AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
but yeah her reasoning for why was atrocious
it amounted to
"i see into your soul sensei and know you need this to escape all the girls you have sex with"
Not seeing the atrocity, tbh. That was simply Touka being affectionate, and, playing with her trope, being way over the top materially while getting the feelings right. Sensei does, in fact, feel conflicted right now for various reasons and could use a retreat.
and she went from naïve bumbling but super kind to all knowing mommy in like...no events.
Huh? Even ignoring all the parenting/older sistering she does for Yasu, you could see the shades of this Touka all the way back in Something Less Lonely. She was the same in the previous update as well. In fact, the juxtaposition between the usual "hime-sama with no knowledge of the normal world" antics of her general character type and Touka actually being fairly wise and understanding is what makes her one of my favourites.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I'll start with voice. In the literal sense, starting at chapter 3 most of the characters are starting to sound the same. Damn near every character has said "I'm not not something something blah blah" recently. There are some text tricks in dialogue boxes to make it seem different, but most of the characters are saying the same things in the same way.

A notable exception to the above that leads to my next point in regards to character consistency is Chika. Her character has completely new aspects to her all of a sudden (weirdly violent, a lot more crass). She was a creampuff before, and now it feels like she's being shoved into a sassy inner city latino girl archetype. It's like the author stated she's Philipino, now we need to cram her into stereotypes. Touka too. I don't get the reasoning or idea behind her Christmas present at all. Touka has rapidly become one of my favorite characters in this, and she went from naïve bumbling but super kind to all knowing mommy in like...no events. There was no progression to the point she is at at the end of this update. "You are not going to hide from your emotions in me". She has had very little social experience and she is spitting lines like this? And she buys an entire apartment building and doesn't consider Chika's situation at all?
Completely agree with you on Chika and Touka's characters; I would assume that these personalities are somewhat sensible and more or less already there from the beginning (as in, not something developed throughout the journey) but are never too emphasized.

Chika could have this spicy and fierce side of her considering her upbringing, and the pent up stress from dealing with Otoha and Yumi's situations, but this can definitely be better articulated (Either that, or her past events mostly only rotated around people she loves, thus having the idea of her always being a creampuff)

For Touka, her all knowing mommy side is also fine for the same reason and I think it's within her already, but the segue seems to limit to only her Yasu sidekick appearance in most main events and the one line saying "spending too much time with Yasu" (again, could've done better). But I do think she is well equipped with saying "You are not going to hide from your emotions in me" though because she's mature and observing. She is naive, sheltered, and doesn't know much about the commoner world, but she doesn't have to be blunt toward feelings of a person she for whatever reason takes liking to.

In fact, I think what requires more detailing is instead when she said "But in the meantime, allow me to please you" (like holy shit GIRL you really were under some bad influence). What would be nice is to have more events hinting why she decides to join the love warfare now, as her own events mostly just described her kindness and naiveness; a tiny tease at the end of Something Less Lonely to me isn't quite enough. (or I simply just want more Touka)

Btw you're right, she should've bought the building for Chika now I thought of it LOL

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Completely agree with you on Chika and Touka's characters; I would assume that these personalities are somewhat sensible and more or less already there from the beginning (as in, not something developed throughout the journey) but are never too emphasized.

Chika could have this spicy and fierce side of her considering her upbringing, and the pent up stress from dealing with Otoha and Yumi's situations, but this can definitely be better articulated (Either that, or her past events mostly only rotated around people she loves, thus having the idea of her always being a creampuff)

For Touka, her all knowing mommy side is also fine for the same reason and I think it's within her already, but the segue seems to limit to only her Yasu sidekick appearance in most main events and the one line saying "spending too much time with Yasu" (again, could've done better). But I do think she is well equipped with saying "You are not going to hide from your emotions in me" though because she's mature and observing. She is naive, sheltered, and doesn't know much about the commoner world, but she doesn't have to be blunt toward feelings of a person she for whatever reason takes liking to.

In fact, I think what requires more detailing is instead when she said "But in the meantime, allow me to please you" (like holy shit GIRL you really were under some bad influence). What would be nice is to have more events hinting why she decides to join the love warfare now, as her own events mostly just described her kindness and naiveness; a tiny tease at the end of Something Less Lonely to me isn't quite enough. (or I simply just want more Touka)

Btw you're right, she should've bought the building for Chika now I thought of it LOL
Chika's situation is bad, but Imani's is arguably worse (Chika's place at least doesn't flood)

I don't think she's met Rika yet, but Rika's literally homeless.

She could use the other units in that building to dramatically improve several lives.

As for why Touka's throwing her immaculate hat in the ring now -- I would have a guess.

Ayane and Touka both live under the specter of how family owned businesses operate in Japan. To keep the business in the family and run by a man, if there are no sons to pass the company to, the daughter is married off, her husband is adopted as a son, and the company handed to him when the time comes to pass the torch.

Touka might be trying to cherry-pick a husband because she's playing roulette if she lets her father make the decision. And while she's keenly aware of his faults -- he's actually treated her quite well, aside from the running joke about her name. Moving Sensei closer to the part of town where the absurdly wealthy live also suits this purpose, as it make him look more respectable.

I can't imagine she's discussed this plan with Tsubasa, though, because I think her mother would have some THOUGHTS.

May 27, 2020
I have a problem with There is Nothing, when I trigger the event and follow the guide but neither of them seem to work, it give me the same fucking answer every time: TERMINAL NOT FOUND, wtf its going on?

Jul 22, 2019
Touka too. I don't get the reasoning or idea behind her Christmas present at all. Touka has rapidly become one of my favorite characters in this, and she went from naïve bumbling but super kind to all knowing mommy in like...no events. There was no progression to the point she is at at the end of this update. "You are not going to hide from your emotions in me". She has had very little social experience and she is spitting lines like this? And she buys an entire apartment building and doesn't consider Chika's situation at all?
I agree with a good bit of what you posted, but not so much here. Her reasoning with the apartment is off, at least how she expresses it, but there's a history of the whole family having no real concept of money. That much being thrown at what's currently a poorly thought through plan to get closer to someone she likes isn't necessarily bad writing, assuming there will be a bit more context in time..

Chika wouldn't really factor in here any more than she would at any other point (though I do wonder if she might end up with the place eventually).

The emotional aspect is a bit more complex, but she does have some history of being unusually insightful in some way or another. If she can figure out a fairly reliable way to make Yasu chill out on the insane zealot stuff for a bit, I don't think picking up on some of Senseis weirdness is that out there.

The kinda precocious or mature takes being tied in with being incredibly naive about a heap of shit is present in the whole family, in one way or another. They're all clearly meant to be smart and able to pick up on stuff, they just are crazy sheltered.

Does kinda just comes down to how it's handled as the plot moves forward, but I think it's at least somewhat consistent with what we've seen so far.

fooliscious

Nov 10, 2019
Chika's situation is bad, but Imani's is arguably worse (Chika's place at least doesn't flood)

I don't think she's met Rika yet, but Rika's literally homeless.

She could use the other units in that building to dramatically improve several lives.

As for why Touka's throwing her immaculate hat in the ring now -- I would have a guess.

Ayane and Touka both live under the specter of how family owned businesses operate in Japan. To keep the business in the family and run by a man, if there are no sons to pass the company to, the daughter is married off, her husband is adopted as a son, and the company handed to him when the time comes to pass the torch.

Touka might be trying to cherry-pick a husband because she's playing roulette if she lets her father make the decision. And while she's keenly aware of his faults -- he's actually treated her quite well, aside from the running joke about her name. Moving Sensei closer to the part of town where the absurdly wealthy live also suits this purpose, as it make him look more respectable.

I can't imagine she's discussed this plan with Tsubasa, though, because I think her mother would have some THOUGHTS.

I don't really see Touka taking much of an interest in anyone except Chika in this particular regard. Chika has gotten close with her mother and is routinely letting her little sister visit. Does she even know about Imani's living arrangements? Didn't think many did.

I hadn't considered she may be throwing her hat in for romance with Sensei (nothing in the story really made me think she was). Through that lens her actions make a bit more sense.

Retikter

Feb 11, 2020
I've tried to use Sensei's name(Akira) for lust names. Even Ami goes like "Nothing wrong here".

Also, is there a theory about who are USER1 - USER4? It looks like Sensei is USER2, that means that Maya USER1? Then who is USER3 and why USER4 is reserved?

Sacchiel

Jan 14, 2023
I'm just stuck on the "Reset" it seems. Went to the shrine 50+ times and no progress. Anyone know if it's a savefile issue or am I just doing something wrong?

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I'm just stuck on the "Reset" it seems. Went to the shrine 50+ times and no progress. Anyone know if it's a savefile issue or am I just doing something wrong?
THIS WEEKEND PREPARE TO GET ASS-BLASTED AND ANNIHILATED IN LiL FEATURING ALL YOUR FAVORITE GIRLS!

AYANE, MAKAOTO, RIN, AND Ṁ̴̧̭̦̝͍̪̣͙͕̰̻͎̥̥͈Ŏ̵̯̺̞̜̘̙̲̖͠Y̵̢̧̦̖̦̠̭͈̟̜̊͛́͋͆̑̉̀̎̀̐̚̚͠ͅO̷̢̳͕̞̞̰̰̭̩̗̝̥̣̫͒̌̀̕̚͠

ALSO DONT MISS THE 1ST ANNUAL REPEATING DORM WAR
TICKETS AVAILABLE NOWHERE
TAKES PLACE IN THE SCHOOL AT KUMONMI THIS
SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
1673731335317.png

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes