Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
It's not the game getting dark that is causing me to lose interest, i want shit to get fucked up, i enjoy fucked up, what's starting to drag on me is the waffling on with little to no progression of the story. For every scene or chunk of dialogue of progress there's ten times more meaningless waffle and empty scenes where everyone uses a bunch of words but end up actually saying for little of consequence or at least enjoyable conversation, it's just treading water most of the time.

Selly has always waffled on but things used to be a lot tighter, there'd be tonnes of riveting discussion about what happened here, there's a lot less now and a good chunk of it is lost in the stickiest of sticks, trying to plumb answers from severely abstracted clues. Interesting insights and discoveries just seem a lot rarer now, it's why i was in such a good mood to wake up to a bunch of the good stuff today.
So true. I mean, this game IS the reason why I always skip everything except dialogs as of late. And some games actually put something of value in the broodings of MCs, so, I just miss out on content now.
Though, to be fair, last updates maybe was a bit lacking, but I am sure they will shine later when we re-read them again, while knowing most of the context, and maybe notice things we didn't noticed before and will enjoy it more that way)

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I forget, have we had many Valentine's Day related events in this game? DeSkel15 pls View attachment 3234862
I don't think so? Otherwise we'd have those classic chocolate fight shenanigans plus some content about Rin's birthday already.

Timepoint wise, winter days after Christmas or Maya's birthday seem really dubious without believable timestamp, so it's hard to tell if there are subtle hints to indicate that certain events could take place on Valentine's day (especially in Ch2).

Reactions: crustlord12

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
A while back I was contemplating on Sensei's reaction upon learning Tsuneyo's full name ("that sounds like a samurai"), so I start looking up all their names haphazardly from time to time. Though I still don't know what a samurai name would sound like, I think this gentleman might probably be the origin of Chika's name (written in surname/first name as true oriental fashion)
1704513020977.png
This kinda begs the question of why Sensei reacts to Tsuneyo's name and not Chika's since this gentleman was actually a pretty famous daimyo, and since history is something Sensei is good at (and if 4th wall breaking, since Sel flexes on what he knows about Japanese history more than once).

But my real thought is that thank the three gods that I wish to murder for giving us hot af gyaru and not him; sorry dude I am not grinding lust points with you.

rianzz

Jan 19, 2022
I just finished the update and I have a few things to say

1- Ami is a bitch and sensei has a very large penis that doesn't get hard for this bitch (yes I'm a good uncle)

2- I'm still extremely hurt by prime-maya's death to the point of almost crying because her D&D character is gone too

3- Despite everything, I liked the new Maya and I want to get to know her better, I'm happy to see a version of her that isn't completely broken because of the resets

4- Makoto is also a bitch but I can understand her side

5- I'm happy that otoha and rin finally broke up, now that otoha is no longer hurting one of my favorite girls I can like her

6- pareidolia is a bitch

7- noriko and wakana will be the MVPs of this chapter

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
This sequence of images from "Not the Nightingale" is interesting to me. I'm not yet sure what to make of it though. If anyone has any thoughts id be happy to hear them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is imagery resembling a sort of red thread of fate that is connecting; Akira, Ami, Maya's shadow and a body(?). The body(?) is under hex that says "baby" and a plant that says "Grown and raised by HimawariCo". There is small text in the corner saying "You are a fraud". Then it all disappears, Including Maya's shadow. Following that the nightingale note appears alongside only "Grown and raised by HimawariCo".

And There is some more stuff later in this event and in "You & Me Against the World" regarding Ami and Sekai that I'm trying to write out coherently. I'll post it at some point if manage to get it to a point that its not a waste of space.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I don't think so? Otherwise we'd have those classic chocolate fight shenanigans plus some content about Rin's birthday already.

Timepoint wise, winter days after Christmas or Maya's birthday seem really dubious without believable timestamp, so it's hard to tell if there are subtle hints to indicate that certain events could take place on Valentine's day (especially in Ch2).
Yeah, that's what I was curious about. Valentines day is in the winter, not spring, so I was surprised we had never had those kinds of shenanigans.

>>Clean route without farm without any interference.

I think this could help you, Feel free to use my order of events, it's much faster than looking at them one by one (
I already took all the tediousness of stables and looking at requirements at the time to optimize things xD and many events at the beginning do not have requirements ,,The entire chapter 1 and more with rework is chaos that many events can go without having requirements from others... that is, they happen at the same time level so in theory Sensei is getting to them before it happens. a 0.5 event. It could be at the same temporal height as an event of 0.1, so to do what you want you need to do a whole testing run.

it's basically all the events in my playtrough, removing the generic ones, that's why I left them numbered. Basically no event here has a conflict because it is done from start to finish with events that require others for the main etc etc. reaching the main in the shortest time possible,
The order of other events is basically if it favors the plot it goes first, if the event due to time makes the day arrive faster it goes first if there are 2 events that could be activated in the same slot, generally alphabetical order of the girl. and very well varied and the order takes into account good hoomie/ abyss before going to the onsen, the typical thing.

Something I'm wondering, in your replay mod, are you able to include all the flags? and things that selebus closes and omits.? so that they cannot be seen in replay
Thanks for this, I can definitely use this! I have been physically modifying the actual script to show full scenes and not use the replay flags, because he does hide things after replays end (for whatever dumbass reason). In terms of good homie/bad homie etc, I haven't been working on that yet because there were just so many events to sort through. I will try to work on the linear mod a bit more in the near future now thanks to your help

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
I want to see Ami bake something for her own enjoyment using a jar of Akira's baby batter, then all the girls appear and want to see Akira or deliver their get well cards, and end up all taking a bite of whatever Ami created, and somehow someone finds out the secret ingredient.
You reminded me of that scene from GOT where Arya made a pie out of Freys... jeez. With all the shenanigans happening I wouldn't be too surprized if Maya will be made into a sausage fest and fed to Niki or something lol...

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I forget, have we had many Valentine's Day related events in this game? DeSkel15 pls View attachment 3234862
Considering Maya implies that the loops are only around near-quarterly long:
And we never celebrate Rin's bday or even Sana's, the loops likely don't make it to Valentine's day, or much past New Year's Day, before looping back to August.

For example, the Untitled Reset, seemed to begin on Dec 28th:
And Sensei expected to loop roughly 2 months into the school year:

Overall: Late July/August to December/Early January of 2020 seems to be all that's in the loop.

The closest to a Valentine's Day event we've likely had is probably Otoha's and Sana's confession battle during the last Beach Vacation in Chapter 3. Unless you want to count the Date Wars.

ericade

May 3, 2022
If I think similar, basically Selebus will take us to the same hell that his hands, mind and writing are possibly able to imagine and create. I don't think it has limits, but hey, hold on tight.

It's hell enough reading several thousand words per chapter of nonsensical internal monologues that could be summarized in 2 sentences. Not sure if that's what you mean though.

• Haha
Reactions: Pedro4545454

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
It's hell enough reading several thousand words per chapter of nonsensical internal monologues that could be summarized in 2 sentences. Not sure if that's what you mean though.
Those monologues have always been there and I don't think they will go away, some will like them more, others less or not at all, bad or good Selebus has graphomania, if that already bothers you a lot the best thing is not to continue, from the first year Selebus made fun of of the people who criticized the monologues... saying that the one with the monologues gets the girls and those who complain don't and things like that.
If the story advances or not, that is another discussion, if you still like something that is here, continue, if you feel that the story is already boring for you, you can simply leave it.

1704577520732.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: Prince Vevit

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
It grew on me over time, got fun when he started acknowledging himself that it's usually nonsense and that he wastes too much time on these monologues, especially in that one event where people kept cutting his train of thought off.

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
It grew on me over time, got fun when he started acknowledging himself that it's usually nonsense and that he wastes too much time on these monologues, especially in that one event where people kept cutting his train of thought off.
In the last events of Uta it happens, when Akira calls her and asks her to stop so he can finish his monologue.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Random, but I decided to write out the Hex notes from Reset 6 ('Times New Roman' Main Event) in Text, for later, and this seems to be the secret message:
Not sure if it's been brought up.
damn This gave a total spoiler of what happens to Maya and also the spoiler that the paredolia would take control of this season.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
damn This gave a total spoiler of what happens to Maya and also the spoiler that the paredolia would take control of this season.
Yeah, although Pareidolia somewhat hinted at this earlier, with the whole, in Spring, the frozen flower blooms anew stuff:
Frozen Flower = Maya Prime. Blooms anew = New Maya. Then telling Sensei not to open his eyes on the roof:
The Main Event 'Flowerchild' in Chapter 3 hinted at how the Chapter would end. Honestly worth a replay for those interested, albeit the Shapeshifter won't show up in the replay like she should.

Frankly, I still think this has been building up since The Shapeshifter helped Sensei give Maya that scarf back in Chapter 1.

Also, based off the HimawariCo, blood splatter, and Maya Shadow, this update, The Shapeshifter may have even helped get rid of Maya. Last we've actually seen of her though, she was apparently with a few Ami's:
Unless it was her that Ami was telling to shut up recently. Which could have been implied by the HimawariCo Key in the background:

Last edited:

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
Also, based off the HimawariCo, blood splatter, and Maya Shadow, this update, The Shapeshifter may have even helped get rid of Maya. Last we've actually seen of her though, she was apparently with a few Ami's
something half related but it came to mind since you touch on Ami, Maya and Hiwamari, who do you suspect or believe, or what killed Ami?:unsure:

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
something half related but it came to mind since you touch on Ami, Maya and Hiwamari, who do you suspect or believe, or what killed Ami?:unsure:
My money's on either Hiwamari because Ami's probably a threat to Ayane or to anyone during a reset.

Or Sekai is killing Ami in a more metaphorical sense. The more Ami "dies," the more control Sekai has over her.

Because we've seen Ami corpses before, or am I getting that confused without all the Maya corpses we've seen?

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes