gamenok

Aug 4, 2019
It's set for the 1st of July, but it's an estimated date. I can only imagine that it might get postponed, or maybe even released slightly earlier, since he released the date while being in the beginning phase of his entire rework.
If it's actually released on the 1st of July, I assume it's because he does it very intentionally or simply because he's a wizard.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
To shorten this down: Patreon is full of it and go eat a horsedick.
Yes

The next updates is in june right? (or was it july?)
July

It's set for the 1st of July, but it's an estimated date. I can only imagine that it might get postponed, or maybe even released slightly earlier, since he released the date while being in the beginning phase of his entire rework.
If it's actually released on the 1st of July, I assume it's because he does it very intentionally or simply because he's a wizard.
I'm actually expecting another postponement, but you are right, it could go either way depending on what goes on during the rework.

NumbChucker

Aug 26, 2021
Yes

July

I'm actually expecting another postponement, but you are right, it could go either way depending on what goes on during the rework.

On this note he has a very detailed list of every single thing he planned out to do on every single day, over the entire rework period. He is 2.5 days behind schedule about a month and a half into the entire thing, but he also gave himself 15 days to do all the tech and QOL at the end. (some of them are pretty chunky though by the looks of it) That section there is probably going to be the most tumultuous (both in possibly being shorter or longer) and doesn't have any set dates as opposed to everything else.

In other words there is fuckloads of transparency and I trust Sel more than any developer to have entirely respectable reasons to delay.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
On this note he has a very detailed list of every single thing he planned out to do on every single day, over the entire rework period. He is 2.5 days behind schedule about a month and a half into the entire thing, but he also gave himself 15 days to do all the tech and QOL at the end. (some of them are pretty chunky though by the looks of it) That section there is probably going to be the most tumultuous and doesn't have any set dates as opposed to everything else.

In other words there is fuckloads of transparency and I trust Sel more than any developer to have entirely respectable reasons to delay.
As do I, I'm just preparing for more delays just in case due to the size of this revamp. This has to be one of the largest revamps I've seen done by a one man project.

w.iT

Feb 4, 2018
I don't think anyone would mind the delay, Sel has a lot of street cred. As long as it's not Waifu Academy type of situation, all the delays will be expected and easily forgiven.
Please dont bring that name here...its a big fall from grace from when it start out great...

Reactions: alex2011

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I don't think anyone would mind the delay, Sel has a lot of street cred. As long as it's not Waifu Academy type of situation, all the delays will be expected and easily forgiven.
Selebus from his statements comes off as a guy who wants to do this mostly for himself, the money's nice but he clearly has a vision of what he wants this game to be.

It also helps that this Renpy and not Unity or some other shit, it keeps things from taking too long.

(Though i guess people can fuck up renpy games as well, just look at Ecchi Sensei...)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Not in the slightest, actually, I would rather have as much quality as he can put into it.

Selebus from his statements comes off as a guy who wants to do this mostly for himself, the money's nice but he clearly has a vision of what he wants this game to be.

It also helps that this Renpy and not Unity or some other shit, it keeps things from taking too long.

(Though i guess people can fuck up renpy games as well, just look at Ecchi Sensei...)
That is correct, he has said this is a passion project several times, which means everyone and everything else is secondary.

w.iT

Feb 4, 2018
As far as LIL goes as a game, sel is doing very well in story telling/content update beside from the recent stupidly hard puzzle that require heavy backtracking.

jacoasso

Apr 26, 2018
This is going to be an extremely controversial opinion - this game absolutely sucks and I do not understand the amount of love that it gets. I just played through for the 4th time beginning to newest end, and there is very little enjoyment to be had here. For starters, every character is an extremely generic model. Yes, there have been more added with a little 'flair' since the start, but none of them have much of a storyline yet. And anyone that isn't generic doesn't have much development.

Oh, you got this girl that you liked's affection to 50? Guess what? She's still going to be acting the exact same that she did at the very beginning. There will be a few times throughout where you think things are changing, but the next time you talk to her, it will be exactly the same as the last 40 conversations.

The story was good for awhile, but it gets extremely old. 'You're going to reset the world, huh? Oh you're going to do it again? Oh and again?' The whole 'God is dead nothing is real surreal and crazy shit is happening something's buried beneath your feet' schtick was actually really interesting to a point and I was fully invested, but it's gotten incredibly old at this point and I got exhausted from it. The further along you go the more frequently it happens and I just found myself skipping through it all.

Which brings up another point - there are times where you need to recall certain things that were told to you in a 10 million line game. You literally have to read every single line in this crazy-long game to be able to answer to proceed. And you'll be completely stuck if you don't have a save to go back to try to find out the answers. And I'm going to be honest, all of that would all be completely forgivable, except there are MISSABLE EVENTS. So beyond all of these things that you're juggling, you have to be constantly checking walkthroughs or wikis to make sure you're on the right track. This is straight up a not fun game to play.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: crustlord12

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
And anyone that isn't generic doesn't have much development.
I won't be able understand this part of your criticism without you explaining what kinds of things constitute "development" in your eyes.

In my eyes, every character has gone through development. Even characters that haven't had a whole lot of events (like Yasu, for instance) have got a nice little chunk of development.

The ways I define significant development, FYI, are:
- Significant changes in a character's core personality
- Significant changes in a character's relationships or feelings towards other characters
- Deeper aspects or different sides of a character's personality beyond their surface-level traits being explored.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
This is going to be an extremely controversial opinion - this game absolutely sucks and I do not understand the amount of love that it gets. I just played through for the 4th time beginning to newest end, and there is very little enjoyment to be had here. For starters, every character is an extremely generic model. Yes, there have been more added with a little 'flair' since the start, but none of them have much of a storyline yet. And anyone that isn't generic doesn't have much development. Oh, you got this girl that you liked's affection to 50? Guess what? She's still going to be acting the exact same that she did at the very beginning. The story was good for awhile, but it gets extremely old. 'You're going to reset the world, huh? Oh you're going to do it again? Oh and again?' The whole 'God is dead nothing is real surreal and crazy shit is happening something's buried beneath your feet' schtick was actually really interesting to a point, but it's incredibly old at this point and I got exhausted from it. The further along you go the more it happens and I just found myself skipping through it all, which brings up another point - there are times where you need to recall certain things that were told to you in a 10 million line game. You literally have to read every single line in this crazy-long game to be able to answer to proceed. And you'll be completely stuck if you don't have a save to go back to try to find out the answers. And I'm going to be honest, all of that would all be completely forgivable, except there are MISSABLE EVENTS. So beyond all of these things that you're juggling in this trashheap, you have to be constantly checking walkthroughs or wikis to make sure you're on the right track. This is straight up a not fun game to play.
All of the girls have changed in some way in my playthrough perhaps there's not enough lewds for you? This isn't that type of game the dev will tell you that. I agree with you about the backtracking though...and please for the love of GOD God use paragraphs.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
This is going to be an extremely controversial opinion - this game absolutely sucks and I do not understand the amount of love that it gets. I just played through for the 4th time beginning to newest end, and there is very little enjoyment to be had here. For starters, every character is an extremely generic model. Yes, there have been more added with a little 'flair' since the start, but none of them have much of a storyline yet. And anyone that isn't generic doesn't have much development. Oh, you got this girl that you liked's affection to 50? Guess what? She's still going to be acting the exact same that she did at the very beginning. The story was good for awhile, but it gets extremely old. 'You're going to reset the world, huh? Oh you're going to do it again? Oh and again?' The whole 'God is dead nothing is real surreal and crazy shit is happening something's buried beneath your feet' schtick was actually really interesting to a point, but it's incredibly old at this point and I got exhausted from it. The further along you go the more it happens and I just found myself skipping through it all, which brings up another point - there are times where you need to recall certain things that were told to you in a 10 million line game. You literally have to read every single line in this crazy-long game to be able to answer to proceed. And you'll be completely stuck if you don't have a save to go back to try to find out the answers. And I'm going to be honest, all of that would all be completely forgivable, except there are MISSABLE EVENTS. So beyond all of these things that you're juggling in this trashheap, you have to be constantly checking walkthroughs or wikis to make sure you're on the right track. This is straight up a not fun game to play.
No, you don't, you do have the option of writing important details down the first time so as to not have to go back or to have to remember (at this point, I have an entire notebook for this game alone for things that stood out as potentially important). Then there is also the replay function specifically added both to allow replays as the name suggests and to allow players to go back to important events at any time without losing progress. The skipping part might be your problem, skipping is an extremely bad thing to do in this game, you are likely to get yourself stuck doing that because, yes, the text does give important things you will need later.

The game simply is not for you.

I won't be able understand this part of your criticism without you explaining what kinds of things constitute "development" in your eyes.

In my eyes, every character has gone through development. Even characters that haven't had a whole lot of events (like Yasu, for instance) have got a nice little chunk of development.

- Significant changes in a character's relationships or feelings towards other characters
- Deeper aspects or different sides of a character's personality beyond their surface-level traits being explored.
If I had to guess based on the vast majority of users and what site we are on, sex scenes is what he means. Remember that there is a prevalence of sex centered games that leads to a sex centered mindset as far as what the majority of people want from a game on this site. This game goes completely against that mindset, so anyone with that mindset would see few sex scenes as lack of development even in a game that is story centered with a side of sex. Generally speaking, you are correct in what constitutes development.

All of the girls have changed in some way in my playthrough perhaps there's not enough lewds for you? This isn't that type of game the dev will tell you that. I agree with you about the backtracking though...and please for the love of GOD God use paragraphs.
Will tell users that and HAS on multiple occasions.

jacoasso

Apr 26, 2018
Well noted - updated my comment. And it has nothing to do with lewds, I was loving the story for a long time. But it hits a point where, like I mentioned, it becomes exhausting. For every step forward one character takes, 3 characters take 2 steps back. I understand that may be someone's cup of tea.

jacoasso

Apr 26, 2018

You know what? You're absolutely right. I was sitting here, trying to find a way to refute, and I cannot. They all have. I guess this all stems back to A) me not being a very patient person and B) always wanting everyone to be happy. I finished the most recent update and just felt, empty. And I didn't like that. But maybe that's the point. I withdraw my criticism. Thank you for the response.

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
You know what? You're absolutely right. I was sitting here, trying to find a way to refute, and I cannot. They all have. I guess this all stems back to A) me not being a very patient person and B) always wanting everyone to be happy. I finished the most recent update and just felt, empty. And I didn't like that. But maybe that's the point. I withdraw my criticism. Thank you for the response.
Would "the plot and character's arcs don't really have distinct beginnings/middles/ends to them, everything just very gradually moves forward all at once in one big morass so the story rarely ever leaves you satisfied/fulfilled" describe your frustrations with it? Like you're climbing 20+ mountains and it barely ever feels like you've hit a checkpoint, let alone a peak?
Because that's kinda what I'm picking up from what your saying, and I can certainly agree that that is how LiL feels, even if it's not something I particularly mind myself.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes