shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
On the other hand, Computer Science like PhiloPhilo said is an application of engineering, always trying to improve how computers read assembly faster, learn more skills and advance the field to improve how we carry on with life, which can also be taken as an application of science as people pursuit and apply knowledge to further undestand just what can be done within the digital realm.
From what I've seen, Computer Scientists and Software Engineers are just useful terms to the people who use them, rather than linguists outside of their circles. Computer Scientists are the ones creating and improving algorithims to encode video at faster rates and other technical advances. But their successes don't produce programs that do useful work on their own.

Software Engineers take those algorithims, improve whatever monster code base they're working on using them, figure out how to have them running alongside libraries created 30 years ago which still expects the year to be before 2000, and make them work together well enough to make games, power photoshop and make missiles hit their targets.

Oct 1, 2023
another tier list of Sel, while waiting for 0.42
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Selebus straight up lying about Ayane I love it.

Technically she is a good girl and she is very kind with everyone, she just has a very dark side and it would be difficult to quantify it on a real tierlist like this, so it might make sense to put her up there. Basically she is S tier good girl as long as you don't force her outside of it

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
STOP SKIPING THE SEX SCENES WITH MAYA SELLY YOU SON OF ######
That sounds like some major monkey paw shit. We aren't getting any explicit Maya scenes for a year or so. Sensei fucked Maya not too long ago and it was relegated to being offscreen and he refused to see her face.

They'll fuck and it'll be offscreen again and she'll just be in bed with the outfit like last time.

• Haha
Reactions: Silenterra
Dec 18, 2020
Hey, quick question – why does my skip button keep stopping working with every update? Is it because of the URM thing that's updating?
I mean, I can't skip through the "sandbox" events like dorms, etc

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
From what I've seen, Computer Scientists and Software Engineers are just useful terms to the people who use them, rather than linguists outside of their circles. Computer Scientists are the ones creating and improving algorithims to encode video at faster rates and other technical advances. But their successes don't produce programs that do useful work on their own.

Software Engineers take those algorithims, improve whatever monster code base they're working on using them, figure out how to have them running alongside libraries created 30 years ago which still expects the year to be before 2000, and make them work together well enough to make games, power photoshop and make missiles hit their targets.
the line is very blurry between the two. these days its sort of an expectation (at least at top schools) that grad students have some SWE work experience (ideally in big tech), so those Computer Scientists you speak of tend to be capable software engineers and they often *do* go ahead and provide implementations of their research to share with ppl. And on the other side of Software Engineers, at my company although most ppl just have bachelor's in CS/CE/EE we do a lot of cutting edge work that we patent (patents and esp the design docs backing them are very similar to research papers tbh) so there's plenty of innovation / novel computer science being done, and I know my company isn't unique in that regard

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
My god I'm still on the first event and this is already the best update ever

LET'S GO

Edit: aramaug is gonna have a stroke with the amount of evidence this event introduces regarding
theory.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Oof, my game crashed twice whilst trying to skip through repeatables to get to the next main event... definitely see why the game needed to update to a newer version.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Oof, my game crashed twice whilst trying to skip through repeatables to get to the next main event... definitely see why the game needed to update to a newer version.
I strongly advise anyone who hasn't upgraded the Ren'py framework to avoid animations entirely until they do so. That's where all my crashes are occurring.

Reactions: Bingoogus
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes