moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Evidence, please? I've been following this game since Selebus released the 0.8.0 Public Release, and I do not recollect anywhere that says the girls are first year highschoolers :)
Same, I do remember explicitly seeing high school mentioned, but being first years is new to me unless I am forgetting early details again.
1639273742631.png 1639273777599.png 1639273813109.png 1639273886453.png
1639273929715.png
This isn't early content, all of these but the Miku quote are from chapter 2, and her quote is from right before chapter 2.

kopareigns

Nov 25, 2017
Anyone happen to have a mirror for the v0.19.0 part 1 update patch? Forgot to grab it when it was in the OP a couple months back, and the public links on patreon have all been deleted while the dev sorts out the mess. Would prefer to not have to download the entire game if possible.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
This isn't early content, all of these but the Miku quote are from chapter 2, and her quote is from right before chapter 2.
Wow! You were right. Sorry for doubting ;)

Selebus should just replace "high school" with "school" and that'll take care of this mess :)

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
We do have to be careful of any potential connection between Selebus and Subeles, that could be deadly to the project as repeat offenses don't get another chance. They probably wouldn't even say anything, Selebus could just wake up one day to find his biggest source of funding gone.
I mean if that's truly a concern, then he should have done more to obfuscate the connection. Hell, even the subscribestar URL for LiL is still

Jan 16, 2019
does this thing is still work ? because i cant find any scenes xd i was bored and wanted to see some cute yumi scenes then i realized that xD

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
View attachment 1540925 View attachment 1540927 View attachment 1540929 View attachment 1540931
View attachment 1540934
Yep, need to go back and replay events, confirmed.

Wow! You were right. Sorry for doubting ;)

Selebus should just replace "high school" with "school" and that'll take care of this mess :)
No, no it will not. It certainly doesn't help, but Patreon won't see any difference. They see short girls with a small to flat chest, they strike it, even worse if there is a school uniform involved that is often assocaited with school levels that serve underage girls. Harem Hotel had a girl blatantly in college who was nearly flat and was wearing a school uniform, the only real difference between that incident and this one is that they gave Runey, maker of Harem Hotel, the alternative to just remove the uniform and make it more casual, which does work for Harem Hotel. In this case, it is going to take quite a bit more than a simple change from uniforms.

It might be a temporary fix, but given the heights of some girls in this game, Sana and Miku in particular, there WILL be another strike against it as long as there is any sex content with girls like them, including nudity of any level. Couple this with the usual practice of not giving repeat offenders another chance and this game will be toast on Patreon if the sex content remains, regardless of whether the text is changed, for girls like them.

This right here is why, despite Selebus's assurances, I am still on guard until I see the aftermath. It could easily lead to a second, likely fatal, strike to this game.

I mean if that's truly a concern, then he should have done more to obfuscate the connection. Hell, even the subscribestar URL for LiL is still
That wouldn't help, Patreon largely relies on users reporting violations. They watch for it themselves, even off of Patreon, but the majority of strikes still come from users, sometimes for trolling or malicious purposes as a result of some dislike of the game or developer, reporting violations.

All it would take, even with obfuscating the URL and all that, is a user reporting the SubscribeStar, then he gets struck again, this time probably seen as an attempt to skirt around Patreon rules, giving Patreon reason not to trust that Selebus would follow the rules if given another chance and therefore reason to terminate the page outright with zero warning. This is why I don't trust the plan for a separate version if it were to be carried out by Selebus himself. Now, Subeles, being an entirely different person, is another story. That does give me some relief. Still, I can't trust Patreon to not just terminate Selebus's page on a whim.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

NumbChucker

Aug 26, 2021
The sfw version is well on the way and as a tester I can say it's 1. fucking gold and 2. Selebus is blitzing through it.

I can't wait for people see the sfw version. I hope this 'Subeles' guy doesn't ruin my good Christian game.

Last edited:
Reactions: moodle

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
The sfw version is well on the way and as a tester I can say it's 1. fucking gold and 2. Selebus is blitzing through it.

I can't wait to see people see the sfw version. I hope this 'Subeles' guy doesn't ruin my good Christian game.
No way, Subeles wouldn't do that...or would he? :devilish: :ROFLMAO:

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
It might be a temporary fix, but given the heights of some girls in this game, Sana and Miku in particular, there WILL be another strike against it as long as there is any sex content with girls like them, including nudity of any level. Couple this with the usual practice of not giving repeat offenders another chance and this game will be toast on Patreon if the sex content remains, regardless of whether the text is changed, for girls like them.
I recall that Selebus stated he'll remove all sex scenes in the Patreon version? Cause he said that his version of LiL is gonna be all-age and Subeles is the one who's tasked with creating the 18+ Version.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I recall that Selebus stated he'll remove all sex scenes in the Patreon version? Cause he said that his version of LiL is gonna be all-age and Subeles is the one who's tasked with creating the 18+ Version.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As is necessary based on what has been stated. From what I heard, the sex scenes themselves were the issue, at least for characters fitting a forbidden content type. I'm just concerned that, given it has happened before, Patreon will come back on the whole uniforms and high school thing. They did it to Ashley from Harem Hotel and she is above the age ranges associated with high school. The issue there was her sailor style uniform, commonly associated with middle schools, especially Japanese ones, though not exclusive to middle schools despite what Patreon may or may not believe. The difference is that, if they do it to this game, it won't be a first offense, which usually means no more chances and the page gets deleted with no chance to fix it. With Harem Hotel, it was and still is Runey's only offense.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
As is necessary based on what has been stated. From what I heard, the sex scenes themselves were the issue, at least for characters fitting a forbidden content type. I'm just concerned that, given it has happened before, Patreon will come back on the whole uniforms and high school thing. They did it to Ashley from Harem Hotel and she is above the age ranges associated with high school. The issue there was her sailor style uniform, commonly associated with middle schools, especially Japanese ones, though not exclusive to middle schools despite what Patreon may or may not believe. The difference is that, if they do it to this game, it won't be a first offense, which usually means no more chances and the page gets deleted with no chance to fix it. With Harem Hotel, it was and still is Runey's only offense.
Is that really how it works with patreon? You can only get 1 strike before they immediately remove your page without even the chance for an appeal?

Fuck that, he should be telling his patreon supporters to ditch that shit ASAP, because sooner or later they're gonna shut it down.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is that really how it works with patreon? You can only get 1 strike before they immediately remove your page without even the chance for an appeal?

Fuck that, he should be telling his patreon supporters to ditch that shit ASAP, because sooner or later they're gonna shut it down.
I'm not sure if that's how it is supposed to be on paper, in fact I'm sure it isn't supposed to be that strict, but I have never seen a developer struck twice for the same offense, though based on different aspects of the game that weren't part of the original strike, come out with their page intact. I also fear this is going to happen, this is why I am on edge even after Selebus said things would be fine.

I agree, the switch to full funding from the SubscribeStar is better made immediately, but Selebus is not in a position to do that because the majority of his patrons are on Patreon and a lot of Patreon patrons as a whole would rather not make the switch, some because SubscribeStar does not have the same payment options as Patreon, like PayPal, specifically because SubscribeStar stands opposed to the censorship Patreon put in place. That was SubscribeStar's whole reason for being made, to give supporters and developers alike a safe haven from censorship for their support/funding.

It wasn't Patreon alone that made the decisions to censor the developers, Patreon is still at the mercy of credit card companies and payment processors, a lot of which are against the content that was censored despite clear logic that nothing in games being censored on that site is real. I do believe that these credit card companies and payment processors are also not at fault, they had no choice unless they wanted to lose business in multiple countries. There are several countries that are so strict that even fake depiction of the banned content, even text only depiction in a few, is illegal and would cost these companies A LOT of business and potentially get them in legal trouble in those countries. If there is one thing big companies fear, it is legal trouble.

Dringar

Nov 16, 2019
There is nothing to worry about at this time in regards to him willingly demolishing his game on the whims of Patreon.
I cant see him as being one to simply wipe a slate clean because of the "powers that be". Am glad to see it was an accurate impression.

Kikurage

Oct 12, 2018
Best of luck to this guy anyway. I was banned from his discord because I was drunk (and stupid) but his writing is awesome. Lets just hope the support doesn't drop (since hes making most of it off patreon) so he can continue.

Good luck man

kurt incomo

Nov 16, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 3129, in script
$ v11check()
File "game/script.rpy", line 3129, in <module>
$ v11check()
File "game/newchecker.rpy", line 1163, in v11check
if norikodorm20 == True:
NameError: global name 'norikodorm20' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ v11check()
File "F:\Misc. Files\others\new\LessonsInLove0.21.0\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "F:\Misc. Files\others\new\LessonsInLove0.21.0\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ v11check()
if norikodorm20 == True:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lessons in Love 0.21.0
Tue Dec 14 01:14:41 2021

any idea how to fix?

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
$ v11check()
$ v11check()
if norikodorm20 == True:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ v11check()
File "F:\Misc. Files\others\new\LessonsInLove0.21.0\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "F:\Misc. Files\others\new\LessonsInLove0.21.0\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
$ v11check()
if norikodorm20 == True:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lessons in Love 0.21.0
Tue Dec 14 01:14:41 2021

any idea how to fix?
Did you do a fresh install of .21 or an update? Because this looks a lot like you're trying to play .21 with an old definitions.rpy file from an update that didn't go properly. If so, try reinstalling the update, making sure to hit Yes to overwriting all files with the same names.

kurt incomo

Nov 16, 2018
Did you do a fresh install of .21 or an update? Because this looks a lot like you're trying to play .21 with an old definitions.rpy file from an update that didn't go properly. If so, try reinstalling the update, making sure to hit Yes to overwriting all files with the same names.
I re-applied dark mode mod after patching v.21. Was trying to troubleshoot it myself earlier.
Solved for now so far. Thanks alot.

Reactions: moodle

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I cant see him as being one to simply wipe a slate clean because of the "powers that be". Am glad to see it was an accurate impression.
I don't think so, I'm actually more worried about Patreon striking him for something else on the same offense since that more often then not leads to immediate page termination.

I have a need, a need for meme, i need Chinami pulling her diabolical grin, i tried digging around for it in-game but i can't find a version that would work well enough. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
You could always subscribe, one of the perks at or above a specific level allows custom order renders within a few very specific guidelines. This could allow you to get at least an image for it.

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
So there's going to be two versions now? A SFW and NSFW? I was wondering what was taking the next update so long.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So there's going to be two versions now? A SFW and NSFW? I was wondering what was taking the next update so long.
Patreon is what's taking it so long, I guess because of characters like Ami, Miku, Sana, etc. I am calling it now, next is going to be because they wear school uniforms and are said to be high schoolers, then it's going to be the 'happy' scenes are too graphic. In other words, I could very easily see Patreon taking issue with most of the game over time. I can't wait to see their response to the first caracter death, assuming Selebus ever even planned to go the usual Denpa route and kill off certain characters at certain points based on decisions. Patreon would lose their freaking minds.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes