mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
For all the complaints we can have about the author, i really liked how Ayane has progressed throughout the game, she went from being someone that i found too overbearing to someone that has visibly matured to the point where i just want the game to throw her a bone.

Bonus points for Ami being certifiably insane, after that latest convo with her and Ayane i've no doubt in my mind that she'd probably straight up kill someone who got in her way.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
For all the complaints we can have about the author, i really liked how Ayane has progressed throughout the game, she went from being someone that i found too overbearing to someone that has visibly matured to the point where i just want the game to throw her a bone
For the most part, I like his writing. Sometimes it gets a bit pretentious and up its own ass, but I am quite intrigued in the story and the characters and I definitely want to see how it goes, and I do think the characters have all had good moments of developments (some more than others but huge cast so makes sense).

that she'd probably straight up kill someone who got in her way
I am 100% confident in saying she will kill someone at some point. At least once.

Reactions: jamyong and akselx

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
For all the complaints we can have about the author, i really liked how Ayane has progressed throughout the game, she went from being someone that i found too overbearing to someone that has visibly matured to the point where i just want the game to throw her a bone.
Yeah, she definitely went from character I don't care for to being one of my favorites.
I am 100% confident in saying she will kill someone at some point. At least once.
I'll do you one better and suggest that she probably have killed someone already.

Reactions: crustlord12

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That's not the first time he got "carried" into the past like this, just the first time he stuck there and with others too. Maybe he felt deep regret and wanted a do over? So he went to "previous summer", before a lot of fucked up shit happend. We'll probably see him do the same mistakes in next updates.
Was he sent backwards in time, or did he glitch for two full months?

The next update is "Christmas on the Beach" after all.

Reactions: crustlord12

pp25

Apr 7, 2019
well that was... stupid. download the game instantly notice change in art on the opening screen, load my save, game crashes and tries to start me at a new game.
Did you try just downloading the update patch? Same thing happened to me when I downloaded 0.27, but worked fine when updating 0.26p3.

Jul 17, 2019
His attitude is insane. I went from supporting the project to no longer giving it money because he can't shut up and can't stop himself from attacking people constantly. They even had to take control of this thread away from him.
small correction, he asked for the thread to be removed from him

I stopped supporting him because it's ludicrous to consider $5/month the "cost" of a game that when completed will only be worth $30 max.
This is kinda weird ngl, you're saying all the time and effort he puts into writing/posing/etc doesn't "cost" anything when it literally costs hours upon hours of time. Are you saying all the time he puts into making the game is worthless? From what I've seen in probably close to 2 years is that he works almost always 7 days a week, at many hours a day. He probably puts more hours into making the game/custom requests etc than most people do in their full time job.
He's pretty much a crowdfunded visual story writer. Stopping supporting someone whose content you enjoy because they don't "spend" enough of the money they make is up there on the stupidest reasons I've seen people stop their support.

so what tier gives the care package?
$5+

Last edited:

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
small correction, he asked for the thread to be removed from him

This is kinda weird ngl, you're saying all the time and effort he puts into writing/posing/etc doesn't "cost" anything when it literally costs hours upon hours of time. Are you saying all the time he puts into making the game is worthless? From what I've seen in probably close to 2 years is that he works almost always 7 days a week, at many hours a day. He probably puts more hours into making the game/custom requests etc than most people do in their full time job.
He's pretty much a crowdfunded visual story writer. Stopping supporting someone whose content you enjoy because they don't "spend" enough of the money they make is up there on the stupidest reasons I've seen people stop their support.
I'm pretty sure Selebus didn't do that. Seeing as he complained about it for days afterwards, both here and a lot more on discord. If he did end up asking for the thread to be taken away from him, the fact he complained afterwards is comical. But again I don't think he did that at all.

And I don't think you understood what Vehemental meant. If you pay $5 a month, eventually it goes far beyond what the actual value of the game would be. That is what their reason was, not whatever you said. The work that Selebus puts into it does not change that. Also, 1 custom screenshot from him costs $50 so bringing that up is counter productive to the point you're trying to make.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Crowdfunding support isn't the "cost" of something. Patronage doesn't buy you the content a creator produces, it supports them personally in their endeavor of creating it because you want it to exist, regardless of the price. If the game is completed, and let's say in some alternative universe it gets posted for sale on Steam, how much do you think it would sell for? Granted, it will be huge and might have a good story, but the graphics are from 2010 and the gameplay is... limited, at best. $20? $30? Any more would be preposterous. Let's say it takes 10 years to complete, which he has said is a distinct possibility (so that's 2030, with, again, 2010 graphics). A founding patron will have shelled out $600 in that time frame. Is the game "worth" $600? Absolutely not. No game is worth that much or has ever been worth that much on the mass market. It's only "worth" that much to super fans.

99% of the gaming industry operates on the principle that the money is only made either in anticipation of or after the game's completion (unless you're Bethesda). Before crowdfunding, indie game developers put in all that work with zero recompense. Crowdfunding is a godsend for the industry, but you're not paying for the game, you're paying to support the game in the form of an investor who won't see any return after it's sale.

A month's worth of updates aren't worth $5. Getting them 2 weeks early isn't worth $5 either. Posting them 2 weeks early for $5/month patrons is perfectly fine for a creator to do, but getting as assmad as he has that one of those patrons decides to share that content is megalomaniacal, greedy, and entitled, especially when you already earn enough to live very comfortably - better than 99% of his patrons - given the entire "development budget" consists of his salary and licensing music.

The guy wants to buy a Lambo or something and is biting the hands that literally feed him because he's let his success go straight to his head, and it's not enough for him. It will never be enough for him, he'd be complaining just as loudly at twice the amount of support. This is what money and success does to a lot people.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019
getting as assmad as he has that one of those patrons decides to share that content is megalomaniacal, greedy, and entitled, especially when you already earn enough to live very comfortably
It's literally still theft though. It's his property, he is allowed to get mad about it if he wants. If there was no public release at all, yeah I could see that. The fact that people are taunting him going "Lololol I got ur game for free 2 weeks early get rekt bozo piracy4lyf hehehe" and he gets mad about it, is well within his right. This isn't some communist USSR shit where "This is your property, don't you mean OUR property??". He owns the game. If people pirate it, it takes away potential income from him, which literally means it's theft.
I personally don't care, I download games, try them, and if they are worth support, I support them. If not, I will either put them in a "maybe try again in the future" or in a "not for me" folder and not support them. I don't think that's the type of piracy that bothers anyone. It's the ones that blatantly keep bragging about pirating something in the developers face, begging for updates as soon as the new update drops. And if you can't understand how someone can get angry at that, you're beyond delusional.

Let's say it takes 10 years to complete, which he has said is a distinct possibility (so that's 2030, with, again, 2010 graphics). A founding patron will have shelled out $600 in that time frame. Is the game "worth" $600? Absolutely not. No game is worth that much or has ever been worth that much on the mass market. It's only "worth" that much to super fans.
This is very stupid. Lets take a look at light novels. A light novel has on average around 50.000 words. They sell digital for around $10, and paperback usually around $13-15. Since paperback costs money to produce, lets take the digital version.
If this game (at 23p2) had been a light novel, it would have 26ish volumes. 26 volumes in 2 years is already unheard of. Usually series that go that long are already going for 6+ years. That's 2 years, 24 months, at 5$ a month. $120. for 1.3 million words of content. Just for the words alone, if it was a light novel, you'd pay $260 in digital format. Not counting all the images, posing, rendering and all other things that have to be done. And there's millions that have bought light novel series that are 20+ volumes. Why would a book series with 1.000.000 words be worth more than a VN with 1.000.000 words, when the VN is way more work to create?

Saying "no game is worth $600" is beyond stupid. You can't just take an arbitrary number and say "anything above this is not worth". You say no game has ever been worth that much on the mass market, however there has not ever been a VN as long as this one on the market. From what I've been able to find, it's currently (and by a decent bit) the longest (at least in English) VN there is. After a bit over 2 years.

Or I could do that. Which is so much more reasonable, yep.
Though knowing selebus he could punish us for messing with saves in the future, but for the time being...
Just changing a variable won't do anything to your save except changing that variable. It's actually what a lot of people in the more "lore focussed" community do often to find things in events they didn't see on their first, main playthrough.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Was he sent backwards in time, or did he glitch for two full months?

The next update is "Christmas on the Beach" after all.
Right, somehow i forgot that precious christmas wasn't on the beach, but maybe it will be christmas to "them", the ones who glitched forward (backwards) to the beach?

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes