Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
because she's the only one at that point in time that she sees as inferior. And she's being hostile to everyone basically.
So she does see a Sana that looks like she is at least three years younger then the other girls as superior to herself? Or the glasses wearing Makoto, that is also much closer to him when everything starts maybe with the exception of the love squad. I just dont see jealousy as the reason she acts hostile towards futaba so much more as towards everyone else.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So she does see a Sana that looks like she is at least three years younger then the other girls as superior to herself? Or the glasses wearing Makoto, that is also much closer to him when everything starts maybe with the exception of the love squad. I just dont see jealousy as the reason she acts hostile towards futaba so much more as towards everyone else.
To clarify, I'm talking about the beginning of the game. And at that point, the only people close to Akira (other than Ami and friends) are Makoto (sort of), and Yumi (due to their many detentions). And yes, Yumi sees Makoto as someone that is smart and has an education. And she's also what sets her off and leads to "the town has two halves".

The first bullying scene is with Futaba, and it's about Futaba and Akira. Then the very first scene in detention Yumi is set off by the idea that Akira might even see Futaba as an interest. Like, she's seriously pissed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
Sure. All the characters are doing their best, even when their best is actually not that great — that’s good writing.

But Nodoka’s “higher purpose” is no excuse for being needlessly cruel. At least with Yumi I can see what she’s reacting to. Kirin is just a walking ball of libido, and does some things that are beyond not okay — but she doesn’t do them just because she can. She does them because she desperately wants to get laid. Ami is batshit — and I think Sensei is only partially responsible. Io isn’t great with people (other than Uta and Sensei, for some reason). All the other characters do things that hurt others. But they do so while trying to achieve goals that we can understand. Sort of. (Love ya, Yasu!)

Nodoka, though? I get her dedication to her “art,” I really do, and the in-game logic of her trying to do… whatever the fuck it is she’s trying to do.

But as you say, it doesn’t make any of it acceptable.

If it turns out she’s a direct conduit to one of the “gods” like Yasu, Kaori, and Tsuneyo seem to be, I’ll at least feel as if there’s some excuse. But acceptable? Nope.
Well, she barely treats the characters as people but rather "characters" for her story. But I think the Nodokathon thing explains her perspective pretty well.

It's impossible for her to fully understand everything in the world, therefore she wants to delude herself into seeing a world where she can understand anything, and hopefully that world manifests itself into reality. Similar conceptually from the main gimmick in Chaos;Head, if you've played that.

Now, this is my speculation, but Sensei's story in a way affirms the way she sees the world. And her writing this story is her teaching others that this is how the world works, getting her closer towards the goal mentioned above.

Why she feels such a need to create this world, we're not really sure? Perhaps there's something she can't understand - she has her theory, and affirmation that indeed the world is this way will give her the answer? Or maybe she's just autistic. Who knows.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Eh... i would need a bit more context. What event is this from?
The one where she cuts off Kirin
I mean, I understand it has something to do with her learning it's a cycle, but is it really all that she meant?
Or am I just looking between the lines into void?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Same, more context please, preferably the event name.

EDIT1: Gonna take a look, but probably she's referring to Himawari or resets in general.

EDIT2: It's about the resets, pretty clear.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Just wanted to point out that it's kind of fucked up that you're working on a highschool science project about bringing people back to life with someone that literally had her brother die.

wtf lol

Reactions: DeSkel15

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Ah yes, got it. I do interpret it as that with what she knows about the world and the bigger picture now, she just noticed how insignificant kirins little blackmail actually is. And that helped her to see it as the empty threat it always was. So she would have not allowed any of it to happen in the first place.

Breadtaker

Nov 18, 2023
Since today is Chika's (who is genuinely one of my favorite characters) birthday and we're all supposed to be appreciating her I'm going to do just that.
One thing I like about her is that while she is obviously naive in that she doesn't see Sensei's infidelity, there is one perk. Rather than stressing about the concequences of her relationship, reliving past truamas, or creating new ones, she's living in the moment more than anyone else. She trying to be a good girlfriend now. Not just thinking about being one in the future. She's having kinky sex in weird places, organizing concensual threesomes, and reflecting on her role and impact in the relationship. Her romance aside, she still finds time to look out for her family and friends.

Chika is great and Sensei doesn't deserve her.
Also she's hot.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Sorry, you can have the double amount as a compensation.
Yup dual wield horse dick Sekai is the straw that broke the camels back. I'm gonna have to play Noriko's intro or something so that dual horse dick isn't the last thing I see when I "Bluejay" myself.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
How could you? Ron is best girl.
Well, as I am replaying, I'm slowly falling in love with her again - and that's probably why I forced myself to ignore her since that never came to be, and I had to stand there seeing her suffer for entire seasons.

Had also forgotten how she tries to hook you up with multiple people from the start of the game lol

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes