Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
She was, however, did you take into account the multiple other times existing texts were quoted? As far as 'happy' scenes, remember, we are at a point where the kinds of things that used to be pretty close to exclusively found in 'happy' scenes are beginning to leak into the main event line. Also, remember that she is a shrine maiden outside of school and we aren't given the details as to why. She could just be religious, possibly a family connection to the shrine she can be found at on the weekends. Assuming she is from a religious background, we also don't know if she is only helping the shrine to be nice, for payment, or if she is doing it as part of her religion and we don't know what religion she holds her beliefs to. It could be Shintoism, which would make sense with the shrine maiden thing, or she could be a Christian. The stereotype associated with particularly devout Christians, especially in fictional media, is a person who is almost always talking about things with a religious connection, sometimes quoting scripture, sometimes just talking about what their deity would want or what their beliefs tell them about a specific situation.

There's still A LOT of unknowns about her, just saying. I could see the possibility behind your points, though.
Well it's not Maya that was quoting Jesus. Maya is a professed Atheist that still.. prays to God to reset the world.
It was Kaori that was quoting Jesus somewhat out of the blue.
Yasu of course is also.. very religious. Kaori is not and that's why it's weird that Kaori would quote Jesus.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
1,021,000 words in this game (according to the wiki)

it is, literally, longer than the bible
Yep, and still MANY more words to be added. It might become longer than a list of every single word in the English language by the end of development.

Well it's not Maya that was quoting Jesus. Maya is a professed Atheist that still.. prays to God to reset the world.
It was Kaori that was quoting Jesus somewhat out of the blue.
Yasu of course is also.. very religious. Kaori is not and that's why it's weird that Kaori would quote Jesus.
Wait, did she specifically say that? I'm going to have to review previous scenes again, my memory of written words isn't very good and I seem to already be forgetting what she has said in the past. I wouldn't be forgetting this if it were in audio, but it is a VISUAL novel. That could pose a threat to my, so far perfect, run later if another puzzle comes up with answers in previous events. Kaori is just Kaori, I think we've already established she's the single weirdest character in the game personality wise, but so freaking adorable about it. Yasu? Yeah, she's what the real world would call a religious nutcase, no argument there.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Yasu? Yeah, she's what the real world would call a religious nutcase, no argument there.
Definitely. But I'm not sure that she and Kaori aren't in some way ghosts in the machine — expressions or avatars of some intelligence outside of the very bizarre reality Sensei and we find ourselves in in the game, and so somewhat outside of the normal rules. Maya is clearly that. Have we seen what happens to either of them through a reset, yet?

Aaaand they could also just be wacky.

I mean, there's not a single character in the game who I would classify as normal or sane. I guess Chika and Otoha seem to come pretty close, but there's all kinds of stuff with them too that makes me think that this whole pocket universe is some sort of sanitarium for deeply troubled souls.

The most troubled of all, of course, being Sensei himself.

Reactions: alex2011

Arato23

Apr 19, 2021
Yep, and still MANY more words to be added. It might become longer than a list of every single word in the English language by the end of development.

Wait, did she specifically say that? I'm going to have to review previous scenes again, my memory of written words isn't very good and I seem to already be forgetting what she has said in the past. I wouldn't be forgetting this if it were in audio, but it is a VISUAL novel. That could pose a threat to my, so far perfect, run later if another puzzle comes up with answers in previous events. Kaori is just Kaori, I think we've already established she's the single weirdest character in the game personality wise, but so freaking adorable about it. Yasu? Yeah, she's what the real world would call a religious nutcase, no argument there.
Maya constantly says there is no God or God is dead, but to reset the world she prays. It's weird.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
btw how many headpats does the counter go up to before they stop giving new reactions?
The reactions are per session not directly based off the counter, so you can't do 20 one day and 30 the next, it all has to be done at once.
The game will automatically stop you once you've done as many as you need to. If you want to know the exact number it takes 500 pats to get everything iirc.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The reactions are per session not directly based off the counter, so you can't do 20 one day and 30 the next, it all has to be done at once.
The game will automatically stop you once you've done as many as you need to. If you want to know the exact number it takes 500 pats to get everything iirc.
IIRC, 500 is the threshodl that starts the end sequence, and you kind of keep going until she's finished...

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Maya constantly says there is no God or God is dead, but to reset the world she prays. It's weird.
Those sound more like the words of someone who feels betrayed by their god, possibly to do with the fact that the Sensei we know seems to be different than the one that came before the events of the game, than someone who truly doesn't believe in one. She could be a believer who thought her god would save the Sensei she knew, and evidence suggests she loved, and then realized that was not going to happen so easily. When he did come back, but as a totally different Sensei, she could have seen it as a betrayal by her god.

Perhaps it's a habit, perhaps it's because of her being a shrine maiden, or perhaps she knows more than she's willing to tell us :unsure:
That last part is pretty obviously true, she definitely knows more than she's willing to say, at least to the current Sensei, possibly to avoid losing him again even though she is aware this is not the same man she once knew.

Perhaps a dead god can be revived through devotion.
Maybe, or maybe the one she prays to now is not the one she says is dead, but one that she believes could bring the old Sensei back. One that has the power to do greater things with greater devotion from the follower it is doing them for, like bringing someone back from the dead or from a personality change caused by an incident. She seems to have absolutely zero actual medical knowledge about how the mind works, so she possibly turned to a new deity to try and get the old Sensei back.

Gottafapyo

Dec 24, 2018
New goals up for patreon...

- Chinami stays alive for several extra years

... How long is several? I know we're in a loop but I dunno that I could handle anything happening to her :(

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes