Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Legit didn't read the thread since 0.40 release, as I was too busy with work. Hope everyone's doing alright.

Just had a random-ass shower thought while literally being in the shower:

The only characters without alliterative names are Nozomu Arakawa and Sekai Arakawa. Yeah, they are not present in the game well half of them, as many others - Rin's second mom, Nodoka's mom, etc. BUT! We do know their first and last names, and they do not fit. What can that possibly mean?

Summoning loremasters *cough-cough* DeSkel15 *cough-cough*
Forgot about Nao-chan, but well, it could mean from everything to nothing. Alliterative names became popular with super-heroes from the last century (Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, Matt Murdock) - it could just be because their names sound more interesting.

For your wild theory corner, it could mean that those are the subjects of the experiment, or the ones currently in the wishing well. It could also means that those aren't their names at all, but instead just the codenames assigned to them inside of the cycles (Pareidolia says that he knew Yumi by a different name - although he could have simply been refering to Sekai instead). Given that Sekai means world, and Nozomu means HOPE, we could also extrapolate that all of these names are simply fake.

There's not enough to theorize further in my limited perception.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Yeah, forget statutory rape and grooming, this is just a game about some ordinary philandering womanizer, dude likes to get his cheat on, fairly benign stuff aye.
I mean, I wasn't me that proposed the scenario... but if the scenario is one where Chika is a thousand and 16 years old, and Akira is a thousand and 31 years old - things like statutory rape and grooming don't really exist. It is also an absurd scenario where things just stop making sense and get lost in just how convoluted the setting is (as with most isekai that delve into an adult reincarnating as a child).

A realistic scenario was wondering if Akira was a college professor, and every student was around 21, how would that be like. Because I can most certainly confirm that a college life includes most of what happens with individual student arcs in this game, they're just all adults. Not sure if it would be as good of a game though.

Oct 1, 2023
I mean, I wasn't me that proposed the scenario... but if the scenario is one where Chika is a thousand and 16 years old, and Akira is a thousand and 31 years old - things like statutory rape and grooming don't really exist. It is also an absurd scenario where things just stop making sense and get lost in just how convoluted the setting is (as with most isekai that delve into an adult reincarnating as a child).

A realistic scenario was wondering if Akira was a college professor, and every student was around 21, how would that be like. Because I can most certainly confirm that a college life includes most of what happens with individual student arcs in this game, they're just all adults. Not sure if it would be as good of a game though.
It wouldn't be as interesting. You all like this game and can't get enough because it makes you enjoy things you shouldn't, and forbidden fruit always tastes better.

Forgot about Nao-chan, but well, it could mean from everything to nothing. Alliterative names became popular with super-heroes from the last century (Bruce Banner, Peter Parker, Matt Murdock) - it could just be because their names sound more interesting.

For your wild theory corner, it could mean that those are the subjects of the experiment, or the ones currently in the wishing well. It could also means that those aren't their names at all, but instead just the codenames assigned to them inside of the cycles (Pareidolia says that he knew Yumi by a different name - although he could have simply been refering to Sekai instead). Given that Sekai means world, and Nozomu means HOPE, we could also extrapolate that all of these names are simply fake.

There's not enough to theorize further in my limited perception.
You know what name IS alliterative? Akira Arakawa

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Legit didn't read the thread since 0.40 release, as I was too busy with work. Hope everyone's doing alright.

Just had a random-ass shower thought while literally being in the shower:

The only characters without alliterative names are Nozomu Arakawa and Sekai Arakawa. Yeah, they are not present in the game well half of them, as many others - Rin's second mom, Nodoka's mom, etc. BUT! We do know their first and last names, and they do not fit. What can that possibly mean?

Summoning loremasters *cough-cough* DeSkel15 *cough-cough*
Nozomu translates to "Hope" in Japanese, and Sekai translates to "World" in Japanese. That seems to be the main reason their names aren't alliteration, but almost everyone else having alliteration names, probably implies their names (or they themselves) aren't entirely "real".

Nodoka's presumed mother is Kyoko Nagasawa, which isn't alliteration. I'm not entirely sure why, but Kyoko can mean "Mirror".

Technically, there's also Saki who is likely named Saki Arakawa, but seems to be Saki Sakurazaka by birth. Considering Sekai was married, that could explain why her name isn't alliteration.

Nozomu and Kyoko though, don't really seem to have an explanation (Kyoko could have married into it, but that's assuming she married at all). We also don't know what Rin's actual birth surname is. She shares Rika's surname (Rokuhara), but Rin was adopted.

Assuming Yuu is Sensei's/Akira's father, his name isn't alliteration either. Yuu Arakawa.

Of course, there's quite a few names in 'Lessons in Love' that likely mean things and are still alliterate. For example: Haruka can mean "Spring?". Haru meaning Spring in Japanese and ka being comparable to a question mark, but also apparently means "mosquito", "fragrance", etc. (Don't actually know Japanese, so this is simply my take)

Last edited:

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
It wouldn't be as interesting. You all like this game and can't get enough because it makes you enjoy things you shouldn't, and forbidden fruit always tastes better.
That's one point, sure. For me it's less "I enjoy it because it's something I shouldn't enjoy". I can't say I enjoy things that are happening on screen. I enjoy the story, I suppose? The narrative is interesting, the characters are amazing, their motivation and the way they move/get moved by the plot is extremely intriguing. If that game would just be loli-incest-fuckfest, it would be boring. Instead, it's purposefully repulsive and emotionally draining so it makes you feel that all that's happening is wrong.

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Nozomu translates to "Hope" in Japanese, and Sekai translates to "World" in Japanese. That seems to be the main reason their names aren't alliteration, but almost everyone else having alliteration names, probably implies their names (or they themselves) aren't entirely "real".

Nodoka's presumed mother is Kyoko Nagasawa, which isn't alliteration. I'm not entirely sure why, but Kyoko can mean "Mirror".

Technically, there's also Saki who is likely named Saki Arakawa, but seems to be Saki Sakurazaka by birth. Considering Sekai was married, that could explain why her name isn't alliteration.

Nozomu and Kyoko though, don't really seem to have an explanation (Kyoko could have married into it, but that's assuming she married at all). We also don't know what Rin's actual birth surname is. She shares Rika's married surname (Rokuhara), but Rin was adopted.

Assuming Yuu is Sensei's/Akira's father, his name isn't alliteration either. Yuu Arakawa.

Of course there's quite a few names in Lessons in Love that likely mean things and are still alliterate. For example: Haruka can mean "Spring?". Haru meaning Spring in Japanese and ka being comparable to a question mark, but also apparently means "mosquito", "fragrance", etc. (Not a native Japanese speaker, so this is simply my take)
Yeah, those came to mind as well, but Kyoko, Saki and Yuu are not even characters in this game. IIRC they are from Nothing Is Beautiful and I'm not sure if Sel's just fucking with us by referencing that. Like, we don't even have any confirmation that Kyoko or Yuu existed in this universe. We got some about Saki tho.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Bruh. She doesn't have a last name.
Yes, and yet she is included in the side-characters. If one is trying to understand the reason behind every other character in the main and side cast having alliterate names, it wouldn't benefit their analysis to exclude the one that doesn't, since she's the one outlier and that might provide a clue.

For instance, Nao-chan isn't supposed to exist according to the game lore. She's the one of all of the aforementioned characters that doesn't have a last name too. That might indicate something, that's all I pointed out.

Oct 1, 2023
At some point you guys need to realize that you are diving too deep into nothing. The reason the names are alliterations and most family members have similiar names is because it's much easier to find them in your phone when you're about to call them.
Makoto and Maki are next to each other, Touka Tsukasa and Tsubasa are next to each other, Chika and Chinami are next to each other, Yuki and Yumi are next to each other, easier to remember as well.
Calm down guys :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yeah, those came to mind as well, but Kyoko, Saki and Yuu are not even characters in this game. IIRC they are from Nothing Is Beautiful and I'm not sure if Sel's just fucking with us by referencing that. Like, we don't even have any confirmation that Kyoko or Yuu existed in this universe. We got some about Saki tho.
Yuu and Kyoko both showed up towards the end of Chapter 3, albeit in a supernatural-ish way, as we were seeing through them instead of Sensei:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kyoko was never actually in 'Nothing is Beautiful', though, albeit she's implied to have been intended to be eventually. Her and Ai, both. Still, besides her surname, she's implied to be Nodoka's mother in Chapter 4:
Or at least someone's mother, making her somewhat as "real" as "Saki".

Reactions: Moonflare

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It means that Selebus learned from the Stan Lee School of Character Names -- alliteration makes them easier to remember.

As for why Nozomu and Sekai are outliers, they're the only two characters whose first names translate into something thematically relevant (Nozomu = Hope or Desire, Sekai = World). He was already locked in on Arakawa for their surname, and had to choose between finding symbolic A names that matched his themes or bypassing his alliteration structure.

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Yuu and Kyoko both showed up towards the end of Chapter 3, albeit in a supernatural-ish way, as we were seeing through them instead of Sensei:

Kyoko was never actually in 'Nothing is Beautiful', though, albeit she's implied to have been intended to be eventually. Her and Ai, both. Still, besides her surname, she's implied to be Nodoka's mother in Chapter 4:
Or at least someone's mother, making her somewhat as "real" as "Saki".
Both fair points, BUT! Both of these events are very Happy, so we can't quite rely on them in terms of wtf actually is real or not. Like those events kinda stick out to me outside of even the regular Happy shit, cause they are not in-universe, they seem like complete glitch trips. Even Amy is less glitchy. While Saki was mentioned by Yasu in The Cracking Of The Egg. Although the name of that event in brackets suggests the link as well.

So... Who the fuck knows?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
As I was trying to power through the absolute fest of feeling uncomfortable that is the last halloween of chapter 3, I stopped to share this random tidbit: It hadn't dawned on me that Akira blames Sekai for leaving him. I mean, we all knew he never dealt with her death, but I didn't realise it was to the extent of blaming the victim of a car crash for leaving as if it was her choice.

Also, Rin confession part 2, which is the single positive thing this whole "special":
get together already.

Oopsy

Feb 24, 2022
So I've been playing this game for a few weeks and just got to chapter 4 a few days ago....I just got to the event "Ten Tips and Tricks to Make Even Straight Girls Want to Fuck You" and everything from here on seems to have no imaging...just a black box that says "THERE IS NOTHING"....like....I rapid clicked for about 10 minutes to see if anything ever changed and aside from sound effects and images of the sky there really does appear to be nothing. Is this the end of the current content and should I stop playing until the next update? Seems silly to have all these events that aren't finished put into the downloadable version of the game so I'm just making sure my file isn't corrupt or incomplete or something.

Any input appreciated <3

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So I've been playing this game for a few weeks and just got to chapter 4 a few days ago....I just got to the event "Ten Tips and Tricks to Make Even Straight Girls Want to Fuck You" and everything from here on seems to have no imaging...just a black box that says "THERE IS NOTHING"....like....I rapid clicked for about 10 minutes to see if anything ever changed and aside from sound effects and images of the sky there really does appear to be nothing. Is this the end of the current content and should I stop playing until the next update? Seems silly to have all these events that aren't finished put into the downloadable version of the game so I'm just making sure my file isn't corrupt or incomplete or something.

Any input appreciated <3
Following the wiki:

1716840673695.png that event is still from 0.39, and seems to be the first in a long event-chain. So there's not only a lot from that update, but also from update 0.40 yet. I have never seen a black box saying there is nothing though. When you've played through a current update there simply are no more events, there's no visual cue.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with your files.

Oopsy

Feb 24, 2022
Following the wiki:

View attachment 3677561 that event is still from 0.39, and seems to be the first in a long event-chain. So there's not only a lot from that update, but also from update 0.40 yet. I have never seen a black box saying there is nothing though. When you've played through a current update there simply are no more events, there's no visual cue.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a problem with your files.
Gotcha....well guess I'm going to redownload and copy my save file to another folder and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks because I was going to be pretty upset if there were still that many events that are just unplayable due to lack of imagery. I mean....the story is the important part anyway but if I wanted that I'd just go buy a book....

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
As I was trying to power through the absolute fest of feeling uncomfortable that is the last halloween of chapter 3, I stopped to share this random tidbit: It hadn't dawned on me that Akira blames Sekai for leaving him. I mean, we all knew he never dealt with her death, but I didn't realise it was to the extent of blaming the victim of a car crash for leaving as if it was her choice.

Also, Rin confession part 2, which is the single positive thing this whole "special":
get together already.
... too soon ...
... she needs to get heartbroken 4 more times before that ...

Also... when will Sana peg us...

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

get together already.
It does seem like Sensei's actual problem with Sekai was her breaking her promise to him, by dying:

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So, during Ami's creepy taking care of Akira, there is this narration:

A minor rant I guess, feel free to skip:
I don't know, am I alone in this? I hope everything eventually connects, but sometimes it feels like less would be more. Unless most of this stuff doesn't even exist, then it would be whatever I guess.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 297 Votes