alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
i have a few questions if you do not mind
from what i have gathered on this thread is that selebus got banned off of itch.io and patreon, for what reason though?
what exactly is the huggy boy version thingy? i have seen it being mentioned a few times, but i am still left confused as to what it is/or what's different about it
Patreon doesn't allow certain types of content, loli and incest in this case. There are multiple characters that are considered loli in Patreon's eyes, basically any character that can be mistaken as not being 18, and they decide this entirely on body, so even a character that is blatantly 18 is not allowed if they are flat and short. Incest is basically an entire main girl, Ami's, route. Essentially everything about her revolved around an issue that resulted in an incestuous relationship, again not allowed on Patreon. The huggy boy version was a version with ALL sex stripped out, this is also known as the no sex version, but was specifically named "Legend of The Huggy Boy" or something like that (Selebus was pissed, rightly so, so he basically used the huggy boy version to take shots at Patreon and it was glorious for as long as it lasted).

shanii

Jun 27, 2017
Even the most cursory of searches will find them for you.
i really cant, i searched for it before but the only positive searches i got where the official guide, which had no hints or whatsoever or i just didnt find them, and one being the guide on mejoress which didnt harbor any fruits either

RazeSoldier

Feb 3, 2021
Is there anywhere I can find a proper breakdown of this game's story ? I just completed this long ass game yesterday and I still don't understand it well and have a lot of questions. I'll ask some of them off the top of my head.

Why do we seem to blackout a lot around Yumi ? Around everyone else except Maya, they go unnoticed. She doesn't even tell us of our memories like Maya says it causes blackouts. So I'm curious if something's special about her.

On that note, why do we blackout anyways ? Why learning about the past may cause problems, like making us "disappear" in the first place ?

What happened to Makoto in Bluejay ? I was surprised to see her jump, even more surprised to see her come back. Why did she do that ? The reset may have erased the whole event, but shouldn't everything leading up to her feeling suicidal stay ?

What is Yasu's deal ? Maybe it's a problem with me but I just can't understand anything she says, if there's a (deeper) meaning in her speech at all. How much does she know about the events of game, such as the time loop ?

There are a few characters I don't recognize. There's one in the first reset, a girl who looks a lot more anime-ish compared to the rest of the game. There's one in a lot of different events, appearing very briefly as a static flash, I think she had very short grey hair with blue-ish eyes, I don't remember it well. Another one whom we meet at night when we got lost, and later she sells us watermelons at Maya's last event. Who are they ?

What exactly is or was our relationship with Maya ? What happened between us ? Why the two of us are the only people aware of the time loop ? Why does she hate Noriko ? The second beach event had a lot of hints but I couldn't tie them together so I'd appriciate it if someone could tell me the whole story.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Why do we seem to blackout a lot around Yumi ? Around everyone else except Maya, they go unnoticed. She doesn't even tell us of our memories like Maya says it causes blackouts. So I'm curious if something's special about her.

On that note, why do we blackout anyways ? Why learning about the past may cause problems, like making us "disappear" in the first place ?
Maya explains in one event that having too much of the memory jogged at once could cause issues. She even freaks out when it happens at one point. It's why she hates the fact that Noriko's back in the picture.

The fact that it happens a lot around Yumi indicates that there's some history between Yumi and Sensei that we do not yet know about, and it's important. Maya indicates that past versions of Sensei have fooled around with some of the girls in the past, so the reasonable assumption is that Yumi and Sensei were sexually linked in one of the past incarnations of Sensei. And Yumi seems to have a sense that something is off, because she has flat out asked him if he sometimes forgets thing (which immediately prompted him to have one of his blackouts). This is one of the big mysteries of the game, and is currently not explained.

What happened to Makoto in Bluejay ? I was surprised to see her jump, even more surprised to see her come back. Why did she do that ? The reset may have erased the whole event, but shouldn't everything leading up to her feeling suicidal stay ?
Sensei's eyes were closed the entire time, so what we see is somewhat unreliable. Either she never actually jumped, just dreamed of doing it, and was spooked by how close she got to doing it, or she jumped and someone/something intervened to undo it, and the memory of jumping is what caused her to be so spoked between that moment and the next reset.

Either way, she was utterly spooked, and somewhat broken, by the experience, and appears to have no memory of it after the reset.

Another option occurs to me, and that this may be a case of Makoto replaying (in her mind) an event from a past cycle. We do see hints of alternate past events elsewhere. During the second beach events, Sensei encounters a very submissive version of Yumi that bears no resemblance (beyond physical) to the one we see in game. There's speculation that this was a past cycle, that Sensei was remembering a past version of himself seducing her. If that's accurate, than Makoto could have relived an attempted suicide form a past cycle. This, also, would be adequate reason for why she's so spooked by the experience.

There are a few characters I don't recognize. There's one in the first reset, a girl who looks a lot more anime-ish compared to the rest of the game. There's one in a lot of different events, appearing very briefly as a static flash, I think she had very short grey hair with blue-ish eyes, I don't remember it well. Another one whom we meet at night when we got lost, and later she sells us watermelons at Maya's last event. Who are they ?
The first girl is a callback to a prior game Selebus started (Life is Beautiful? Nothing is Beautiful, I can't remember the name). I don't think she has any actual significance beyond that.

The second girl you mentioned is new to us, and we don't know any more about her than you do, aside from the fact that it's entirely possible to never meet her. Her first appearance is dependent upon sleeping with Sara, and her second is dependent upon sleeping with Ami, and since it's possible to avoid both, there may be a route where this character doesn't appear at all.

This is something that will likely to be explored more in Chapter 3, but at the moment, it's one of many unanswered questions. There are still two "side character" spots, so she may get promoted from easter egg to side character next chapter.

What exactly is or was our relationship with Maya ? What happened between us ? Why the two of us are the only people aware of the time loop ? Why does she hate Noriko ? The second beach event had a lot of hints but I couldn't tie them together so I'd appriciate it if someone could tell me the whole story.
They were lovers. This much we know. This is spelled out in Baby Finches.

At one point, before Sensei was a teacher, he was a tutor. Noriko was definitely one of his students, and even after Sensei abandoned Niki, Noriko was still secretly getting lessons from him. At some point, Maya started getting lessons from him as well, possibly because of her friendship with Ami. Whatever happened, they took to each other immediately, and soon after that, Sensei vanished from Noriko's life for the second time (the first being when he left Niki).

Maya is more worried for what Noriko represents than who Noriko is. Noriko knows a massive chunk of Sensei's life that Maya can't account for, and as mentioned above, recallling memories is DANGEROUS, and Noriko appears to be intent on reminding Sensei of ALL of it. This could cause Sensei to lose himself once again and start the process over (something we know has happened numerous times already). Most of the Maya events in chapter 2 are lore-heavy and provide a lot of this context, especially the dangers presented by memory recovery.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Maya explains in one event that having too much of the memory jogged at once could cause issues. She even freaks out when it happens at one point. It's why she hates the fact that Noriko's back in the picture.

Maya is more worried for what Noriko represents than who Noriko is. Noriko knows a massive chunk of Sensei's life that Maya can't account for, and as mentioned above, recallling memories is DANGEROUS, and Noriko appears to be intent on reminding Sensei of ALL of it. This could cause Sensei to lose himself once again and start the process over (something we know has happened numerous times already). Most of the Maya events in chapter 2 are lore-heavy and provide a lot of this context, especially the dangers presented by memory recovery.
Man, the whole hallucination thing is hilarious. I still laugh whenever I rewatch Sensei confusing Maya with a bird.

• Haha
Reactions: doctor123

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
During the second beach events, Sensei encounters a very submissive version of Yumi that bears no resemblance (beyond physical) to the one we see in game. There's speculation that this was a past cycle, that Sensei was remembering a past version of himself seducing her.
Can you remember the exact scene? I want to replay it. I'd just go hunting myself but main events are just a big long list and you clearly know more than i do to help narrow it down at the very least.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Can you remember the exact scene? I want to replay it. I'd just go hunting myself but main events are just a big long list and you clearly know more than i do to help narrow it down at the very least.
I believe it's Torrential Downpour, Child of Man.

The one at the beach bar that Touka has flown in and shit starts to get REALLY weird.

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I believe it's Torrential Downpour, Child of Man.

The one at the beach bar that Touka has flown in and shit starts to get REALLY weird.
I think it might be the one 2 or 3 after it (pluto was never really a planet), where Sensei and Yumi sit down at the beach and discuss shit, before that he seems to switch between seeing several Yumi's. The scene you quoted has Yumi in it but she's like her usual self only more robotic and keeps ending each sentence with 'asshole', not very submissive, but one of the brief flashes of Yumi suggests they get intimate first kissing then something more. If i'm wrong and you did mean torrential downpoor, please elaborate on your statement regarding it as i found it a bit confusing given this new information.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I think it might be the one 2 or 3 after it (pluto was never really a planet), where Sensei and Yumi sit down at the beach and discuss shit, before that he seems to switch between seeing several Yumi's. The scene you quoted has Yumi in it but she's like her usual self only more robotic and keeps ending each sentence with 'asshole', not very submissive, but one of the brief flashes of Yumi suggests they get intimate first kissing then something more. If i'm wrong and you did mean torrential downpoor, please elaborate on your statement regarding it as i found it a bit confusing given this new information.
No, you're right. Parts of the two scenes meshed together in my memory, thanks for calling that out.

The "submissive" reference was to this brief moment:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Since Sensei's perception of reality is severely fraying at this point (evident in both events, which is probably why they got smushed together in my head), it makes me think that he's trying to recall something, which is why I think this is a memory of a past-self, not simply daydream/hallucination.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Wait, what happened to the patreon page exactly?
Terminated, likely because the SubscribeStar version was not the same as the Patreon version, they hate it when developers use other sites to distribute versions that don't comply with Patreon rules.

It's been deleted by Patreon. Selebus is appealing, but I don't know how that's going. He hasn't sounded optimistic in his commentary on the issue.
Judging by past cases, things are not looking good in this regard. He has very little chance of getting the Patreon back as the chance after the first violation is usually the last time and the next time they strike is complete and permanent deletion since no developer wants to just scrap their own vision just because Patreon is offering them another chance if they do (for context, this is according to the message Selebus screencapped, Patreon allows developers to return if, after a period of time without being able to run a Patreon page, they can submit to whatever Patreon says to do and their work passes further review).

Reactions: QuestionTime

RazeSoldier

Feb 3, 2021
They were lovers. This much we know. This is spelled out in Baby Finches.

At one point, before Sensei was a teacher, he was a tutor. Noriko was definitely one of his students, and even after Sensei abandoned Niki, Noriko was still secretly getting lessons from him. At some point, Maya started getting lessons from him as well, possibly because of her friendship with Ami. Whatever happened, they took to each other immediately, and soon after that, Sensei vanished from Noriko's life for the second time (the first being when he left Niki).
But didn't Ami say in one of her events in the dorm room that we never tutored Maya ? That event confused me a lot.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes