Jeraviel

Jan 10, 2024
After playing the whole update and going back to see what the other option entails...I am satisfied with my choice of hopping off the 100% train, I don't mind missing some events here and there. It feels like the right and correct option to choose. The other one feels as meaningless and empty as jerking off into a sock.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I will probably not go back to the 100% route unless Selebus decides to fucks us over in more ways than just simply missing one or two events.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I can't belive sel named Futabas event "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and didn't name Makis event "Weapon of Ass Destruction" .
Also Io event was better than I though it would be, and one line made me think she might reevaluate sex, "He's being gentle, maybe he really does care" don't think it will happen soon, but it probably will happens because the game is fucked up.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I don't remember this, where can I read more about it?
If you mean 'Nothing is Beautiful' then it's on Itch. You can download and play the demo, which introduces Yuu, Saki, Miu, and Reina.

As for what I'm referring to, it was in Kirin's Chapter 4 'Clockless Watch' Event:

Yuu seemed to have a candy addiction in 'Nothing is Beautiful':

Candy, hamburger steak, ramen, rice balls, thanking your organs, the "ssssssssssss" and "kkkkkkkkkk" stuff, talking to plants, etc, all seemed to carry over from 'Nothing is Beautiful', and may simply be related to Yuu. Who definitely seems to be Sensei's father, who apparently no one can remember according to Pareidolia.

Side note:

Last edited:

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
Also Io event was better than I though it would be, and one line made me think she might reevaluate sex, "He's being gentle, maybe he really does care" don't think it will happen soon, but it probably will happens because the game is fucked up.
I really don't see the logic in that, not because I think it's impossible for someone like her to eventually change her perception, but just the whole context doesn't make sense considering everything surrounding it, that's more like a way to cope with it than anything else. Really, that's something Akira would probably think if she had said that out loud.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I really don't see the logic in that, not because I think it's impossible for someone like her to eventually change her perception, but just the whole context doesn't make sense considering everything surrounding it, that's more like a way to cope with it than anything else. Really, that's something Akira would probably think if she had said that out loud.
Yes, you don't see the logic in that because of reality, but the game is not reality, the game is fucked up.
Just as Akira said, nobody holds him acountable for his actions, they just acept him and feed into depravity, if the game had any semblance of logic it wouldn't happen.

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
Yes, you don't see the logic in that because of reality, but the game is not reality, the game is fucked up.
Just as Akira said, nobody holds him acountable for his actions, they just acept him and feed into depravity, if the game had any semblance of logic it wouldn't happen.
You are right, you did say that, and it's true. Should have taken that more into consideration, my bad.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
I don't think anyone disputes the idea of a choice in theory, but rather its history of being applied in this game. Don't get me wrong, I do hope it turns out to be brilliant this time because, in my opinion, so far, every time he presented a choice, what followed ranged between mediocre and awful.

When comparing both paths of the Nodoka's blackmail, if Yumi stormed out then the following events barely make sense. If Kirin didn't blackmail Ayane, you lose Ayane fighting back and Kirin actually being human trash instead of just talking about it. If Akira was a bad homie, then the game just forcefully brings it into a stalemate between the two of them anyway, after you miss a bunch of stuff.

And it's always about missing. I have stated this before, you cannot make a good branching narrative on a game where branches only ever go one way. Io's third event is supposed to happen - and if one chooses to "miss" it then her eventual development will either not make as much sense as it should have, or there will barely be any development either way in order to maintain narrative cohesion.

That's the point I think most people are making. It's a worry about where this will go from here, rather than what happened right now.
We have a new translator in the thread.Finally!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Moonflare

4D 61 79 61

May 19, 2024
Welp, time to stop lurking and get active I guess. Just gotta say I love the game and the collaboration in this thread. Also the shittalk and internal memes. (Yeah, that especially includes you Bingoogus <3 :KEK:) Kinda on the fence of starting the update or not. I've been holding off since 0.39 and am literally edgemaxxing the LiL cravings right now. Might make it until 0.42, might die along the way, who the fuck knows. :PogChamp:

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes