KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
thoughts: (this is really long and are real time highlights i had playing, i have to say the background visual gags and few horror moments were top notch this time around)
this update, had me laughing so hard
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

feel free to tell me off, or if you thought the same thing

Last edited:
Reactions: sleep98

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
You have a relative though, that definitely knows what your name would be but instead calls us Sensei instead of letting us name our character through her, thats what i meant by lazy. There's TONS of amnesia based games that still let us name ourselves.
It makes sense in the context of their reality. No point explaining. If you know you know.
Chika and Yumi's place is in better shape than Imani's. If he gives it away, it'll be to her.

But this also gives him a place to hook up with people where Ami won't cockblock him, and he kinda needs that. That is, unless he takes Touka's advice to heart and starts processing his grief in some other way.
I sure hope that's not the case. This place is supposed to be his "shelter", where he can be himself (or the opposite of that) and not do his usual thing.
How to turn on the console, there is no console.rpy
UnRen.

1804maya

Dec 23, 2021
This game is too WHITE for my liking so i made a dark mod for myself which is more pleasing to my eyes. It turned out decent so thought of sharing it here.

View attachment 1931175

If you're using guide mod drop this file to
game\progress mod\

View attachment 1639891

rename the downloaded file to progress_screen.rpy

Updated this mod to 0.28 all main menu are now updated to 0.28 however everything else i didn't change

Reactions: Bingoogus

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
So, Bargle and the rest of you theory folk. What do you make of Io's little speech on the beach with Uta? Something pretty specific stood out to me, when Io was talking about the throuple idea she specifically said in an ideal world that a traumaless Io could sleep with Sensei which seems to suggest Io doesn't just fucking hate people and sex for no reason... am i misinterpreting things or does it sound like she's a child/teen rape victim? If it's specifically trauma that prevents her wanting sex and not just being born asexual/anti-sexual then what else could the nature of the trauma be?

SadCoomer

Sep 26, 2020
So apparently this message
Translates to "SHE IS NOT COMING BACK" which seems to be a recurring theme when Sekai is around. Maybe she is just part of Sensei/Akira 's delusion or maybe there is another god/entity (Daisy?) trying to prevent her from entering again into his life

So, Bargle and the rest of you theory folk. What do you make of Io's little speech on the beach with Uta? Something pretty specific stood out to me, when Io was talking about the throuple idea she specifically said in an ideal world that a traumaless Io could sleep with Sensei which seems to suggest Io doesn't just fucking hate people and sex for no reason... am i misinterpreting things or does it sound like she's a child/teen rape victim? If it's specifically trauma that prevents her wanting sex and not just being born asexual/anti-sexual then what else could the nature of the trauma be?
I thought about the rape victim theory too, maybe from a woman since she enjoys much more being around men apparently

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
My Compressed unofficial Android port of Lessons in Love 0.28.0
Gestures etc included.
Added scrollable textbox
Alternative persistent saves/log location

**Special Instructions:**

Unzip and install apk.
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On first run you will get a prompt to copy the archive.rpa file to "documents/Wills747/lessons.in.love/game" folder.
(game will quit now)
Copy the archive.rpa file to the directory indicated in game.
Restart the game.
Keep in mind if your default install location is an actual SD card and slow speed this may slow the launch.

Also, keep the v0.28 archive.rpa. I'll likely use it for future updates to minimise the apk size.
Advise keeping gl2 disabled unless you have a PowerVR gpu or experiance video problems.

Other mods can be added to "documents/Wills747/lessons.in.love/game" folder as well
All my ports can use 0x52's URM mod, just drop the RPA file in the same folder

Edit: Fixed Apk file with more adult content here:

Install over existing 0.28.
You will still need the rpa from above zip if you haven't got it.
Updated my Android port to v0.28

Last edited:

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
So the "good uncle" route was intriguing, and I like how she's becoming more unhinged. My save where you sleep with Ami is a ways back, so what happens in this update if you are sleeping with your niece?

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
So the "good uncle" route was intriguing, and I like how she's becoming more unhinged. My save where you sleep with Ami is a ways back, so what happens in this update if you are sleeping with your niece?
You sleep with you niece - if you have enough lust, at least. The scene is pretty wild, confirming some implications.
Selebus finally added a payoff to the "good uncle" route?
An intriguing conversation and increasingly insistent demands from uncertain sources to save everyone the trouble and finally fuck your niece.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
What's the general consensus on whether or not Ami is actually Akira's daughter? Anyone run the numbers on if it's possible given their ages and when Sensei likely started banging Sekai? Is the idea too incongruent with the rest of the story or is it exactly the kind of fucked up Sel would put in his story?

SymbolicSalad

Jan 7, 2020
Chika and Yumi's place is in better shape than Imani's. If he gives it away, it'll be to her.

But this also gives him a place to hook up with people where Ami won't cockblock him, and he kinda needs that. That is, unless he takes Touka's advice to heart and starts processing his grief in some other way.
read this and thought it was a funny idea that the dark route is called the dark route because sensei doesn't have sex for the entire route.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Interesting, I did think it was more just asexual and a thing about just being a bit of an edgy "I hate everyone" teenager at the start, but knowing this type of game I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Interesting, I did think it was more just asexual and a thing about just being a bit of an edgy "I hate everyone" teenager at the start, but knowing this type of game I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct
Well i was thinking the same thing, i think we were kind of supposed to, that's why that single word stood out to me... "wtf does trauma have to do with you hating people and not wanting sex?.. wait...". I don't even recall Io ever mentioning any trauma before.

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017
Well i was thinking the same thing, i think we were kind of supposed to, that's why that single word stood out to me... "wtf does trauma have to do with you hating people and not wanting sex?.. wait...". I don't even recall Io ever mentioning any trauma before.
It's not unheard of (in fact it's rather common) for a woman or girl who has been sexually abused in the past, including and up to being raped, to develop a hatred for those who abused her. Sometimes it is limited to people that simply looked like their abuser, while other times it's those who share some of the same qualities. Like people in power over another. This hatred of their abuser, if left untreated long enough, can develop into a misanthropic attitude toward others.

Meaning, it makes perfect sense for her to hate people in general, and not want to engage in sex, or really anything on par with it, due to past traumas.

Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
WAIT!...
thinking about it...
Can SEKAI possibly be the last "side" girl (instead of "Himawari")???
(If we assume that Rika is other one)

Well, their future interactions would certainly be weird (and funny :ROFLMAO: ) to see...

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017
WAIT!...
thinking about it...
Can SEKAI possibly be the last "side" girl???
(If we assume that Rika is other one)

Well, their future interactions would certainly be weird (and funny :ROFLMAO: ) to see...

I'm thinking it's more likely she's going to be integral to figuring out why the loop started, and why Sensei's mind is so fractured. In fact, I suspect her story is tied to most all of what is going on, in one way or another.

My personal theory is that Sensei was killed by her, and that this loop is intended to torment those she blames (the girls, maybe Ami, or those at that school in general). Sensei was brought back by some higher power, and until just recently was a mindless creature in that loop as well, until something changed. Something that I suspect directly involved Maya.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Also I wonder why this chapter is called Hateful Summer. Since the update just ended with the night of christmas and Kumon-mi only has the seasons of winter and summer, the next update will be set in the summer again so I think we will see sensei enjoying a positive upturn in his life for a bit and then everything will come tumbling down once he (and maybe ami) becomes aware of sekai's rebirth (which btw reminds me of christianity having some rebirth stuff, although i dont know fucking shit about christianity so perhaps som1 could enlighten me)
"rebirth" isn't the right word. She's invisible to most people (she stood there watching Noriko dry hump Sensei and Noriko didn't even hear her talking), only visible to Sensei, Yasu, and likely Sana (based on Sana's vision in a previous update), as well as anyone touch sufficiently touched by the Angels/Nozomu. She exhibits the same power as the Angels when they forced the threesome.

So she wasn't reborn. She's become an angel. Ascended might be a better word for it.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes