Oct 11, 2017
Good, interesting characters - Yumi, Chika, Sana, early Makoto, Rin, Maya
Like them but kinda pointless, low content/doesn't go anywhere - Miku, Molly, Uta, Touka
Dull - Ayane, Futaba, Io, Kirin
Gag side character - Tsuneyo

The game is too long to still be in the "introduce characters and their issues that might become interesting one day" stage but here we are. It's an unwieldy cast list that makes searching for events tiresome, and leaves many girls underdeveloped (not that way) and/or disconnected from anything meaningful that may be perceived as happening. The MC's sadsack, self-indulgent whinging about how he doesn't care to get involved and can't love or smile or whatever starts to get annoying. Maya is justified in being so tired.

When it's good it's very good, and hopefully one day it'll be great. But as many TV shows in the past have shown, it's a lot easier to create the illusion of something great about to happen than to actually answer the questions and satisfy audiences. Teasing conflicts and issues is one thing, letting them play out another. Maybe the next dorm war will be a three-way contest with another wacky-but-shallow troupe of teenage girls?

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Like them but kinda pointless, low content/doesn't go anywhere - Miku, Molly, Uta, Touka

The game is too long to still be in the "introduce characters and their issues that might become interesting one day" stage but here we are. It's an unwieldy cast list that makes searching for events tiresome, and leaves many girls underdeveloped (not that way) and/or disconnected from anything meaningful that may be perceived as happening. The MC's sadsack, self-indulgent whinging about how he doesn't care to get involved and can't love or smile or whatever starts to get annoying. Maya is justified in being so tired.

When it's good it's very good, and hopefully one day it'll be great. But as many TV shows in the past have shown, it's a lot easier to create the illusion of something great about to happen than to actually answer the questions and satisfy audiences. Teasing conflicts and issues is one thing, letting them play out another. Maybe the next dorm war will be a three-way contest with another wacky-but-shallow troupe of teenage girls?
There are several points I disagree with you on here (like your issue with the overall length of the game, it seems), but it's all just opinion on your side and mine, so I can agree to disagree. The reason I had to reply is....

I just need to understand, how in all the world can you find Kirin's character *boring*? She's one of the biggest catalysts for negative impact in the game. Hating her I can totally understand (I don't, but I can understand it), but my brain just can't wrap around finding her *boring*.

Oct 11, 2017
There are several points I disagree with you on here (like your issue with the overall length of the game, it seems), but it's all just opinion on your side and mine, so I can agree to disagree. The reason I had to reply is....

I just need to understand, how in all the world can you find Kirin's character *boring*? She's one of the biggest catalysts for negative impact in the game. Hating her I can totally understand (I don't, but I can understand it), but my brain just can't wrap around finding her *boring*.
I almost forgot about her entirely and left her off the list like a couple of others.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Alex, you're a superfan, whether you think so or not; you live in this thread, you're here every day, you reply to just about every post in giant multi-quote posts, you jump to Sel's defence the second someone says something negative, you paint everything Sel does in the best light possible even when he's being a complete dick, you're panicking for him over this patreon crap... you're a superfan. Sure, you're not so broken in the head you let everything by but god does it take a full court case trial level of evidence and argument to make you move even an inch. This thread is always 'alex and everyone else'. I'm not seeking to start some big fight with you but reading your response to being called a superfan had me saying, out loud, "you're kidding right?". You can go on claiming you're not a superfan if you want, but i guarantee you no one who comes here regularly is buying it.

I don't think you're some horrible person but if you posted about a quarter as much i think you'd better blend into the crowd and lose the title of resident superfan. Not that you will of course, just trying to give you some measure of the distance between where you think you are and where you're perceived by others to be at.
1648851304951.png

jasonmoritz

Nov 14, 2019
does anyone know the answers on how to escape A life of Prizes?
Here you go:

For event 0.23.0 part 2:

Password: Boobies123

Call: 08023231234
Lottery: 157842
Stairs: 85
Fabric: denim
Apostle: Judas
Breathing: 18
Chef: coffee (call tsuneyo)
Bird: Marsh Warbler
Page: 4863
Bathtub gallons: 80
Answer: 4
Solitare age: 1788
Sensei age: 31
Word of the day: perception
Bird brigde: magpie
Color of scarf: green
To fill ink, eat at least 20 squid.
Eat 23 times rice

nashk

Apr 9, 2017
Holy shit, you fucking killed her dude.
That's fascinating to me, because I can agree that outside of her crazy crusade to totally break Ayane, she is a low key character and I would find her boring. But just two scenes with her (admittaby I think they are both missable?) should be enough to cement her as a memorable character.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Version 0.23.0 Part 2 is out! (Subscribestar version)

FULL GAME
PC -
/ /
MAC - / /
---------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE PATCH - / /

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bruh, I'm confused, I downloaded last version compressed with S content and got huggy boy edition instead, like what I supposed to do now, posts are confusing here not telling excatly what to do with compressed versions(or I'm not smart enough to understand). So can someone tell, should I download not comressed ones or there's a way to fix this?

Last edited:
Reactions: crustlord12

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
EDIT: Word from Selebus, recovery is at 60% of lost income, which is honestly insane for the short amount of time the goals have been up. Looks like the patrons moving over (because Patreon has more secure payment options) was not a big concern.

Dare I ask which characters got HAKAI-ed? What were they like?
I'm guessing Chinami?
Basically any character that looks flat or small in the chest and is short. Chinami had a set that got yeeted into the void, for example, and Kirin is another example out of the actual student characters that had one. Not too many had been chosen for one, so the damage done by policies against their body type was not too bad and it will likely be repaired eventually, there's just no idea where or when they will come back. Of course, the only reason I feel this is information I can share is because they aren't even patron exclusive at this point considering even patrons can't access them.

Alex, you're a superfan, whether you think so or not; you live in this thread, you're here every day, you reply to just about every post in giant multi-quote posts, you jump to Sel's defence the second someone says something negative, you paint everything Sel does in the best light possible even when he's being a complete dick, you're panicking for him over this patreon crap... you're a superfan. Sure, you're not so broken in the head you let everything by but god does it take a full court case trial level of evidence and argument to make you move even an inch. This thread is always 'alex and everyone else'. I'm not seeking to start some big fight with you but reading your response to being called a superfan had me saying, out loud, "you're kidding right?". You can go on claiming you're not a superfan if you want, but i guarantee you no one who comes here regularly is buying it.

I don't think you're some horrible person but if you posted about a quarter as much i think you'd better blend into the crowd and lose the title of resident superfan. Not that you will of course, just trying to give you some measure of the distance between where you think you are and where you're perceived by others to be at.
By that first bit of logic, I'm a superfan of over 150 threads as I have that many open 24/7 (my PC stays on except when updating because Microsoft made those mandatory and I don't use the thread watching system on this or any forum).

The reason I defend Selebus is because I have seen no evidence against him. I am a firm believer in applying an evidence first approach, which people in this thread at the time saw in action during the troll incident. If there is no evidence against Selebus specifically, not his community, then of course I will defend him. If, however, there is evidence pointing specifically at Selebus, then and only then will I side against him. Yes, it DOES take full court case levels of evidence, it does for ANY accusation against ANY person, that's just how I am, I don't believe accusations that would not even fly in the easiest of court cases to win.

I panicked, not for him, but for myself. I don't want to see this game get yeeted into the pile of rotting game corpses that Patreon started. I don't want to see any game get that treatment. Of course I'm going to panic when that very issue threatens a game I play. The first time Patreon hit him even had me planning to drop the game entirely just in case he bent the knee and changed the game to suit Patreon's demands and the only reason that never happened is because he didn't bend the knee. I have a no tolerance policy in effect against any developer who does comply with Patreon demands or the wishes of their players to remove content and it very nearly cost me this game the first time.

I don't care if anyone buys it, what's true is true whether they believe it or not, and I am with you on not wanting a fight.

They're underdeveloped, meaning lacking in quantity of content or development, because Selebus isn't writing all of them in every update, something he has said would be a very good way to cause him to burn out.

I agree, I don't find her boring, I find her to be a major cause of issues in universe when there isn't some unknown, 'probably a god' kind of force doing it.

I mean, it isn't and it isn't even necessarily a bad thing, I just don't agree that I am. I find myself at odds with Selebus on certain things too many times to really see where I can count as one (the troll incident probably put me at odds with him assuming he even knows I chewed out one of his other patrons right here, the rework taking out the Ayane scene, etc.).

That's fascinating to me, because I can agree that outside of her crazy crusade to totally break Ayane, she is a low key character and I would find her boring. But just two scenes with her (admittaby I think they are both missable?) should be enough to cement her as a memorable character.
She is fairly tame outside of that, but said crusade is one of those issues that she is a cause of. That said, she did provide a huge development for Ayane's character with the start of that crusade, so she does serve as a driving force for other characters to develop when looking at her from an outside writing standpoint.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Thankfully because this means he doesn't have very many restrictions to work around at all. Sure, he would not be able to preview everything on the Discord, but he has much more freedom without Patreon breathing down his neck.
True, but i meant it more as, he'd be a fucking idiot to continue with patreon if they restore his page, he might need the money but i think the huggy boy crap can be left as a funny footnote and just continue on with the subscribestar version, the true version and hopefully the only version.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
True, but i meant it more as, he'd be a fucking idiot to continue with patreon if they restore his page, he might need the money but i think the huggy boy crap can be left as a funny footnote and just continue on with the subscribestar version, the true version and hopefully the only version.
Yes, yes he would be. Only a fool would continue to use a system that has been abusing them for multiple months. We all know that, even if they were to restore his page, he would just get hit again later when someone else, be it an 'ethics' white knight, a salty former patron who left or was kicked out by force for whatever reason, or a disgruntled former player who either doesn't like the puzzles, doesn't like the 'happy' scenes, or doesn't like the lack of accessibility, inevitably reports the game again in a 'take my ball and go home' kind of response. Selebus would basically be doing the equivalent of getting on his knees and begging Patreon to hurt him more.

I don't mind the huggy boy version so much, that stuff is a riot, but I don't agree with sticking to the abusive relationship going on between this game and Patreon.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Yes, yes he would be. Only a fool would continue to use a system that has been abusing them for multiple months. We all know that, even if they were to restore his page, he would just get hit again later when someone else, be it an 'ethics' white knight, a salty former patron who left or was kicked out by force for whatever reason, or a disgruntled former player who either doesn't like the puzzles, doesn't like the 'happy' scenes, or doesn't like the lack of accessibility, inevitably reports the game again in a 'take my ball and go home' kind of response. Selebus would basically be doing the equivalent of getting on his knees and begging Patreon to hurt him more.

I don't mind the huggy boy version so much, that stuff is a riot, but I don't agree with sticking to the abusive relationship going on between this game and Patreon.

Judging from Selebus's tone on his discord posts, it's clear that Subscribestar is gonna be his main mode of revenue from now on (along with his merch website and that $60 yearly pass).

If Selebus gets his patreon account back, it's possible he'll use it for the extra few bucks, but I'm pretty darn sure Selebus will never rely on it again :)

Hopefully Subscribestar will one day become the preferred indie game platform for all devs...

Also, Selebus got banned from itch.io as well, but he's already recovered 60% of his income from Subscribestar alone. LiL's pretty much immortal at this point; I think this game might go down in history as a cult game with a legion of die-hard fans. Lol.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Judging from Selebus's tone on his discord posts, it's clear that Subscribestar is gonna be his main mode of revenue from now on (along with his merch website and that $60 yearly pass).

If Selebus gets his patreon account back, it's possible he'll use it for the extra few bucks, but I'm pretty darn sure Selebus will never rely on it again :)

Hopefully Subscribestar will one day become the preferred indie game platform for all devs...

Also, Selebus got banned from itch.io as well, but he's already recovered 60% of his income from Subscribestar alone. LiL's pretty much immortal at this point; I think this game might go down in history as a cult game with a legion of die-hard fans. Lol.
Definitely, he doesn't seem like the type to fit the description I mentioned above and it sounds more and more like patrons are flocking to the SubscribeStar with each announcement, which will push him in the direction of sticking to SubscribeStar and just not bothering with Patreon. He has already stated he won't be using Patreon as a primary source again after what they put him through, but I would personally go further and just not use them even as a secondary source.

There is definitely a legion of fans behind this game, fans that won't take crap like what Patreon threw lightly. They've committed a grave offense in our eyes, an unforgivable one. That's why I canceled my account entirely instead of just stopping any money flow.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017

Basically any character that looks flat or small in the chest and is short. Chinami had a set that got yeeted into the void, for example, and Kirin is another example out of the actual student characters that had one. Not too many had been chosen for one, so the damage done by policies against their body type was not too bad and it will likely be repaired eventually, there's just no idea where or when they will come back. Of course, the only reason I feel this is information I can share is because they aren't even patron exclusive at this point considering even patrons can't access them.
Oh, based on how that was originally worded I got the impression that whole character(s) got the axe because of Patreon, rather than just the gravure sets.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Oh, based on how that was originally worded I got the impression that whole character(s) got the axe because of Patreon, rather than just the gravure sets.
No, the characters still existing in the SubscribeStar version and having any nudity or sex is probably why it got axed the second time if I had to guess. Patreon hates when developers post a different, and rule breaking, version on a completely different and totally unaffiliated site to skirt around Patreon rules.

The gravure sets got axed because Discord has a similar ban on their site and Discord is where the sets were hosted. I would actually be surprised if it was legitimately a preemptive move for Selebus to get rid of the gravure sets and make sharing images with those same characters that contain nudity or sex against the rules within the LiL Discord and not in response to Discord finding out and giving Selebus a chance to remove offending content (it has never been definitively stated to my knowledge whether Selebus made the decision to prevent Discord from striking him or if Discord told him to make the changes he did).

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes