ztpaa

Oct 2, 2017
Also, this game is making me sad as hell. Hopefully some more cheerful things happen soon or I may need to stop playing.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I admit, there are times that I get tired of using Google Translate camera on my phone to translate the Japanese on my PC screen, and times I get tired of using a hex to text converter to reveal those phrases as well. It would be so much...easier...if those translations were in the walkthroughs, but I understand it would remove some of the tension as well. Having to go through the extra steps to translate seems to add that off-balance tension that is a part of the Happy scenes.
....the wiki has translations for all of those scenes, you just have to click to expand the tab the translations are on.

This doesn't help when an update comes out, as there's lag between the time the content comes out and the wiki updates, but for older content/replays, the heavy lifting is already done.
I never said don't put them in walkthroughs, what I said is I will not just give away information. What I WILL do is point people in the right direction so as to continue allowing them to try for themselves and maintain the ability to experience the game as it is meant to be. Walkthroughs also allow this, but spoonfeeding, which is what I said I would not do, gives the player the ability to skip entire sections where the spoonfed information resides and that I will not enable.

I have to admit I have no idea what those non-English sections, except the hex parts because I can translate that to a degree, are saying without the wiki or other outside sources, but luckily they have yet to contain anything that would get me stuck. That Japanese, though, is a bit of a problem since I'm still a beginner at reading it. I am much better with spoken Japanese and might stand a better chance if it was in the audio, but I'll just run it through Translate or another translation program and then piece together the broken English, which again, I am capable of to a much greater capacity than written Japanese.

Also, this game is making me sad as hell. Hopefully some more cheerful things happen soon or I may need to stop playing.
It won't.
Azraelith is correct, if you are looking for truly happy things in a Denpa game, you are in the wrong place. At best, the purity routes a couple years from now MIGHT give us something that is more cheerful, but even those have an almost 0% chance of being truly happy. They may end up just being dark to a lesser extent.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnHunk

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
Hey, I haven't played this game in a while. Does it still suffer the dependency issue where you have to constantly consult the wiki to figure out what events you are missing?

JJRobbie

Feb 1, 2021
Any games with similar art style, preferably one with a happier/lighter setting? This game is good but I need something happier after finishing this.

Reactions: crustlord12

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Hey, I haven't played this game in a while. Does it still suffer the dependency issue where you have to constantly consult the wiki to figure out what events you are missing?
... this has been a long while... it has multiple event windows where the text of the event changes colors if you completed it or not or if its a certain type of event, such as blue for phone call events, pink for lust events. there is a character event window and a main story window. It does not tell you how to get said events if that is what you are asking though.

Oppai_King

Jan 26, 2018
Hey guys the last time I played was during version 18 part 2 and now its on 19 part 2 and there's a lot of new content but i dont really want to restart the 20+ hours I already have! Can I transfer my old save into the new updated version? or will that not work/break things in the game?

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Any games with similar art style, preferably one with a happier/lighter setting? This game is good but I need something happier after finishing this.
Try out of touch. The game is good and arguably features even better soundtrack then LiL.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Out of Touch is by no means good, nor light hearted my dude. The girl that rapes you treats you like total shit after you return home from being exiled, for being accused of raping the girl that raped you, by your mom, who's a total bitch. It's literal drama. I don't see how that's "Happier" than this.

Also, Chad Thundercock is your dad.... So if that's your premise of good, idk...
I can tell that you played 20-30 min of it and then dropped.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Hey guys the last time I played was during version 18 part 2 and now its on 19 part 2 and there's a lot of new content but i dont really want to restart the 20+ hours I already have! Can I transfer my old save into the new updated version? or will that not work/break things in the game?
As far as I know, old saves have always been compatible with new versions :)

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
It actually never had that dependency, I don't use the wiki or any other source for game assistance without a time crunch in real life, just to translate things that aren't English like the little bits of Japanese text. If you read carefully ALL the text in game and level each girl, both main and side, as equally as possible in ALL stats, you don't run into issues with not being able to trigger an event unless it bugs out, in which case you just have to post your save and someone will take a look. In the case that you do the above and it doesn't bug out, you should be seeing every event without issue, though watch out for going too far with the stats or you'll turn the game into a non-interactive slideshow for several events as you have met the requirements for multiple in that case, which could lead to missing events in cases like the original beach event, where you had to avoid doing a specific event until the beach event was over and having high enough affection on the girl with the event you needed to avoid could force you into it in a way.

There's a few out there, kind of wish there was a tag for the use of Koikatsu as the graphics engine now. The developer of it isn't a native English speaker, so you might see mistakes there and could face trouble depending on how well you can piece together his writing when there's something not quite right, but Winds of The Destiny was pretty decent when I tried it last. At least, I'm pretty sure it uses the same graphics, though obviously not the same character models.

I believe it is referred to that way because the developer made it specifically in response to the Denpa aspect of this game to give people who don't like it an alternative.

I actually don't mind Out of Touch, it's also decent, but you are in for a surprise if you prefer to be the one on top and I don't mean physically. Also if you prefer not to be raped since, yeah, that's a thing that happens in game. It definitely isn't lighthearted, but I would definitely not put it as far away from being lighthearted as I would this game.

I can't really make much of a judgement between the two on music since they both use royalty free stuff or stuff they specifically got permission for that existed before the games did as far as I can tell. I'm a sucker for original soundtracks, so I'm kind of biased against the use of existing music of any kind.

Yes, I don't remember any point where old saves weren't compatible.

That is true, but that's still technically answered by Lolicon Kami and I since old saves do work in both cases even with any extra steps for getting the Android version to work. The Android version is really just the Windows version being played via Joiplay at this point. Remember, the game is getting to the point where an actual APK is becoming less and less possible since Android hates huge APKs.
I can never enjoy OoT because the frigging Unity engine. The game can literally be made in Renpy with less effort overall, and OoT does not even have anything that might require more than average processing power(which is the reason Unity is usually used over Renpy). Its essentially a Renpy game running on an unoptimized implementation of Unity

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I can never enjoy OoT because the frigging Unity engine. The game can literally be made in Renpy with less effort overall, and OoT does not even have anything that might require more than average processing power(which is the reason Unity is usually used over Renpy). Its essentially a Renpy game running on an unoptimized implementation of Unity
Yeah, that's literally my one complaint because that usually means that things that can be done in Renpy can't be done in OoT because it isn't a Renpy game, things like pulling up the console to cheat, which I often do in time restricted Renpy games where I am almost guaranteed to not have enough of something by the end of the time allotted. I never got why people use Unity for VNs when Unity, while versatile, is really meant for things like real time RPGs and other genres where you actually get to move and do other things in real time, not VNs. Renpy is a MUCH better VN engine while Unity is more like a less intensive Unreal Engine.

Last edited:

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Just... like me and alex2011 Have said, despite
barglenarglezous' proclamation, Out of touch isn't lighthearted at all. Nor is it really anything like Lessons in Love. There's some not so great stuff that happens in it.

I can't help you with what you're looking for, maybe School of love: clubs? But there's really not too many "lighthearted" vns unfortunately.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Just... like me and alex2011 Have said, despite JJRobbie's proclamation, Out of touch isn't lighthearted at all. Nor is it really anything like Lessons in Love. There's some not so great stuff that happens in it.

I can't help you with what you're looking for, maybe School of love: clubs? But there's really not too many "lighthearted" vns unfortunately.
Definitely a different kind of dark than LiL. I would say Winds of The Destiny is probably as lighthearted as it gets with VNs created using Koikatsu. I could definitely suggest other lighthearted VNs, some that are more lighthearted than anything suggested, but none of them are Koikatsu based. Most are in one of Illusion's more photo realistic style games like Honey Select, Honey Select 2, or Sexy Beach Premium Resort.

JJRobbie if you're fine with that, I could suggest Glassix, which has more of a sandbox play style to it and is made using the third of those three photo realistic games I listed. There's also Harem Hotel, which has pretty good writing, is more of a VN like this, and is much more lighthearted, this one uses the original Honey Select.

Reactions: JJRobbie

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
No, it was a good like, 2 hours at least.
Got to them actually reuniting, searching while they're out shoplifting, etc.
So you only got through the portion that was originally done in Renpy before they converted.

Later chapters of the game got a little more ambitious and moved beyond what Renpy could do well, which necessitated a move to a custom Unity engine.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So you only got through the portion that was originally done in Renpy before they converted.

Later chapters of the game got a little more ambitious and moved beyond what Renpy could do well, which necessitated a move to a custom Unity engine.
I see, I haven't played it for some time and, in fact, I think the tab in my browser is still marked as the original Renpy engine version since I still need to refresh it after my last forced restart because, you know, Windows 10. I haven't played in a while and it was in Renpy the last time I did. The only reason I even know it converted is comments. It is unfortunate they couldn't do what they wanted in Renpy.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes