forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
Love the picture
Quick, based on what we know now, construct a harem with as many of the girls as possible, explaining how you would convince each to get over their hang-ups.

Sana is going to be tough. She might accept Ayane though.

Maybe I've just got computer-brain but I'm imagining some sort of traveling salesman puzzle here, with the 'distance' between individual nodes (girls) being represented by how hard it would be to get them to accept one another in the harem.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Here's a question for you: Is every Huggy Boy version getting updated too? Are they different enough that I should bother giving them a look if I'm really bored?
Yes, Huggy Boy is updated, too. Patreon users have to download two files to play Lessons in Love with each update, the Huggy Boy update, and then the restoration patch. It's a pain in the ass, and when I can afford to resume my sub, I'm switching to Subscribestar or gamepass so I don't have to do this shit any more.

That said, I haven't touched Huggy Boy, I always apply the restoration patch immediately. I heard it goes a bit off the rails, so it might be a fun diversion while you wait for the rework to finish.

• Sad
Reactions: alex2011

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Quick, based on what we know now, construct a harem with as many of the girls as possible, explaining how you would convince each to get over their hang-ups.

Maybe I've just got computer-brain but I'm imagining some sort of traveling salesman puzzle here, with the 'distance' between individual nodes (girls) being represented by how hard it would be to get them to accept one another in the harem.
Yasu's going to be the key to Sana, I can feel it.

• Love
Reactions: Bingoogus
Dec 29, 2020
So the Good Boy happy event wasn't triggered for me even though I finished the Sara event it is apparently in. Now I can't get kaori's 2nd event without it. The only saves I have prior to Sara's event are from waaay back Am I screwed?

Eeagle

Jul 28, 2017
I'm adding comments/questions after the answers. Question marks mean I have no idea what the logic is or what event that answer came from. Explanations would be appreciated, from anyone. Don't feel obligated fenax.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And a conflict between Otoha and Rin about parents - cheap drama.
Unless a certain thought from Sensei regarding it is true.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
I'm guessing the puzzles before the reset represent someone or something that doesn't want sensei to make it to the roof and whoever or whatever it is is fighting against him hence the increased difficulty. The question is who or what?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Anyone know how much of the early game is getting reworked?
It sounds like a bunch of the stuff prior to the first beach event, I don't know beyond that.

Actually i just gone done picking apart the game files and am 99% sure i've corrected my error by changing relevant stats in my save and injecting the flag trigger into the game script at an accessible location after scrolling back from the end of chapter 2. The scene is now available in replay and all searches for the relevant happypoint/happymiss stats being called that currently exist do not seem to differentiate between 13/1 and 14/0 and there are no missed scenes anywhere else in my main save so i am pretty confident i have managed to correct everything. I'm going to keep my unaltered save just in case but i can't really imagine anything other than highly esoteric moon-logic coding requiring me to switch back to it, there really does seem to be no other calls for it in any of the script files and the flag doesn't send calls out (yet), i am actually pretty sure that, at least at this point, having missed it had no effect on anything. It's that 'at some point it might matter' that was gnawing at me. That's an hour and a half i'll never get back but it's done so yay me.

I actually deleted that post before you replied to it as it was no longer needed and hadn't been responded to so now you get to display the corpse of a comment.
There is that, but what you did is a largely inaccessible method as, for the less experienced, it is more likely to just ruin the save completely and force the player to start over due to corruption of the save. In other words, you took the hard route. I have to say, your dedication to keeping to that point in your save is impressive.

from lil's discord "There are a total of 158 events that are being reworked in some way"
Okay, that tells us the extent, no wonder the delay timeline is estimated in months.

is the patch ever going to be updtaed or is it not needed if you download the sex version
Not needed for the sex version, the sex version is essentially already patched. It isn't already patched, I just mean it has the same effect as it was never altered to need the patch.

Its interesting that depending on which attribute you choose, the name of the book changes (wire if calm and lust if callous), wonder if it will have consequences in the future...
That is VERY possible, Selebus does seemingly like consequences.

There's actually a point in the tail end of this update where Sensei spells it out. "If I'm not on the rooftop by the time the reset happens, I lose all my memories, and this has happened several times already"

I wouldn't say the roof is a "safe zone," because Ayane's memories of the roof got wiped after the previous reset. But for Sensei and Maya, the two fully awakened (for lack of a better word) characters, it's definitely a finish line. If they don't get to the roof in time, there are consequences.

What the rules are for other people who reach the rooftop are, who knows. Prior to last reset, it had never happened. Ayane could not remember being on the rooftop for the reset last time, so clearly she wasn't fully protected. But what about this time around? We'll find out in 2-3 months, I guess.

This is setting up a lot of narrative possibilities, and I love it.
Maybe Ayane is a case of she made it to the roof, but it was already too late. Like she crossed into the zone that comprises the roof just after the deadline she would have needed to be there by to be saved. Kind of like if a racer crosses the line in a time based race just after time expires, not enough where the person calling time calls it before the racer gets there, but enough that the racer makes the line without technically crossing just as time is called, therefore not making it.

To put this into game context, Ayane did make it to the roof, but the reset process had already begun for her and, while she had not been fully reset, it was too late to be safe. The process may be less than instant, which does give a VERY slight margin of error to work with where a character can seemingly make it to a point where the reset would not affect them only to be affected anyway.

There is also the gods theory to fall back on, it could have been them toying with her. She made it only for the gods to tell her no and reset her anyway. Kind of like the rewind for Makoto.

It seems that when you compress it becomes the version without sexual content
Not necessarily, it could be that whoever compressed it did not include the patch before compression and the patch would simply not work on the compressed files. An unfortunate side effect of compression is that there can be side effects like this.

At least we'll always be able to bypass it (well it'll be harder if he switches away from renpy, but I don't think sel is skilled enough to do that)

Tbh I don't have high hopes for this game being finished either way. Eventually patreon will shut it down completely. Itchio is already gone. And I don't think there'll be enough people who move over to subscribestar for him to earn close to what he feels he deserves.

Yeah, I'm sure that money is meaningless to him. That's why he charges money for this and gets all up in arms over the piracy.

He's free to not change his vision. Just like the rest of us are free to say his vision sucks and we're free to help others get past his terrible design.

That's a god awful outlook. When minimal changes (i.e making voice volume adjustable) can make the game more accessible with literally 3 seconds of effort, not doing so is either laziness or hatred of the disabled. Given the man has proven himself not to be lazy, I'm choosing to believe he's just a bad person. Not too hard to imagine for someone who seems to have an unhealthy obsession with fucking children and teenage girls.
This is actually the only game on the site I have any hope for being finished, even the other five on my top games list I see no hope in at this time. Coupled with this being entirely a passion project, whereas most games on here are money projects, Selebus has a nearly perfect track record and the only marks on that record were caused by outside influence or the sheer size of content updates, those outside influences being Patreon trying to take down his game for incest and loli and those snow storms that hit Texas last year, which both caused him to either have to stop entirely, you can't develop a game without power (F95 does work on mobile devices, which is what I attribute to him being able to keep in touch during the storms as I have used it myself way back when my first PC quit on me after a long time), and to alter content, because Patreon hates developers and just don't want to admit it because money.

As for Patreon striking him again, that's why he has SubscribeStar, that's his backup. Whenever a site refuses his game, he moves to another until one accepts it. This adamant behavior is what I like about him, as I said before. Itch.io is only suspended, for unknown reasons, I might add, because their customer service is crap and always has been, and his game is not in violation of any Itch.io terms.

Nobody is forced to pay, if he really cared about the money coming from the game THAT much, he would completely pay wall the game, but he offers an entirely FREE version every two weeks, no content removed or blocked, exactly what the patrons get on a mere delay. I would not be supporting him if it was entirely pay walled, that right there is one of my conditions under which I will pirate because I don't support a game I cannot judge as being worthy of what limited support I can give.

Yes, just as he is free to block your attempts with support from people who support his vision as is. It would simply become a war of attrition that some people on here would have no chance of losing because giving up is not our way to do things, and before you say it, if that costs players, those are likely the same kind of players Selebus himself would say to find a different game in the first place. It's simple, no need to try and alter a game you don't like, just find one you do like.

Sometimes the truth is god aweful, if he doesn't want to do things, he doesn't have to, it is his game. If he wants to add a walking portion, and I do mean making the player physically walk (Good luck with that in Renpy), he can and I, a person who cannot walk, would take on that challenge until I am physically unable to continue. Challenge is something I strive to overcome, I don't back down from it and I do whatever I can to overcome the challenge ahead of me no matter the cost. As a person who cannot walk, if he wants to add a walking portion, again good luck because Renpy, I approve and I will get through it. It is neither laziness nor hatred of the disabled to make the game a developer wants to make. I've never heard of a visual novel in Braille for the blind, I've never heard of a version of RingFit for the physically disabled, so what makes Lessons in Love any different with deaf people? Nothing, all games should be developed by the developer's vision and no one else's, even at the cost of disability accessibility. Also, it isn't 'fucking children and teenage girls' because these are, quite literally, pixels on a computer screen and DO NOT bring up any kind of 'this happening in fiction equates to the same happening in reality' nonsense, that was scientifically proven false when people tried to ban Doom and other violent video games for causing real violence.

Congratulations, in making that last sentence against Selebus, you have now managed to insult me, someone who actually likes that kind of content and cannot wait for Chinami and Tsukasa to get their content in the future, which yes, has been confirmed. Insulting me is actually an achievement, very hard to do, well done. I have never even thought about taking my like of this content into the real world, by the way, and I live with someone that fits the body type.

Oh god GOD HOPE, no. This actually makes sense to a scary degree. I am actually quite shocked by that. That said, there are a few holes in that logic.

Here's a question for you: Is every Huggy Boy version getting updated too? Are they different enough that I should bother giving them a look if I'm really bored?
Yes to both, huggy boy is a freaking riot.

How do you trigger the good boy event :( I'm not a fan of the happy events.
It has no requirement listed and I honestly can't remember since I just stumbled into it...again (stumbling into the 'happy' scenes is a regular occurrence and I am never prepared for them as a result).

Okay, now you've put me in a tough spot between my own morals, which are pretty much polar opposites to Sensei's, and getting the girls. I guess I will have to just settle for whoever will accept a point blank confession and sharing me even if Rin is not one of them. Just thinking about what I would have to do to get more than that makes my skin crawl because that means getting right back into the most disgusting mind I have ever had the displeasure of getting into, Sensei's (this is in no way a complaint, the fact that I have a physical reaction to Sensei means he is well written).

Let's see, with that in mind, I MIGHT be able to get Futaba and Chika. Weak, I know, but I will not lower myself, even hypothetically, to HIS level.

So the Good Boy happy event wasn't triggered for me even though I finished the Sara event it is apparently in. Now I can't get kaori's 2nd event without it. The only saves I have prior to Sara's event are from waaay back Am I screwed?
Yes, missed events are permanent except through going back to a save where it was still obtainable.

I doubt she's a trap, that would mean putting another dick in the game, which is guaranteed to start a content war over a certain three letter term. F95 users can be rather...adamant about certain content types and whether they will play them and will gladly start huge fights over it that get notoriously bad to the point of mod intervention. Then there's the way things have been since day one, every other guy either dead from or fighting in the 'space war' with any others simply unable to get in our way.

With this being the case, it would make sense that Otoha would not exist as a character if she were a trap because trap means she is a he and he would then be off fighting or dead like all the other males except Sensei.

I'm guessing the puzzles before the reset represent someone or something that doesn't want sensei to make it to the roof and whoever or whatever it is is fighting against him hence the increased difficulty. The question is who or what?
I think they ALL represent that with the rising difficulty in the puzzles representing increasing efforts to stop Sensei. My guess as to who? The gods, it has to be.

Last edited:

Ryoga1989

Mar 10, 2020
Could anyone who's completed the current puzzle give me a hint on where to look for books 4 and 7? Brain is extra fried from the others and I cant narrow which section to look at for these last 2 I thought book 4 was based on Otoha's event but unless im spelling things wrong im lost

Sir_Shy

Apr 26, 2017
Are there still deafening auditory jump-scares in this game? It looked like it was going to be good but random screeching in my ear isn't what I view as enjoyable content.
I'm a huge fan of suspense and thriller but I've always hated unnecessary jump-scares where the story writer just basically decides to throw away all tension in exchange for a cheap "boo".

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Are there still deafening auditory jump-scares in this game? It looked like it was going to be good but random screeching in my ear isn't what I view as enjoyable content.
I'm a huge fan of suspense and thriller but I've always hated unnecessary jump-scares where the story writer just basically decides to throw away all tension in exchange for a cheap "boo".
LOL stay away from Tojo Ramen then.

Sir_Shy

Apr 26, 2017
I can't say I know what that is, but a google search led me straight back to this game so I am assuming it is a location/person/event.
I'll probably just be avoiding the game entirely from now on if it is just a common thing though, disappointing but not the end of the world.

fuggggggggggggggggg

Mar 22, 2022
So I've unlocked good boy and done all tsukioka events but still can't call kaori at night. anyone know what might be the cause of this. there's no way its an affection problem

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It could be Wire or HOPE, we don't yet know for sure how the gods work, they are one of the most mysterious parts of the game and potentially the most interesting part of the entire story given how big an impact they could potentially have on the entire thing.

Not really, unless you count the one Miku event rather early in her story, which I do not as I don't see it as specifically there to scare the player, but instead as a result of other characters' actions outside of Sensei's view at the time.

I wouldn't call that deafening by any means, though, and he did specifically say deafening.

I can't say I know what that is, but a google search led me straight back to this game so I am assuming it is a location/person/event.
I'll probably just be avoiding the game entirely from now on if it is just a common thing though, disappointing but not the end of the world.
It is, sounds like you haven't gotten to the second floor of the dorms yet.

Godsend

Jul 18, 2017
Anybody got a save they can share pre-.23 part 2?
I missed one of the fucking Happy Events a while back so I can't progress any further in this update and I'd really rather not CTRL my way through six hours of content just to get back to EXACTLY where I am now.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes