alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hello guys, i'm new here on this game, and i read latest post, about things going bad with patreon policy ? Does the game will continue anyway or there is a chance NSFW version will not exist anymore? (i didnt understand everything going on all messages, i'm not native speakers and i'm not fully fluent so...) Is it worth to keep playing this or there is a chance for this game story never get an ending ? (i mean NSFW version, but even for a SFW version, the whole plot gonna change no?) because the plot is very mysterious (at the point where i am of course (i just end Chapter 1), so i hope to be able to get answer about all this mess ! Not that sex is very important for me at this point, but this is a huuuuuuuuge part of the "atmosphere" in the story ! (No way Maya is my fav character with Yumi and Rin, so i hope to be able to keep to follow theirs stories)

Sorry if there is already answers in this thread, i didnt get able to catch it :'(
And sorry about my english, i hope i'm understandable at least !
And thanks you for every one who gonna take time to answer me ! Good evening guys !
The NSFW version is going into development by a different developer, Subeles, so that it doesn't have to be thrown out entirely while an SFW version is put on Patreon by Selebus.

The NSFW version will go on, but won't be released on Patreon. That's the only change.
There's also that Subeles is developing the NSFW version now instead of Selebus. Remember that Patreon doesn't like a developer offering two different versions of the game where one version is still in violation of their rules, even if the violating version is not on their site, so Subeles is taking over. It's not like Patreon can do anything if a completely different developer handles the version that violates their rules. :sneaky:

JeanRandom

Jan 16, 2021
Ok thank you for your answers ! Btw if i understand correctly, does the dev changes wont affect the "quality"? Dont be wrong, i dont want to minor (or being mean, or ungrateful) the one going in charge now, but it's like change a writter from a books story and co, no? I'm not a pro about dev and co, i just hope the original vision from original dev will go on ! But anyway thanks to every one working on this game !
As i repeat i dont want to being ungrateful at all (i am not, i'm very thanksful that someone is able to take it in charge thru the problems), it's just questions about the changes that patreon problems imply ! Ty about you too in this thread !

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ok thank you for your answers ! Btw if i understand correctly, does the dev changes wont affect the "quality"? Dont be wrong, i dont want to minor (or being mean, or ungrateful) the one going in charge now, but it's like change a writter from a books story and co, no? I'm not a pro about dev and co, i just hope the original vision from original dev will go on ! But anyway thanks to every one working on this game !
As i repeat i dont want to being ungrateful at all (i am not, i'm very thanksful that someone is able to take it in charge thru the problems), it's just questions about the changes that patreon problems imply ! Ty about you too in this thread !
It might affect quality for one build because this Patreon issue came up when it did, but I don't think quality will be affected that badly even if it is affected. The original will go on as it always was going to be under the new developer.

NumbChucker

Aug 26, 2021
It might affect quality for one build because this Patreon issue came up when it did, but I don't think quality will be affected that badly even if it is affected. The original will go on as it always was going to be under the new developer.
Even with less time to work on the update, (8 days post SFW release to the next update instead of 15) Selebus would have much more time to think about it (a month and half instead of 15 days) and what he is going to do in the update so it might actually be very well realised

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Even with less time to work on the update, (8 days post SFW release to the next update instead of 15) Selebus would have much more time to think about it (a month and half instead of 15 days) and what he is going to do in the update so it might actually be very well realised
I'm sure it will be. The question was whether it would affect the quality of the release and history says it will, but it probably won't be affected that badly because of who we're talking about. I don't know about Subeles, but I have been around Selebus's work long enough to know at least some of the things he can pull off in such a short time. As an example, though I won't go into too much detail because it does involve a subscriber perk I have, he didn't see my custom image request for November until the 1st of this month and basically pulled it off in four days on top of all the crap Patreon threw at him. I can barely get something at the level of difficulty I requested done myself in a week and it wouldn't come out anywhere near as good. This gives me a very good idea of how well he works under the pressure of a time crunch.

Subeles I will have to wait for the next release of the, now unrelated to Selebus except as a past project, NSFW version to get an idea, but I bet he'll have the ability to get it done considering the month delay from the final release of it by Selebus. ;)

Reactions: Wafflewaffuru

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
The NSFW version is going into development by a different developer, Subeles, so that it doesn't have to be thrown out entirely while an SFW version is put on Patreon by Selebus.
It would be a shame if this game as nsfw ended before I even begin to play... u.u

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
It would be a shame if this game as nsfw ended before I even begin to play... u.u
The NSFW version will continue to be available for free on itch.io, and content will be available 2 weeks in advance through SubscribeStar and the yearly game pass from Selebus's shop. It's only the Patreon version that will be the Huggy Boy edition, and someone will undoubtedly create an unofficial patch for converting it to the NSFW version.

Reactions: linus.quotes

El_Zane_123

Oct 22, 2020
Yeah, I'm actually in this boat myself. Although, I didn't really realize how off I was till a bit recently and I've been trying to get help for my issues myself.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To this day I've always wore a face and just pretended I was someone else for everyone, till it just became too hard for me to wear a mask any longer, took too much energy. Then my family basically urged me to get help. I'm a 30 yo man with so many trust issues, anxiety issues, etc and I'm just now getting my issues taken care of. I was just never big on self care. It can cause loads of issues to present themselves in many different ways. But yeah, new information always either adds to or debunks theories in games like this. Until the game outright says something, it's basically just guess and guess again.
Hey, you don't know me and I don't know you but....
Feel hugged man. Life sucks oftentimes and it can really bring us down but kudos to you for trying and trying to get help too, as hard as it is. And since none of us can truly help, I just want you to know that, even though I do not know you nor anything about you, I still am proud of you. Keep going, you will manage somehow! :)

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Hey, you don't know me and I don't know you but....
Feel hugged man. Life sucks oftentimes and it can really bring us down but kudos to you for trying and trying to get help too, as hard as it is. And since none of us can truly help, I just want you to know that, even though I do not know you nor anything about you, I still am proud of you. Keep going, you will manage somehow! :)
I appreciate it. It's honestly a struggle, every day's a struggle it seems. In your brain, you're already losing a war before it even becomes a fight. Anticipating and preparing for the worst so that at the very least, you were prepared enough for letdown because that's just how you see the world. A cesspool of hatred and pain. Prepared for attacks from everywhere because people you looked up to you as a child corrupted you to the point you couldn't allow yourself to trust a single person. Trying to change things that have been ingrained into you to the point it's basically a part of your dna. But yeah, I really am trying to get help because just reading the thoughts in my head already reaffirms everything I feel. I honestly feel like a nutcase, reading all this lmao. But that's just genuinely what it's like.

Reactions: osmann and alex2011

Shock57

May 24, 2020
Guys, 0.21.0 Part1 crashes when I try to open Maki's window in the menu, is someone else having this problem too?

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Guys, 0.21.0 Part1 crashes when I try to open Maki's window in the menu, is someone else having this problem too?
It's a known issue, there is a fix on Patreon:
Opening Maki's replay screen or inviting her over after her events are complete may result in a crash. This error can be fixed by placing THIS FILE in your "game" folder and overwriting the old definitions.rpy

Reactions: alex2011

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019

There's also that Subeles is developing the NSFW version now instead of Selebus. Remember that Patreon doesn't like a developer offering two different versions of the game where one version is still in violation of their rules, even if the violating version is not on their site, so Subeles is taking over. It's not like Patreon can do anything if a completely different developer handles the version that violates their rules. :sneaky:
Uh, a bit of clarification, just because I haven't seen it asked/stated directly, but since this is already provided here by a 3rd party that is unrelated to Selebus, I take it this thread will continue with the NSFW version, but will it have the SFW version as well? Is that even an accurate assumption, or will there be a new F95Zone thread for the "new" NSFW version?

Ichirou_

Oct 9, 2021
Just wondering is this visual novel that really scary or psychological? Because I really want to play the game and I just want a head up if it really is so I could play it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Uh, a bit of clarification, just because I haven't seen it asked/stated directly, but since this is already provided here by a 3rd party that is unrelated to Selebus, I take it this thread will continue with the NSFW version, but will it have the SFW version as well? Is that even an accurate assumption, or will there be a new F95Zone thread for the "new" NSFW version?
I would assume the thread will be unaffected seeing as it was almost never Selebus uploading the NSFW version before Patreon struck him anyway. Before he was struck, there were maybe three or four builds that were actually shared here by Selebus himself while the rest were leaked. I would assume the leaking would continue regardless of what Patreon says considering F95 is basically stopped by nothing short of problems with F95 itself. Considering it is effectively the same game, the only thing changing is who has control for Patreon reasons, I don't even think the mods would allow a new thread as they might see it as redundant.

Just wondering is this visual novel that really scary or psychological because I really want to play the game and I just want a
There's maybe one jump scare in the entire game and I'm not sure if that one actually counts as a jump scare. The rest is more weird, creepy psychological horror stuff.

Ichirou_

Oct 9, 2021
I would assume the thread will be unaffected seeing as it was almost never Selebus uploading the NSFW version before Patreon struck him anyway. Before he was struck, there were maybe three or four builds that were actually shared here by Selebus himself while the rest were leaked. I would assume the leaking would continue regardless of what Patreon says considering F95 is basically stopped by nothing short of problems with F95 itself. Considering it is effectively the same game, the only thing changing is who has control for Patreon reasons, I don't even think the mods would allow a new thread as they might see it as redundant.

There's maybe one jump scare in the entire game and I'm not sure if that one actually counts as a jump scare. The rest is more weird, creepy psychological horror stuff.
Thank you very much for letting me know.

zekemckillip

Sep 16, 2019
I appreciate it. It's honestly a struggle, every day's a struggle it seems. In your brain, you're already losing a war before it even becomes a fight. Anticipating and preparing for the worst so that at the very least, you were prepared enough for letdown because that's just how you see the world. A cesspool of hatred and pain. Prepared for attacks from everywhere because people you looked up to you as a child corrupted you to the point you couldn't allow yourself to trust a single person. Trying to change things that have been ingrained into you to the point it's basically a part of your dna. But yeah, I really am trying to get help because just reading the thoughts in my head already reaffirms everything I feel. I honestly feel like a nutcase, reading all this lmao. But that's just genuinely what it's like.
Hey, just to help out here, this is a good moment too. Remember it, internalize it. I know how hard it can be to deal with something similar to what you are experiencing it, and it's too easy to forget that, while sometime life really sucks, sometimes, every so often, a random stranger on the internet cares enough about you to try to cheer you up. And here's another. Send me a PM if you're having a hard day. I can't promise a daily response, but 9/10 I'll get you a message back within about a day. And I'm willing to bet that there are a lot more people in this thread that would love for you to come here or get on the LiL discord and just share your struggle when it gets too hard. It's what general chat is for sometimes. It's just the vibe I get from this community. LiL is all about how we've all got darkness, and maybe that's okay.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes