PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I'm having a hard time going through all the discussion on the most recent update, but there's a lot of discussion about the Rin/Molly interaction. Sorry if I tread ground someone else already has, for whatever reason I just couldn't keep reading the posts. Sorry.

I feel for Molly, and the scene was hard to watch, but there's more to Rin's reaction than just face value.

1) Rin is not in a good headspace for what's going on. Before she knows what Molly's going to do, she even tells her to hold off on the discussion until the night's events are done. She's terrified about what's going to happen between her and Otoha.

2) She clearly doesn't know how Molly feels about her until Molly starts acting desperate, and starts getting forceful. Molly's behaviour, while understandably having just been her finally breaking after all this has been coming to a head for a while, is also the kind of sexual harassment that gets people in serious trouble, and she wasn't stopping.

3) The two had just had a fight from Rin's perspective, and she's likely still mad at Molly. It's hard to shift gears.

Between these two facts, I think people are judging Rin too harshly. I think under different circumstances, and with less insisting on kissing, and aggressiveness on Molly's part, Rin would've been much gentler about things. As it is, there are signs near the end of the interaction of her softening, despite suggesting some time apart.

I think Molly is awesome. I want her to feel loved, and be happy. I know that the way she acted was out of an extreme emotional state, but her actions were also extreme, and between what Rin was facing later that night, and that fact - I'm not sure expecting more of her is reasonable.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm willing to bet that *our* sensei ends up being the one to break the cycle exactly because he is a lecher who seems to just roll with anything.

I mean, shit happens and he just shrugs and moves on. Maya finally warms up to him as things spiral out of her comfort zone and ultimately we get the full story.
He's definitely going to break something, I just hope it isn't the girls.

I'm having a hard time going through all the discussion on the most recent update, but there's a lot of discussion about the Rin/Molly interaction. Sorry if I tread ground someone else already has, for whatever reason I just couldn't keep reading the posts. Sorry.

I feel for Molly, and the scene was hard to watch, but there's more to Rin's reaction than just face value.

1) Rin is not in a good headspace for what's going on. Before she knows what Molly's going to do, she even tells her to hold off on the discussion until the night's events are done. She's terrified about what's going to happen between her and Otoha.

2) She clearly doesn't know how Molly feels about her until Molly starts acting desperate, and starts getting forceful. Molly's behaviour, while understandably having just been her finally breaking after all this has been coming to a head for a while, is also the kind of sexual harassment that gets people in serious trouble, and she wasn't stopping.

3) The two had just had a fight from Rin's perspective, and she's likely still mad at Molly. It's hard to shift gears.

Between these two facts, I think people are judging Rin too harshly. I think under different circumstances, and with less insisting on kissing, and aggressiveness on Molly's part, Rin would've been much gentler about things. As it is, there are signs near the end of the interaction of her softening, despite suggesting some time apart.

I think Molly is awesome. I want her to feel loved, and be happy. I know that the way she acted was out of an extreme emotional state, but her actions were also extreme, and between what Rin was facing later that night, and that fact - I'm not sure expecting more of her is reasonable.
VERY hard to watch, and I feel for both on this one.

1. Definitely not, she hasn't been for a good portion of the game and we are just now seeing how bad the headspace she is in is. There absolutely was an issue with the timing on Molly's part.

2. Nope, she's too laser focused on Otoha to see anyone else. True, Molly did go too far, but so did Rin.

3. Definitely still mad, you don't just brush a fight like this off.

People are definitely being too harsh on Rin, but she is not totally faultless, either. She definitely would not have reacted so harshly under normal circumstances, the Rin we knew before was too understanding for that, but she was just not in the right state of mind to be her normal self.

Absolutely with you on the first part on Molly, she needs some love of the internal, non-development kind. No, it definitely would be unreasonable to expect more out of either girl. Neither was in a state of mind to resolve this as they normally would, which would have ended A LOT smoother than how it ultimately did.

Reactions: Antosha

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
He's definitely going to break something, I just hope it isn't the girls.

VERY hard to watch, and I feel for both on this one.

1. Definitely not, she hasn't been for a good portion of the game and we are just now seeing how bad the headspace she is in is. There absolutely was an issue with the timing on Molly's part.

2. Nope, she's too laser focused on Otoha to see anyone else. True, Molly did go too far, but so did Rin.

3. Definitely still mad, you don't just brush a fight like this off.

People are definitely being too harsh on Rin, but she is not totally faultless, either. She definitely would not have reacted so harshly under normal circumstances, the Rin we knew before was too understanding for that, but she was just not in the right state of mind to be her normal self.

Absolutely with you on the first part on Molly, she needs some love of the internal, non-development kind. No, it definitely would be unreasonable to expect more out of either girl. Neither was in a state of mind to resolve this as they normally would, which would have ended A LOT smoother than how it ultimately did.
I really hope Rin's slow realization of Molly's intentions were because of Otoha tunnel vision because i refuse to believe Rin's that stupid.

Reactions: Antosha

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I really hope Rin's slow realization of Molly's intentions were because of Otoha tunnel vision because i refuse to believe Rin's that stupid.
She's definitely not that stupid, she'll realize at some point and then things could get ugly for her because she comes to realize she hurt Molly, something she would never normally do.

The human mind is very good at overlooking/ignoring things that it doesn't want to be true.
That it is

Anderus1984

Jan 3, 2021
Prehaps a silly question, but I only started to play this game, from what ive seen in tags, among other things, there is tag - animated, but when Ive got to the first h-scene, the one
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, it wasnt animated, so my question is, does this game have many animated h-scenes?
I have to say story is very intriguing and interesting.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Prehaps a silly question, but I only started to play this game, from what ive seen in tags, among other things, there is tag - animated, but when Ive got to the first h-scene, the one
, it wasnt animated, so my question is, does this game have many animated h-scenes?
I have to say story is very intriguing and interesting.
The first time through a scene isn't animated, but repeats of repeatable scenes are. This is to avoid any distractions away from the story being told. These animations are basically only found in lust scenes, which are the sexual side content of the game. What you saw, I belive, was during a main event scene, which would not be animated since main event scenes, along with character and 'happy' scenes, typically have the more important story elements.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The first time through a scene isn't animated, but repeats of repeatable scenes are. This is to avoid any distractions away from the story being told. These animations are basically only found in lust scenes, which are the sexual side content of the game. What you saw, I belive, was during a main event scene, which would not be animated since main event scenes, along with character and 'happy' scenes, typically have the more important story elements.
Note: We use "lust scene" in a different context than the patch notes. When the patch notes say there's a lust scene, it means there's an H scene. The latest patch has 3 Lust scenes per the patch notes, but none of them are animated because they fall within the main story sequence. They're called lust scenes because whether or not they happen is dependent upon your Lust score with that girl.

Animated lust scenes (what we mean when we say it) happen in the girl's dorm room (as an option given other than "hang out" when you knock on the door), or at their hangout spot (for the adult characters, like the bar for Sara) or at Sensei's apartment when you invite them over.

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

Anderus1984

Jan 3, 2021

I see. Thanks for the answer. By the way, I pretty much understand how affection points gain, how excatly lust points achived? I suspect prehaps from some of the choices MC is presented.
And another question that pretty much is born from my curiosity and a bit of suspicion -

SecretUser95

Feb 22, 2019
I see. Thanks for the answer. By the way, I pretty much understand how affection points gain, how excatly lust points achived? I suspect prehaps from some of the choices MC is presented.
And another question that pretty much is born from my curiosity and a bit of suspicion -
Lust points are gained via repeatable sex scenes ( the animated ones ), you will know when you have access to some.

SecretUser95

Feb 22, 2019
Playing through the game again, and some pieces are falling together.

Wasn't it "Something is buried beneath your feet ?"

Also, if you don't kiss Chika in that event in the bad half of town, the narrator says " There is something buried beneath your feet. You are a coward who will never find it. " Does that imply we WANT to find it ?

I always figured the thing buried is the body of the OG sensei, the one who jumped from the school rooftop.

Also, another thing that hasn't been mentioned in a while are Maya's boxes that she has sensei carry at night. Anyone got any idea what was up with that ?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

Also, if you don't kiss Chika in that event in the bad half of town, the narrator says " There is something buried beneath your feet. You are a coward who will never find it. " Does that imply we WANT to find it ?

I always figured the thing buried is the body of the OG sensei, the one who jumped from the school rooftop.

Also, another thing that hasn't been mentioned in a while are Maya's boxes that she has sensei carry at night. Anyone got any idea what was up with that ?
It's both, but you're right, "beneath your feet" or some variant appears more frequently.

Room with the clocks: There is something buried beneath your feet
The Letter T: There is something buried underneath your feet

HOWEVER: In Not Even Me, after your conversation with Yumi, you're first informed that you've unlocked a scene with [REDACTED], and the very next screen:

I recall seeing one other instance of "underneath the school" last night, but can't remember which scene. I played through all of the content added in the first two releases (thank you wiki for keeping a changelog of all updates!).

When you're told it's under the school in Not Even Me, the next message is "want to find it?" (in kanji).
In the Letter T, after you're told it's beneath your feet: "Will you go looking for it" (also kanji)
The game baits you from 1.0 to go looking for whatever it is underneath the school/city.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Note: We use "lust scene" in a different context than the patch notes. When the patch notes say there's a lust scene, it means there's an H scene. The latest patch has 3 Lust scenes per the patch notes, but none of them are animated because they fall within the main story sequence. They're called lust scenes because whether or not they happen is dependent upon your Lust score with that girl.

Animated lust scenes (what we mean when we say it) happen in the girl's dorm room (as an option given other than "hang out" when you knock on the door), or at their hangout spot (for the adult characters, like the bar for Sara) or at Sensei's apartment when you invite them over.
Good catch, I didn't clarify enough and this isn't the first time. Though I did say repeatable scenes, that is kind of vague now that there's an actual replay system in the game. Repeatable could mean any portion, not just dorm or invite scenes, thanks to that system.

Lust points are ground through the repeatable scenes that were mentioned above. After one or more of the lust scenes that
Barglenarglezous and SecretUser95 mentioned, the ones that trigger some time in a character's events, you gain repeatable actions either through their dorm room or calling to invite them. Do note, however, that the invite system is still not fully implemented as it would not fit the story to do so at this time. It would not make sense to have a character invitable if, for example, they have barely had any interaction at all. The story lust scenes Barglenarglezous and SecretUser95 mentioned also add to this lust point system.

Oh, there's definitely a yandere, but it's up in the air who it really is. At first, Ayane was a huge suspect, then came Ami and Noriko, but nobody is truly confirmed one...yet. I won't say more for spoiler reasons.

Lust points are gained via repeatable sex scenes ( the animated ones ), you will know when you have access to some.

Well said on that spoiler, considering the expectations of a majority of the F95 community, that point cannot be stressed enough.

Maybe, or maybe not. I actually do want to find it from an outside perspective, but putting myself into the game's perspective, I want to stay as far from it as possible with all the girls behind me, safe from whatever lurks in the shadows.

I always welcome more story content. As for the horror, let just say Doki Doki Literature Club has showed me how not everything what it seems.
Exactly, just like DDLC, do not trust this game to be straightforward for even a second. The moment you let your guard down is the moment it will show you just how big a mistake you made.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes