Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
The difference is subtle: Sensei's voice changes sometimes, such that his lines appear to come from an omniscient narrator rather than from the protagonist's monologues. In particular, this happens during Happy Scenes. At first I put it down to Selebus attempting to convey trauma or just playing with the fourth wall, in which case the exploration of the depravity of a traumatized man or of religious themes would be legitimate and interesting topics. However, the voice (the way in which the speech is structured) is too inconsistent to represent trauma or a divine presence, so I can only attribute it to an omniscient narrator: Selebus himself.
Ehhh I don't find that train of thought very convincing. Saying it's Selebus' direct voice simply because you think you ruled out the other options you thought of isn't all that strong an argument.
I think it's more likely we simply don't have the information to accurately parse a lot of that.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi,

It seems that all compressed versions are Huggy Boy versions. Does anybody know how to convert it to NSFW version?
You would need to find a source for the following folders, as these folders contain the files that differentiate Huggy Boy and LiL.

/game/scripts/subscribestar
/game/images/subscribestar

There used to be a patch that added these files, but since it hasn't been relevant for several months, it's no longer updated and I don't think it's even located here anymore.

Apr 2, 2018
Ehhh I don't find that train of thought very convincing. Saying it's Selebus' direct voice simply because you think you ruled out the other options you thought of isn't all that strong an argument.
I think it's more likely we simply don't have the information to accurately parse a lot of that.
Let's go from that then (and I don't mean to be condescending, it is genuine interest). Let me assume that you concede I have effectively ruled out the options I could think of, and let's assume for the sake of argument that it is not, in fact, Selebus' voice. Can you offer a plausible alternative I did not bring up?

I'm willing to concede that I may not have picked up on what Selebus actually meant the extraneous voices to be; I've mentioned before that I'm not the best when it comes to abstract symbology. But then, if no other plausible alternatives can be derived from what we already know, what we're left with is either 1) an error in argument or 2) an error in story-telling.

1) The extraneous voices are meant to explore philosophical or religious themes. In this case, if no plausible premise can be found, Selebus can be assumed to be making arguments without telling us his premise. If we don't have the premise, the arguments are just ramblings without meaning, and to say that "we don't have the information yet" is no excuse, since for an argument to depend on a premise that is granted only so late into the discourse is just an insult to the audience.

2) The extraneous voices are a plot device for the story. In this case, there not being a plausible alternative again means that Selebus is expecting us to show interest in something solely for the fancy wordplay of it, rather than for what it might imply to the story. Again, that just ends up as rambling. The only way to do this effectively would be to give us viable red herrings to keep our interest and allow for a stronger plot twist when he does reveal it later.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Again, I'm willing to grant that I just blatantly missed some obvious cues to plausible alternative explanations. But should that not be the case, the argument that we don't currently have enough information doesn't hold up against the quality of his writing elsewhere, or against the basic expectations an audience can have towards a story-teller. The sorry excuses for philosophical musings that Sensei will sometimes have just don't hold even close to the same level of quality as the rest of the story-telling, and just don't seem to be things you might reasonably expect from a person in his circumstance, especially given, as I mentioned before, how inconsistent they are depending on which character he is dealing with. It's almost like Sensei is just molding into a different character over which to develop each of the female characters, which are the ones given a legitimate level of depth.

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
Let's go from that then (and I don't mean to be condescending, it is genuine interest). Let me assume that you concede I have effectively ruled out the options I could think of, and let's assume for the sake of argument that it is not, in fact, Selebus' voice. Can you offer a plausible alternative I did not bring up?
1) I didn't actually think you ruled out the "divine presence", sorry if my wording was a bit deceiving.
I didn't think you ruled it out based on the speech/voice being inconsistent because are we sure there is only one "divine presence" that's delivering these narrations? Much of what happens in the story suggests multiple entities messing with his head (or directly speaking to him), so why not of these presences?

2) It's a half concession, and this is the one I find most likely.
It *is* Selebus's voice, but not at the present moment in time. Selebus is writing from perspective his younger and more ignorant self, the ramblings /deliberately/ shallow, for contrast. As you have said, the writing for the girls feels more legitimately deep, so the girls own journeys are acting like a rejection what is said in those ramblings. Heck, I felt Ayane in the latest update's content really embodied that.

It also helps that "navel-gazey ramblings that contrast the themes of the work in the end" is something that's present in the works LiL is blatantly inspired from, so to me this isn't a much of a wild guess.

bobvilla123

Jul 12, 2022
yeah im 100% fine with it. Just have a small question. was there any choice that made you had to choose one of the girls and you picked chika? cuz somehow the events between us and her just so much more affectionate or it just because the script was built like that and we still following the story?
I don't recall any particular betrayals, saveeditonline should allow the reversal of any choices I made with specific girls. I havent been using any walkthrough for this so its a boring playthrough where mistakes are likely guaranteed.

I know some key decision have cheat codes. I will add them here. If you're past christmas they may not work.

Kisz26

May 17, 2021
What the hell the hug fucking means? Do PC version differ in android version.. Kinda annoying.. And is the game only 3dcg? Or have its animated? And do the latest version work with Joiplay?

The MC pretty cold.. It irritates me..

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
What the hell the hug fucking means? Do PC version differ in android version.. Kinda annoying.. And is the game only 3dcg? Or have its animated? And do the latest version work with Joiplay?

The MC pretty cold.. It irritates me..
For a few months, there were two versions of the game. A Patreon-friendly version called Legend of the Huggy boy with no sexual content whatsoever, and the normal version (available through Subscribestar). The core of the game was the same between them, there were just a couple of folders that made the game the normal version if they're present, and if they're missing the game runs as Legend of the Huggy Boy.

Patreon shut the game down, so there's no longer a Huggy Boy version update. But if you remove those two Subscribestar folders, you wind up with Huggy Boy.

For some reason, the PC compressed and Android versions are missing those folders. So when you run them, you get Huggy Boy.

Huggy Boy has no sex content at all. Lessons in Love has static sex scenes when you encounter them as part of the story, but the repeatable scenes are animated.

If you want to run the normal version on Android, you'll need to download the full version and run it through Joiplay.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
However, the voice (the way in which the speech is structured) is too inconsistent to represent trauma or a divine presence, so I can only attribute it to an omniscient narrator: Selebus himself.
Can you tell me more about why you ruled out other possibilities? I think that at this point there are two things that are clear - there are several different narrators (and Sensei also narrates sometimes, but that's beside the point), and at least one of them is Sekai/Teacher/SiL. I don't think there are any places where we can say that the narrator can only be Selebus.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
For a few months, there were two versions of the game. A Patreon-friendly version called Legend of the Huggy boy with no sexual content whatsoever, and the normal version (available through Subscribestar). The core of the game was the same between them, there were just a couple of folders that made the game the normal version if they're present, and if they're missing the game runs as Legend of the Huggy Boy.

Patreon shut the game down, so there's no longer a Huggy Boy version update. But if you remove those two Subscribestar folders, you wind up with Huggy Boy.

For some reason, the PC compressed and Android versions are missing those folders. So when you run them, you get Huggy Boy.

Huggy Boy has no sex content at all. Lessons in Love has static sex scenes when you encounter them as part of the story, but the repeatable scenes are animated.

If you want to run the normal version on Android, you'll need to download the full version and run it through Joiplay.
The reason is the folders are removed when rebuilt. In options.rpy, remove the build.classify lines relating to subscribestar folders.
I've got an Android build in the gallery mod thread.

Castelier

Oct 7, 2021
I don't recall any particular betrayals, saveeditonline should allow the reversal of any choices I made with specific girls. I havent been using any walkthrough for this so its a boring playthrough where mistakes are likely guaranteed.

I know some key decision have cheat codes. I will add them here. If you're past christmas they may not work.

what does betray rin mean?

MSPA Judge

Dec 21, 2019
Not sure if that was a dark joke or just an unfortunate coincidental wording.
The latter. I truly didn't know, it was incredibly shocking to me, especially as the dev is all about accepting the craziness in the character settings and attributes so I wasn't in the mood to joke though if someone can see a bright side to this then there's no reason I should drag others into my own misery. Chuckle on.

Kisz26

May 17, 2021

Ahh that's why.. Thanks for info. It weirded me out why the sex scene with ayane is not being shown.. Even the repeatable.. I stopper playing it after that event.. 6gb is a lot but meh.. I want to play it with animated scenes.. Not just some 3dcg..

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Ahh that's why.. Thanks for info. It weirded me out why the sex scene with ayane is not being shown.. Even the repeatable.. I stopper playing it after that event.. 6gb is a lot but meh.. I want to play it with animated scenes.. Not just some 3dcg..
Yup. If you get the versioning right, after you have sex with Ayane in a story event, when you knock on her door at the dorms, you'll have an option for an animated scene (and repeating those raises her Lust score, which will be needed to unlock more story content down the line).

Note for when you get caught up: The animated scenes usually lag behind the story scene by an update or two.

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Is there anything that shows the affection level required for events? The guide mod in this game seems really bad.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Even the wiki doesn't do a good job here. It lists out events for each character, but doesn't provide a needed affection level. The only criteria I see here is a minimum day number.
On the right side of each event's page, there's a box that include a section titled "Technical Information"

This is a list of which flags and values have to be present.

1660586114606.png

Sometimes the "how to unlock" section in the main body repeats this, sometimes it doesn't. If there's not a value listed, it shouldnt' have one -- unless it was added in the rework, as I don't know if the old events were updated to meet the reworks revised requirements. I don't think affection requirements were tweaked, just "must have seen event" requirements.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes