alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Can someone help me..
I downloaded the 0.23.0 p2 sex version, compressed, it says it is the sex version in the post, but my games has that "hug" thing and there are no sex scenes at all...
Is it compressed? That one seems to be bugging out, resulting in no scenes.

Rangina

Oct 15, 2019
Is it compressed? That one seems to be bugging out, resulting in no scenes.
Yeah, I mean, it's not buggy, it's the wrong version, the no sex one, this post highlighted in the 1st/main post:

Lessons in Love [v0.23.0 with update Part 2] [Selebus] Sex Version
compressed_.gif

6.66 GB to ≅ 1.28 GB

Download PC/MAC: PIXELDRAIN -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

zgasd

Jul 28, 2019
Okay I did the self destructive thing again and ended up playing instead of sleeping, it gave me goosebumps for like 1/5 of it while making me wanna angrily pounce on stuff, scary moments were good, but I couldn't just leave the hexadecimal and Japanese phrases untranslated so it became a chore to me, characters are interesting and alls, took 5 hours to get the first sex cg (not that I was rushing it) and didn't get anything animated, I am still kinda salt about that last part since one of the reasons I installed the game was for the animated tag, I want to skip the history cuz its taking its tool on me but I found the characters interesting enough to keep dragging me, anyho, anyone knows a page with all the creppy stuff translated/explained so I don't have to keep using a lot of time? my brain is hurting and i have to "wake up" in 3 hours to work, luckly i have Manlybadasshero`s sexy calming voice to keep me alive kek

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, I mean, it's not buggy, it's the wrong version, the no sex one, this post highlighted in the 1st/main post:
Supposedly it actually is the sex version according to earlier comments in the thread. Compressed versions like this are known to have potential side effects and this could be one, it could be that the patch failed because of the compression.

Okay I did the self destructive thing again and ended up playing instead of sleeping, it gave me goosebumps for like 1/5 of it while making me wanna angrily pounce on stuff, scary moments were good, but I couldn't just leave the hexadecimal and Japanese phrases untranslated so it became a chore to me, characters are interesting and alls, took 5 hours to get the first sex cg (not that I was rushing it) and didn't get anything animated, I am still kinda salt about that last part since one of the reasons I installed the game was for the animated tag, I want to skip the history cuz its taking its tool on me but I found the characters interesting enough to keep dragging me, anyho, anyone knows a page with all the creppy stuff translated/explained so I don't have to keep using a lot of time? my brain is hurting and i have to "wake up" in 3 hours to work, luckly i have Manlybadasshero`s sexy calming voice to keep me alive kek
Animation is on repeats of repeatable scenes only so as to allow focus on the writing the first time through. The wiki linked in the first post of the thread and in the game has translations for the non-English parts.

NightPhoenix

Jun 16, 2018
unable to progress beyond the 'My heart is full' event as it immediately goes into what i call the 'semblance of soul' bug where despite no having any of the prerequisites it activates this event breaking the quest chain? does anyone know of a fix or a work around or at least on how to avoid this bug? since the main quest stops progressing once this bug happens. its possible this is a bug from seeing another random event early which i didnt think about too much till now.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Hmm, it's probably just me but I don't remember the happy events this uhh non-scary I guess.
Maybe I just got used to it in the past but the newer ones tend to be bland for what I'm looking for but hey, maybe the next ones will surprise me.

Reactions: crustlord12

KrOyS

Mar 29, 2022
Please tell me how to pass the "Word of the Day" event, or rather the answers to the questions "Grow", I will be very grateful!

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Holy damn didn't know this game got DMCA and taken down on itch until I'm browsing on reddit and saw a post talked about it, is it the reason for the total rework?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The wiki has all the hex/japanese/ROT coded text translated behind a spoiler warning, if you want to go that route.

Sex scenes that happen within the story itself are not animated. You do start unlocking animated scenes a little further in. If you knock on a girls door and you get a list of options, the first one being "Hang out" (advance story/grind affection), then the next one might be "finger" or "tit job", those scenes are animated. THey usually unlock shortly after you do that with that particular girl in a non-animated scene first.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Holy damn didn't know this game got DMCA and taken down on itch until I'm browsing on reddit and saw a post talked about it, is it the reason for the total rework?
Strap yourself in, this gets convoluted.

For quite some time, Selebus has talked about wanting to rework the first chapter of the game, because a large chunk of it doesn't meet his self-set quality standard. He had some conflicting visions of what the project would be at first, and now that he's decided exactly what he wants it to be, he's doing a big cleanup/revision of the early game. That's the rework we're in right now.

HOWEVER, there was a DIFFERENT rework back in January. That was due to Patreon deciding the character models looked too young, so he had to go through and write all the sex scenes out of the game and recreate the game as "Legend of the Huggy Boy" for Patreon, which is why we now have a sex and no-sex version for download here.

What appears to have happened with itch.io is that an ethics group DMCA'd the game last week. This is an all-new wrinkle, and we don't have much more data than that it's an "ethics group" of some sort behind it. Selebus has stated that at least one KK-derived game has been restored to itch.io since the takedown, so it's probably only temporary.

Reactions: nashk

asiandude

Jul 18, 2021
Guys, sorry for being a little noob but can i applied update patch even tho i'm still at v. 0.21.p1? And how about guide mod? does the new version already covered yet?

nashk

Apr 9, 2017
The wiki has all the hex/japanese/ROT coded text translated behind a spoiler warning, if you want to go that route.

Sex scenes that happen within the story itself are not animated. You do start unlocking animated scenes a little further in. If you knock on a girls door and you get a list of options, the first one being "Hang out" (advance story/grind affection), then the next one might be "finger" or "tit job", those scenes are animated. THey usually unlock shortly after you do that with that particular girl in a non-animated scene first.
Does the wiki really have ALL the hex translated? Is there a page for it all? Because there are several events that have hex or foreign languages that are not provided on the wiki pages for those events.

Guys, sorry for being a little noob but can i applied update patch even tho i'm still at v. 0.21.p1? And how about guide mod? does the new version already covered yet?
The guide mod is only updated up to the public release. So if you are downloading the latest release it won't be ready yet.

Reactions: asiandude

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Does the wiki really have ALL the hex translated? Is there a page for it all? Because there are several events that have hex or foreign languages that are not provided on the wiki pages for those events.
Every single case of foreign languages that I've gone to the wiki to check has been translated, and since I don't bother to manually translate those, that's pretty much every case in which it appears.

I can't be quite as certain about the Hex/ROT stuff, because those are much less annoyiing to self-translate.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Applying a patch for a different base version of the game than you're running can cause some pretty wierd errors, so I wouldn't advise it.

Reactions: asiandude

Deleted member 1697433

Lessons in Love
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
Copied from the Discord:

THIS IS AN SOS:
Despite there being literally zero adult content on Patreon, they have randomly decided to delete my page- removing roughly 80% of my income along with it.

I am hereby calling on all patrons to switch over their subscriptions to SubscribeStar because I have absolutely no idea what else to do at the moment.

2022 Has been a year comprised of nothing but headache after headache thus far, but I will not let it dissuade me from continuing to develop the game that brought all of us together.

There is still a chance the Patreon page gets reinstated seeing as I'm allowed an appeal and am fighting it as we speak, but given the service's likelihood to just try and fuck me whenever they please, I no longer encourage anyone to support me through them.

The future of the game depends on this move. I will not be able to keep creating it if I am no longer making a livable wage.

Subscribestar:
Annual Game Pass:

chickenmaid

Oct 9, 2019
I agree, there's no point in appeasing them because they are fickle when it comes to their moral guidelines. Kamuo had to remove an animation because of their drawn face alone, 18+ voice actor have censor their non-visual content, erotic novelists too. Censorship when it comes to fictional content is so arbitrary at times. But Patreon content creators continue get on their knees because money is king.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I agree, there's no point in appeasing them because they are fickle when it comes to their moral guidelines. Kamuo had to remove an animation because of their drawn face alone, 18+ voice actor have censor their non-visual content, erotic novelists too. Censorship when it comes to fictional content is so arbitrary at times. But Patreon content creators continue get on their knees because money is king.
They're enforcing a very different set of terms of use than they have posted lately.

Reactions: forbiddentwo

cebs

Engaged Member
Donor
Compressor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of Lessons in Love v0.23.0 Part 2 (No Sex Version)

Download

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes