shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
i'm curious: would you ever recommend LiL to friends/family? I think I'd die of embarrassment given how fucked it gets at times
I couldn't show this game to a lolicon much less my family (and I'd still say that after Selebus goes full big penis on the wizards).

Just describing the game makes it sound like it's a parody of games you should just never start getting into due to the size of the rabbit hole.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
There is nothing i find more aggravating when it comes to set-and-forget cookery than coming back to it, expecting a ready-to-eat hot meal, and finding out i forgot to press start... gotta wait another half an hour for my rice cooker to cook my forking rice.
I feel like this is a metaphor for something, but I can't parse it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
RIP to those people not healthy enough to see the true ending of this fucking game by the year of 2045 this is just ridiculous at this point. I think it's better to have a fast monologue of the character specific endings before showing the true end
I'm in the at-risk group and I hope Sel keeps the snail pace. My stubborn need to see how it ends is the only thing keeping this half-dead heart pumping.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I'm in the at-risk group and I hope Sel keeps the snail pace. My stubborn need to see how it ends is the only thing keeping this half-dead heart pumping.
Maybe... but i'm too retarded to think of one, but really, i just forgot to press down the switch to my cooker so instead of being met by the delicious smell of cooked brown rice upon going downstairs, i was instead met with the smell of disappointment and frustration.

• Haha
Reactions: BlackDays

daagagsdgd

May 9, 2019
You're getting my point backwards. I'm not starting from the idea that Nodoka is talking about Futaba's mother and then extrapolating that it must be Yuko, I'm starting from the idea that Nodoka is talking about Yuko and that Yuko and Futaba have been connected before, and then trying to interpret what Nodoka says about that connection here.

The things that Nodoka says about "she" in that passage point to Yuko more than they do to Kyoko:
  • "She" has the key to the attic. In "Lavender", Kyoko keeps telling Yuko to come downstairs while the screen shows stairs and "there's something in the attic" repeated.
  • "She" is the one who gets the groceries. Yuko is the one who fills the shelves with new books (so she has the ability to get physical items), and right after Kyoko tells her to "repopulate the shelves", her next sentence is telling her to put food on the table. When searching for something else, I just ran across an image from an old Apollo259 post that shows a shopping list with books and groceries signed with a Y.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not to mention that Yuko is clearly special in some way since Pareidolia doesn't list her as one of the five named residents of the house.

At no point did I suggest that Futaba wears lavender perfume because of a conscious memory of Yuko's hair. Supernatural/symbolic parallels are very much a part of this game.

But in any case, the connection between Futaba, lavender, and the upside down house is more than just her perfume. When Sensei tries to remember her story of the upside down house, he hallucinates (thanks to Pareidolia?) lavender plants over her.
In her first sexual scene, he compares her to a lavender garden.
When Nodoka brings up the girl with lavender hair, Sensei explicitly connects her to Futaba.
There's probably more that I don't remember. Honestly I didn't think it was controversial that there is some connection between Futaba and the girl with the lavender hair. Do you think Selebus intends it to be coincidence that two different characters are so strongly associated with lavender imagery?

It doesn't have to mean anything, but Nodoka's interest in Futaba seems to parallel Kyoko's obsession with Yuko.
I forget the event(s), but at some point Nodoka implied that she only became friends with Futaba in the first place (which was pre-resets) because there was something unusually interesting about her.

The mother possibility was just speculation based purely on the way that Nodoka worded her sentence, it was not an idea I seriously considered before this update. To me, Nodoka saying "you're special because she was" implies more than just similarity, she thinks that there is causation involved. Heredity is just one possible cause.

After thinking about it more, it's unlikely that Yuko is her mother. At some point Futaba said she looks like her mother, which probably means that she isn't adopted and her mother doesn't have lavender hair.

Futaba confirmed that Nodoka's mother is named Kyoko in this last update, though it was already speculated since Pareidolia listed a "Kyoko Nagasawa" along with other upside down house residents.
I’m pretty sure that Ai Ariyoshi is the one with lavender girl aka DOUBT. I remember seeing somewhere with a line stated with “Ai of this color” in lavender purple. Though I can’t recall where since it’s too ephemeral and I didn’t save the screen. Somehow that memory just etched in my brain so I’m 100 percent sure Ai is the one when I saw the list.

So far I haven’t seen any connection directly between Futuba and DOUBT. And I think her relationship with Nodoka is simply a parallel with relationship between Ai and Yuko, which again is an inherited cycle. The Upside Down House in her novel is probably due to influence of Nodoka who shares a lot of connection with it.

By the way Pareidolia seems to be the one who toyed Futaba in Clam’s Tongue. The Sound and visual effect bears many similarities with Molly in Second Holloween. And in the end of A Tree Falls In The Forest, the message appeared is signed by The Concerned, aka Pareidolia, which leads to ponder on the reason and if Pareidolia has any further scheme on Futuba.

P.S. I actually believe Yuko is the diminutive of “Kyoto” rather than “Ariyoshi”? Though I’m not against the thory that Ai wanted a name resemble to the one she loved, that is 有吉愛->有子(?) , despite that Aiko 愛子 seems more plausible.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024
I feel like the bottom image comes after Sensei entering the class because of Noriko's pose, or it's just Ami said some stuff in the image above, I am not sure if previews are in-order of events or random.
For me this was my first post, although it was my first, it wasn't the main thing I wanted to post, I joined to ask how I can delete the 12.5gb of saves I had and to download updates. First two posts was just a introduction since I found it would be rude of myself to just waltz in and ask for help especially regarding saves. Although afterwards I just couldn't help but join in, I love socializing. (sort of)

i'm curious: would you ever recommend LiL to friends/family? I think I'd die of embarrassment given how fucked it gets at times
Friends? yeah I've done that, but family? I think the only time you'll hear me then is the afterlife.

Ok good news.She doesnt have crazy eyes.Guys we are safe,chika doesnt have crazy eyes.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Maybe... but i'm too retarded to think of one, but really, i just forgot to press down the switch to my cooker so instead of being met by the delicious smell of cooked brown rice upon going downstairs, i was instead met with the smell of disappointment and frustration.
Ahh that age issue is showing itself again. I do believe you may have quoted the wrong post. Do you need help crossing the road too :ROFLMAO: .

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Lets suppose that all the regulars in the thread are 20.
On each leg maybe, and if somehow I was an entity that had more than two of them.
Yumi's so shocked her clothes stopped rendering midway through :ROFLMAO: Also, interesting that Chika's necklace is the caption for this one.

All in all, Yumi will be fine unless Chika throws her over the railing.

• Haha
Reactions: Antosha and Riolol

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I love that you responded to the wrong message, here. I get bad brain days, too.

*takes box of pizza rolls out of freezer*
*arranges them in microwave*
*does not push any buttons*
*walks away for two minutes*
*comes back and takes them out of freezer*
*stares at them wondering why they still have frost on them*

(this has happened more than once)

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
On each leg maybe, and if somehow I was an entity that had more than two of them.

Yumi's so shocked her clothes stopped rendering midway through :ROFLMAO: Also, interesting that Chika's necklace is the caption for this one.

All in all, Yumi will be fine unless Chika throws her over the railing.
Chikas relationship with Yumi is that of family.I truly believe that she would rather share than cut her off.Imagine an Uta Io situation but a tiny bit healthier.

4.20 star(s) 297 Votes