Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Events, especially the early events like that one, might not activate in the order it shows in the list. All the main girl's events are split between two main locations, their hangout spot (for Ami it's her bedroom) and their dorm room, so it's possible to trigger a latter event in her hangout spot before an earlier one in her dorm for example (assuming one doesn't rely on the other).
Visit Ami in her dorm on the weekend, if that doesn't do anything you can upload a save here for someone to take a look at.
It just fired.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I don't, for the life of me, understand why you need so many steps, so needlessly complicated. Writing stuff down...What for? You have a progress button, use it. Meanwhile, characters have only 2 places you can visit + phone call and maybe invite, if implemented. If character specific events don't trigger, just wait for main story ones to pass first.
At least for this step, you can skip it by clicking the "progress" button at the bottom of the screen. Although it does not specify how many incomplete events there are, it lets you know that there are events available for which character, or main events available, or happy events available
Thanks! Somehow, I totally missed the (tiny, barely visible) progress button. How long has this been there? Haha. I feel like an idiot for missing it all this time. That will save me a lot of clicking and writing down (or typing in notepad, I didn't use actual paper, I am not a Neanderthal).

There are a number of AVN developers who have worked to come up with a workable balance of hand holding and being thrown into the deep end. Some, like Xavster put little icons on the ship map to show which rooms contain repeatable or new scenes. Others, like NLT and many others will leave the player to explore, but provide a hint mechanic to give some small nudge. It's a difficult balance to achieve. Some do it well, some don't.
Very true. LiL is a lot less grindy than many games. I wouldn't even use the word grind to describe it. I think somewhat repetitive at times, is as good a description as any. With some interface tweaking, if Selebus is game to try it, could take the edge off so to speak.

I pretty much avoid all sandbox games, and anything with a hint of grind, because I just don't have the patience for it. There are so many great games to play, not to waste my time clicking all over a map or room to try to find the next scene, or repeating the same scene over and over to increase stats. A few games around here are especially egregious offenders. Room for Rent is a prime example. At first glance appears like it might be decent, but the mind-numbing grind kills any potential enjoyment for the game.

LiL is great enough, that I never minded the sandbox-lite nature. However, after playing up to this point, I am realizing that the mechanics of triggering the next character scene could be improved, for me at least. The progress menu, which I never knew about, will help a lot, but even if you know what character you are trying for, there are about 12 combinations of places, times, and days you have to try to attempt to trigger the scene, with each scene with each girl, and sometimes it still doesn't work because I haven't triggered a main event yet.

Maybe I am in the minority of fans, but a little more guidance to reduce repetitive clicking would be much welcomed.

Thank you for reminding me of the Thomas Covenant books!
Thomas Covenant was much worse, as an actual rapist. I couldn't get past that part, and put away the series in disgust. I am sure Thomas Covenant was very sorry and wretched afterwords, but that still didn't make me want to spend another 1500 pages with him.

When I read novels, the main character doesn't have to be perfect (how boring). Imperfect, flawed characters and even those with sketchy morals, make it interesting. But I have to at least like the character in some way. They should have at least a few redeeming qualities. Think of Takeshi Kovacs, from the Altered Carbon trilogy, Logen Ninefingers or even Inquisitor Glokta from Joe Abercrombie's, The Blade Itself (if you've read either of those books). They are criminals and killers many times over, but each of them have some spark or sense of internal ethics, even if twisted by modern standards, that make them interesting to read about and root for.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Thomas Covenant was much worse, as an actual rapist. I couldn't get past that part, and put away the series in disgust. I am sure Thomas Covenant was very sorry and wretched afterwords, but that still didn't make me want to spend another 1500 pages with him.

When I read novels, the main character doesn't have to be perfect (how boring). Imperfect, flawed characters and even those with sketchy morals, make it interesting. But I have to at least like the character in some way. They should have at least a few redeeming qualities. Think of Takeshi Kovacs, from the Altered Carbon trilogy, Logen Ninefingers or even Inquisitor Glokta from Joe Abercrombie's, The Blade Itself (if you've read either of those books). They are criminals and killers many times over, but each of them have some spark or sense of internal ethics, even if twisted by modern standards, that make them interesting to read about and root for.
I agree. I bought the trilogy from the Science Fiction Book Club, but if I remember correctly, I never actually finished it. I think it was like a morality play--his physical corruption led to his ethical corruption, and he had no redemption arc because he was just...there for so much of it, I don't remember him really exercising will or agency very often. It's been many years, and my memory may have suffered some rewriting.

Reactions: Antosha

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My problem, no one else’s.
Yes. Exactly. The two scenes you mentioned were very hard to watch. I still think of Bluejay often, and think to myself "why"? Maybe someone can remind me. I still don't quite understand, if it is understandable. Was it just the pressure of being "On" all the time? Of being the responsible one? Did Sensei drive her to it, because he is so aloof, and doesn't return her deeply held feelings for him?

Maya is going to get totally Elena'd.
I am feeling extra dense today. Elena'd? From DmD? What do you mean?

I agree. I bought the trilogy from the Science Fiction Book Club, but if I remember correctly, I never actually finished it. I think it was like a morality play--his physical corruption led to his ethical corruption, and he had no redemption arc because he was just...there for so much of it, I don't remember him really exercising will or agency very often. It's been many years, and my memory may have suffered some rewriting.
At least I got the trilogy from the library. I skimmed the book a little after that scene, just to see if Thomas Covenant's character got any better or more sympathetic, but no, it was just more and more wretchedness, and continual "woe is me" levels of self reflection. Maybe by book three, but I was done.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Someone on the discord suggesting just making the puzzles procedurally generated, which would make going onto a website for the solution itself impossible. It's also a lot more complicated to code, so I doubt he'll do it, but there's definitely an audience for these types of puzzles.
I'd be for it, but you're right, those are a major pain to code.

Thanks! Somehow, I totally missed the (tiny, barely visible) progress button. How long has this been there? Haha. I feel like an idiot for missing it all this time. That will save me a lot of clicking and writing down (or typing in notepad, I didn't use actual paper, I am not a Neanderthal).

Very true. LiL is a lot less grindy than many games. I wouldn't even use the word grind to describe it. I think somewhat repetitive at times, is as good a description as any. With some interface tweaking, if Selebus is game to try it, could take the edge off so to speak.

I pretty much avoid all sandbox games, and anything with a hint of grind, because I just don't have the patience for it. There are so many great games to play, not to waste my time clicking all over a map or room to try to find the next scene, or repeating the same scene over and over to increase stats. A few games around here are especially egregious offenders. Room for Rent is a prime example. At first glance appears like it might be decent, but the mind-numbing grind kills any potential enjoyment for the game.

LiL is great enough, that I never minded the sandbox-lite nature. However, after playing up to this point, I am realizing that the mechanics of triggering the next character scene could be improved, for me at least. The progress menu, which I never knew about, will help a lot, but even if you know what character you are trying for, there are about 12 combinations of places, times, and days you have to try to attempt to trigger the scene, with each scene with each girl, and sometimes it still doesn't work because I haven't triggered a main event yet.

Maybe I am in the minority of fans, but a little more guidance to reduce repetitive clicking would be much welcomed.

At the same time, too much guidance would ruin what Selebus seems to have been going for. It is a much more delicate balance than usual with this game because he most definitely has to make sure not to disclose upcoming 'happy' scenes so they don't lose impact among other issues.

Yes. Exactly. The two scenes you mentioned were very hard to watch. I still think of Bluejay often, and think to myself "why"? Maybe someone can remind me. I still don't quite understand, if it is understandable. Was it just the pressure of being "On" all the time? Of being the responsible one? Did Sensei drive her to it, because he is so aloof, and doesn't return her deeply held feelings for him?

At least I got the trilogy from the library. I skimmed the book a little after that scene, just to see if Thomas Covenant's character got any better or more sympathetic, but no, it was just more and more wretchedness, and continual "woe is me" levels of self reflection. Maybe by book three, but I was done.
I would say it was a mix of all of those things that drove her into what happened during the "Bluejay" event.

Cerpin

Jun 22, 2020

I was referencing Covenant's rape-baby Elena from the books.

In an attempt to defeat the big bad she basically breaks the fundamental laws governing how the land works. (From memory she restores some hero to life who is immediately turned to evil it's been like 15 years). She basically fucks up time and in the process dooms herself leading to Covenant eventually having to break the land further and causing no end of issues leading to Covenant effectively ascending to the position of a god.

Covenant fundamentally does not accept that the land is real, he thinks he's dreaming. It takes like 6 books before he fully accepts that the land is in some way real and commits to it. But to be fair he does regret his rape of Lena and makes some misguided attempts to make up for it (which inevitably result in death and horror).

He is not unlike Sensei.

Aug 23, 2021
I've been playing this for a while, but only recently wanted to ask something. I'm currently after the chapter 1. So, my question is about the horror. Can someone tell me without spoilers please, if the scary part stays the same, gets more or less intense?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I've been playing this for a while, but only recently wanted to ask something. I'm currently after the chapter 1. So, my question is about the horror. Can someone tell me without spoilers please, if the scary part stays the same, gets more or less intense?
It will likely get more intense. We are far from the end of the game and things haven't gotten truly bad yet like Denpa games usually do.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Another possibility that became apparent in the latest update, is that Makoto might have been pregnant.

"That's impossible, Barglenarglezous, he never came in her!"

The pull-out method was used at least once, and is not a reliable form of birth control.

We know that Ayane was drawn to the rooftop as the reset approached specifically because she had a piece of sensei in her. In fact, when there was a rooftop scene with Ayane, my gut sank specifically because of Bluejay. I am of the opinion that these events were linked directly -- Makoto faced incredible pressure to be perfect, to be on all the time, and she was rewarded for this by having the one thing she was actively trying to avoid happen. And for most girls her age, pregnancy is a life-changing event that permanently changes their life trajectory.

At least, that's my personal theory.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Smarmint

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Another possibility that became apparent in the latest update, is that Makoto might have been pregnant.

"That's impossible, Barglenarglezous, he never came in her!"

The pull-out method was used at least once, and is not a reliable form of birth control.

We know that Ayane was drawn to the rooftop as the reset approached specifically because she had a piece of sensei in her. In fact, when there was a rooftop scene with Ayane, my gut sank specifically because of Bluejay. I am of the opinion that these events were linked directly -- Makoto faced incredible pressure to be perfect, to be on all the time, and she was rewarded for this by having the one thing she was actively trying to avoid happen. And for most girls her age, pregnancy is a life-changing event that permanently changes their life trajectory.

At least, that's my personal theory.
I'm not sure about that, I think it was more cracking under the pressure of her reputation at school and the expectations that come with it and her position in class. Those can cause an extreme amount of pressure on a girl her age and people her age don't necessarily know how to deal with that pressure. I don't think pregnancy was involved or there would have been more signs pointing to it, but even without pregnancy, she was and still is under an immense amount of pressure for a girl her age.

