niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
I actually wasn't sure if they would given the very beginning seems to play it off as if the MC isn't actually Ami's uncle, but someone else inhabiting his body. IT isn't until later in the game that the potential for this to just be a different version or side of her uncle is explored and Patreon isn't known for diving deep into games that potentially violate their ToS even when reported by a user.

Honestly, I am beginning to suspect we have a mole or a troll, someone with some sort of motive to report the game. There have been plenty of things that have been shot down entirely, like eliminating the 'happy' scenes or making them skippable because they are too much for some or adding text support for the audio cue in "There Is Nothing," though those are only examples, I don't suspect specific people I have seen complain about those things in particular.
I also thought that, given how the game begins, this one might be spared the trouble. But then again, patreon is full of shit so it really was a matter of time before they did something. I just hope he can sort it out.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
He should just turn the SFW version into a gigantic parody/riff of the game and censorship in general, then a..."fan" (Ami with a moustache) puts up the uncensored patch in an offsite somewhere (SubscribeStar or Itch.io) so we can all play it.

If there's one thing i hate about these sites is the feeling of arbitrariness, the application of the rules seems to change depending on the work and the attention something brings towards itself, i would prefer if these sites had strict rules regarding what is and isn't acceptable rather than this grey area where someone just pulls the rug out from under you.

And it's not just about the credit card companies, Patreon (and others) have a tendency to just make up shit on the spot, the "Lolita" example is a great one but there are others.

I'd take this as a wake up call and start diversifying the ways the money would make it's way to me ASAP, when a site starts doing this (and Patreon's been at it for a while) it's only a matter of time before they start outright banning NSFW content (aside from maybe some art pieces or shit like that).
Genius,, the parody of the game part. He could even take direct shots at Patreon in it, might be a good stress reliever considering what they put him through.

On sites like Patreon, the actual wording of the rules doesn't matter, those are just guidelines. The admins there can do what they want with impunity, including banning works that try to skirt the rules by using sites outside of Patreon jurisdiction. In reality, unlike what Patreon thinks, what they put in the ToS is supposed to be what they enforce, no more, no less. This thing with punishing users that try to offer an uncensored version is bad form that technically shouldn't even be allowed since they technically have no right to tell a user what can and cannot go on a site they do not own. I have been waiting for the day Patreon just outright bans NSFW entirely, I saw that coming eventually the moment they started purging content. Let the mass exodus and downfall of Patreon begin since that's exactly what they risk in doing that.

No, Patreon isn't making the credit card/payment processor thing up, that's true. DLSite is banned from using PayPal directly for purchases because they allow rule 7 type content, that's F95 rule 7. You actually have to buy points to use on DLSite if you want to use PayPal to keep some level of security. VISA is also pushing for not allowing such content to be bought with their cards. This is because some countries don't have the ability to differentiate fake drawings of childlike characters from real children and similar issues with other banned content, these countries have laws against this kind of content and these are countries that provide business for companies like PayPal or VISA.

Well, on the plus side of there having to be two versions-

the uncensored version can now go as 'far' as Selebus could possibly want it to.
As long as Patreon's enforcers don't find out, yes. We're going to have to keep that quiet assuming he makes such a thing. ;)

I also thought that, given how the game begins, this one might be spared the trouble. But then again, patreon is full of shit so it really was a matter of time before they did something. I just hope he can sort it out.
I have no doubt he can and there are clear paths forward, the key is HOW he does it. Unfortunately, the real clear paths are submission to Patreon demands or outright quitting Patreon, only the first of which is feasible at this time, which is the one I cannot bring myself to support because I see it as encouraging this to happen again later. That said, I still have faith Selebus won't take that path, which is why I didn't immediately jump ship, shooting myself in the foot because I am supporting at a legacy tier, a tier whose benefits I maintain only because I haven't stopped supporting at that tier since it no longer exists for new subscribers to sign up to or for existing ones to move to. If I discontinue support without thoroughly investigating the results of this issue, I will lose my benefits and cannot get them back even if I resume support, so I have to be very careful here.

Jan 16, 2019
I'm ignorant about these things, but I've always hated patreon because patreon prevents me from paying. I hope Celebus can handle this without problems and I can keep swearing at patreon.also can anyone explain why patreon is acting like a bitch? incest or young looking girls ? why are these so important fck patreon.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'm ignorant about these things, but I've always hated patreon because patreon prevents me from paying. I hope Celebus can handle this without problems and I can keep swearing at patreon.also can anyone explain why patreon is acting like a bitch? incest or young looking girls ? why are these so important fck patreon.
incest or young looking girls ?
Both

why are these so important
Because they are subject to what the credit card companies, like VISA, and payment processors, like PayPal, will allow. Some countries have laws against even underage pixels on a screen, in other words any character who looks underage is considered underage and is 'protected' as if they were real, which is a bunch of nonsense because pixels can't get hurt, and romantic and/or sexual relations with family, in other words any character that is having sex with or is in a relationship with a related character beyond the family relationship is not allowed, even if the character is entirely nonexistent.

These countries' goverments live in a delusion where fake characters on a screen are real people, or so it seems.

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
I have no doubt he can and there are clear paths forward, the key is HOW he does it. Unfortunately, the real clear paths are submission to Patreon demands or outright quitting Patreon, only the first of which is feasible at this time, which is the one I cannot bring myself to support because I see it as encouraging this to happen again later. That said, I still have faith Selebus won't take that path, which is why I didn't immediately jump ship, shooting myself in the foot because I am supporting at a legacy tier, a tier whose benefits I maintain only because I haven't stopped supporting at that tier since it no longer exists for new subscribers to sign up to or for existing ones to move to. If I discontinue support without thoroughly investigating the results of this issue, I will lose my benefits and cannot get them back even if I resume support, so I have to be very careful here.
Nah, discontinuing your support just to move to another platform is not worth it to be honest. The whole point about supporting selebus is, well, supporting him. And I think it's fair to say that he will keep delivering just as he has so far, so it's not really worth it to stop it just to "fight" patreon policies. Many other patreon creators have moved to different while leaving patreon with a version which fits patreon policies and another version somewhere else. Even if not there will be a patch or something. Like I said (or maybe not, but I say it now), I have faith in selebus :p

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Nah, discontinuing your support just to move to another platform is not worth it to be honest. The whole point about supporting selebus is, well, supporting him. And I think it's fair to say that he will keep delivering just as he has so far, so it's not really worth it to stop it just to "fight" patreon policies. Many other patreon creators have moved to different while leaving patreon with a version which fits patreon policies and another version somewhere else. Even if not there will be a patch or something. Like I said (or maybe not, but I say it now), I have faith in selebus :p
Oh no, I didn't mean discontinuing to move to another platform, though that is the best option in the long run for people who wish to continue supporting and just want to distance themselves from Patreon. That's why I chose SubscribeStar when I first signed up, I was already fed up with Patreon.

What I meant by discontinuing support is that I have a strict policy in situations where a developer submits to Patreon's or a player's demands that, if they do, I stop and move on as they have lost my faith. My faith in Selebus, that he will find a way to keep the original game going, is what kept me from doing this immediately when Patreon struck him.

That said, even Selebus is not immune to my policy and it all depends on how he gets through this mess. IF he does what Patreon says without some way to restore the game in his plans somewhere, I am out. However, IF he does find a way, my support continues. I just can't support games below a certain standard for monetary reasons. If I could lower my standards, I would have A LOT more games I know of that would then be eligible for support, but I can't because my budget says no.

The most obvious path forward means the game stops developing as it is and becomes a shadow of its former self that no longer meets my quality standards, that path being submitting to Patreon and wiping all references to underage characters and incest.

The second most obvious, and the least feasible, is him moving everything off of Patreon all at once in the near future, which is only feasible if the majority of his patrons, which are on Patreon, move to SubscribeStar, something I strongly urge them to do.

Then there are the less obvious paths, all of which include things that I probably shouldn't say out loud in case Patreon is snooping as usual.

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Oh no, I didn't mean discontinuing to move to another platform, though that is the best option in the long run for people who wish to continue supporting and just want to distance themselves from Patreon. That's why I chose SubscribeStar when I first signed up, I was already fed up with Patreon.

What I meant by discontinuing support is that I have a strict policy in situations where a developer submits to Patreon's or a player's demands that, if they do, I stop and move on as they have lost my faith. My faith in Selebus, that he will find a way to keep the original game going, is what kept me from doing this immediately when Patreon struck him.

That said, even Selebus is not immune to my policy and it all depends on how he gets through this mess. IF he does what Patreon says without some way to restore the game in his plans somewhere, I am out. However, IF he does find a way, my support continues. I just can't support games below a certain standard for monetary reasons. If I could lower my standards, I would have A LOT more games I know of that would then be eligible for support, but I can't because my budget says no.

The most obvious path forward means the game stops developing as it is and becomes a shadow of its former self that no longer meets my quality standards, that path being submitting to Patreon and wiping all references to underage characters and incest.

The second most obvious, and the least feasible, is him moving everything off of Patreon all at once in the near future, which is only feasible if the majority of his patrons, which are on Patreon, move to SubscribeStar, something I strongly urge them to do.

Then there are the less obvious paths, all of which include things that I probably shouldn't say out loud in case Patreon is snooping as usual.
I see. I don't think the Selebus has much of a choice in the matter regarding patreon policies, at the end of the day their word is law. However I still believe the game won't change much one way or another so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Sad
Reactions: alex2011
Jan 16, 2019
Both

Because they are subject to what the credit card companies, like VISA, and payment processors, like PayPal, will allow. Some countries have laws against even underage pixels on a screen, in other words any character who looks underage is considered underage and is 'protected' as if they were real, which is a bunch of nonsense because pixels can't get hurt, and romantic and/or sexual relations with family, in other words any character that is having sex with or is in a relationship with a related character beyond the family relationship is not allowed, even if the character is entirely nonexistent.

These countries' goverments live in a delusion where fake characters on a screen are real people, or so it seems.
We are killing humans in games and this is problem ? Funny .killing humans ok but sex is not ? I dont understand that logic .Killing even worse than rape and incest ,atleast to me. Also They ok with yuri but not incest ? Incest and Yuri is same in logic .you cant stop them if they're Adult .well ami is not adult but incest isnt that bad in games.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
It's a shitty situation, but I'm trying to make the most of it and have some fun in the process. Patreon's community guidelines specifically cite Nabokov's "Lolita" as acceptable content and they've already contradicted that by informing me there can't be any dialogue relating to sex with "young looking girls." My initial proposal was just deleting all of the NSFW art and keeping the dialogue from later scenes in and they said that wouldn't suffice, so...here we are. A brand new hugging, ghost fighting, Monopoly playing simulator from the developer of Lessons in Love.
If i were you i'd press them exactly on this point, how is it that "Lolita" is acceptable content but much tamer dialogue from your game isn't?

Patreon has been know to back off at times when creators start asking these questions.

• Red Heart

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
If i were you i'd press them exactly on this point, how is it that "Lolita" is acceptable content but much tamer dialogue from your game isn't?

Patreon has been know to back off at times when creators start asking these questions.
I'll also add, consult with a lawyer. If Patreon isn't keeping their end of the terms of service, there may be legal recourse.

• Red Heart
Jul 11, 2019
We are killing humans in games and this is problem ? Funny .killing humans ok but sex is not ? I dont understand that logic .Killing even worse than rape and incest ,atleast to me. Also They ok with yuri but not incest ? Incest and Yuri is same in logic .you cant stop them if they're Adult .well ami is not adult but incest isnt that bad in games.
We live in a society.
One where killing a single animal is much worse than a serial killer who has way too much fun with homicide.
Remember back in YandereDev's Video, where Ayane (the main protagonist) is hinted to have killed a small animal, and people just lost it. Because who cares that the premise of the game was eliminating your rivals (usually gruesomely), we want doggo.

This is Subeles. I have taken over the 18+ version of Lessons in Love. I am not Selebus. Selebus only makes the all-ages version. We are totally different people.
Must be true. Subeles has a different profile picture and name from Selebus.
Wait, where'd he go anyway? Could have sworn I saw him not too long ago.

If you think Subeles and Selebus are the same, then you probably think Superman is Clark Kent and Batman is Bruce Wayne.
Pfft, you've got to be blind to not see the different spelling.

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
This game now has 100% less Legend of Dragoon references. I am appalled and will be pulling my support immediately. Good day sir/ma'am/eldritch horror.

• Haha

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I'm pretty sure that on discord announcements, Selebus mentioned that there will be a "restoration patch" that you'll be able to use on the patreon version, and the subscribestar version will be purely uncensored.

So basically the patreon version's gonna be censored as heck but you can undo all that damage if you take 5 minutes or so to apply the restoration patch :)

And by the way, it seems like a fan of selebus, who goes by the username Subeles, will be uploading the restoration patch from now on :)

Which is also great since I've had tons of people who don't like sexual content ask me about a version without any and I can finally give them one.

It's a shitty situation, but I'm trying to make the most of it and have some fun in the process. Patreon's community guidelines specifically cite Nabokov's "Lolita" as acceptable content and they've already contradicted that by informing me there can't be any dialogue relating to sex with "young looking girls." My initial proposal was just deleting all of the NSFW art and keeping the dialogue from later scenes in and they said that wouldn't suffice, so...here we are. A brand new hugging, ghost fighting, Monopoly playing simulator from the developer of Lessons in Love.
1) Patreon seems to discriminate against asian-influenced work, so that's probably why Nabokov's "Lolita" is fine. A novel made by a white person is good, but a game made using Koikatsu (which was made by asian people), is tainted by yellow people ideology so its bad. (And this is coming from a half japanese person)

2) You keep on using the pronoun I, but I assume you mean @Selebus? Because Subeles is just an innocent fan helping the real creator, right? ;)

3) The censored version actually is great cause now I can play LiL when I'm in a plane or when my roommate comes back :) Also I can finally tell my parents why I've been inspired to write again as of lately >_<

Praise be!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Oct 16, 2021
hey all i have some dificulty to get wakanas soup or another year with you. It says call her at evening and well... it must be weekend i think, since what i have noticed some events or ones that has second running automatically after them seem to be usually made for saturday or weekends.

Not sure if you are limited to one at time like kaoris last two events that run back to back sad girls special and clouds. It was saturday and day 400+ i tried to call wakana at that same night but...not get the soup or another year with you event start. Maybe affection need to be specific lvl like 10 0r 15 with wakana not sure. that is another thing that come to mind.

only floating for ever unfilled event is missing of requirements in good morning main event, so yeaah XD.

If anyone has advices what i might be missing i really appriciate the help :) usually it is just something that i have missed and wikiguide helps or the forum here but now i am actually hit the wall XD ( Actually has energy drink or two in freezer since they are gamers best friends ;))

like i said it just might be something minor i missed like doing event requirements in certain order or some char events visiting dorms etc :) eventually figuring it out :)
I too am stuck here. Has anyone discovered the fix?

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I'm pretty sure that on discord announcements, Selebus mentioned that there will be a "restoration patch" that you'll be able to use on the patreon version, and the subscribestar version will be purely uncensored.

So basically the patreon version's gonna be censored as heck but you can undo all that damage if you take 5 minutes or so to apply the restoration patch :)

And by the way, it seems like a fan of selebus, who goes by the username Subeles, will be uploading the restoration patch from now on :)
I know you guys are on discord more often so i wanna ask if it's in any way clear how we're gonna deal with Sensei's dialogue, Patreon says there can't be any dialogue related to sex with "young looking girls", but that's about 60% of Sensei's shtick (double-entendres, straight-up sex talk with the girls, etc...) outside of sex scenes.

Does that mean we're getting different scripts altogether (or at the very least, a couple dozen lines apiece)?

Just removing the sex scenes seems like the easiest part here tbh :unsure:

Last edited:

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I know you guys are on discord more often so i wanna ask if it's in any way clear how we're gonna deal with Sensei's dialogue, Patreon says there can't be any dialogue related to sex with "young looking girls", but that's about 60% of Sensei's shtick (double-entendres, straight-up sex talk with the girls, etc...) outside of sex scenes.

Does that mean we're getting different scripts altogether (or at the very least, a couple dozen lines apiece)?

Just removing the sex scenes seems like the easiest part here tbh :unsure:
Selebus is probably gonna replace entire character events where sex talk is present with a one-to-two-liner sarcasam.

But, a fan patch will be available on the to undo all the damage, for patreons and non-patreons alike. The wiki's so popular now that a quick google search "Lessons in Love Wiki" will have the wiki pop up :)

On top of that, I assume the subscribestar version will be completely uncensored and released to the public two weeks after patreons get it.

TLDR: Don't worry, uncensored version's always gonna be on subscribestar for free. I will post public uncensored versions on this site :) For the patreons out there who support selebus, a patch will apparently be available on the wiki :)

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Selebus is probably gonna replace entire character events where sex talk is present with a one-to-two-liner sarcasam.

TLDR: Don't worry, uncensored version's always gonna be on subscribestar for free. I will post public uncensored versions on this site :) For the patreons out there who support selebus, a patch will apparently be available on the wiki :)
I'm assuming that the sex scenes will still be present in the uncensored version right? Selebus is not just doing away with them altogether?

They're not necessarily fap worthy (aside from occasional moments of awoo~), but they're such a core element of the game that it'd honestly be crippled if they were removed entirely.

Edit: I'm glad the wiki will be given a new breath of air, hopefully it will be developed further.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I'm assuming that the sex scenes will still be present in the uncensored version right? Selebus is not just doing away with them altogether?

They're not necessarily fap worthy (aside from occasional moments of awoo~), but they're such a core element of the game that it'd honestly be crippled if they were removed entirely.

Edit: I'm glad the wiki will be given a new breath of air, hopefully it will be developed further.
Don't worry :) Nothing will be altered in the uncensored version. And going forward, uncensored LiL will also roll along with the same pace, quality, and type of content as before (discord info)

And hell, as far as I know, sex scenes will be even more liberal in the past because they'll be posted on third-party platforms (technically unaffiliated with Selebus) and thus not bound by any platform rules. In makes me kinda uncomfortable, but I think that now any character can potentially get a lewd scene (including Chinami and Tsukasa (spoiled rich brat's little sister), though those kinds of sex ain't my thing ).

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes