Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I think Kaori's scenes tend to have a great balance of humor, character, and plot. "Mysterious Abundance of Chickens" and "Wither" to name two favorites.
This made me feel validated with one of my old posts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's one thing for a story to be great when you have complex and important moments, like Maya confessing her feelings, or Akira smiling at his daughter, or Chika's mom looking at her house full of life again from the portrait - there are countless of them.

But it's rare even among great stories to be able to pull off "THIS CHICKEN SAVED YOUR LIFE!" and have you so into it that you not only take it seriously, but find it a great moment.
Oh, and I think I may be alone in this one, but I love the event with the japanese name (including the ), commonly referred to as "Sekai's restoration". I've loved it since the second replay though, and that's because I interpret it as "Akira's restoration" rather than Sekai's. Himawari (?) says in the event before it that "it can be beautiful to see something die in fragments, but it's even more beautiful to see it restored". And that is what LiL is about for me.
Also, it links beautifully if you look at it this way, because in the event "I will deliver you to the fireflies", Akira rejects Sekai for Maya.
And Himawari shifts from helping Sekai being restored to helping Akira being restored, in spite of Sekai coming back with it.

From that same perspective, "Miserably ever after" with its "I have disregarded the message from the desk of the ninth god, Pareidolia will have my head for it, but I know from experience that wires can only do so much - we are coming for you." gives me a lot of hope.
A lot of my other favorite moments overlap with those already mentioned, but I don't think anyone mentioned the event when Maya gets her scarf. Man, what a haunting scene when you have the context. I recommend rewatching it.

Edit: Fairytale and Cicadian Rhythm are also special to me. Because not only Ayane becomes a heroine by finding her mother in her daughter (family), but it has some sentences that just live rent free in my head:

Last edited:

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Oh, and I think I may be alone in this one, but I love the event with the japanese name (including the ), commonly referred to as "Sekai's restoration".
Nahh, you’re definitely not alone. Sleepsong is a banger to listen to.

Really, the majority of the game’s soundtrack is. I listen to it unironically.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Jesus Christ, and I thought DeSkel was a psychopath for liking Nodoka.
I mean... are you wrong though?
Kind of worrisome :ROFLMAO:
It's more like I pity Nodoka, tbh.

The whole ending up like her mother, and her trying to liberate everyone stuff from last update:

Was something I've predicted since, well, early on:
Nodoka is protective of those she cares about and sees them being caged as bad for them. The Resets are likely evil in her eyes. Nodoka values freedom.

The ending up as her mother part, was more of a guess, but there were a few hints:

I had thought she might end up being some kind of trump card against this world, but as time goes on, it seems more like she'll end up as Lessons in Love's Icarus, which flew too close to the sun, and ended up drowning. Maybe even literally?:

She's definitely in my top 10, though. Anyone who actually hates her...well, I see them as the crazy ones, lmao. Kind of pity them as well.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Jesus Christ, and I thought DeSkel was a psychopath for liking Nodoka.
Lmao, look, it's not like i love it cause it got my dick hard or something, i love it because it was powerful, that it had an impact on me. It was awful to witness, but it wasn't awful in its construction, it was extremely well done and i'm not someone that needs something to put a smile on my face for me to find it beautiful.

Don't get me wrong, i understand why most people might look at what i said and wonder wtf is wrong with me, but remember, this is fiction, as a species we use fiction to explore what could be, what might be, and also what we wish never was. I'm never ever going to want to hear a real story that mirrors Io's, i couldn't stomach it, literally, even imagining the concept as i type this has my stomach churning, but to safely explore it through fiction, well done fiction at that... it's a gift, one i am thankful for, one that adds greater depth to my experience as a thinking consciousness in this ridiculously absurdist universe.

Stomachache had an impact on me and it's one i will remember many many times in the future. I love it for that; the older i get, the rarer and rarer such experiences come upon me, i'm a misanthropic lump of jaded humanoid flesh, so anything that make me feel something real is something of tremendous value to me.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Lmao, look, it's not like i love it cause it got my dick hard or something, i love it because it was powerful, that it had an impact on me. It was awful to witness, but it wasn't awful in its construction, it was extremely well done and i'm not someone that needs something to put a smile on my face for me to find it beautiful.

Don't get me wrong, i understand why most people might look at what i said and wonder wtf is wrong with me, but remember, this is fiction, as a species we use fiction to explore what could be, what might be, and also what we wish never was. I'm never ever going to want to hear a real story that mirrors Io's, i couldn't stomach it, literally, even imagining the concept as i type this has my stomach churning, but to safely explore it through fiction, well done fiction at that... it's a gift, one i am thankful for, one that adds greater depth to my experience as a thinking consciousness in this ridiculously absurdist universe.

Stomachache had an impact on me and it's one i will remember many many times in the future. I love it for that; the older i get, the rarer and rarer such experiences come upon me, i'm a misanthropic lump of jaded humanoid flesh, so anything that make me feel something real is something of tremendous value to me.
Yeah I was mostly just giving you a hard time, sorry about not making my tone more clear. I agree with you that Stomachache was a really powerful event with top tier writing. I have no problem with someone listing it as a favorite.

...What I do have a problem with is admitting you actually want to watch it again, you sick fuck. Just kidding ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus
Jan 1, 2024
Is the game complete? Because it's been a long time since the last update
Nah man, it isn't complete until years later, it's getting updates the first day of every month (not guaranteed/always)

A war in the community regarding piracy broke out that had split the community in half but at the same time one half had
spammed mods with IP memes or something, you'll probably find explanations if you search up keywords, maybe war or piracy.

You can check the first page and see it does get updated.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Is the game complete? Because it's been a long time since the last update
There is a real chance Half Life 3 will come out before LiL finishes.

It is updating every month, it will just never hit the update queue again due to the drama. Latest update has been a banger and if you haven't been playing the game it will take you a month or two to reach it.

skwada

Feb 13, 2020

I completely agree with you on this

I don't know what my favorite event in the game would be but Stomach ache is probably the one that stands out most in recent memory. It's funny 'cause at this point, I think I've forgotten most of the game so I can't give a proper answer (and I feel like my experience of the game is prolly somewhat hindered by it, but oh well!).

I guess one event that I can still recall despite reading it who knows how long ago is the one with Ami + Sekai at the grave, made me feel like crying :)

edit: the og Ami grave event from ch1 is also one of the best imo. Especially that line when Akira says he tells Nozomu / Sekai every night about what's been going on in Ami's life

edit: I went back to find the events, the one that made me feel like crying is the ch1 event "O World (In Our Final Moments)" and the one with Sekai is called "Outcry of the Hunted Hare"

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020
Anyone who actually hates her...well, I see them as the crazy ones, lmao. Kind of pity them as well.
Your Honour, in my defence, I may be crazy, even without disliking Nodoka. But yes, I do hate her. But I don't want to start any waifu wars or anything like that. I just want to say that I hate her as a person in general: for what she's done and for the fact that she freaking exists. Cuz I do dislike "smart" people like her irl, and I'm going to do the "Yumi treatment" for people like Nodoka in reality. Hell, I already did that once in middle school. It felt pretty damn good. Alas, they yanked me away from the "poor" asshole.
But do I hate Nodoka as a character? Hell no. I've said a billion times that I like her as a character, but not as a person. And hell, I liked her a lot in the beginning. But that just means that Selebus can create not just a pretty waifu, but.... whatever Nodoka is.
So, yeah. I MIGHT have some anger issues. And don't pity me, plz.

Reactions: crustlord12

Dc345

May 27, 2020

The whole ending up like her mother, and her trying to liberate everyone stuff from last update:

Nodoka is protective of those she cares about and sees them being caged as bad for them. The Resets are likely evil in her eyes. Nodoka values freedom.

The ending up as her mother part, was more of a guess, but there were a few hints:

I had thought she might end up being some kind of trump card against this world, but as time goes on, it seems more like she'll end up as Lessons in Love's Icarus, which flew too close to the sun, and ended up drowning. Maybe even literally?:

She's definitely in my top 10, though. Anyone who actually hates her...well, I see them as the crazy ones, lmao. Kind of pity them as well.
You might have to add on some more pity after Nodoka got voted to be the most likely to fuck a snake in Sel's latest tier list.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019

I know this is a subject that has been kind of beaten to death, but I don't think I've shared my own take on it yet, even if it overlaps a lot with what others have said. Warning: wall of text incoming.

Dc345

May 27, 2020
I'm starting to think the new bonus animations have quietly replaced the care packages. A new monthly release that can't be leaked that's used to put more money in his pockets. Ole Selebus finally figured out how to combat piracy and thats by making it available to everybody.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I mean... are you wrong though?
Kind of worrisome :ROFLMAO:
I actually like Sekai more than Nodoka. Nodoka isn't terrible though, she just sometimes pisses me of.

I am comeplitely get what Deskel saying nonetheless, people around nodoka are so used to think about her as about a terrible person, that in absolutely no one sided with her despite she was kind of right.

On the other side, she was a terrible friend for Futaba. Ignore the book, she fucked Sensei despite being explicily asked not to do such thing

I'm starting to think the new bonus animations have quietly replaced the care packages. A new monthly release that can't be leaked that's used to put more money in his pockets. Ole Selebus finally figured out how to combat piracy and thats by making it available to everybody.
Hooray?

Last edited:

urfg

Aug 26, 2019
I actually like Sekai more then Nodoka. Nodoka isn't terrible though, she just sometimes pisses me of.

I am comeplitely get what Deskel saying nonetheless, people around nodoka are so used to think about her as about a terrible person, that in absolutely no one sided with her despite she was kind of right.

On the other side, she was a terrible friend for Futaba. Ignore the book, she fucked Sensei despite being explicily asked not to do such thing
"Nodoka was kinda right to air out Io's childhood abuse in front of her classmates." Fr? I mean I know Io is a total bitch, but... Nodoka was totally over the line. Like always. Literally why did she even say that? Just to auto-fellate her intellect like always. Nodoka is a way bigger bitch than Io, just because the words she says are true doesn't mean she's "right".

I would argue (like most people I guess) that Nodoka is useful as a character, I think she is useful as a visible "antagonist" or at least an uncomfortable foil to Sensei, but she suuuucks. She's in a contest with Sensei for the "worst person alive" award. "Same type of Stand" type shit.

Her purity route is either gonna be the worst or the best though, we'll find out in a decade.

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes