alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean by "officially sanctioned" or why you're advising people to stay away from it. If the patch has been made available on this site, what's the issue? Is there something wrong with the files? Are you claiming it's a virus or something?
It is not made by the developer and bears a distinct possibility of causing a number of problems, some of which could ruin saves.

My window def did flag it with malware. It never happens before on any of the patch i downloaded so it's kinda sus for me
Like I said, that is probably just a false positive, links on here are very unlikely to be actual viruses.

TimeMage

Jan 24, 2018
It is not made by the developer and bears a distinct possibility of causing a number of problems, some of which could ruin saves.
Having downloaded it and looked closely at it, it contains nothing out of the ordinary for a renpy game. The usual .rpy scripting files, a lot of .webp images, and a single audio file that implies a cute girl will be singing a song in this update.

And having applied the update, it seems to be working just fine. Three of the main girls get four new events each, a side girl gets two new events, and poor, poor Chinami gets no events. Let's all shed a tear for Chinami.

If you have any worries, simply back up your save files before applying the update. Players should be doing that on a regular basis, anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I'm not sure what you mean by "officially sanctioned" or why you're advising people to stay away from it. If the patch has been made available on this site, what's the issue? Is there something wrong with the files? Are you claiming it's a virus or something?
There's a huge issue – if it's not officially sanctioned, it means we're stealing from the dev, in turn damaging his profit and motivation. And remember, the dev consistently releases new updates every two weeks, so we should wait out of respect...

Can someone please give a link to 0.17.0 update-only file? Thanks in advance!
UPDATE PATCH (PC AND MAC)

* This patch will only work if you are currently using Version 0.16.0. Part 2. You can not update from any earlier version of the game or you will be missing files.

/ /

Source:

Have fun! This was a great update :)

Last edited:
Reactions: crustlord12

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Having downloaded it and looked closely at it, it contains nothing out of the ordinary for a renpy game. The usual .rpy scripting files, a lot of .webp images, and a single audio file that implies a cute girl will be singing a song in this update.

And having applied the update, it seems to be working just fine. Three of the main girls get four new events each, a side girl gets two new events, and poor, poor Chinami gets no events. Let's all shed a tear for Chinami.

If you have any worries, simply back up your save files before applying the update. Players should be doing that on a regular basis, anyway. Better safe than sorry.
I actually don't use it, that's just typical behavior for an unofficial patch to screw things up. It's not going to do it all the time, but the chance is still nothing to take lightly, especially for people with limits somewhere along the line for the download.

There's a huge issue – if it's not officially sanctioned, it means we're stealing from the dev, in turn damaging his profit and motivation. And remember, the dev consistently releases new updates every two weeks, so we should wait out of respect...

* This patch will only work if you are currently using Version 0.16.0. Part 2. You can not update from any earlier version of the game or you will be missing files.

GOOGLE DRIVE/MEGA/

Source:

That was referring to the patch that updates existing copies, which is not always based on a leaked version. The issues with the patch are all technical and only on updates that get leaked is there the extra moral issue. If the update the patch is for is public, that's no longer a problem. The issue is that most unofficial patches for updating come with potentially save destroying issues.

TimeMage

Jan 24, 2018
Sure that's fine, but it's just that you made it sound like there were technical problems with the files themselves, and were warning people away from them because you thought they were dangerous. The moral dilemma is another issue entirely.

If anyone is still wondering, yes the files are safe to download~

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

BlowBow

Nov 1, 2017

GOOGLE DRIVE/MEGA/

Source:

I know I already said thanks in advance but still, thank you!

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a tie for the Dorm Wars and unlock all possible events?
Not as far as I could work out, you necessarily end up with an odd number of events.

Given that the completionist spiel is hidden behind a draw I've no doubt it's intentional. Selebus is torturing me!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Sure that's fine, but it's just that you made it sound like there were technical problems with the files themselves, and were warning people away from them because you thought they were dangerous. The moral dilemma is another issue entirely.

There actually can be and there often is technical issues, some of which can ruin saves and make you start over. As good as this game is, unnecessary restarts aren't something a player wants to go through and save corruption is definitely an unnecessary restart.

Not as far as I could work out, you necessarily end up with an odd number of events.

Given that the completionist spiel is hidden behind a draw I've no doubt it's intentional. Selebus is torturing me!
This is Selebus we're talking about. If he's not trying to torture us in every event with meaningful choices of every update, we should be VERY worried he has something even more torturous that requires more prep time planned. Need I remind you of what he did to us in "There Is Nothing?" My first attempt at it, I've run it twice now, I spent three hours wracking my brain to figure out all the answers without any kind of cheating before I finally was forced to give up and look in the code because I didn't have time to keep going like that by that point. Unfortunately, I was running on limited free time that day, so I couldn't rely on my usual unwavering stubbornness to get me through it. :p

Reactions: Dringar

chu4ng

Sep 7, 2019
Maya and Yumi hasn't updates.. I will go out of the window.
Thanks everybody, but life is over.
user deleted this account

About saves. I don't know about other OS,but on GNU/Linux I have backups saves in (weird dirname) ~/.renpy/Test2-1577602671
Numbers seems like unixtime, but "Test2", really? Selebus, what the heck?

Last edited:

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019

Sorry if it came out that way. I'll be clearer from now on :)

Reactions: alex2011

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
Fun update! I enjoyed it and it made me like uta more, haruka and io were their great usual self, and futaba is quickly becoming a good character.

I didn't even think to try and get a tie on the dorm wars, I wonder if something special would happen?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Fun update! I enjoyed it and it made me like uta more, haruka and io were their great usual self, and futaba is quickly becoming a good character.

I didn't even think to try and get a tie on the dorm wars, I wonder if something special would happen?
Prediction: Noriko saws Sensei in half so he can be in both rooms during the beach event.

• Wow

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
So, since i won't ever be able to support this with money, here's a confusing line that can have the entirely opposite of the intended meaning:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And thank you for this amazing and unique VN!

vanbummel

May 15, 2020
For those wanting to see the result of a tie in the dorm war, watch the replay of the results event; you get a tie since there is no way to determine how many points each team would have had.

It is possible to get a tie result naturally, but IIRC you need to miss at least one of the dorm war lust scenes.

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
Lessons in Love [v0.19.0 Part 2] [Selebus] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

Original Win/Linux Size: 5.07 GB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 1.68 GB

Original Mac Size: 5.06 GB
Compressed Mac Size: 1.67 GB

Original Update Size: 297 MB
Compressed Update Size: 128 MB

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Things I noticed this update that might have long term unforeseen consequences

Io falls over in her room when trying to open the door. All I can think is poor miku.

you get to name the robot; I picked Iota for the final name... but I tried trash first just to feel the pain only to find selebus backed out of telling her the name, then kirin shows up and my shit-eating grin was huge

haruka shouldn't have told ami the only thing she has left she cares about is her cafe, considering her past arson tendencies, man that bunsen burner incident was awful.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes