moodle

Nov 26, 2016
So was it an update on Patreon, or what? Is it still viewable?

Incidentally, I remember reading that he still uses patreon because some people might prefer using that, but has he expressed a preference? Like, does one option skim more money off the top than the other, or is one more convenient than the other for him, or something?
Patreon is easier for him to get the money, whereas subscribestar is easier for users but takes longer to pay him. They both take approximately the same amount of money.
Actually how is gamepass? Is it better for him than subscribestar?
Way better, because he gets all the money minus the payment processor cut (no Patreon or Subscribestar taking an extra cut).

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Update looks like it's live, never been here on release day, how long does it usually take for someone to update the first post?

25thKnight

May 20, 2020
Update looks like it's live, never been here on release day, how long does it usually take for someone to update the first post?
In the past 1 day or 2 it's already pirated and posted here but now 4 days to a week I guess but the public surely comes out every two weeks after the initial release

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
Just getting out in front of everything that will inevitably happen here, there is a puzzle in the new update and it's huge and a real doozy. I've been kinda ambivalent about the puzzles thus far but this one is...... actually really fun!
I know saying this is probably futile but I really suggest people take an honest crack at it before immediately jumping to looking up the answers, whenever people inevitably start posting them here.
If anyone is really at their wit's end (hell even I am stuck on one of the answers), message me directly and I can give you a hint to help point you in the right direction (keep in mind I can't respond while I'm at work), but I really do implore people to try to solve it themselves.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Great, another puzzle... cue the uninterested, the lazy, the disabled and those who cannot figure out the moon logic the dev was using all asking for help and getting the hinters, the purists, the trolls and smug elitists all taking the opportunity to either offer no help or frustratingly laborious help that has an incredibly high noise to signal ratio. Cue all of that happening 50 times over as each person from the first category comes in and their question is lost to an entire page from the second category.

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
Cue all of that happening 50 times over as each person from the first category comes in and their question is lost to an entire page from the second category.
At least in terms of my involvement that's one part of why I said to message me directly so that it doesn't clog up the thread. And I think my ability to hint without just adding another layer of cryptic-ness is pretty good if I do say so myself.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
At least in terms of my involvement that's one part of why I said to message me directly so that it doesn't clog up the thread. And I think my ability to hint without just adding another layer of cryptic-ness is pretty good if I do say so myself.
I'm not taking a personal swipe at you, but that bolded part is problem for all hinters, what you 'think' will apply to some but not others and that's where the laborious part comes in for everyone else cause that's where you're specific help is actually no help. Props for those you do help but that still leads to a very simple alternative, all can be helped if and when someone eventually just offers a simple bullet point list, Do A then B then C, enjoy. That helps 99% of people from the first category. If your plan is to only help half the people who come to you... then that puts you even further into the second category.

Look, don't go turning this into more than what i was aiming at, i don't want to argue points for or against each individual's attitudes to this topic, my only point was how it's always a shitshow and i'm not looking forward to it.

Reactions: Jimbolance

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
Has anyone gone through the scenes where they flash images or text and compiled what is actually said/shown? I know on the wiki they translate the hexidecimal and spanish, etc, but I don't know about the flashed images/text.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
After fiddling around with the puzzle for about half an hour, I now understand why Selebus specifically pointed out that subscriptions are non-refundable in advance of the update. I can see some people getting REALLY pissed off by this one.

I don't have the bandwidth to deal with this right now. I may set this aside until the rework comes out and I get in the full end to end replay I've been putting off.

To clarify: I love the puzzle, just having a bad brain day, and the time-investment of going through a nontrivial number of old events I'll be repeating in a couple of months anyway just doesn't seem like an efficient use of time.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
After fiddling around with the puzzle for about half an hour, I now understand why Selebus specifically pointed out that subscriptions are non-refundable in advance of the update. I can see some people getting REALLY pissed off by this one.

I don't have the bandwidth to deal with this right now. I may set this aside until the rework comes out and I get in the full end to end replay I've been putting off.

To clarify: I love the puzzle, just having a bad brain day, and the time-investment of going through a nontrivial number of old events I'll be repeating in a couple of months anyway just doesn't seem like an efficient use of time.
I'm imagining a puzzle where they ask "in the fifth Ami scene (chronological order), was she holding up her LEFT hand or her RIGHT hand?" and if you answer wrong you have to answer all of the previous questions again, like with the terminal# ->IPv6 address -> Username -> Password thing.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I'm imagining a puzzle where they ask "in the fifth Ami scene (chronological order), was she holding up her LEFT hand or her RIGHT hand?" and if you answer wrong you have to answer all of the previous questions again, like with the terminal# ->IPv6 address -> Username -> Password thing.
It is There is Nothing on crack, but the game doesn't tell you what scene the solution is in, so you're probably going to need to replay multiple scenes to find the answer.

That's cool. Under normal circumstances I'd have no problems doing it, but with me playing through the full game again once the rework is out, it just doesn't seem like something I want to be doing twice. And I WILL need to do it twice, because my memory is absolute garbage and I will forget the answers between now and then.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I mean, it's an update right before a long hiatus for the rework. Maybe you don't need to blow through the puzzle in half an hour? It took me a few hours, with a couple of breaks, but I got it -- I felt like one of them was kind of bullshit, but whatever, and some of them I really liked. And almost all of them are able to be brute-forced, if you just can't find the place where the clue was given.

There's no harm in taking your time.

Reactions: Ponyboy451

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
If you really have problems with the puzzles, just look into the game files. They aren't written in a different language or anything.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes