barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Reading back through, I see discussion about Nozomu being Akira's brother? But I can't find messages discussing evidence on that. (I'd like to see more).
Regardless, at the very least, I think Rin is Sekai's with a considerable lack of info.
It's well established that Ami's (presumed) father is Akira's brother.

When you go to visit Sekai's grave, the headstone reads "Nozomu and Sekai Arakawa"

So it's not implied or hidden. It's laid out right in front of you multiple times throughout the game.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Assuming that Rin's mother is one of the currently known characters, I don't know how you'd explain her pink eyes. Perhaps those come from the father.

I also wonder whether Kaori's eyes are heterochromatic from birth or if that's a result of her surgery.

And is Sensei's eye color actually black? Do we know what the "true" color is?
1. Rika is Rin's adoptive mother, same as the other mom. So her eyes could come from either unnamed father or mother. I don't see how one of the known characters would be her biological mom.

2. Kaori's eyes seem to have always been that way because both Yumi and Yuki have known her since childhood and none of them comment on her having new eyes, or something to that effect.

3. Akira's eye color is silver, that's what other characters see when they compliment his eyes (presumably, since none have commented on his "bluejay/wishing well" eyes).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hm, besides Sensei (Akira), and Nozomu, there is one other and presumably the only other Arakawa male: Their father, who may be Yuu, and the prequel's Main Character.

We don't know much about him, but we do have Pareidolia implying that Sensei may end up like him:

Based off the themes of cycles, fucking teens, etc, it's not exactly impossible that Sensei is merely Yuu 2.0.

Possibly fucking his own sisters if his father was the one who seduced and knocked up Sara, Chiaki, Kyoko, and Rin's mother, to keep the cycle going, before he was eventually replaced by his children, which is what Nao seems to imply will be Sensei's fate.

To have his offspring carry him away:

I agree that it's interesting to have many differently aged viewpoints. And I think it's rather important for Akira to be at least 30 in this story because, although still illegal, if he was, say, 22 (sort of Imani's age) - I feel like he'd be closer to a gray area age-wise. No disrespect to early twenties folk, but sometimes when you talk with certain 20 year olds there's barely a difference than when talking to a 16 year old.

Obviously the teacher-student thing is simply a no-no, but if Akira was 22 and he went out with a 16 year old it'd be different than what it is. Cause I can hardly imagine how a 30 year old would go out with a 15 year old when even having a conversation with one can be hard at times (but I can imagine a 22 year old doing it though). Tbh, regardless, I don't even think the sex would make much sense cause they simply wouldn't be there mentally... Even Imani and Kaori would already be stretching it as dateable in my eyes (age-wise).
Also important to note that none of this would apply anyway because, as Yumi points out, Akira isn't dating a student - there's no gray area (other than the supernatural one): he's dating 20 different people and is basically one step away from a sex cult.

Last edited:

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
1. Rika is Rin's adoptive mother, same as the other mom. So her eyes could come from either unnamed father or mother. I don't see how one of the known characters would be her biological mom.

2. Kaori's eyes seem to have always been that way because both Yumi and Yuki have known her since childhood and none of them comment on her having new eyes, or something to that effect.

3. Akira's eye color is silver, that's what other characters see when they compliment his eyes (presumably, since none have commented on his "bluejay/wishing well" eyes).
Thx I didn't remember seeing Akira's younger form. And yeah the meaning I was trying to convey was: since none of the known adult characters have the same pink eyes as Rin, Rin's bio mom is either not part of the cast or she got her eyes from her dad. But even if she did inherit her eye color from her father, it wouldn't really make sense for a known character to be her bio mom cos none of the older girls (other than maybe Kaori) satisfy the "deranged / too young" description

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Kind of random, but I do think it's interesting to see different viewpoints on the game no matter one's age.

For me, Sensei is quite old, which definitely makes him more creepy in my eyes. I can't even imagine being 30, let alone being a 31 year old messing around with teens or...wizards.
It's quite interesting to see this difference in point of view, I spent a long part of my childhood and adolescence around adults, like adults even between 30 and 50 years old who weren't members of my family, and I had never realized how bizarre or scary this could seem to other people who always saw a child/adolescent with an adult and never people of similar age to him, so only nowadays can I understand how strange this can seem to other people, but I have I'm 99% sure that because I've been used to adults being close to me since childhood, I don't see it in the same scary tone that most people do because I'm already used to it.

Jul 1, 2018
It's well established that Ami's (presumed) father is Akira's brother.

When you go to visit Sekai's grave, the headstone reads "Nozomu and Sekai Arakawa"
I wasn't questioning that Ami's (presumed) father is Akira's brother. Just that Nozomu is Akira's brother, and I'd never read the gravestone. It wasn't until Sekai started bleeding through the world (Akira's mind) that I even learned her name.

I really should have expected that in a game where people pop in and out of being dead that the dead could come back(?), so I didn't see a reason to read it. I should have, obviously.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
DrDisrespect
Literal "who?"... just call her a pedo dude, no need to be 'extra' and throw random references in, but if you absolutely must, just add a note as to wtf the reference even is.
Kind of random, but I do think it's interesting to see different viewpoints on the game no matter one's age.

For me, Sensei is quite old, which definitely makes him more creepy in my eyes. I can't even imagine being 30, let alone being a 31 year old messing around with teens or...wizards.

Frankly, even someone that's Kaori's age getting with Sensei seems a little odd to me.

Meanwhile, I know others immerse themselves in Sensei, which brings out interesting PoVs. Those who don't, also bring out interesting PoVs. There's value to be found here, no matter the age of the player, imo.
Omg, how young are you man... is... is the 15 in your name your birth year? Are you 8 or 9 years old?...
tumblr_oz5qxu94Rh1tlb56zo1_400.gif

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
I don't like the theory, but Nozomu could have been going around fucking other girls. Sekai should have been around 41 now, if Nozomu's the same age, he'd be around 26 when Ami was born. One would have to see about Sara's age to see if it matches with him being a teacher to get her pregnant. But he definitely did something despite Ami claims of him being normal, because Sekai alludes to a "you won't believe what your brother did to me the other day/night" (forgot the exact quote).

Especially in the case of Sana and her brother, for her to inherit psychosis would make sense with the Arakawa bloodline (plus Sara's own dna).

However, I just feel like it would be too much. Like way too much. Nozomu would have ended up twisted same as Akira despite not having a Sekai in his life, the same family would have been going around doing basically the same kind of thing to everyone, Sara would have fallen in love with both brothers, many of the girls would be falling for their uncle - the list goes on and on.

I also feel like it would be too much for Sekai's family to have two sisters, for Nozomu to impregnate one, abandon her, run away with the other sister, marry her and then accept his child this time (when they're basically the same age).

Game's already complicated enough as it is, I highly doubt Nozomu being the father of anyone other than not Ami will prove true.
I'm withholding judgment on how effective or silly a reveal of predator Nozomu would be, given there's still so much we don't know about him, his family, and even how people's pasts/memories in Kumon-mi relate to the real world. Regardless, there does seem to be a lot of circumstantial evidence for the idea.

Sara and Sana are apparently chosen of the god Nozomu, who also messed with Sara's mind enough to give her blackouts. An avatar of "USER1" calls Sana "offspring" and claims to have known Sara sexually.
There's the "survived by one other" thing from the sports wars, which could refer to a relation of Sana's through her father - such as her half-sister Ami.
There's a possible foreshadowing of Sana and Ami being related.
More generally, the narrator in "Something Everyone Knows and Ignores" talks about a man who was forced to suppress his sexuality by his parents and responded by trampling a bunch of flowers. Trampling flowers is used in the game to refer to a predatory relationship between an older and a younger person, whether it be rape (Io and her abuser) or just skeevy and "consensual" (Akira and Ayane for example).
It's also been foreshadowed a few times that Akira might have niece(s) other than Ami:
I don't think there's any direct evidence for Rin and/or Chika being Akira's niece, but it's plausible especially when you compare their deadbeat dad situations to Sana's.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
The source of “Nozomu Arakawa being the possible dad to multiple girls” (especially Sana and Rin) is not because it is chronologically possible, but solely because the unexplainable taken place on these girls and their bio-moms is mostly under the label that represents the first god. That’s how the dude with the name of a god becomes the prime suspect regardless of feasibility.

I suppose one way to disengage Nozomu Arakawa from these allegations is to consider the possibility that he wasn’t the first god itself (in any shape or form) but was merely named after the first god due to Saki’s religion. That is, the mysterious situations revolving Rokuharas and Sakakibaras are still connected to the first god, but Nozumu Arakawa would just be some dude.

The leap here is of course to assume Saki’s religion being the same as Yasu’s. With its dated history being verified, it’s possible (only on technical terms) for this religion to have Saki as a worshipper at a past time, exploiting the gray area where the details of Saki’s religious beliefs remain unknown (iirc it wasn’t outrightly confirmed to be some mainstream religion but someone pls fact check me on this)

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I'm withholding judgment on how effective or silly a reveal of predator Nozomu would be, given there's still so much we don't know about him, his family, and even how people's pasts/memories in Kumon-mi relate to the real world. Regardless, there does seem to be a lot of circumstantial evidence for the idea.

Sara and Sana are apparently chosen of the god Nozomu, who also messed with Sara's mind enough to give her blackouts. An avatar of "USER1" calls Sana "offspring" and claims to have known Sara sexually.
There's the "survived by one other" thing from the sports wars, which could refer to a relation of Sana's through her father - such as her half-sister Ami.
There's a possible foreshadowing of Sana and Ami being related.
More generally, the narrator in "Something Everyone Knows and Ignores" talks about a man who was forced to suppress his sexuality by his parents and responded by trampling a bunch of flowers. Trampling flowers is used in the game to refer to a predatory relationship between an older and a younger person, whether it be rape (Io and her abuser) or just skeevy and "consensual" (Akira and Ayane for example).
It's also been foreshadowed a few times that Akira might have niece(s) other than Ami:
I don't think there's any direct evidence for Rin and/or Chika being Akira's niece, but it's plausible especially when you compare their deadbeat dad situations to Sana's.
All of this is correct more or less, and the "survived by one other" is what bugs me the most. However, I don't like the theory and since I said so, it is true (following Selebus discord rules).
not disputing that one, I'm refraining from lifting my hands above my head for a while now, since if I do, god might very well take it as a sign to pull me up.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Tbh though while the whole theory/s about Nozumo going on an impregnation streak and then just dissapearing into thin air is nice i believe its just one more instance of Sel trying to throw sand at our eyes.

Now about the whole "Akira becoming just like his father" comment that Pareidolia made.It makes me wonder.

We know that quite a sizable part of Akiras mental problems are due to his trauma and his(alleged) psycosis that he inherited from dear dad.The thing is though his torment doesnt end there.Gods and the resets are playing a huge part in his pain and suffering so with that in mind i present this mildly interesting and totally not strech-y question.

Would pareidolia be responsible for Yuus psycosis?(Not completely ofc but is he the reason why he never got better?).Since we have already established that Pareidolia wants to destroy everthing-Not through a "Through the ashes of the old the new shall be reborn" kind of way but in a "Chaos!!!" sort of way-and especially Akira.

Also just random thing but Nao is the first god weve seen that undermines our existance to this extent.Like the other gods are different.We are Pareidolias toy,Wires best boy and Hopes obsession.But Nao?Nao is different.Nao has the most GOD attitude out of all of them.How cute.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Only 2 events until the update is complete and of course Rika's events are the only ones left.
You mean to say that the update is complete then :ROFLMAO:

unless someone reminded Selebus before he announced it: "oh right, there's Rika".

I just hope Rika has an actual event about her this time cause my god - give this poor (and hot as fuck woman of an appropriate age and sex experience) some plot other than "I got a job" and "Imani sucks at kissing".

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Okay, speaking of tinfoil hat theories, I have a doozy for y'all to ponder:

What if Pareidolia's true identity is actually Yuu Arakawa?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This post has become too long, so here's a recap on the theory at hand:

- Yuu and Akira both have similar abilities and potential, relating to perception and manipulating the world as they see fit.
- Pareidolia's ability to cause hallucinations in people could very well be an example of what an unchained mind can accomplish once they're fully able to hone said abilities.
- Yuu as a character never appears in the game until Pareidolia's reset (Times New Roman) and once more in the midst of Pareidolia's season.
- In "Goodnight Moon", it's revealed that a figure in the corner of the room watches Akira, as Saki weeps into his shoulder mourning the loss of Yuu.
- While Yuu and Akira's relationship is currently unknown, we know that Saki didn't like him very much, especially after Yuu's death, since he reminded her of him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, there we have it! Feel free to rip this theory to shreds. Even so, I found it interesting to think about.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Okay, speaking of tinfoil hat theories, I have a doozy for y'all to ponder:

What if Pareidolia's true identity is actually Yuu Arakawa?

This portion of DeSkel's earlier post made my mind start racing:

Combine that with the fact that my second playthrough is still fresh in my mind, and I sort of had a 'eureka' moment.

Now you might be wondering, "How in the absolute fuck did you reach this possible conclusion?"

And to that I say, let me explain.

It started when I thought back to an earlier conversation I had with a friend. Particularly about Sana's "Ad Infinitum" event. When we see this:

We see that Sana encounters "HOPE" during her blackout. And the entire time, you sense that something's just kinda... off about Him and His speech. It's very uncharacteristic for HOPE:

The entire conversation "HOPE" has with Sana is framed to scare her. To drive her away from Him.

And who is it that winds up being the savior?

I want to emphasize the 'it's all in your head' and the 'nothing is real' stuff, because it will be important to this theory later.

Now then... how does this relate in any way to Pareidolia being Yuu?

Well, take a look again at all the weird shit Sana experienced in said event:

Seem familiar?

Pareidolia actively changes one's perception. How things look. And causes what are essentially hallucinations.

We know that Akira has special abilities. Abilities he has yet to unchain that can actively change the world they reside in. Yasu specifically tried to teach him how to do exactly this:

I want to pause there momentarily to emphasize Yasu's statement. "Everything you can imagine is real.". Quite the antithesis of Pareidolia's "Nothing is real. It's all in your head." comment, yeah? Let's continue:

What Yasu is telling Akira? Is precisely what Yuu also experienced. It's what he had to go through as well.

In the middle of Yasu's teachings, she suddenly becomes possessed by something:

You can tell it's Pareidolia possessing her due to her eyes. And the way the text seamlessly changes, something the Concerned has been known to do in the past and even in events after this.

I've done a lot of rambling, but now the time has come to get to the point. Why does any of what I've said matter?

Think about it. If Pareidolia's main gimmick is him causing hallucinations and actively changing one's perception... is it not at all possible that Yuu, a man who presumably completely unchained his mind, could do this?

Another interesting thing of note is we never even see Yuu as a character in the game until the Happy Event, "Rain King":

When do we see "Rain King" again? In Times New Roman. During Pareidolia's reset.

We even saw Yuu in the latest update once again, in Pareidolia's season, the Springtime:

We have no in game evidence to support what Yuu and Akira's relationship with each other was, and if they were on good or bad terms. But we do know how his mother felt about him:

Saki didn't like Akira because he reminded her too much of Yuu after he had passed away. And as we find out in "Goodnight Moon"... we get hints that Pareidolia had been watching over Akira for years and years now:

As Saki cried into young Akira's shoulder mourning over Yuu, who's to say that Akira wasn't thinking about him too? Who's to say he wasn't mourning in his own way by thinking of him, while at the same time, Yuu found a way to live on through his son from a different plane of existence?

This isn't to say that Akira and Yuu's relationship was a positive one, though. We get some glimpses of Yuu's earlier life, but nothing towards the end of his life. Perhaps Nozomu was always the favored son.

This post has become too long, so here's a recap on the theory at hand:

- Yuu and Akira both have similar abilities and potential, relating to perception and manipulating the world as they see fit.
- Pareidolia's ability to cause hallucinations in people could very well be an example of what an unchained mind can accomplish once they're fully able to hone said abilities.
- Yuu as a character never appears in the game until Pareidolia's reset (Times New Roman) and once more in the midst of Pareidolia's season.
- In "Goodnight Moon", it's revealed that a figure in the corner of the room watches Akira, as Saki weeps into his shoulder mourning the loss of Yuu.
- While Yuu and Akira's relationship is currently unknown, we know that Saki didn't like him very much, especially after Yuu's death, since he reminded her of him.

Well, there we have it! Feel free to rip this theory to shreds. Even so, I found it interesting to think about.
Pareidolia talks about Yuu though, it's right after Maya's been factory reset. He tells Akira to start behaving in the way his mother taught him to, and that if he doesn't, he really will end up like his father.
I don't see how or why he'd be talking about himself in third person, or how Akira is at risk of becoming another Pareidolia.

Edit: another issue is that if Yuu is Pareidolia, then it would follow that Wires, HOPE and USER 4 would also be Akira's relatives (because all gods are actually just one thing that is currently apart, and in that sense all of them together would be the "Arakawa Family Entity"). Likely Yuu, Saki, Nozomu and maybe himself as USER4. Which... also doesn't make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes