barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I don't remember this part. Remember where it's from?
The exact scene by name, no.

But when the God of Wires was introduced as concept, I remember there being a story about a man who shut himself into a dark room and watched the world through the internet, and he was in his chair so long he took root, and those roots grew into the world like wires. The "mother's basement" part might have been added by me because it's part of the otaku/gamer stereotype, and I mushed them together. My brain does stuff like that.

How so? Also, I'm pretty sure her name is Himawari.
That's a good option, actually. When she said her name was his favorite flower, I'd figured either Sakura (since he has talked about the cherry blossom shampoo she used more than once), but the fanbase had already been using Daisy for her name. The sunflower motif in some of the transition art would definitely support that name, though.

Sometimes when the narrator is speaking, the voice is almost identical to how she speaks to Sensei when they encounter one another.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
That's a good option, actually. When she said her name was his favorite flower, I'd figured either Sakura (since he has talked about the cherry blossom shampoo she used more than once)
That's was my exact train of thoughts.
Sometimes when the narrator is speaking, the voice is almost identical to how she speaks to Sensei when they encounter one another.
Need to re-watch to compare. But the reason I think one of narrators is Sekai is because from time to time, usually after big updates like this one, narrator starts going off in a really mentor tone, teaching us this and that. This has been the case since the very first beach update, it's even clearer at the end if this one. At first I thought it was Selebus breaking the forth wall, but there was a curious line at the end of this update, how the narrator is jealous of Yumi's chest. Ami's mother (as I'm still not convinced her name is Sekai) is, while bigger, of the similar delicate build and, since she was Sensei's Teacher, they might be a lot alike and it makes sense that sometimes it's hard to tell exactly when Sensei's narrations stops and her begins.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Looking forward to what you theory guys make of this update, i saw a few codes and what read like disguised data drops in the narrator's philosophical musings. Sekai being... i dunno... reborn? With powers? Just another facet of Sensei's broken psyche asserting itself as he is slowly piecing himself together? As i've said many times, this shit is beyond my feeble mind, i rely on you guys to write shit about them that makes me go "oooooh... intredasting...".
I am now conceding the point that Sekai is actually her name after getting called out like that (just @ me next time Selebus, sheesh), even though we are told very explicitly not to take everything at face value and then given an obvious metaphor, so of COURSE us overthinkers are gonna chase that. Digressing.

Now we have a complication with regards to her appearance in this update, however, because we have an established character who can wear anyone's face. I'm not suggesting it was ONLY Doppelganger Flower Girl, but at any point in time, it COULD be. And i'm going to need to go through this a couple more times before I'm comfortable saying definitively whether or not Doppelganger Flower Girl was posing as Sekai at any given point during this update.

Sekai has the same power the angels do, apparently. That could be fun.

I am very interested to see if this means that Makoto and Futaba can now see the Angels the same way Sana can now.

I think we're getting very close to the end of Chapter 3, and I'm going to be spending the two months before the next update going back through the game to take better notes (I say that, I always forget to actually take them). I definitely need to pore over the game to note whenever I think Doppelganger Flower Girl is posing as someone, been wanting to do that ever since we got that reveal.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That's was my exact train of thoughts.

Need to re-watch to compare. But the reason I think one of narrators is Sekai is because from time to time, usually after big updates like this one, narrator starts going off in a really mentor tone, teaching us this and that. This has been the case since the very first beach update, it's even clearer at the end if this one. At first I thought it was Selebus breaking the forth wall, but there was a curious line at the end of this update, how the narrator is jealous of Yumi's chest. Ami's mother (as I'm still not convinced her name is Sekai) is, while bigger, of the similar delicate build and, since she was Sensei's Teacher, they might be a lot alike and it makes sense that sometimes it's hard to tell exactly when Sensei's narrations stops and her begins.
I definitely agree that Sekai is the endgame narrator for this update. There's also the fact that narrator concludes her introduction to the Maya epilogue with "it's okay to cry, even if there's nothing to cry about" and then Ami says the exact same thing.

• Thinking Face

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Hmmm reloaded my saves a few events backwards and I can't seem to get the last Kirin event even with the correct choice.
Do I need more than 30+ lust stat or smth?

I only have her at 30...
F- I needed Miku lust to 10, I didn't even know you can raise hers, *screaming.exe plays*
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1672965399944.png

Last edited:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
A'ight that's it.
Just like in-game, time to do a reset...
Time to make a new fresh save all because I missed a single f-ing event, not gon' resort to save editing.
It's kinda good 'coz this way, I can compile all the answers for the resets / IQ TESTS from my own POV.

FU## MY LIFE!!!!

TheGuyWithB

May 29, 2017
A'ight that's it.
Just like in-game, time to do a reset...
Time to make a new fresh save all because I missed a single f-ing event, not gon' resort to save editing.
It's kinda good 'coz this way, I can compile all the answers for the resets / IQ TESTS from my own POV.

FU## MY LIFE!!!!
Same thing happened to me with a Yumi event, thankfully i save pretty often and i had a save on the exact spot where it cuts you off thankfully, but holy shit did that almost kill my motivation to play the game

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
the download with my crap internet is done, started up my game and...
FUCK ITS BACK
OMG THE BLASTING OF MY SPEAKERS KILLING MY EARDRUMS.
one of my biggest critisims of this game when it first started was the game volume was set as default to an insane level so when you started it, people 3 blocks over could hear the intro song. I'm sitting at 2% system volume now and its JUST at the acceptable level

• Haha

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Same thing happened to me with a Yumi event, thankfully i save pretty often and i had a save on the exact spot where it cuts you off thankfully, but holy shit did that almost kill my motivation to play the game
I usually save every week but I guess I'll start saving only after two weeks now.

the download with my crap internet is done, started up my game and...
FUCK ITS BACK
OMG THE BLASTING OF MY SPEAKERS KILLING MY EARDRUMS.
one of my biggest critisims of this game when it first started was the game volume was set as default to an insane level so when you started it, people 3 blocks over could hear the intro song. I'm sitting at 2% system volume now and its JUST at the acceptable level
Wait...the Ramen shop booming sound is back?
A'ight, thank you for reminding me why I play this game on mute.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I usually save every week but I guess I'll start saving after every two weeks now.

Wait...the Ramen shop booming sound is back?
A'ight, thank you for reminding me why I play this game on mute.
no not the ramen shop, the game intro song blares at such a high volume at the start it could kill a cat.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I am now conceding the point that Sekai is actually her name after getting called out like that (just @ me next time Selebus, sheesh), even though we are told very explicitly not to take everything at face value and then given an obvious metaphor, so of COURSE us overthinkers are gonna chase that. Digressing.

Now we have a complication with regards to her appearance in this update, however, because we have an established character who can wear anyone's face. I'm not suggesting it was ONLY Doppelganger Flower Girl, but at any point in time, it COULD be. And i'm going to need to go through this a couple more times before I'm comfortable saying definitively whether or not Doppelganger Flower Girl was posing as Sekai at any given point during this update.

Sekai has the same power the angels do, apparently. That could be fun.

I am very interested to see if this means that Makoto and Futaba can now see the Angels the same way Sana can now.

I think we're getting very close to the end of Chapter 3, and I'm going to be spending the two months before the next update going back through the game to take better notes (I say that, I always forget to actually take them). I definitely need to pore over the game to note whenever I think Doppelganger Flower Girl is posing as someone, been wanting to do that ever since we got that reveal.
Has the doppelganger flower girl ever done something as destructive as what Sekai did with Sensei, Futaba, and Makoto? I don't think she has, I don't think DFG was Sekai here if that's the case

• Thinking Face

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
was interested in this till i saw how much stuff was missable and the fact that you're forced to be called Sensei, pretty lazy when there's no voice acting.
while completely understandable, I will say that it's very easy to not miss anything, especially if you utilize the Wiki (which you absolutely should, along with the guide mod) and the vast vast majority of events are required.

as far as the Sensei thing goes, in context, it makes sense. it is a narrative point that Sensei does not remember his name, or more likely imo, is unable to for fear of a psychotic breakdown. I haven't finished the new update yet, but apparently his name does get revealed in some way in this update, although that is easily dozens and dozens of hours into the story. it should be noted though that for many of the girls, after developing your relationship with them, you can have them call you by most any name you'd like.

Reactions: KiraJames

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Has the doppelganger flower girl ever done something as destructive as what Sekai did with Sensei, Futaba, and Makoto? I don't think she has, I don't think DFG was Sekai here if that's the case
No, but that wasn't the only time Sekai appears in this update.

Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020
Sounds like the classic example of a bait and switch to me.
The Ch1 rework improves the narrative flow significantly. "Camera work" on the renders and dialogue writing is better, and the pacing makes more sense. It also allows him to introduce a number of characters into the background earlier before they become prominent. There were some lewds moved to the "deleted scenes" section of the menu, but the game as a whole is better in most respects (some have argued that the early introductions of the horror elements is worse, which is fair).

I made a brand new Discord account and tried all of the invite links and none of them worked. Either I'm turbo-banned or it's locked down to subscribers only.
If you made a new account and it's not phone-verified, you won't be able to get in. That may have also been what got you removed if you didn't have a role in the Discord (or had a role that was removed).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes