Sean1100010

Jul 15, 2018
Thought process during this game:
Day 1
-Oh existential crisis in the first 5 seconds! Lovely!
-[Irrelevant Van Halen reference in my mind when Jump appeared]
-*screaming internally at the "static" and translating the hexadecimal*
-I need to stop. It's late... *keeps going*
-[Another static scare] F**k me!

Day 2
-Perfectly normal harem game, let's visit my niece!
-Hang on this isn't my niece's room, this is a room with clocks!!
-I'm not crying during this scene with clocks because I'm caught off guard, you are.
-Normal...normal...normal *still on the edge of my seat*
-More existential crisis!
-"Are you happy?" Hmm...I have a choice to say I'm miserable? Let's see what happens when I click- NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!
-I'm happy and this game is normal! *panic*

Day 3
-Oh, I just realized there is a Missing event. *screams internally*
-Ok more smut.
-What's this smiley face?
-This game knows it is torturing me and is ok with it. I'm ok with this as well.

Overall review from what I have played: 15/10, More please! I like how this gives me heavy DDLC vibes. Selebus, you have exceeded my expectations and I want more. I am not usually a horror fan but this is fantastic. Keep it up!

args48

Jun 12, 2020
I've become a sucker for darker skin A cup girls and they are greatly lacking in western games. So more of chika's sister please! Lots more. Fuck it. How much do I need to pledge to make her a main? :p I need to protect her. I hope you design her side story like Ada from parental love. I feel that's the best "loli" content in a western game right now. No forced stuff, no manipulation, pure vanilla lewds. She's too innocent for anything more!

If you ever plan on adding more dark skin A cup girls (good luck on $5K goal!), here's some of my favorites to get creative juices flowing:
Anya from Seikoki No Dragonar: , ,
Topia from Natsu No Majo No Parade:
Chloe from Fate/Kaleid: , (Do I see some similarities here?)

I feel you, this is the first game on this site I decided to financially support, it definitely has the potential to end up as one of the best games on the site, or at bare minimum top 5. But then again a game as great as, Do you have Akira points is only ranked 18 so who knows.
Me too, and i'll be stepping up a tier on the 1st. The ranks on this site are sadly all over the place. There's games in the top 20 that are trash, and games that are gold buried at the bottom. I guess it really depends on what kind of content you are after and most of western culture wants DD sized waifus with incest it seems. Seeing as I don't find anything larger than a C cup attractive (some exceptions), very few games here interest me and the ones that do usually have horrible gameplay/writing. I think Harem Hotel and Parental Love are my next favorites.

I've played (nearly?) every game on this site and this game is my favorite. Selebus is also one of the only developers that seems to keep his promises and deliver content regularly. There's only one girl I don't care for look-wise, but she has a nice personality. The girls in this game have realistic measurements too and that's so refreshing in a western game. Some may call them "too loli" but I question if these people even step outside. I see girls in their 20s-30s every day that are the same size as Sana.

This game has so much going for it. Speaking of. More Sana too! :D

Last edited:

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Maaaan this was a really wholesome update. Is it just me or both Maya and Yumi are showing a softer side lately? I feel particularly less insulted at every turn in this update.
Also, I feel like the "happy" factor took a step back, which was surprising in an update so filled with Maya events. Somehow the Haruka conversation stuck out more for me than the main dish this update. Really interesting stuff with her.

But what stuck out for me the most this update were the heartwarming moments with Futaba, Miku, Rin and Yumi.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TL;DR: The creepy factor was somehow toned down this time to grant some wholesome character developments, which I welcome. I think this was a perfect balance of both aspects to this story.

args48

Jun 12, 2020
But what stuck out for me the most this update were the heartwarming moments with Futaba, Miku, Rin and Yumi.
I had little interest in Miku at first but she is growing on me... As an avid runner IRL one scene did bother me though. She's suppose to be some super competitive athletic but she runs with the main character (who has never ran before) and then at the end she says "she could go for 2-3 more miles" or something like that.

If she's as fit as she should be, she should be saying 20-30 miles. Maybe she's just being nice but running with a beginner doesn't affect my stamina at all. She's not that fit if she can only crank out a few miles! ;)

I guess a few miles does seem far to a non-runner, but in the runner world, those are beginner to intermediate numbers. Maybe I am expecting too much out of an H game! :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011 and DrFree

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
This just s happens to be one of many
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Of course, "Word of God" can just change that in post-editing.

Blake639

Aug 5, 2018
I had little interest in Miku at first but she is growing on me... As an avid runner IRL one scene did bother me though. She's suppose to be some super competitive athletic but she runs with the main character (who has never ran before) and then at the end she says "she could go for 2-3 more miles" or something like that.

If she's as fit as she should be, she should be saying 20-30 miles. Maybe she's just being nice but running with a beginner doesn't affect my stamina at all. She's not that fit if she can only crank out a few miles! ;)

I guess a few miles does seem far to a non-runner, but in the runner world, those are beginner to intermediate numbers. Maybe I am expecting too much out of an H game! :LOL:
I mean I used to run 5K races like once a month and was in track/cross country and other than a rare few who actually ran and practiced for marathons, no I ever talked to would just casually crank out 20+ miles in a run. Unless you're like an olympian that would probably take you at least 3 hours of straight running...

args48

Jun 12, 2020
I mean I used to run 5K races like once a month and was in track/cross country and other than a rare few who actually ran and practiced for marathons, no I ever talked to would just casually crank out 20+ miles in a run. Unless you're like an olympian that would probably take you at least 3 hours of straight running...
I can't remember if Miku mentions what kind of runner she is (5K,10K,Marathon,etc) but I would guess she's good at all of them because of her goals and personality. I agree that runners who only focus on 5k races may not be able to do huge miles. However, I feel anyone doing competitive races can usually crank out 10+ miles with relative ease simply by slowing down a bit. Either way, the 2-3 mile statement seemed really low to me for someone like Miku who's entire life is based around being a competitive athlete. It's totally not a big deal and when I replay the game if it actually says 20-30 miles now, I am going to get a good laugh. :LOL:

(The rest is off topic)
Personally I run 100-125 miles a month with a couple 20+ mile runs each month. You are correct, I sometimes casually run ~4 hours straight with no pre-planning if my mood clicks. I use to think I was pretty extreme but then I met people doing over 300 miles every single month - at a faster 6-7 minute/miles. Those competitive athletes are crazy man, and I definitely picture Miku doing everything to be the best.

Reactions: DrFree and Blake639

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm just wondering but how did they get all those models out of koikatsu
maybe vroid studio
There are A LOT of mods that involve clothing and body options.

Lessons in Love 0.6.0 will launch of the first of August for all patrons and is the largest update so far!

Expect solo events for Haruka/Kirin/Karin/Kaori/Sara as well as side events for Ami/Ayane/Chika/Makoto.
Two new characters will also make their first appearance in this update!

If you want instant access to the update, please consider to help me reach the next goal of $5k (Which will ultimately unlock an entire second floor of dorms).

Thanks as always for playing Lessons in Love!

View attachment 739375
I can only imagine the crazy amount of work that goes into an update this big. I have done 50k+ words myself, I have an in progress story that is way over that at this point just because my fingers don't know the meaning of the word stop, but I have actually just recently gotten into studio work with the last three Illusion games and I've been working in a fourth Illusion game to help another dev with some characters he had to cut from his own development for time reasons and oh boy is it a lot of work just to make sure the characters and props are positioned correctly down to the nearest possible degree. Then there's the coding, also used to do that until Microsoft finally made a system that doesn't support the development software for the language I programmed in, which must be an entire book load by now. I can just imagine that giant blob of text.

Probably just being nice as you said, at least as viewed from an in universe perspective (Now you've done it, Selebus, you got my own creative juices flowing and I'm creating my own head canon that may or may not get written down into an unreleased story). Having her say 20-30 might make her sound like she's bragging, which I don't see her doing against someone so obviously below her level. It could be considered bad form and I just don't see a person who is actively in sports displaying poor sportsmanship like that without being in a moment where emotions are high enough to override their common sense, which happens all the time IRL. A soccer game with both teams neck and neck I could see causing such a reaction out of her, especially if it happens at the very end and her team falls flat, but a simple nightly run won't put her in that situation.

args48

Jun 12, 2020
Probably just being nice as you said, at least as viewed from an in universe perspective (Now you've done it, Selebus, you got my own creative juices flowing and I'm creating my own head canon that may or may not get written down into an unreleased story). Having her say 20-30 might make her sound like she's bragging, which I don't see her doing against someone so obviously below her level. It could be considered bad form and I just don't see a person who is actively in sports displaying poor sportsmanship like that without being in a moment where emotions are high enough to override their common sense, which happens all the time IRL. A soccer game with both teams neck and neck I could see causing such a reaction out of her, especially if it happens at the very end and her team falls flat, but a simple nightly run won't put her in that situation.
I think Selebus made us care way too much about tiny details by making the girl's have unique and believable personalities. :ROFLMAO:

At times, Miku comes across as extremely competitive and almost braggy to me, so personally I could see her casually saying "Oh I could run 20-30 more miles, this was nothing to me" especially if she is trying to impress them - she obviously has a big crush on the MC. I know I am guilty of doing that in real life, but I "boast" in an attempt to let them know that it gets easier/more fun if you stick with it. I feel like that's what Miku was trying to do.

1 more week until 0.6.0. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: DrFree and alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think Selebus made us care way too much about tiny details by making the girl's have unique and believable personalities. :ROFLMAO:

At times, Miku comes across as extremely competitive and almost braggy to me, so personally I could see her casually saying "Oh I could run 20-30 more miles, this was nothing to me" especially if she is trying to impress them - she obviously has a big crush on the MC. I know I am guilty of doing that in real life, but I "boast" in an attempt to let them know that it gets easier/more fun if you stick with it. I feel like that's what Miku was trying to do.

1 more week until 0.6.0. :oops:
That's one indication of a good writer providing good material. We are so invested in the story that we are actually engaging in conversation about story details that were left open. I could see that line being used as an attempt to impress as well and that does fit my scenario of emotions running high as love tends to do that with the less experienced especially.

lardtree90

Feb 16, 2018
Selebus FYI, if you want more ideas for positions for future updates, Katarsys on patreon has added a ton of custom positions to Koikatsu with their KPlug mod :)

Reactions: DrFree

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Selebus FYI, if you want more ideas for positions for future updates, Katarsys on patreon has added a ton of custom positions to Koikatsu with their KPlug mod :)
Thanks! I'm going to try to work on more custom animations soon since I'll be starting full-time development mid-August. I've heard Kplug has some great stuff, but I've also heard that it interferes with some of the other mods I use, so I'll have to do some experimenting to figure stuff out!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks! I'm going to try to work on more custom animations soon since I'll be starting full-time development mid-August. I've heard Kplug has some great stuff, but I've also heard that it interferes with some of the other mods I use, so I'll have to do some experimenting to figure stuff out!
I'm a user of that mod. It CAN interfere and there are a few listed in the compatibility notes for the mod, but only two of them ever gave me a problem, the JannieReplacer that allowed you to change the Darkness janitor's appearance by swapping in another male or futa card and the mod that allows adjusting the girl's placement during an H scene. Also keep in mind that Kplug can take some time to get used to due to just how extensive it is and watch out for the first person view mode as that is turned on by default. Unless you actually want that, I would suggest turning it off first thing if you go the Kplug route. I'll be around to help if you decide to get into Kplug and need help, so feel free to contact me on here through any of the available systems that notify when a person is being commented at.

jestir

May 4, 2018
your game must have hacker my webcam or how else would it have known I was a fan of Edgar Allen Poe fan wearing my favorite shit with Edgar Allen Poe on it sitting at a desk with a raven on his shoulder lol first time playing this game today and I am wearing my favorite shirt

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes