Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Clicked your itch link on a whim and OMG.... I didn't know you were DJNOSTYLE!! I loved Nothing is Beautiful! To any of you who liked the psychological/interface screw aspects of LiL, check out some more quality writing from Selebus:
Hahaha holy shit I’m really glad you’ve played that! That means a lot to me. NiB is my love-child and probably the purest example of my writing style, so I’m overjoyed whenever anyone takes the time to read it. Also, fun fact, Sana has a Nothing is Beautiful poster in her dorm room in the next release of Lessons in Love!

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
Hahaha holy shit I’m really glad you’ve played that! That means a lot to me. NiB is my love-child and probably the purest example of my writing style, so I’m overjoyed whenever anyone takes the time to read it. Also, fun fact, Sana has a Nothing is Beautiful poster in her dorm room in the next release of Lessons in Love!
Yeah, I was in awe of the writing in NiB. It seriously gave me denpa-ish/mind screw vibes that I've only gotten from JP VN's. Finally makes sense why I didn't hear anything about NiB since December. I really do hope you don't drop it and complete it!

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Yeah, I was in awe of the writing in NiB. It seriously gave me denpa-ish/mind screw vibes that I've only gotten from JP VN's. Finally makes sense why I didn't hear anything about NiB since December. I really do hope you don't drop it and complete it!
I definitely will be continuing it as the project is still very close to my heart! Just trying to save up enough money to do what I want with it for now, since I’m funding the whole thing on my own.

Super glad the denpa-ish vibes came through as I definitely draw a lot of inspiration from games like Cross|Channel and Subarashiki Hibi in most of my work! They really changed my life in a number of ways.

• Wow
Reactions: Blake639 and Yuri L

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Does anyone know where the saves are for the game on a Mac? I tried searching for Lessons in Love, but I can't find it.

Artyom Reaper

Sep 19, 2018
Edit: Sorry for the wall of text!

Man this game is so damn good. I usually come and play games like these to have my fill, but every now and then a game comes along that has amazing writing. Even rarer though, is when a work of art comes along with good writing AND this sense of being genuine where it feels like the pacing is good and the interactions between characters don't make you go "this feels a little too forced" or makes you ask yourself "why these dialogue choices?"; where it makes you feel a deeper sense of duty to pay attention to the story and everything surrounding it without feeling like you're going out of your way to do so. Even more, it feels like you pay attention to details, which makes it all the more genuine. For instance, the fact each girl both lines up with their image, backstory, and even their actions is great, but on top of all of that you have them doing little things like Yumi attending class and counseling more as you get closer to her even early on. Then there's something like Akane having a chicken in class and it not even being addressed because she's just wild and unpredictable by nature. You blend that mix of showing not telling and actually showing really well and then when I get to thinking "Oh the author slipped up!," and I think I've caught you in some type of continuity error or something related, you explain it off as a wall break. You're a good writer fam. My favorite character so far has to be Futaba, and I imagine that you also enjoy writing her as she had the most scenes (at least the most revealing ((as in her characterization)) and how she's the most built upon). I gotta say you caught me off guard a lot of times too. The worst time was the "There's something buried underneath the school." It caught me so off guard I was kind of stuck in place out of fear. It got me curious with the notebook you and Futaba read as the mysterious owner of it mentions how the school's boiler room smells of "rotten skin flesh," if I recall correctly. Then Futaba also has that quote by Edgar Allen Poe from the beginning of the game. I wonder how it's all connected. I'm sorry for the long wall of text, but damn this work of art is just off to too much of a good start not to rant on it. I'll try to join your patreon asap. With what's going on I've been in a difficult place but your game definitely was a gem in all of it. I hope you're doing alright through recent events and thanks for the game, it's awesome. Much love fam.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Edit: Sorry for the wall of text!
Thank you so much!! That wall of text made my week, so don't apologize for it.
I'm glad my love for creating the game seems to be coming through! There's a lot still to be uncovered in Lessons in Love, and I'm excited to get to see you guys experience it. One of my biggest objectives [and one of the biggest objectives as a writer in general] is creating characters that people actually want to spend time with. So dropping them into a world like this and figuring out how all of them will work in tandem with not only each other but the world itself is truly a pleasure! I'm also glad you're liking Futaba so far! She has another great moment in 0.2.0 that I'm sure you'll enjoy as well!

Reactions: Artyom Reaper

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
isn't the v0.2 supposed to be public today?
if not do it please...man i'm bored as can be and have finished literally every game on my watch list

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes