets it when we get 0.18.0 part 1, which I am pretty sure is supposed to be back to the usual two release thing, which is why I called it part 1. I could be remembering wrong on that. Yeah, same here on the memory, that is, unless I hear it. I never forget what I hear and have even caught myself remembering things I heard way back in middle school, but seeing things? Nope, forgotten the next day IF I remember for that long.
Based on the progress tracker Selebus maintains on the discord, 18 and 19 will both be 2 parters.

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
I doubt it, just a girl who lost her loved one and is trying to get him back based on my theories.
Well like I said, she was actually quoting Jesus during the last chain event she had.. the "my yoke is easy and my burden is light" "ask and it shall be given" and "do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries, today's trouble is enough for today", they were kind of odd quotes from her given her "unique" way of speaking. I usually only expect something connected to religion in happy events or from HOPE or occasionally Maya.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Well like I said, she was actually quoting Jesus during the last chain event she had.. the "my yoke is easy and my burden is light" "ask and it shall be given" and "do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries, today's trouble is enough for today", they were kind of odd quotes from her given her "unique" way of speaking. I usually only expect something connected to religion in happy events or from HOPE or occasionally Maya.
She was, however, did you take into account the multiple other times existing texts were quoted? As far as 'happy' scenes, remember, we are at a point where the kinds of things that used to be pretty close to exclusively found in 'happy' scenes are beginning to leak into the main event line. Also, remember that she is a shrine maiden outside of school and we aren't given the details as to why. She could just be religious, possibly a family connection to the shrine she can be found at on the weekends. Assuming she is from a religious background, we also don't know if she is only helping the shrine to be nice, for payment, or if she is doing it as part of her religion and we don't know what religion she holds her beliefs to. It could be Shintoism, which would make sense with the shrine maiden thing, or she could be a Christian. The stereotype associated with particularly devout Christians, especially in fictional media, is a person who is almost always talking about things with a religious connection, sometimes quoting scripture, sometimes just talking about what their deity would want or what their beliefs tell them about a specific situation.

There's still A LOT of unknowns about her, just saying. I could see the possibility behind your points, though.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes