Dc345

May 27, 2020
OK so now it turns out the Are You Happy Here Twitter page is an official entity of the Lessons in Love Universe. SO now we have a full blown ARG basically 2 weeks before the update. Recently the twitter page has been reposnding to fan dm's/fan art and this was one of the questions.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also this was posted yesterday to kick off the supposed Arg.
Edit: At the time of this post nothing has been updated, but if anything else changes or is posted I'll more than likely make separate posts or update one of my earlier posts.

daagagsdgd

May 9, 2019
Dunno if anyone has posted these before. But it seems that recently account @AreYouHappyHere is kinda active and it gives us more insights to Upside Down House. I will post some that might contribute.

1724519846953.png
The writer of recent tweets is confirmed to be Kyoko, mother of Nadoka. And the man providing supplies is Yuu? Yuu is the one who put girls in house arrest? Wonder if Yuko and the man here has any connections.

1724520046920.png
Oh Lord Shiori is not only some devil doppelganger of Nodoka. She's another resident in House and seems to enjoy a good relationship with Ai Ariyoshi, which kinda kills my theory that Ai is Yuko, but I will accept it humbily. Then Shiori mentioned by Himawari, that might be a workmate of her came from The House too...We need to think about it.

1724520327742.png
Have we ever seen the name Setsuna before? Is she Yuko since Kyoko wants to pay her with flesh? But Setsuna is often used as a given name...
Setsuna and Sekai remind me of School Days. Wait, most characters in LiL have alliterative name. Setsuna Sekai, it can't be right?

1724520530347.png
The man never came into the House.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Have we ever seen the name Setsuna before? Is she Yuko since Kyoko wants to pay her with flesh? But Setsuna is often used as a given name...
Setsuna and Sekai remind me of School Days. Wait, most characters in LiL have alliterative name. Setsuna Sekai, it can't be right?
It could be, but it would be out of place. Nozomu Arakawa, Yuu Arakawa, Saki Arakawa, Kyoko Nagasawa - characters out of the simulation don't seem to have alliterative names.
Dolor is a word in English:
Huh. So it's just Selebus being his usual poetry douchebag.

• Haha
Reactions: LessonsInDissonance

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Nah but if Sel takes this step into connecting an ARG vibe with NiB and LiL i am getting the pitchforks.NiB is still in an unstable state so why would you try to add more details to it? Ig ill wait until Dc345 spoonfeeds me the posts so i can start brainstorming cause i am NOT creating a twitter for this(Unless it becomes beig enough ig)

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Oh Lord Shiori is not only some devil doppelganger of Nodoka. She's another resident in House and seems to enjoy a good relationship with Ai Ariyoshi, which kinda kills my theory that Ai is Yuko, but I will accept it humbily. Then Shiori mentioned by Himawari, that might be a workmate of her came from The House too...We need to think about it.
I've been wondering if this might be the case for a while. In her manic state, Nodoka says that she's infected with thoughts from a "second me".
That "second me" might be Nodoka's upside down reflection, given her interest in the topic.
Shiori is Nodoka's "twin" and is responsible for her actions in her manic state. I think that's because Shiori is the "second me" who is infecting her thoughts.
The thoughts that she's apparently infected with are causing her to write things connected to the upside down house on her board.
And to start talking from the perspective of an upside down house resident while she's digging at the abandoned school.
So if these thoughts are coming from Shiori, it makes sense that she's in the upside down house.

I'm still unclear on who exactly Shiori is, though. If she's Nodoka's "twin", is she a daughter that Kyoko had in the house? If she's just "another Nodoka" why isn't her name also Nodoka? The versions of Kyoko in Kumon-mi and in the house have the same name (or maybe they actually are the same person and the scenes in the house are from the past?).

If she's the same Shiori who is Himawari's coworker, that means that she's not stuck in the house like the main residents seem to be. Does Himawari also have a connection to the house? Is she the girl with blue eyes from Nodoka's dreams and the waterlogged journal?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I've been wondering if this might be the case for a while. In her manic state, Nodoka says that she's infected with thoughts from a "second me".
That "second me" might be Nodoka's upside down reflection, given her interest in the topic.
Shiori is Nodoka's "twin" and is responsible for her actions in her manic state. I think that's because Shiori is the "second me" who is infecting her thoughts.
The thoughts that she's apparently infected with are causing her to write things connected to the upside down house on her board.
And to start talking from the perspective of an upside down house resident while she's digging at the abandoned school.
So if these thoughts are coming from Shiori, it makes sense that she's in the upside down house.

I'm still unclear on who exactly Shiori is, though. If she's Nodoka's "twin", is she a daughter that Kyoko had in the house? If she's just "another Nodoka" why isn't her name also Nodoka? The versions of Kyoko in Kumon-mi and in the house have the same name (or maybe they actually are the same person and the scenes in the house are from the past?).

If she's the same Shiori who is Himawari's coworker, that means that she's not stuck in the house like the main residents seem to be. Does Himawari also have a connection to the house? Is she the girl with blue eyes from Nodoka's dreams and the waterlogged journal?
The only thing I can add that's certain to all of this is that the events of the house happened in the past, and were, presumably, the start of the supernatural tampering with the gates but maybe not the resets.

All of this comes from "it all started before you were born, on the house by the lake".

Adding a bit of theorycrafting, we know Kyoko, or a version of her, got out of the house by the lake, because she gave birth to Nodoka and later had her body be taken care by her as her mind slipped somewhere.

From this, we can speculate that the events of the house by the lake are not the same as the resets because Kyoko, although she got out, did not ascend, but had to slip her mind after the events, still searching for her answer.

Maybe the events of the house were stopped somehow and everyone managed to escape to the real world again, which bodes well to the current simulation. Or, maybe they concluded but had another end goal, or even Kyoko was the odd one out.

Second theory, and wilder than the first, is that the events of the house by the lake aren't prior to Nodoka being born, but after it. Maybe Kyoko slipped into the house by the lake after Nodoka was born, and is there right now. This would align with Shiori also being there, but not Yuu or Saki (who are already dead).

Edit: Also, a lake is often used as a symbol for a gateway into another dimension, and an upside down house could be the reflection of a house by the lake on the surface of the water. Maybe the start of the supernatural events had to do with transporting the house into another realm, idk.

Last edited:

daagagsdgd

May 9, 2019

Hmm interesting, I always take "the second me" occasionally mentioned by Nodoka as a revealing from Kyoko (or "Nodoka Nagasawa" in real life because I actually perceive Upside Down House as a threshold between reality and simulation, I could talk more on "boiler room" I found here and there later as a wedge) in The House

The wooden Upside House Room is always said to be located in outside world.

Nodoka saw "the reflections in the mirror". Interesting is that the name Kyoko can be written as combination of Kyo-鏡 (mirror) and feminine suffix 子. And we all know that Nodoka is not fond of mirrors.

The narrator in Hall of Mirrors told us the mirror reflects precisely what we actually hate and love, whille without them all will be what we want them to be without fear of facing the truth.

The girl in her dream seems to be an appearence of Yuko since she specifically described her as "The girl with the eyes and the hair" and "want to have intercourse with."

I admit that girl from Waterlogged Journal might be Himawari. But did Nodoka mention the girl in the dream have blue eyes? Or it's Makoto who dreamed on her? I don't quite remember.

Whatever the case is, the girl in the dream must have told Nodoka about Shiori, either as a roommate or workmate. Though I'd say situation where Himawari introduced herself as Shiori to Nodoka would be too hilarious since Himawari literally cosplayed Nodoka right after it.

And "Plates of gray food and lavender hair" seems also what Kyoko would ramble on since Shiori apparently has intimicy with Ai instead of Yuko.

By the way, at the end of event Nodoka said by herself that the only to discover the truth is to "turn around, walk in a different direction and open the door"

The phrasing and composition suddenly reminded me of someone else.

You must wake up.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
The only thing I can add that's certain to all of this is that the events of the house happened in the past, and were, presumably, the start of the supernatural tampering with the gates but maybe not the resets.

All of this comes from "it all started before you were born, on the house by the lake".

Adding a bit of theorycrafting, we know Kyoko, or a version of her, got out of the house by the lake, because she gave birth to Nodoka and later had her body be taken care by her as her mind slipped somewhere.

From this, we can speculate that the events of the house by the lake are not the same as the resets because Kyoko, although she got out, did not ascend, but had to slip her mind after the events, still searching for her answer.

Maybe the events of the house were stopped somehow and everyone managed to escape to the real world again, which bodes well to the current simulation. Or, maybe they concluded but had another end goal, or even Kyoko was the odd one out.

Second theory, and wilder than the first, is that the events of the house by the lake aren't prior to Nodoka being born, but after it. Maybe Kyoko slipped into the house by the lake after Nodoka was born, and is there right now. This would align with Shiori also being there, but not Yuu or Saki (who are already dead).

Edit: Also, a lake is often used as a symbol for a gateway into another dimension, and an upside down house could be the reflection of a house by the lake on the surface of the water. Maybe the start of the supernatural events had to do with transporting the house into another realm, idk.
I'm not sure the house by the lake is the same as the upside down house. Ami remembers Grandma's house by a lake, so wherever it is now, it was accessible during her lifetime.
And it sounds like Grandma's house didn't have running water, but the upside down house has a boiler and Kyoko talks about taking a shower.
So it's still possible that the upside down house is a reflection of Grandma's house and indoor plumbing was added later or something, but I'm not aware of evidence for that. Things starting before Akira was born could be as simple as Yuu's psychosis and its connection to Pareidolia.

I do actually like the idea that Kyoko's consciousness is currently in the upside down house, and she can't take care of herself in Kumon-mi because she's essentially in a permanent version of one of Sensei's blackouts. When Futaba says that she slipped somewhere upside down, Nodoka asked if she saw Kyoko, so Nodoka thinks (a version of) Kyoko is out there in some place that's upside down.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
The wooden Upside House Room is always said to be located in outside world.
There is also the possibility Nodoka is talking about the gate, not a house (also please take note that the torii Himawari, presumably, shows us is by a lake).
Also about toriis, since I started, there's a possibility that Kumon-Mi itself is the space in the middle of the torii, a space between the real and the supernatural. I didn't think about this when I first read it, but take a look:
I mean, it has been said many times that the things that happen in kumon-mi are both real and not real.

To finish it off, let's go back to Nodoka. Cause apparently she's trying to find Shiori? (or Kyoko) That flew over my head.
If only Nodoka wasn't Nodoka, cause it's very compelling to see someone literally fighting the world with only fragmented memories of past selves as allies. Each being erased and leaving scraps forward so that one Nodoka might eventually crack the mystery and make their efforts mean something.

Last edited:
Reactions: aramaug
4.20 star(s) 298 Votes