I was once in a similar position to her, holding a position of responsibility and a record of success that led to a reputation I could not keep up with. I was both an honor student for part of high school, not honor student as in taking higher level classes, but maintaining high grades for a significant period, as well as holding the position of lieutenant in our marching band, which was second in command of the section, and equipment manager in the band. I cracked and, while it didn't affect me like we saw with Makoto, it caused me to make mistakes that could have been disastrous, mistakes I would not have made otherwise because I took the two positions extremely seriously to the point where I don't think my section liked me very much. Not like people dying disastrous, but it could have caused a cascade failure throughout the entire band, though one thing could have been genuinely deadly. This mainly took the form of constantly forgetting to assign people to gather equipment, mostly the drum major's podium, but the more dangerous equipment I kept forgetting, which could have caused actual medical harm, was water and this did usually happen on hot days with a completely uncovered sun.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I'm not sure about that, I think it was more cracking under the pressure of her reputation at school and the expectations that come with it and her position in class. Those can cause an extreme amount of pressure on a girl her age and people her age don't necessarily know how to deal with that pressure. I don't think pregnancy was involved or there would have been more signs pointing to it, but even without pregnancy, she was and still is under an immense amount of pressure for a girl her age.
If it were just that pressure, she'd show signs of it outside that sequence of events. Instead, she went from everything's fine, to suddenly absent, to on the rooftop, and then after the reset she....didn't want to spend as much time alone with sensei anymore.

It wasn't spelled out, but when you re-evaluate the sequence of events with the new context provided by Ayane, it's implied. Remember, Makoto understands who Sensei is in a way that naive Ayane does not. She knows he wouldn't be supportive, so she didn't bother saying anything. If anything, that understanding of his nature would actually make it worse for her. Ayane had the hope that this would inspire Sensei to become who she wants him to be. Makoto knows better.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
It gets worse. But, honestly, as a long time fan of (good) horror movies, and books, it is nothing extreme. I find it interesting, and curious to figure out the meaning, rather than horrified. The worse is just general empathy and concern for what the characters you care about have to go through (typically Maya). I really hope we see her happy (for real, I don't mean "happy"), at some point in the story.

It wasn't spelled out, but when you re-evaluate the sequence of events with the new context provided by Ayane, it's implied. Remember, Makoto understands who Sensei is in a way that naive Ayane does not. She knows he wouldn't be supportive, so she didn't bother saying anything. If anything, that understanding of his nature would actually make it worse for her. Ayane had the hope that this would inspire Sensei to become who she wants him to be. Makoto knows better.

[/QUOTEd.

That is an interesting theory, thanks for sharing. Only Selebus knows for sure, but that is as good an explanation as any. I may have to watch it and the preceding few scenes again to see if I can understand it better. It haunts me, honestly.

PS: You should use spoilers for such a plot reveal. Some people are a few updates behind.

Ok I'm gonna lay off the thread for a few days until I'm up to date with the story. Too many spoilers and I'm too stupid curious to ignore spoiler tags
Sorry! I try to use the spoiler tags, but I understand the temptation.

I do the same with books. I never go right to the end, that would spoil the story, usually, but some authors love to have a cliffhanger ending to a chapter, and then put a few chapters about different characters, and I've been known to jump ahead from time to time.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
If it were just that pressure, she'd show signs of it outside that sequence of events. Instead, she went from everything's fine, to suddenly absent, to on the rooftop, and then after the reset she....didn't want to spend as much time alone with sensei anymore.

Not necessarily, she may have been trying to hide it to avoid disappointing anyone or to avoid being replaced as she seems to enjoy being of use to him.

It gets worse. But, honestly, as a long time fan of (good) horror movies, and books, it is nothing extreme. I find it interesting, and curious to figure out the meaning, rather than horrified. The worse is just general empathy and concern for what the characters you care about have to go through (typically Maya). I really hope we see her happy (for real, I don't mean "happy"), at some point in the story.
We probably won't until at least the purity routes IF at all.

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Sorry! I try to use the spoiler tags, but I understand the temptation.

I do the same with books. I never go right to the end, that would spoil the story, usually, but some authors love to have a cliffhanger ending to a chapter, and then put a few chapters about different characters, and I've been known to jump ahead from time to time.
Lol, don't worry about it. I wasn't upset or anything, just want to find out everything quick so I can join the discussion without spoiling myself haha

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
We probably won't until at least the purity routes IF at all.
That's not necessarily true. After all, Chika's pretty happy at the moment. It's not going to last, but she's pretty happy right now. We might get some sort of eye of the storm effect for Maya at some point, or any of the other girls for that matter.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes