alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Nope, not showing "End Replay" at all. I can still press ESC and use the side-menu to go to main/side girls and replay scene's and such. Funny enough, when I replay a scene I get the full menu in the bottom window... but if I end scene and go back to where I was, no menu again.

I guess I'll try deleting everything but the saves and re-extracting the full game and hoping it works, but I somehow doubt it.

Ah wells, guess it's back to the start of the game I'll be going. Now maybe I'll just hold off for a few months till the re-work is done.... either that or I'll play "guess" with things.

I've been using the bottom menu to spot stuff I'm repeating - ie if I saw the "skip" option I'd back up and go with a different thing till I found something new. Guess I'll now have to rely on visual queue's to work out if it's new or old.

Thank you both for replying, even if it's bad news. lol
If it does happen to be an issue that can't be fixed without a restart, at least you get to go back and see the older content again. Honestly, I've been looking for an excuse to do that since I can't bring myself to reverse all my progress without reason.

nyatd

Creator Of Falling Stars
Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
I got a weird bug with LiL, and think I might have completely wiped all my progress and be forced to restart due to my own stupidity.

I'm not up to the current stuff yet, have been slowly working my way there. I'm in Winter right now. Was just checking Main & Side girls status, how many love/lust points they had, checking how many scenes showing (seen or unseen) in their profiles, etc when I clicked on Maki's "Scene" menu... and hit a traceback error.

I foolishly did the rollback, got out of there and went back to playing... saved over my previous save (big mistake).... and only then noticed: I do not have the menu options at the bottom - ie History, skip, Auto, etc. Tried reloading my save.... same issue. Closed LiL and re-opened it, still same issue.

So I'm just wondering - am I completely boned and going to have to restart? Or is there a fix to this?

Note: Gallery Mod, Cheat codes, etc not used/installed.

Here's the traceback I got:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I actually had something pretty much identical happen to me. It turned out that I had applied the update patch to an old version of the game by mistake. Is that a possibility in your case?

Reactions: alex2011

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
I think that's a known issue.
Quoting a post from Patreon:
Opening Maki's replay screen or inviting her over after her events are complete may result in a crash. This error can be fixed by placing THIS FILE in your "game" folder and overwriting the old definitions.rpy
Could you try out the proposed solution and see if that helps?

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
If it does happen to be an issue that can't be fixed without a restart, at least you get to go back and see the older content again. Honestly, I've been looking for an excuse to do that since I can't bring myself to reverse all my progress without reason.
Well, looks like it's a problem that can't be fixed. So I guess I'll eventually be restarting, just so I don't have to constantly press ESC so I can check the event tracker, main/side girls, etc. Also due to the save now being bugged... who knows what other issues/bugs will happen due to it.

If/when I restart will be in a few months though, no point in doing it now prior to the revamp happening IMO. So I'kll just push on with my bugged save and see how far it lets me go. lol

I actually had something pretty much identical happen to me. It turned out that I had applied the update patch to an old version of the game by mistake. Is that a possibility in your case?
I've been using the "Update Only" download for quite a few versions now. I tend to just have 1 copy of the game, so it was always the latest version... and LiL is one of the few games I have always downloaded the update for as soon as it's available, even though I'm not at the end / current content. So I'm pretty sure this wasn't it.

I'd say it was the known issue that PastryIRL mentioned that was on the Patreon... that borked my save as I was silly and saved when bugged.

I think that's a known issue.
Could you try out the proposed solution and see if that helps?
I completely re-downloaded the game, no change, then applied the fix from the Patreon... still borked.

Thank you all for the replies, suggestions and such. Appreciate it. I still feel grrr at myself, but that's life. LOL

OrangeJustice

May 28, 2018
Hello i like to share what i found this is the unofficial port for android lesson in love 0.21. It may not work on some devices

Credits to the owner.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Is using an unofficial port or whatever really that much better than using JoiPlay? I've had no issues with JoiPlay

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is using an unofficial port or whatever really that much better than using JoiPlay? I've had no issues with JoiPlay
Not really, actually, Joiplay may be better considering the risks taken with unofficial ports for bugs. These risks are why most unofficial ports on here come with a warning about them. That said, I don't play the Android versions of any game since I see no point in most of them, especially Renpy VNs.

spam24601

Nov 14, 2017
This is just celebrating corporate censorship and even making it sound as if Selebus' writing abilities may be judged in how enthusiastically he complies with it. I would instead hope that not one letter or one dot of anything he desired to write in this game or any following one will be compromised.

NumbChucker

Aug 26, 2021
This is just celebrating corporate censorship and even making it sound as if Selebus' writing abilities may be judged in how enthusiastically he complies with it. I would instead hope that not one letter or one dot of anything he desired to write in this game or any following one will be compromised.
He has no intention of changing the actual game. Just the version uploaded to Patreon will be a saw version which he is well on the way to completing by the 22nd and delaying the next proper update to the 1st.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Not in how enthusiastically he complies, but in how well he responds otherwise. We already know based on his plans for the Patreon rework that he is far from enthusiastic about complying, in fact, it almost sounds like he plans to turn this into something that takes occasional shots at Patreon because they did this to him. There is nothing to worry about at this time in regards to him willingly demolishing his game on the whims of Patreon.

As for the Patreon version itself, if not one letter or one dot is compromised, Patreon will simply shut him down. This was not a suggestion to remove any underage or incestuous leanings, it was an ultimatum. The only decision he has in the matter is how he handles the rework within Patreon orders.

He has no intention of changing the actual game. Just the version uploaded to Patreon will be a saw version which he is well on the way to completing by the 22nd and delaying the next proper update to the 1st.
At least, for as long as Patreon doesn't catch wind that another version is available off site even though Subeles is handling that one instead specifically to avoid the issue. I would love to see them try to justify striking a developer for the work of an entirely different person, they would never hear the end of it and they might start a mass exodus if word gets around to their entire user base.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
On Patreon, Selebus announced that the censored version will be out on 12/23, and the next "real" update will be out for patrons on 1/15, one month after its originally-scheduled release.

It sucks that we're losing a month to this, but given how Selebus makes >90% of his income from Patreon, telling them to fuck off wasn't really a viable option. Ah well.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I would love to see them try to justify striking a developer for the work of an entirely different person, they would never hear the end of it and they might start a mass exodus if word gets around to their entire user base.
I believe they've been doing this for years, actually. Even banning accounts for associating with wrong kind of people with wrong kind of politics.
This bullshit is part of the reason I despise them so much and would never give them my money. I swear to god, if I were a benevolent dictator, I would've lined responsible people up against the wall communist style and the world would have been a better place for it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
On Patreon, Selebus announced that the censored version will be out on 12/23, and the next "real" update will be out for patrons on 1/15, one month after its originally-scheduled release.

It sucks that we're losing a month to this, but given how Selebus makes >90% of his income from Patreon, telling them to fuck off wasn't really a viable option. Ah well.
Yep, that's the problem, at least until enough of the player base switches IF they do.

I believe they've been doing this for years, actually. Even banning accounts for associating with wrong kind of people with wrong kind of politics.
This bullshit is part of the reason I despise them so much and would never give them my money. I swear to god, if I were a benevolent dictator, I would've lined responsible people up against the wall communist style and the world would have been a better place for it.
They literally can't, first of all that's a lawsuit waiting to happen because of monetary damage and potentially even defamation with zero evidence and second that would send their users on a mass exodus because that means that Patreon can literally say without pretense that they don't like something, as in they just say point blank that they don't like it as opposed to it being something they don't stand for on principle, and use that as grounds to terminate a project.

The association bans would also be political discrimination, again, a lawsuit waiting to happen. If there is one thing big companies fear, it is a lawsuit that actually has traction and the last thing they want to do is give it that traction through their own actions.

What they have done is terminate accounts for issuing a patch that they did eventually connect to the original creator or for offering a separate version on another platform, both shady practices that make pirates look almost angelic in comparison, but one thing I have never seen them do is issue a termination based on an entirely different person issuing a workaround with no way to connect the person to the developer. They have zero connection to the other person and even the developer can't simply tell the person to stop because it is entirely that person's decision, unlike if the person was directly editing the content, in which case it is messing with the developer's work itself and not just adding to it with external files.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
They literally can't, first of all that's a lawsuit waiting to happen because of monetary damage and potentially even defamation with zero evidence and second that would send their users on a mass exodus because that means that Patreon can literally say without pretense that they don't like something, as in they just say point blank that they don't like it as opposed to it being something they don't stand for on principle, and use that as grounds to terminate a project.

The association bans would also be political discrimination, again, a lawsuit waiting to happen. If there is one thing big companies fear, it is a lawsuit that actually has traction and the last thing they want to do is give it that traction through their own actions.

What they have done is terminate accounts for issuing a patch that they did eventually connect to the original creator or for offering a separate version on another platform, both shady practices that make pirates look almost angelic in comparison, but one thing I have never seen them do is issue a termination based on an entirely different person issuing a workaround with no way to connect the person to the developer. They have zero connection to the other person and even the developer can't simply tell the person to stop because it is entirely that person's decision, unlike if the person was directly editing the content, in which case it is messing with the developer's work itself and not just adding to it with external files.
They've been doing it in comics crowdfunding.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
We are killing humans in games and this is problem ? Funny .killing humans ok but sex is not ? I dont understand that logic .Killing even worse than rape and incest ,atleast to me. Also They ok with yuri but not incest ? Incest and Yuri is same in logic .you cant stop them if they're Adult .well ami is not adult but incest isnt that bad in games.
1) I don't think comparing consensual homosexual relationships to incest (even between adults) is realistic.
2) Whether or not you like it, the world sees these things pretty differently. For most of us, if our employers caught wind of us reading VNs with the content this one has, we'd most likely lose our jobs. The stuff in this one in particular can be quite taboo, and no one actually believes "indeterminate age" means these characters are biologically and legally adults.

Realistically we know Sel isn't fooling anyone. Question is how much will patreon really care. Probably the plausible deniability is enough for them to keep that monthly 10k coming in.

Reactions: crustlord12

ansc

Jan 16, 2018
Alex, all the big tech companies, Patreon included, absolutely will and have banned ppl for politics and ideology and otherwise been the biggest pieces of shit imagineable.
But that's an OT rabbit hole.

Sel doesn't have anything to worry about in that regard, methinks.

In general:
It is absolutely shocking that it took Patreon this long.
I mean, don't you play for less than 20 minutes before Dream Ami fucks you?
And, the same thing happened with Harem Hotel a long time ago because of Ashley's character model and several of the girls are just straight up in that same ballpark.

Anyway, fuck Patreon but there is no reason to think they have anything out for Sel.

If anything, its probably the opposite for things to have been so placid for so long.

The only future threat to the game ala Patreon after the creation of the new version would be if a rising antagonism draws more of their attention.

I would love that from an aesthetic perspective but materially it could end very detrimentally for Sel and his mysterious partner Subeles
(the brains behind LIL, imo)

In any case I'm here for what the game has to say.
Shitting on Patreon sounds great.
Focusing on the game itself also sounds great.

So all, in all, its really just lost time unless future drama bubbles up.

Reactions: crustlord12

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
And, the same thing happened with Harem Hotel a long time ago because of Ashley's character model and several of the girls are just straight up in that same ballpark.
I know my eye for detail isn't always that great, but in order for Runey to be compliant, wasn't the only change to her model the schoolgirl outfit getting replaced? She's still tiny and flat-chested. I remember being shocked that had to be the only change.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes