barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Perhaps by… suffering some kind of tremendous loss, a ‘complete’ person’s life is suddenly now ‘incomplete’?
I'll refer once again to this passage, as it lays out the core theme of the game quite well, and is also likely directly tied to what prompts the egg to crack.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is taken from Makoto's apology scene.

To reach the rooftop, they need to suffer. They need to cry. They need to become beautiful for Sensei.

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
How to continue girls story without grinding their stats/Affection?
As an alternative to URM you could use my mod; it's not as powerful as URM but simpler and faster to get all girls' love/lust up
I wrote a small mod that lets you skip the affection/lust point grind without having to go through the tedium of typing in cheat codes or having your save labelled with the cheater flag.

Features:
  • Sets all girls' affection and lust points to a value X unless they were already higher than X
  • Can set a specific girl's love/lust points
  • Written to be future-proof (i.e. will automatically work for any new girls, you will never need to update the mod)
  • Enables the developer console
Usage Instructions:
  • Download the attached file
    • Note: if you get sent to a new tab with a bunch of text, just right click and hit "Save as" and name it as z_set_love_lust.rpy
  • Move into the game subfolder (found in the folder that you launch Lessons in Love from)
  • Load a save and open the developer console with Shift + O
  • Press Enter a few times until you can see the ">" symbol in the top left of the screen
  • To update all girls' love and lust: type setLoveAndLust(X) and press Enter(for an example, see the image below)
    • Note: X must be an integer (aka whole number)
  • To update a specific girl's love or lust, for example Ami: type "ami_love += X" and/or "ami_lust += X" without the quotation marks and then press Enter.
    • Note: the girl's name must be fully lower-case.
    • This will increase their love/lust by X. If you want to make it equal to X then omit the plus sign
  • Press Esc to close the console and now you can play!

View attachment 1901303

Bonus stuff (not essential to read):

I recommend using this with the guide mod for max efficiency because other than grinding points, the main time-sink with this game is trying to trigger events.

If you want a version of the mod that lets you set affection and lust points separately (useful if you don't want to see any lust events), see here: https://f95zone.to/threads/lessons-in-love-v0-30-0-selebus.48158/post-10770605

Advice from alex2011 on how to use the mod so that you don't accidentally miss events (note: I used the mod myself with 50 affection from the start and didn't experience any issues. You can still miss events even if you follow the instructions below and you can still see all events while ignoring those instructions.):

Uninstall: delete the files z_set_love_lust.rpy and z_set_love_lust.rpyc from your game subfolder

I also made a mod that lets you scroll your mouse-wheel to simulate clicks (i.e. scrolling forward a bit makes the dialogue move forward by one mouse click), makes the game more convenient to play https://f95zone.to/threads/use-scroll-wheel-to-simulate-mouse-clicks.120507/#post-8406783

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Something about this specific bit kinda stands out to me, the bit about being complete makes someone stay on script... we've wondered for a long time what makes someone able to pierce the veil and i feel like this is a clue, we've discussed trauma and pregnancy and who has ever visited the roof but nothing has ever come up as a concrete connection, does this little detail change any of that, what does someone have to lose to be able to go off the script? What triggers someone to begin being able to perceive their past selves memories? You all know i'm too dumb to get this shit on my own so what do you guys make of this? DeSkelly? Mooney? Fdsas? Maug?
Honestly, I think it kind of comes down to this:

Being Whole may just translate to being Happy. Most of these girls are "happy" with how things are, even if it's not perfect. They are happy with their script that they were given. Happy to play the girl they are scripted to play.

When they truly go off script is when they become aware. When things happen that change who they are and what they want, or when they are not "happy here", they seem to become aware. Sana, for example, is wanting to be Happy, now:
Which seems to have made it so that she can acknowledge the reality of the world. She's not the same character she was scripted to be. She just didn't care about the weird things going on, until Sensei mentioned it.
  • Ayane had been happy until she got knocked up, and then lost the baby, which she still remembers. She wanted to be a mother, and that's what made her happy, what kept her going, but this world wouldn't allow that. She's had to go off script to be happy ever since.
  • Makoto has had to change again and again since Bluejay to be Happy. Bluejay broke her, then she was reset, but the memories of Bluejay forced her to try to change, then her father's death nearly broke her, but Ami helped her (Ami's the caretaker and cared for both Ayane and Makoto before they became aware), which allowed Makoto to instead focus on what makes her Happy. This is when the Unbluejay happens, she tricks Sensei into signing marriage papers, and then she's shown to have become aware of things. Her trying to be Happy, instead of simply being "happy here", may have been why.
  • Yumi was forced to re-evaluate what makes her Happy after Nodoka forced her to face herself, Chika, and what her future might look like (Yuki). This led to her trying to be Happy, by letting Yuki back in, being nice to Noriko and Futaba, etc.
  • Tsuneyo is a little different, but assuming that what happened to Molly forced her to re-evaluate what makes her Happy, then Sensei taking her on that date also changed what she thinks will make her Happy (Sensei), then this may explain why she's become aware.
Nodoka seems to be trying to liberate everyone, presumably like her mother tried to, in the past, from the script. From the game. She's doing this by more or less:

However, trying to break the mold seems to have crippled Nodoka's mother mentally, and may do the same to Nodoka. Kyoko didn't seem to have a Sensei to help like Nodoka might, though:
For those unaware, Nodoka's mother isn't able to take care of herself:
And we presumably know why, now. She fought the world, alone, and...lost.

Although, like Nao has pointed out:
I'm not sure if Nodoka's attempt at liberation is because she's actually smart enough to escape her script, or if it's simply how she was scripted.

Her noticing the stain, and her notes, may simply be what's supposed to happen, but if so, then who's to say that becoming aware, or getting to the roof during a reset, isn't part of the script.

We know it technically is, but if Sel is going that route, then this really can only end rather depressingly.

Edit: Also Maya and Sensei may have become aware because without eachother they weren't "happy here".

Last edited:

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Something about this specific bit kinda stands out to me, the bit about being complete makes someone stay on script... we've wondered for a long time what makes someone able to pierce the veil and i feel like this is a clue, we've discussed trauma and pregnancy and who has ever visited the roof but nothing has ever come up as a concrete connection, does this little detail change any of that, what does someone have to lose to be able to go off the script? What triggers someone to begin being able to perceive their past selves memories? You all know i'm too dumb to get this shit on my own so what do you guys make of this? DeSkelly? Mooney? Fdsas? Maug?
A longer post on Nodoka is on my to-do list, but my basic understanding of what's going on with her is that she's able to receive fragmentary thoughts and memories from one or more "other Nodokas", probably past versions of her that were factory reset. In contrast, the other characters also have these other selves, but they aren't mentally connected to them in any way.

If I understand correctly, what she believes is that:
  • Each time (for example) Futaba is factory reset, she's replaced with an exact copy of her pre-reset version. When presented with the same situations, she will act in exactly the same way - like an actor playing the same character each time. She's whole in the sense that the current Futaba is always a single consciousness in a single body.
  • Each time Nodoka is factory reset, a new piece is added to a connected web of Nodoka conscioussnesses. Since she can (to some extent) draw on her past experiences, she's able to act differently than she has in previous cycles. On the other hand, she's not whole because the "real Nodoka" is spread among all these different pieces.
It's definitely possible that this is connected in some way to being able to comprehend the cycles, but I'm still not sure what the trigger is. For Nodoka it seems to be a hereditary thing, she's said her mother had the same thing and it drove her insane (and her father is probably Yuu, who also had visions).

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020
Sensei - Where to start? He’s lost a lot. Sekai. His brother. His parents. His innocence. Not to mention, like Yuu, he’s special; a wildcard.

Maya - Maya Prime lost Akira, the love of her life, making her incomplete. She then made a divine wish that she could be with him forever, and like the story of Altair and Vega, was delivered to her in the worst way imaginable, leading to her curse and most likely the time loops themselves.

Ayane - She got pregnant with Himawari before Reset 3, somehow got the idea to meet with Sensei on the roof, and then showed up during said reset. Once the reset itself happened, Ayane was gone, along with the unborn Himawari. Her baby was now lost, making Ayane incomplete. Come Reset 4, Ayane shows up on the roof again, and this time, doesn’t disappear.

Makoto - Makoto started becoming aware of the time fuckery around the time of the solo beach trip with her, Sensei and Miku, but didn’t really begin perceiving things until after the death of her father. Masahiro was her reason for pushing herself in school and making her the person she was. She wanted to make him proud. And now that he’s gone, Makoto is now an incomplete person. In Reset 6, she shows up on the roof.
  • Ayane had been happy until she got knocked up, and then lost the baby, which she still remembers. She wanted to be a mother, and that's what made her happy, what kept her going, but this world wouldn't allow that. She's had to go off script to be happy ever since.
  • Makoto has had to change again and again since Bluejay to be Happy. Bluejay broke her, then she was reset, but the memories of Bluejay forced her to try to change, then her father's death nearly broke her, but Ami helped her (Ami's the caretaker and cared for both Ayane and Makoto before they became aware), which allowed Makoto to instead focus on what makes her Happy. This is when the Unbluejay happens, she tricks Sensei into signing marriage papers, and then she's shown to have become aware of things. Her trying to be Happy, instead of simply being "happy here", may have been why.
  • Yumi was forced to re-evaluate what makes her Happy after Nodoka forced her to face herself, Chika, and what her future might look like (Yuki). This led to her trying to be Happy, by letting Yuki back in, being nice to Noriko and Futaba, etc.
  • Tsuneyo is a little different, but assuming that what happened to Molly forced her to re-evaluate what makes her Happy, then Sensei taking her on that date also changed what she thinks will make her Happy (Sensei), then this may explain why she's become aware.
Considering you two, I guess Maya got resetted because she finally found happiness with Akira. She realized he remembered a lot of stuff and still loved her. But, paradoxically, that's what killed her – her own happiness. You shouldn't really be happy in this world.

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
(and her father is probably Yuu, who also had visions)
thats an interesting thought, do we have any evidence to support this? I thought Yuu was supposed to be Akira's father (and Saki, his mother) so I wonder what the circumstances would've been for Yuu to have a kid with Kyoko?

edit: also given that she's half Akira's age, Yuu would've had to die after impregnating Kyoko but he died when Akira was a kid so I think it's impossible

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Hmm, I don't think it would add something very substantial for RAS business because it lacks comparable examples. To explain this I want to point out what Nodoka currently could grasp first because I feel like we're trying to tackle more than one question all at once:
  1. Individuals can pass between planes. Types of passing vary. Two types that are validated by Nodoka in this update are physical teleportation and entering a mental state where actions of your body are guided by memories.
  2. The source of aforementioned memories isn't limited to "the you in this plane". You can be guided by memories that are, in this context, from "the you(s) in other plane(s)".
  3. Unlike the rest of the girls that would just "A-anyway!", Nodoka utilizes this phenomenon to guide herself, and ultimately finds out that the world is repeating. Thus her extension to this conclusion is that a script must have existed in order for a world to indefinitely repeat itself.
By listing these, my expanded bullet points are:
  • How Nodoka gains herself awareness to the fuckery is not simply from perceiving her past selves, but from experimenting with them and somehow answering the big question. The importance of "being whole or not" in this matter or in her case is not addressed.
  • Besides, I can't tell whether "no longer being whole" is the cause or the effect here. Nodoka can be referring to a mental state that is traumatized, or a mental state that is a superposition of selves from multiple planes combined.
  • Even if "no longer being whole" is the key to perceiving past selves memories, being able to perceive doesn't necessarily equate a trip to the rooftop (Ayane in reset3 with zero awareness), or landing you a place in RAS (Yumi and Tsuneyo in reset5), or timely landing you a place in RAS (Makoto remembered things way before reset6). Therefore trying to find what's not whole about the potential RAS members to correlate their fuckery awareness feels less like writing an answer to a question but more like writing a question for an answer.
A little sidetrack here is that one might even argue the definition of "past selves memories". Loose definition is any memory that doesn't make chronological sense, while stringent definition will be the memories from selves in the past cycles. Currently only Yumi is shown to be qualified under the stringent definition as someone who can apparently remember the detentions other iterations gave her. Still, remembering that hasn't landed her a place in RAS yet.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
thats an interesting thought, do we have any evidence to support this? I thought Yuu was supposed to be Akira's father (and Saki, his mother) so I wonder what the circumstances would've been for Yuu to have a kid with Kyoko?
It might have been too strong to say that Yuu is "probably" her father, but there is circumstantial evidence:
  1. Kyoko is one of the residents of the upside down house along with Saki, two other Nothing is Beautiful characters, and an unnamed male. Because of the NiB connection, people think it's Yuu.
  2. In the event where Sensei trades nudes with Otoha, he suddenly gets weird thoughts apparently coming from Nodoka's father ("Can you hear this Kyoko? Your daughter is a nightmare. She has my eyes.") with the attached photograph on the screen, probably meant to be from the upside down house. It's more likely these come from someone Sensei has a connection with rather than a random unnamed character. View attachment buddybug.webp
  3. There's joking references to Sensei and Nodoka being secret siblings which could be foreshadowing. See the "secret family" section of my post here.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes