Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
where do u get the secret event...since it might not trigger after certain events idk when and where to search for it

Also, a suggestion for patreon Selebus....instead of making the patreon only post public during the public release, make a separate public release post saying something like 0.2 public version is out...is easier for people to find it since it will be on top of the page instead of polls and progress report stuff and discussion will be easy to make since it will be a public post at the top of the page

Last edited:

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
Is this trying to be Doki Doki
if u are saying doki doki literature club then 'noooo'....the dev is a great VN writer himself with a great VN before this named 'Nothing is Beautiful'...so don't try to discredit him by saying if the VN is trying to be another VN....if you're not insinuating that and saying it as in a love-horror VN yeah it is one but it is different than the literature club

Last edited:

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
if u are saying doki doki literature club then 'noooo'....the dev is a great VN writer himself with a great VN before this named 'Nothing is Beautiful'...so don't try to discredit him by saying if the VN is trying to be another VN....if you're not insinuating that and saying it as in a love-horror VN yeah it is one but it is different than the literature club
I saw similarities with Doki Doki but those stop at that, similarities.
The psych horror is nice, I devote more attention to spotting the moments when normalcy break than I normally do to anything.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
the art is fantastic, the humor catches me and all, but what I absolutely cant stomach is feeling pressured. And the way the game runs through the script on a predefined course (or seems to) without a way to cheat the days is bothering me to no end. It's not like I'm playing one of those The Black Eye true-rpg games here. I would prefer if the game does not keep track of the wasted days and just runs off affection levels. I'm just at the first monday but so far it looks like everything is preplanned, letting me run into bad ends left and right if i concentrate on certain characters or not talk to others.

Porcinet

Oct 12, 2019
It's good just need something to know when we get all scene with a girl so we can stop griding her.

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I'm just at the first monday but so far it looks like everything is preplanned
Hey! The 'main' story is pre-planned and triggers based off the total days passed, but it's set-up to not ever become burdensome or force players down certain paths, because I'd hate that as well. The work/dorm events are based entirely on affection scores and won't drastically change any of the main story bits, but may add or change dialog in some of them. Patch 0.3.0 sees the first instance of main events that will only happen if yo bring the girls to certain levels. So don't worry about being lead to a bad end! I can promise that there's no rush and that you can view the content for everyone.

instead of making the patreon only post public during the public release, make a separate public release post saying something like 0.2 public version is out
Thanks for this feedback because I was actually thinking the same thing and wasn't sre. I'll post a form public release announcement there later, which I probably should have done in the first place. Also, saw your message about making a Discord and I'm going to try to get one up soon, since people seem interested.

Please start working on animating scenes, I love your style but having animated scenes would make the quality and overall value of the game skyrocket
Trust me, I want them just as much as you do. That was the original vision I had for this game and I'm still working on it. I'm just still trying to figure out how to actually get the animations to work as I can't find a functional png to webm program.

Reactions: Blake639

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
Hey! Click on the "Event Tracker" button on the quick menu (Bottom of the screen). I added that in 0.2.0 and it lets you do just that.
that should be a bigger button at the top of the screen or part of the menu dude...shit's way too small to notice

and I did the first secret event...the one at dorm room no 5 but it still shows it as ???? why?

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
and I did the first secret event...the one at dorm room no 5 but it still shows it as ???? why?
Really? That's strange. Do you know how many days had gone by in your playthrough when you installed the new version? After 24 days, the new game is set to specifically search for if you played that event and then mark it as complete.

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
Really? That's strange. Do you know how many days had gone by in your playthrough when you installed the new version? After 24 days, the new game is set to specifically search for if you played that event and then mark it as complete.
just checked...it was day 47

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
btw how to do the secret event 2...literally have done every other quest and tried every single option that I'm aware of...am I missing something?

Edit: nvm it kinda occured itself like a forced event....

Last edited:

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
it says learn to read! :cautious::ROFLMAO:
That's so weird! I'm looking at the code now and can't figure out why. But something like this is definitely another good reason for Discord. I'd like to know if this is happening to anyone else, because I tested this exact scenario on multiple computers to make sure it worked, since I noticed it not showing up properly during initial testing. Sidenote: I'll DM you about the new secret event to prevent spoilers for people trying to find it on their own

Last edited:
Reactions: Artyom Reaper

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
That's so weird! I'm looking at the code now and can't figure out why. But something like this is definitely another good reason for Discord. I'd like to know if this is happening to anyone else, because I tested this exact scenario on multiple computers to make sure it worked, since I noticed it now showing up properly during initial testing. Sidenote: I'll DM you about the new secret event to prevent spoilers for people trying to find it on their own
oops then I'll remove the probable spoiler I guess...if it is the secret event

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes