barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That's not what he was saying, he was saying Selebus could use something like a checksum that would render saves that don't match it unusable and saves that were tampered with to avoid consequences for cheating would register as not matching. I disagree as well. An in game consequence for cheating should be fine, but it should also be made unavoidable because it defeats the purpose of having the consequence if people can get around it. This may sound like I'm going on a sadistic streak, but an in game consequence could be total and permanent lockout of lust and romantic character events. Remember the horror of the alternate end to Rin's latest events. The characters would outright reject any advances by player Sensei for the rest of the game. This would be maintained somewhere else even if the cheater variable is reset. Once the cheater variable goes off, that's it.
In a propietary engine, that'd be pretty easy to do. In common developer tools where modding/altering is pretty easy, it just creates an arms race the dev will inevitably lose. A team of one can never outpace an entire community working against them.

Reactions: alex2011

Muk_king

Oct 5, 2019
Strawberry Love, that music that plays during Maya's scare room, has some interesting (translated) lyrics.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Could this be a clue to Maya's backstory? Or did Selebus merely choose music he liked?

El_Zane_123

Oct 22, 2020
I'm not sure it's really a secret since baby finches that there was a past relationship. Plus her parting message makes it very clear that she has feelings.
Exactly. I mean it was also very obvious before that she was still deeply in love with sensei but because the past, the fear if falling for him and losing him again and the fear of her showing affection increasing the chances of his personality vanishing again made her choose to distant and cut off her feelings.

She made a huge sacrifice, even more so considering what a pervert sensei is, considering how much she feels for him and how little she allowes herself to show it just to protect him.

Ofc there is more to it but that's the core and that's the true tragedy of current Maya. Even the other girls begin to see through her (Ami and Ayane at least) and she has to struggle with her feelings more and more while also having to adapt because of the arms race with Noriko in the battle for Sensei.

Yet he remains oblivious, this goddamn fool. From everything we have seen so far, it's pretty safe to say that her love for him is immense given the pain she endures for his sake.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Ofc there is more to it but that's the core and that's the true tragedy of current Maya. Even the other girls begin to see through her (Ami and Ayane at least) and she has to struggle with her feelings more and more while also having to adapt because of the arms race with Noriko in the battle for Sensei.
Only the densest of the girls didn't pick up on the subtext of her reaction to Noriko showing up and fawning over him.

Her standoffishness towards Sensei isn't just "if I show my feelings, he might reset again." She's been through failed iterations of him. She's put her walls up to protect herself as much as anything else -- she can't let her guard down for just any person wearing his skin. She doesn't start to slip until she realizes that he's more himself than he's been since this whole thing started. As the story progresses, it's going to get progressively harder for her to retain that facade.

YadenYu

Jul 22, 2019
PDF guides updated to 0.16.0p2. Guide mod updated to 0.17.0.

Character icons have been added to the top of each girl's tracker allowing you to more easily jump from girl to girl.

A "Toggle Completed" button has been added to the bottom of the Main Event trackers, allowing you to hide completed events.

I've continued to rewrite the way the guide mod works, so if you run into anything strange, please let me know.

You might also be interested in seigram's HTML guide.
the mod guide works in compress version?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
In a propietary engine, that'd be pretty easy to do. In common developer tools where modding/altering is pretty easy, it just creates an arms race the dev will inevitably lose. A team of one can never outpace an entire community working against them.
It is only a loss if he stopped trying. An arms race is a battle of willpower in this sense of the term, an endurance battle where whoever is still updating when the other side stops trying, basically whoever made the last edit when all is done, wins. In this case, given precedent showing how stubborn Selebus can be, which has been nothing but a great benefit to the game, I would put more stake on him coming out on top if that were to happen. The cheater variable would remain simply because the players weren't as dedicated to cheating without consequences as Selebus was to keeping the cheater variable an active threat to a player's perfect run.

Strawberry Love, that music that plays during Maya's scare room, has some interesting (translated) lyrics.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Could this be a clue to Maya's backstory? Or did Selebus merely choose music he liked?
The lyrics were out of his control, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand them based on previous comments, so it was probably coincidence.

ragingbanjo

Nov 15, 2019
desperate to play the new patches but my saves got wiped and the game wont recognise any saves i download from here. Any thoughts?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
desperate to play the new patches but my saves got wiped and the game wont recognise any saves i download from here. Any thoughts?
Did you take the numbers off the front of the save name from the saves you got here? Renpy only recognizes saves with a specific naming format and files downloaded from F95 have a few numbers tacked onto the front of the file name.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I haven't played this since the beach event, what has happened in the story so far?
A lot would be a severe understatement, it would probably be better to witness for yourself than for us to explain as it would likely take a page and a half, not to mention a sustained period of typing, to go through it all.

Reactions: Verheilen

Slavytuch

Apr 18, 2020
Please tell me what you need to input in the rectangle, in the event There is Nothing?
Search through the happy scenes, there is everything you need to enter, except the password, it's the thing that Sensei set himself first thing next day after reincarnation (its a hint where to search for it).

For the game progress I really like the atmosphere, but things can go really bad within few wrong steps. For example - the Prisoner with Ayane, not like something really bad happened there, but poor girl was severely traumatized, lucky it was only Kirin, but not really lucky for Ayane.

I really miss more happy scenes, it's been a long time since any new added, only character specific events do that, I know that 48 4f 50 45 hates winter, but he said himself that he returned, and now it's a gun, waiting to shoot, but it never does and it's certainly tiring.

Best VN so far, never been so posessed with something than this, hope HOPE to see more of it.

And yes - first floor FTW!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Jul 11, 2019
I really miss more happy scenes, it's been a long time since any new added, only character specific events do that, I know that 48 4f 50 45 hates winter, but he said himself that he returned, and now it's a gun, waiting to shoot, but it never does and it's certainly tiring.
I do wonder why there haven't been any Happy Scenes since the end of chapter 1.
No room with clocks, no rant about the selfish letter T. Perhaps it's because the Happy Scenes are no longer seperate from the main events? Or perhaps we're simply in the calm before the storm.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
No room with clocks, no rant about the selfish letter T. Perhaps it's because the Happy Scenes are no longer seperate from the main events? Or perhaps we're simply in the calm before the storm.
From what I can see, the happy scenes are merging with reality. The characters breakdowns, sensei's breakdowns, soon enough it'll all be one happy scene
Especially now that Yasu is in the game, I think she'll have an even bigger impact than noriko on the mental stability of sensei

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Selebus has a roadmap for the next two month's worth of updates on the Patreon, and rest assured, more happy scenes are coming.

ragingbanjo

Nov 15, 2019
Did you take the numbers off the front of the save name from the saves you got here? Renpy only recognizes saves with a specific naming format and files downloaded from F95 have a few numbers tacked onto the front of the file name.
hey thanks for the reply, tried that and it didn't work unfortunately. I'm thinking the saves are saved elsewhere other than the extracted folder but i can't for the life of me find them. Tried looking in the renpy folder in APPDATA but no dice. Might just have to start again at this point

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes