Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
For those interested in something undertheorized (imo) to theorize about, then there's always Fruit-Bike-Man:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This recently showed up behind Imani and Sensei in Wakana's Chapter 4 'Enough is Not Enough' Event:
This is a reference to something that happened in real life on a Japanese game show (“Susunu! Denpa Shōnen”), where a man named Tomoaki Hamatsu (aka Nasubi) was forced to live off entirely sweepstakes he would have to fill out and nothing else while living in a cramped and dingy apartment space.

This went on from January 1998 to March 2002, and the story itself is both anger-inducing and heartbreaking.

I don’t have to mention that this entire situation is what inspired “A Life Of Prizes”, because that much should be obvious.

To anyone interested in Nasubi’s story who wants more details, Cr1TiKaL made a pretty good video going into it:

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Aww hell yeah! New previews!

Edit: Futaba has 1 Event in 0.42 coming up. Maybe she’ll wind up catching Akira and Nodoka while they’re fucking? As far as I remember, Futaba doesn’t even know they’re involved yet, so just a guess.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Wasn't the main Texas senator on a tropical island during that winter storm disaster? Not a fan of that guy.
Flyin' Senator Rafael "Ted" Cruz fled Texas for Cancun during the winter storm, yes.

I lived in Austin for half a year many, many years ago for work. I have fond memories of that time but again, it was a very long time ago.
Austin barely feels like Texas, but it also barely feels like Austin anymore.

I live in Arizona and we have had Whataburgers here for as long as I can remember. Though until recently they were sparse. I used to like their burgers very much and would go out of my way to get them. The last couple years, as with everything, the quality has dropped and I don't care for it at all anymore.
The owners sold it to a private equity firm a few years ago, and the cost-cutting measures they put in place have dragged it to hell. The pre-sale burgers were great. Now they're just the thing you put in your belly after last call to help mitigate the bad part of a night out.

Reactions: Yarazin
Jan 1, 2024
Edit: Futaba has 1 Event in 0.42 coming up. Maybe she’ll wind up catching Akira and Nodoka while they’re fucking? As far as I remember, Futaba doesn’t even know they’re involved yet, so just a guess.
Futaba knows Sensei is fucking others but so far I think it might only be Makoto she knows of? Not sure if I remember right but what I AM SURE of is that the only people that know of Nodoka is Rin and Otoha, so my memory supports your memory that Futaba doesn't know about Nodoka.

Anyways I'd think Futaba wouldn't be that much surprised that he's fucking Nodoka, although I don't really see what reason she would have to be pissed off or anything, maybe a "Are you serious?!" and that's it. Maybe one of the Theorists can help out with what'll happen if Futaba catches Sensei X Nodoka.

PhiloPhilo

Jan 24, 2022
Futaba knows Sensei is fucking others but so far I think it might only be Makoto she knows of? Not sure if I remember right but what I AM SURE of is that the only people that know of Nodoka is Rin and Otoha, so my memory supports your memory that Futaba doesn't know about Nodoka.

Anyways I'd think Futaba wouldn't be that much surprised that he's fucking Nodoka, although I don't really see what reason she would have to be pissed off or anything, maybe a "Are you serious?!" and that's it. Maybe one of the Theorists can help out with what'll happen if Futaba catches Sensei X Nodoka.
Futaba is still disappointed in Nodoka for what she did with her books and how she treats people, and isn't patching things up with her in hopes that she learns a lesson (or starts acting better despite knowing what she does is wrong already.) If she catches Akira fucking her, she might be pretty pissed. At the very least hurt, because while she does know of some others, she doesn't know much, and it would still make her uncomfortable and likely sad, especially in Nodoka's case.

Slub

Oct 9, 2020
This is a reference to something that happened in real life on a Japanese game show (“Susunu! Denpa Shōnen”), where a man named Tomoaki Hamatsu (aka Nasubi) was forced to live off entirely sweepstakes he would have to fill out and nothing else while living in a cramped and dingy apartment space.

This went on from January 1998 to March 2002, and the story itself is both anger-inducing and heartbreaking.

I don’t have to mention that this entire situation is what inspired “A Life Of Prizes”, because that much should be obvious.

To anyone interested in Nasubi’s story who wants more details, Cr1TiKaL made a pretty good video going into it:

I highly recommend watching the documentary instead. Its‘s called ‚the contestant‘.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Otoha looks weird in this picture, probably on purpose. My guess is that Rin's about to talk down to her (probably including the option to reproach her about the trading).

I wonder if Otoha will use this moment to reveal her cheating, but then again why would she? She's a piece of shit.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Otoha looks weird in this picture, probably on purpose. My guess is that Rin's about to talk down to her (probably including the option to reproach her about the trading).

I wonder if Otoha will use this moment to reveal her cheating, but then again why would she? She's a piece of shit.
"Wait, THAT'S why you called it off? Because you felt bad about trying to shove your tongue down Niki's throat? Celebrity exception, dude."

Otoha's got some sins to account for, sure, but that's not one of them.

If I've got a shot at Anne Hathaway, I'm taking it. If my partner has a shot at Henry Cavill, and doesn't take it, I'd never let her live that down.

Edit, voiced by special guest Morgan Freeman: "Bargle does not, in any reality, have a shot at Anne Hathaway"

• Haha
Reactions: crustlord12

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
"Wait, THAT'S why you called it off? Because you felt bad about trying to shove your tongue down Niki's throat? Celebrity exception, dude."

If I've got a shot at Anne Hathaway, I'm taking it. If my partner has a shot at Henry Cavill, and doesn't take it, I'd never let her live that down.

Edit, voiced by special guest Morgan Freeman: "Bargle does not, in any reality, have a shot at Anne Hathaway"
Wakana and Imani were invited for a "celebrity exception", and turned it down because there is no exception without agreeing about it being an exception before the fact. Otoha sexually assaulted Niki while Rin was miserable because of her.

I'd be disappointed if Rin didn't see this difference.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023

I absolutely don't share this vision and I think it's shallow.

The point of loving someone is that they hold a special place in your heart nobody else can ever access.
The fact that you'd be willing to throw it all away just because you've got a "shot" with somebody who is famous means you didn't love your partner enough, it also means that your love can be traded for something material.

Being a celebrity is just a step on the totem-pole of "justifiable cheating"

At the top of the totem-pole you have things like celebrity, somewhere below you have "very wealthy" and so on... it's all a matter of how much someone is willing to trade a person for, because that's exactly what it is.
You swore your love to someone, but you are willing to exchange them for someone who is "better" like changing your Starter Pokemon for a Legendary just because they have higher stats.

I would never get rid of my starter, not even for a perfect stats shiny legendary

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes