Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Got to say, it is not fun missing content because of some innocuous decision that you made the better part of a year ago.
It's just bad game design.
You won't find much disagreement here, outside of the sycophantic discord most people just want to enjoy the game and not get trolled but it is what it is, backup saves are very important for this game unfortunately. That and editing software like the universal renpy mod.

Reactions: kanekigantaix

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
You won't find much disagreement here, outside of the sycophantic discord most people just want to enjoy the game and not get trolled but it is what it is, backup saves are very important for this game unfortunately. That and editing software like the universal renpy mod.
I actually do disagree somewhat, I feel like some diversity in events adds a lot of character to the game. It means our choices have a small amount of impact on the story and plot of the game and I very much appreciate that. That's not to say the games is without its problems, It certainly has a few, but I don't think have consequences to some choices is one of them.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
I actually do disagree somewhat, I feel like some diversity in events adds a lot of character to the game. It means our choices have a small amount of impact on the story and plot of the game and I very much appreciate that. That's not to say the games is without its problems, It certainly has a few, but I don't think have consequences to some choices is one of them.
I don't really mind being able to miss events either but I do wish that since the game is designed that way, more events that aren't necessarily crucial to the story would be possible to be missed too. Certain lust events being tied to main story progression is pretty annoying. It's also annoying that the goodhomie/badhomie and yumiknows paths are both tied to Chika and rely on Sensei doing things in a particular order, but then there's nothing really like that for anyone else

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I actually do disagree somewhat
As i said, "you won't find much disagreement". I am well aware there are still people outside of the discord that support this way of doing things, even i don't mind some of the more controversial choices, i just have a strong hatred for shit like this not being telegraphed properly and the dev's attitude to that being nothing more than "sucks to be you". If the only way to play your game 'right' and see all scenes requires you to go outside the game to learn of the traps and pitfalls then your game needs better telegraphing. I mean, seriously, where in the game does it say you should talk to Yumi before going to the onsen with Chika? I could happily accept it being a natural consequence of just playing the game but then it should trigger a full alternate scene, not lead to a crossed out missed scene, that's a shitty result from purely innocent, natural gameplay.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
It's also annoying that the goodhomie/badhomie and yumiknows paths are both tied to Chika and rely on Sensei doing things in a particular order, but then there's nothing really like that for anyone else
It is weird that both major events that affect the story are tied to chika, and if I remember right the game actually tells you to visit yumi before the hot springs event But if you follow the games advice you missed the new lude scene that just happened so I definitely see your point.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
and if I remember right the game actually tells you to visit yumi before the hot springs event
It actually does? When/where/how? I have no memory of it and cannot imagine how it would go, it's been a very very long time since that part of the game was the new toy on the playground.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Bleh, well i retract my previous complaint regarding the yumiknows flag being completely invisible.
There's every possibility I may be conflating it with something else (possibly the beach trip with Makoto and Miku). My memory is shit these days, and I'm still rebuilding my save file after I overwrote the old one like a dumbass. I guess I'll find out when i get to that point (again)

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
There's every possibility I may be conflating it with something else (possibly the beach trip with Makoto and Miku). My memory is shit these days, and I'm still rebuilding my save file after I overwrote the old one like a dumbass. I guess I'll find out when i get to that point (again)
Cool, @ me if you do see it, i prefer not to spout bullshit and instead know the truth about things.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
Bingoogus The exact quote is:
"Congratulations! You can now go on a special trip with Chika!"
"Things like this might happen every once in a while because you’re a super awesome, super likable guy who lights up the room just by walking in."
"To go on this trip, call Chika in the morning."
"But, before that, you might want to pay her roommate a visit."
then it should trigger a full alternate scene,
It does, though. Yumi just saying "fuck off" to blackmail and storming off was a great alternate scene. Really scratched that "why don't they just explain things" urge that appears every time I see the blackmail trope in fiction. Just because it doesn't explicitly replace the crossed-out event doesn't make it non-existent.
But if you follow the games advice you missed the new lude scene that just happened so I definitely see your point.
Hm? It's the other way around. If you get "Abyss" before onsen trip, yumiknows is set to false and thus you get "Things That Hurt".

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
The exact quote is:
Thank you kindly.
It does, though.
It does but not in the way i mean, like, yes it's an alternate 'scene' but it's essentially just an off-ramp to the scene, you end up with a red crossed-out missed scene in the replay screen rather than a full alternate version of the same scene. Like, mechanically i found that off-ramp mini-scene really satisfying, (go Yumi!), but i was pissed it led to a strikethrough on the following scene and cause Selebus is a monumental troll, you just know any missed scene is going to become a problem at some point like badhomie did, even the quote you quoted says you should talk to Yumi first, those who didn't are going to wish they had at some point.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
you just know any missed scene is going to become a problem at some point like badhomie did
That is a very arguable conclusion. I mean, yeah, Yumi knowing about the extent of Sensei's relationship with Chika probably will cause complications for his relationship with the former - there is a reason I avoid it on my save - but that's not because a scene was missed, it's because Yumi knows about the extent of Sensei's relationship with Chika. For example, not fucking Haruka might well be "better", even though it misses a bunch of events.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
That is a very arguable conclusion. I mean, yeah, Yumi knowing about the extent of Sensei's relationship with Chika probably will cause complications for his relationship with the former - there is a reason I avoid it on my save - but that's not because a scene was missed, it's because Yumi knows about the extent of Sensei's relationship with Chika. For example, not fucking Haruka might well be "better", even though it misses a bunch of events.
Well, of course it might be, but we have no way to know, all we have to measure this stuff is events being flagged as missed and the fact that Selebus is completely unsympathetic to people just wanting to play the game and not have their time wasted by missing some tiny but crucial details buried in the long monologues of philosophical fluff. I'm not saying whether he's right or wrong to make his game this way but for those of us who just want to enjoy the game and not get tripped up we have to work with what we have and thus missed scenes have to be assumed to be bad news, whether they turn out to be or not. Until it is otherwise revealed to be a false assumption to make, it's the safest choice.

Reactions: okokok

theblasbla

Feb 2, 2018
GOOD GOD, that Haruka scene. I usually dislike "poetry" with my NTR(if you know what I mean), but I certainly do enjoy this actual poetry.

It was beautiful. Exhilarating.

Edit: Just did a morning visit to Haruka at the cafe right afterwards, and I have to say the attention to detail is impressive.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Well, of course it might be, but we have no way to know, all we have to measure this stuff is events being flagged as missed and the fact that Selebus is completely unsympathetic to people just wanting to play the game and not have their time wasted by missing some tiny but crucial details buried in the long monologues of philosophical fluff. I'm not saying whether he's right or wrong to make his game this way but for those of us who just want to enjoy the game and not get tripped up we have to work with what we have and thus missed scenes have to be assumed to be bad news, whether they turn out to be or not. Until it is otherwise revealed to be a false assumption to make, it's the safest choice.
Selebus is just enough of a troll that the red strikethrough may be the optimal path and we don't know it yet.

The playthrough I'm working on now was intended to be a bad homie/yumi knows/good uncle playthrough, but it got saved over my old save before any of those decisions were made. I still intend to maintain both saves, one with all content available and one making the "bad" choices (the ones that lock away content), because I'm curious to see what the long-term ramifications of those decisions are. IIRC, Selebus is STILL writing alt-dialogue for Bad Homie, and he's not gonna go through that effort if it's not relevant somehow.

• Thinking Face

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Ami's event "Heaven for Human Blood" has left me a bit confused. Iirc, this is the first time we've seen Ami act like this, where it seems like her and Sensei are in a happy event but they're both fully conscious. I wonder how/if that ties into anything in some way or has any greater ramifications. She has crossed out lines about wanting to talk about wires and what happens after we die, and then she goes on this tangent about Sensei having never tutored Maya and that maybe someone is manipulating his memories.. and it's all just so weird.

I'm curious what the common interpretation for this event is. I noticed that in the wiki, there is no actual event description for it, but it does make note that the event title and the alternative title for if you miss it are both references to William Blake's poem 'Auguries of Innocence'. I'm not really sure what to make of all of that. Maya and Noriko both confirm that Sensei tutored her, and I'm pretty sure that future events have confirmed that as well, so how would Maya have gotten acquainted with Ami if not through Sensei? And why did they hide their knowledge of each other from Ami? Was is just because they were in a relationship? But then even passed that, where does Maya even come from? And also, what might Ami be referencing when she suggest that something bad might have happened to Sensei that he was hiding from her? Perhaps it was him getting Maya pregnant?

So many questions lol. This event really creeped me the fuck out and made me question a lot of things about the story that I thought I was beginning to truly figure out now that I'm on my second playthrough.

• Thinking Face

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Ami's event "Heaven for Human Blood" has left me a bit confused. Iirc, this is the first time we've seen Ami act like this, where it seems like her and Sensei are in a happy event but they're both fully conscious. I wonder how/if that ties into anything in some way or has any greater ramifications. She has crossed out lines about wanting to talk about wires and what happens after we die, and then she goes on this tangent about Sensei having never tutored Maya and that maybe someone is manipulating his memories.. and it's all just so weird.

I'm curious what the common interpretation for this event is. I noticed that in the wiki, there is no actual event description for it, but it does make note that the event title and the alternative title for if you miss it are both references to William Blake's poem 'Auguries of Innocence'. I'm not really sure what to make of all of that. Maya and Noriko both confirm that Sensei tutored her, and I'm pretty sure that future events have confirmed that as well, so how would Maya have gotten acquainted with Ami if not through Sensei? And why did they hide their knowledge of each other from Ami? Was is just because they were in a relationship? But then even passed that, where does Maya even come from? And also, what might Ami be referencing when she suggest that something bad might have happened to Sensei that he was hiding from her? Perhaps it was him getting Maya pregnant?

So many questions lol. This event really creeped me the fuck out and made me question a lot of things about the story that I thought I was beginning to truly figure out now that I'm on my second playthrough.
Assumption (but good one i guess):
Because Ami is jealouse.
When they were rotting away in their apartment, she took care of Sensei, although she felt just as bad.

For what ever reason (maybe once i knew), Sensei starts tutoring Maya and Noriko.
I guess it was mainly because of Maya, but also doing something again, that made Sensei starting to feel better.
Ami realised that Sensei got better and that it wasn't her caring alone or at all anymore.
And so, out of jealousy, she "decides" that the tutoring never happened and Sensei felt better alone by her taking care of him.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes