Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I experienced something similar to this but it probably isn't what you're thinking.

My wife was watching youtube in the living room, and out of nowhere I started hearing one of Sharou's songs coming from her general direction; fucking Sharou! (iirc it was this one but I might've confused it with this artist's other songs).

Reasonably, I spilled my tea and immediately went into panic, thinking that she figured me out or worse, she played this shit too. But turned out it really was just a random youtube clip using it as BGM and it had nothing to do with LiL (the audacity!)
View attachment 3951632
I had a similar thing last year. I was in Japan, walking around somewhere in Kanazawa (near Katamachi maybe) and I started to hear "beyondthewayoftime.mp3" (ピアノ39『時の道を越えて』) playing in the distance. I thought to myself "Well, it looks like I have finally gone insane and I'm hearing a lil song in my head". Then I decided to walk towards it to find out if I was in fact going insane or not. Turned out it was playing over a department store/mall PA system for some reason. I guess it must be royalty free background music and maybe they played it at midday or a set time every day.

ElaineZol

Sep 28, 2022
You know, I expect Selebus being arrested for creating LiL :HideThePain:
Sooner or later it will happen
That is something I've been wondering for quite a while, I am not American so I'm not sure how the law treats it, but it's not like his content is a secret considering he is on Twitter and other stuff where people can make connections, and the game does contain more than talks about wizard stuff, there are literal drawings and shit about it.

Oct 1, 2023
That is something I've been wondering for quite a while, I am not American so I'm not sure how the law treats it, but it's not like his content is a secret considering he is on Twitter and other stuff where people can make connections, and the game does contain more than talks about wizard stuff, there are literal drawings and shit about it.
There already IS wizard content if you consider care packages

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Never actually used those.Having my save fucked over is too much of a pain.What do they have? Also they arent cannon right?
Just adult Miku having sex with a bunch of wizards (wizard content wise).The care packages themselves have some interesting stuff, like adult Maya being adorable, Uta and Io throuple, and adult Chinami cucking both Tsukasa and Chika).

And no, they are not canon. As for wizard content, there are flashbacks of Sekai with kid Akira on the main game.

It's likely that we'll have it with wizard Maya at some point as well. Tbh if Selebus is ever going to do wizard content (which it seems like where this is going with Tsukasa), it would make a lot of sense to do it via flashback with Maya first, since it would soften the blow on his audience somewhat.

There is also the phone message with wizard Uta.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I experienced something similar to this but it probably isn't what you're thinking.

My wife was watching youtube in the living room, and out of nowhere I started hearing one of Sharou's songs coming from her general direction; fucking Sharou! (iirc it was this one but I might've confused it with this artist's other songs).

Reasonably, I spilled my tea and immediately went into panic, thinking that she figured me out or worse, she played this shit too. But turned out it really was just a random youtube clip using it as BGM and it had nothing to do with LiL (the audacity!)
View attachment 3951632
I have no idea how some people here were able to broach the topic of this game with their significant others. It took a lot of effort on my part just to admit to my wife that I have played a game like Eternum
"Honey have you heard of this game called Lessons in Love?"
"Also what's the "Word of The Day?"
"Hey babe, do you have a 100% 0.42 save?"
I guess it's toeing that very fine line of media like the book Lolita. The game doesn't really seem to endorse the ideas it presents, albeit maybe on a surface level, but if you dig into the protagonist you can see he's a horrible and conflicted person... I can say without any hesitation that I feel pretty shitty for playing this game sometimes, like almost a sort of guilt. But at the same time I'm relieved I don't connect with the protagonist whatsoever and it's more like I'm watching a very, very, very, very long car crash happen (pun intended). I'm just too invested in his downfall and potential redemption. But damn if the subject matter doesn't make me feel pretty skeezy from time to time

Dc345

May 27, 2020
I have no idea how some people here were able to broach the topic of this game with their significant others. It took a lot of effort on my part just to admit to my wife that I have played a game like Eternum
It's honestly alot easier if your significant other is degenerate if not a bigger degenerate than you. But in my case I turned my girlfriend off the game after a scuffed attempt at explaining the lore to her.

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
It's honestly alot easier if your significant other is degenerate if not a bigger degenerate than you. But in my case I turned my girlfriend off the game after a scuffed attempt at explaining the lore to her.
"So theres this teacher,middle aged,in his 30s.He has been abused as a child by his pseudo-step mother and she died in a car crash.He suffers from extreme dellusions and is trapped in a time loop where if he gets to close to discovering the truth about who he is or what is happening his mind short curcuits and he "dies"."

"Oh ok that sounds interesting.I can see lots of psycological stuff being into play.So whats next?"

"Uhhh well.He is also an extreme pedophile,a pathological liar,a manipulator,a narcissist and he takes from his abuser and preys on younger girls.Multiple in fact.Sometimes he even fucks their parents or fucks unfaithfull women and manipulates them into accepting it."

"..."

"I want to break up"

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
"Also what's the "Word of The Day?"
1724252198298.png
I had a similar thing last year. I was in Japan, walking around somewhere in Kanazawa (near Katamachi maybe) and I started to hear "beyondthewayoftime.mp3" (ピアノ39『時の道を越えて』) playing in the distance. I thought to myself "Well, it looks like I have finally gone insane and I'm hearing a lil song in my head". Then I decided to walk towards it to find out if I was in fact going insane or not. Turned out it was playing over a department store/mall PA system for some reason. I guess it must be royalty free background music and maybe they played it at midday or a set time every day.
Lies. You went to Kumon-mi didn't you! You've seen god GOD goD God!
Shame. You could've said hi to angel 1 and 2 if you went to twenty third floor.

Noooo I didn't broach nothing! Definitely no to her :LOL:
I tend to fly under the radar for as long as I can and I won't hesitate to invoke my Miranda rights if I get busted.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Since it's a fictional depiction, it's a grey area, and the courts are divided (but I don't think the SCOTUS has ruled on it to clarify the issue, which just keeps it confusing). I do remember reading about a case 15-20 years back in which the court ruled that adults portraying non-adults in adult film were not in violation of the laws as written, and that would also imply that animated depictions would also be fine -- but the way US courts are structured puts you at the mercy of regional variations unless a case reaches the Supreme Court, and I don't know if that particular case got that far. And the current Supreme Court has also established that past precedent no longer matters, so things can get bumpy fast.

The reason Patreon and other websites avoid that kind of content is because they exist in ALL jurisdictions, and there are jurisdictions where the courts are much more conservative on this kind of thing, so they're erring on the side of caution.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
"So theres this teacher,middle aged,in his 30s.He has been abused as a child by his pseudo-step mother and she died in a car crash.He suffers from extreme dellusions and is trapped in a time loop where if he gets to close to discovering the truth about who he is or what is happening his mind short curcuits and he "dies"."

"Oh ok that sounds interesting.I can see lots of psycological stuff being into play.So whats next?"

"Uhhh well.He is also an extreme pedophile,a pathological liar,a manipulator,a narcissist and he takes from his abuser and preys on younger girls.Multiple in fact.Sometimes he even fucks their parents or fucks unfaithfull women and manipulates them into accepting it."

"..."

"I want to break up"
In all actuality that's not to far off :KEK:. It just took me 30 odd minutes to explain it.
Noooo I didn't broach nothing! Definitely no to her :LOL:
I tend to fly under the radar for as long as I can and I won't hesitate to invoke my Miranda rights if I get busted.
"WHO IS TOUKA AND WHY IS SHE BEING EATEN OUT BY THAT OLD LADY WHO'S SPEAKING IN NUMBERS?!"
"......"
"I want to speak to a lawyer...."

4.20 star(s) 298 Votes