alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That's not necessarily true. After all, Chika's pretty happy at the moment. It's not going to last, but she's pretty happy right now. We might get some sort of eye of the storm effect for Maya at some point, or any of the other girls for that matter.
At the moment, but we are still early in the game. It is pretty much guaranteed she won't stay that way. The real question is what the catalyst for this change is going to be. Will Chinami's condition get worse? Will she have employment issues? Will player Sensei do something to upset her? Worse yet, will Yumi do something drastic to try and tear them apart, whether for her own gain or Chika's sake.

Last edited:

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
I have a question how can i trigger "there's nothing" event?
Although i basically done with every event
Tho i choosed not to do ami's incest route and miss every lust event

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
I have a question how can i trigger "there's nothing" event?
Although i basically done with every event
Tho i choosed not to do ami's incest route and miss every lust event
There's a whole list of requirements which you can find on the wiki (linked in the first post).

TLDR: Do everything you can, you need to finish (or cross out) every scene you currently have access to, since that's the end of chapter 1. That includes Happy Scenes which is probably what you're stuck on, make sure you've done (or crossed out) all of the first 10.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
At the moment, but we are still early in the game. It is pretty much guaranteed she won't stay that way. The real question is what the catalyst for this change is going to be. Will Chinami's condition get worse? Will she have employment issues? Will player Sensei do something to upset her? Worse yet, will Yumi do something drastic to try and tear them apart, whether for her own gain or Chika's sake.
If that's the case, Sensei will definitely look forward to the next reset. I've often seen her as a female Tiny Tim (A Christmas Carol, not "Tiptoe Through the Tulips!").

Reactions: alex2011

90210nyc

Apr 30, 2021
Overview:
Take over as the teacher of ten twelve fourteen sixteen high school students as they attempt to find their way through life. Manage and develop relationships with each of them in the fictional city of Kumon-mi. Choose how to spend your time after school and on weekends to best suit the path you want to take. Whether it be visiting the girls at their part time jobs, trying to convince them to let you into their dorm rooms, or just hanging out in the room with clocks at the local bar, there is always something to do in Lessons in Love.
Please note, some things in this game may be meant to confuse or disturb you.
But don't worry! Everything will be okay~

Game updates twice per month!

Thread Updated: 2021-08-02
Release Date: 2021-08-01
Update twice a month? It has been a long time without a single update.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Normally, yes.

There was no mid-month update this month because the dev took some time to attend to personal matters. The next update will be available to patrons on the 1st.

The update after that is a big one, and is scheduled to be available on the 1st of October (again, for Patrons).

The public version of these updates will be released on the 15th of their respective months, though leaked versions may appear here prior to that.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Selebus updates twice a month like clockwork. This month he took some time off to move so there was a release at the beginning of August and there will be a release at the beginning of September. I'm not sure where you are getting your information.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Last public update was August 14. In other words, it's been 11 days since the last public update? Mind you clarify how this is a "long time?"

Also, I always post public updates here on the day it comes out. You might also want to check LiL's patreon and discord page for public updates too.

Reactions: akselx

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Last public update was August 14. In other words, it's been 11 days since the last public update? Mind you clarify how this is a "long time?"

Also, I always post public updates here on the day it comes out. You might also want to check LiL's patreon and discord page for public updates too.
I swear, some people are like the drivers behind you who honk 100 milliseconds after the light turns green.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
If that's the case, Sensei will definitely look forward to the next reset. I've often seen her as a female Tiny Tim (A Christmas Carol, not "Tiptoe Through the Tulips!").
I could see it, and hopefully he doesn't pull a Miku with her, though she seems willing to do just about everything at this point, unlike Miku.

Selebus updates twice a month like clockwork. This month he took some time off to move so there was a release at the beginning of August and there will be a release at the beginning of September. I'm not sure where you are getting your information.
He sounds like he wasn't expecting the time off part and likely was also unaware of the bigger updates being exceptions to this release schedule. Most people getting into this one who aren't fully aware of the scheduling are like that, they expect it to be two updates period unless they are around for announcements of a bigger update or a break.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

To be fair, most people on this site track releases by when they first appear here, not by when they were publically released. Since it leaked pretty quickly, it's been nearly a month since the page was updated, so the question "does this really update twice a month" a valid question.

Reactions: akselx

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
To be fair, most people on this site track releases by when they first appear here, not by when they were publically released. Since it leaked pretty quickly, it's been nearly a month since the page was updated, so the question "does this really update twice a month" a valid question.
That makes sense, considering the nature of the site, releases here often happen earlier than official public releases and that can lead to the misconception that the release is older than it actually is. However, there's also the issue that, even when there is a new update at the patron only level, this site relies on people reporting a new update to the mods or other applicable users so that they can update the thread, which sometimes doesn't happen until long after a particular update is public. The Koikatsu thread was on update RX8 for a long time, at least two updates to Better Repack before the thread got updated. This is actually a perfectly valid reason to worry, unlike the dates of the official and F95 releases not matching because someone uploaded it while the update was still patron only.

The only date that really matters, unless the thread is behind by multiple updates or by a public release, is the official release date, which we are not yet at the next.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Normally I'd be irked missing scenes but as long as they don't affect the ending I'm quite alright missing the Happy scenes. Not really a fan of the convoluted psychological mumbo jumbo they contain. This coming from someone who doesn't find the appeal of horror movies.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Normally I'd be irked missing scenes but as long as they don't affect the ending I'm quite alright missing the Happy scenes. Not really a fan of the convoluted psychological mumbo jumbo they contain. This coming from someone who doesn't find the appeal of horror movies.
They might, nobody knows what will or will not affect the ending except we do know certain choices will affect what purity route the player gets put on if they go far enough toward a specific character once out of the general route. That 'convoluted mumbo jumbo' can very easily mean the difference between getting through puzzles and getting stuck in them, by the way, just fair warning.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That is what the search function is for.
You won't always find the answers here and the other resources may be out of date at the time IF they are still updated by that point, your only guaranteed save from such an outcome if you didn't see the answers the first time is to use the replay function, which is effectively the same as going through the event in the first place.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
This seems like a plausible plot point, but why is it guaranteed? Selebus is keeping his story pretty close to the vest, right? Is it a guarantee that all the girls will end up miserable and depressed during the story? Or are you just taking about Chika specifically, since she loves Sensei and believes he is just focused on her (how can she not see the obvious?).

At the moment, I really don't see see Kirin, Uta, or Nodoka having long periods of depression. Perhaps a scene or two of emotional realism, based on unknown things that may have happened in their past, but seems in character for them to just brush off any discomfort.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
This seems like a plausible plot point, but why is it guaranteed? Selebus is keeping his story pretty close to the vest, right? Is it a guarantee that all the girls will end up miserable and depressed during the story? Or are you just taking about Chika specifically, since she loves Sensei and believes he is just focused on her (how can she not see the obvious?).

At the moment, I really don't see see Kirin, Uta, or Nodoka having long periods of depression. Perhaps a scene or two of emotional realism, based on unknown things that may have happened in their past, but seems in character for them to just brush off any discomfort.
Pretty much guaranteed, which means almost, but not completely in this case. The near guarantee in this case is not specific to LiL at all, but is instead because of the genre of the game. Remember that this is a Denpa game, like Doki Doki Literature Club, as stated by Selebus, a core feature of which is a plot that gets dark and rarely goes back. I am most definitely not talking about Chika specifically, there's been something brewing in the shadows and this will affect the entire cast when whatever it is hits. As for how Chika can't see that she is not his only girl, she's naive, too naive for her own good. She thinks that he couldn't possibly do something like cheat on her and it could very easily come back to hurt her, badly.

Not many characters are showing signs yet and most of them don't suffer from any condition that could change that, but they could slip once whatever is brewing in the shadows, mostly hinted at through 'happy' scenes, comes out. The 'happy' scenes and the main events both serve as the main story of the game with the main events detailing how the cast is going about their lives and the 'happy' scenes hinting at the darker things yet to make an appearance.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

Given the genre of the game, and the general tone, it is nearly guaranteed that almost all of the characters are doomed to have a Really Bad Time at some point in the story. How it manifests may be in unexpected ways, but nobody's getting a happy ending without one hell of a struggle to get there.

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Remember that this is a Denpa game, like Doki Doki Literature Club, as stated by Selebus, a core feature of which is a plot that gets dark and rarely goes back.
Yes, I've heard that on these forums, but I am not very familiar with Japanese games or anime tropes, nor have I played Doki Doki Literature Club. What are the key features of a Denpa game? All I can find online is this: .

Also, while I am thinking about it, does anybody know, or has Selebus said, why each of the characters have a first name and last name that start with the same letter? They tend to have a sing-song, rhyming quality. Is this common in Japan, or is Selebus trying to be humorus here? For those more familiar with Japanese names, do the last names of the characters have any significance?

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes