PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as Selebus progresses deeper into the actual story of Lessons in Love, even the "safe" aspect of it, won't it still be banned off patreon? Isn't there heavy implication that Sensei raped his sister in law? Not to mention Ami. I feel a lot of the pre-time loop stuff is going to have to be changed up to keep everything "kosher" for patreon once we get further into the story.
Actually, recently I've come to believe that the aggressor was the sister in law, and that she may have been Sensei's teacher at the time.

Reactions: akselx

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You guys are worrying to much, the happy scenes will be present in the 18+ version while they're cut for the SFW version.
I mean, they didn't exactly say the 'happy' scenes were a problem, though a few scenes are implied because of the underage pixels involved. He isn't actually obligated to remove any that don't fit within that implication...yet. It was more a what if than a worry as nothing has been stated about the 'happy' scenes directly.

Selebus is just lucky there's no rule against handing over the offending version of a game to a completely unrelated developer for continuation.

Selebus posted this in the announcements channel of the Discord:
The huggy boy?...oh, this is going to be gold.

Actually, recently I've come to believe that the aggressor was the sister in law, and that she may have been Sensei's teacher at the time.
Under the implication in the story, that is correct that it was the sister in law, not Sensei. I wouldn't put it past Patreon to take issue with it as if he was the aggressor, though, in an alternate situation where they actually got the chance to look at more aspects of the original before it got handed over to Subeles so Selebus didn't get in trouble.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Ahh really? I try not to pay attention to the sub-text too much in the light scenes for now as they're virtually impossible for me to make heads or tails of, but I do try and I do enjoy reading a lot of people's theories on it (especially here). What changed that swapped the narrative from it being him, to being her?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ahh really? I try not to pay attention to the sub-text too much in the light scenes for now as they're virtually impossible for me to make heads or tails of, but I do try and I do enjoy reading a lot of people's theories on it (especially here). What changed that swapped the narrative from it being him, to being her?
If I'm remembering correctly, it was less a change and more an issue of things we didn't yet know coming out that basically flipped the entire narrative in the opposite direction of what we originally thought. A lot of things in the game end up this way when they first come out and then get more detail later. I have a feeling she was always the aggressor and it was never Sensei raping her. This then leads into his own mental issues, which are potentially related to the trauma of being raped by family, people that most trust implicitly. This is actually a somewhat common real world issue in childhood sexual crimes, being sexually assaulted, molested, and/or raped by the people the victim trusted the most, leading to potential mental issues or worse later.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
If I'm remembering correctly, it was less a change and more an issue of things we didn't yet know coming out that basically flipped the entire narrative in the opposite direction of what we originally thought. A lot of things in the game end up this way when they first come out and then get more detail later. I have a feeling she was always the aggressor and it was never Sensei raping her. This then leads into his own mental issues, which are potentially related to the trauma of being raped by family, people that most trust implicitly. This is actually a somewhat common real world issue in childhood sexual crimes, being sexually assaulted, molested, and/or raped by the people the victim trusted the most, leading to potential mental issues or worse later.
I don't think the were any rape involved at all. I remember erlear game dropping hints of Sensei feeling inadequate and inferior to his own brother, so I think he might have had a crash on his sister-in-law and, at some point, she noticed and took advantage. Later down the line she still chooses his brother and that what led to Sensei adapting more cynical outlook and then he get's even more fucked up when they die in car crash, since he, apparently was at the scene and get to hold her pierced and twisted body.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't think the were any rape involved at all. I remember erlear game dropping hints of Sensei feeling inadequate and inferior to his own brother, so I think he might have had a crash on his sister-in-law and, at some point, she noticed and took advantage. Later down the line she still chooses his brother and that what led to Sensei adapting more cynical outlook and then he get's even more fucked up when they die in car crash, since he, apparently was at the scene and get to hold her pierced and twisted body.
Yeah, that would fuck someone up real bad, the aftermath of the crash as you described it, I mean. I don't know, there just seemed to be this implication of what was likely going on wasn't fully his choice.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Yeah, I'm actually in this boat myself. Although, I didn't really realize how off I was till a bit recently and I've been trying to get help for my issues myself.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To this day I've always wore a face and just pretended I was someone else for everyone, till it just became too hard for me to wear a mask any longer, took too much energy. Then my family basically urged me to get help. I'm a 30 yo man with so many trust issues, anxiety issues, etc and I'm just now getting my issues taken care of. I was just never big on self care. It can cause loads of issues to present themselves in many different ways. But yeah, new information always either adds to or debunks theories in games like this. Until the game outright says something, it's basically just guess and guess again.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Yeah, a bunch of events, most prominently Something Everyone Knows And Ignores, set Sensei's relationship with his sister-in-law up as a parallel for the sort of relationships he's been pursuing with his students. We don't know whether she was literally his schoolteacher -- she's presented as one in SEKAI, but that event is so metaphorical and symbolism-laden that it's hard to be sure -- but she definitely was the one who initiated their sexual relationship.

Setting aside for the moment the things Teacher says in SEKAI, we have this from Halloween 2, off the top of my head:
"I begin taking my MOLLY POINTS out of my pocket and throwing them at her."
"A few of them get into her hair and remind me of how [[REDACTED] used to look under the cover of sakura trees."
"I would pick petals out and occasionally press them against her lips."
"She’d giggle as her back would brush up against the bark, slowly sliding downward and causing her lace dress to hike up and reveal more of her skin than I was comfortable with at first."
"I got used to it eventually, though."
"She made it easier because she was always gentle when she touched me."
"I wonder if her laughter was real or if she was just faking it for a chance to feel something."
This has obvious parallels to how Sensei grooms his own students to make them more comfortable with the idea of having sex with him.

(The association with sakura trees is part of how we know this is his sister in law: one of the first things we learn about Sensei's sister-in-law, during the event where Sensei and Ami go to the gravesite, is that she wore cherry-blossom perfume, and Sana's event The Complete Absence of Everything talks about [redacted] having a favorite tree and shows an image of cherry trees in bloom)

Denker

Dec 16, 2021
Since we had halloween update this year as well, patrons will have a Christmas one? Right after the Halloween mess? This one won't be nearly as merry.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Since we had halloween update this year as well, patrons will have a Christmas one? Right after the Halloween mess? This one won't be nearly as merry.
At least we're getting an update, though. Things could have gone much worse and the Patreon could have been shut down entirely. Patreon isn't obligated to give second chances at all and could have set up a no tolerance policy with no second chance before the termination of violating projects, as bad a policy as that would be and as big a negative impact as it would have on Patreon themselves.

Denker

Dec 16, 2021
At least we're getting an update, though. Things could have gone much worse and the Patreon could have been shut down entirely. Patreon isn't obligated to give second chances at all and could have set up a no tolerance policy with no second chance before the termination of violating projects, as bad a policy as that would be and as big a negative impact as it would have on Patreon themselves.
What? There was something going on with Patreon? I didn't know. I wasn't talking about that with "Halloween mess" but rather what happened in the story, lol.

Reactions: crustlord12

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
What? There was something going on with Patreon? I didn't know. I wasn't talking about that with "Halloween mess" but rather what happened in the story, lol.
Yeah, Patreon finally caught onto the whole incest and short girls with small chests in high school thing and told Selebus to fix censor it. I assume it was Ami, Maya, Sana, Molly, and Kirin that caught Patreon's eye on the whole underage girls pixels issue while Ami caught their eye with incest.

• Sad
Reactions: osmann and Denker

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Yeah, I doubt Selebus will have time to work on a Christmas update given all the outstanding work for SFW version.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, I doubt Selebus will have time to work on a Christmas update given all the outstanding work for SFW version.
I mean, the empty shell that Patreon wants basically is the Christmas update unless Subeles is also working on the original version, that is now in no way tied to Selebus, at such a rapid pace that he can get something out in a week. If he is, that deserves some serious kudos because that would be an insane turnaround that I absolutely do not expect out of anyone and that would make me worry about his health with the sheer effort required.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Christmas is probably not cancelled. On Patreon a week or so ago, Selebus posted this about the schedule:
Progress on the necessary revisions is proceeding smoothly and the game should be ready to come back to Patreon on 12/23.

This makes the projected release date for the next content update of the game 1/15/22. That update will contain new events for: Yumi, Chika, Sara, and Yuki.
So, if .21p2 is releasing to patrons 1/15/22, the Patreon mess has caused a month delay from the schedule he originally outlined back in November:
0.21.0 Part 1 (11/15/21) - Noriko/Kirin/Niki/Maki
0.21.0 Part 2 (12/15/21) - Yumi/Chika/Sara/Yuki
0.22.0 (1/15/22) - Special Christmas Update
0.23.0 Part 1 (2/1/22) - Maya/Otoha/Nodoka/Kaori
0.23.0 Part 2 (2/16/22) - Main/Ami/Touka/Tsubasa/Tsukasa
0.24.0 (TBA) - Early Game Rework
So probably we'll get .22, the Christmas update, on 2/15/22, .23p1 on 3/1, .23p2 on 3/16, and then launch into the rework. Also, calling it here, my guess is that .23p2 will have the fourth reset and second changing of seasons, because leaving us on a cliffhanger in the main plot while he does the rework is the evil shit Selebus would do.

JeanRandom

Jan 16, 2021
Hello guys, i'm new here on this game, and i read latest post, about things going bad with patreon policy ? Does the game will continue anyway or there is a chance NSFW version will not exist anymore? (i didnt understand everything going on all messages, i'm not native speakers and i'm not fully fluent so...) Is it worth to keep playing this or there is a chance for this game story never get an ending ? (i mean NSFW version, but even for a SFW version, the whole plot gonna change no?) because the plot is very mysterious (at the point where i am of course (i just end Chapter 1), so i hope to be able to get answer about all this mess ! Not that sex is very important for me at this point, but this is a huuuuuuuuge part of the "atmosphere" in the story ! (No way Maya is my fav character with Yumi and Rin, so i hope to be able to keep to follow theirs stories)

Sorry if there is already answers in this thread, i didnt get able to catch it :'(
And sorry about my english, i hope i'm understandable at least !
And thanks you for every one who gonna take time to answer me ! Good evening guys !

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes