vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
This is the danger with epistemic learned helplessness
It's a simple RPG. Dragon Quest but with Sensei, you know? It's in the title. Except we are blessed by GOD to be able to grind quickly and easily with the power of control. It takes mere minutes and minimal experimentation to get all the funds you need. This is a funny one - imagine DQ being critically lambasted due to grinding. You even get as many metal slimes as you want here! As for the fights, just save after each attack and load. You can't do that in real life you know. You have all the advantages and it still seems impossible?
Here, the advice is this: FACE YOUR FEARS! LEARN! SURVIVE! GROW! Like a tree. It seems impossible, right? But it's actually rather easy. If you just do it, you'll be a big strong tree with long healthy roots in no time. You'll be so strong. Because the fears were always just in your head, like a big all-consuming orb. I mean, how the damn else are you going to level up if you don't fight and win? If SENSEI QUEST is your limit... well, it isn't. SO GROW!
Because you used the phrase "epistemic learned helplessness" I'm going to boldly assume you might be able to understand some basic probabilities:

The odds of making a single correct choice are 1/11 or 9%, but needing to get four 1/11 chance choices correct, in the correct order and given those choices might repeat, your odds of clearing a single encounter through random choices are 0.007% or about 15,000:1. I'm not going to do the math for the 6 and 11 choice encounters, but it's ugly. I can't even find an odds converter that goes that low.

Sure, it's not random - the game gives you feedback about what works... until it doesn't.

My point is, other games don't get "critically lambasted due to grinding" because they don't work on math like this, period. Judging by Dragon Quest's wiki, it looks like it has multiple classes for the player to pick, so there are already multiple ways to clear encounters. I'm embarrassed I even have to point that out. Terrible analogy.

Sensei Quest isn't serious, it's a cobbled-together, surreal meta-game joke pushed to the extreme for shock value that ups the ante from other resets that did similar. Lighten up, don't preach about telling ppl to harden the fuck up when any idiot with a notepad can do this "mini"game given enough time.

Not every repetitive task you have the opportunity of wasting a ton of time on is an opportunity to build character, it's usually just an opportunity to waste a ton of time. SO GROW! indeed... out of your boomer phase, please.

sirpoff

May 23, 2017
If it hasn't been posted yet, here how to beat the bosses.

Net:
guard
oil
fireball
tackle(sword)

Maggot:
venom
salt
bubble
guard(shield)

Karate Person:
banana
guard(boots)
sanitize
tackle(sword)

Red Twins:
oil
fertilize
guard(bucket)
sanitize

Fred:
tackle
oil
fireball
guard
venom
sanitize
guard
bananas
fireball
guard
tackle

Final Boss:
venom
bubble
banana
guard
fireball
fertilize

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Lessons in Love [v0.44.0] [Selebus] - Compressed

Win/Linux [3,35 GB]
- - - -

Mac [3,34 GB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

kileos123

I have played them all.
Game Developer
Sep 19, 2018
Sensei quest skip:

Open senseiquest.rpy

search for gameworldmainhub (Line 99)

Replace

Code:
        "Fields of Despair":
            jump fieldsofdespair
With

Code:
        "Fields of Despair":
            jump endoffinalbosstime
WARNING:

This is a very crude way to do this, depending on if the dev wants to check any of the variables that should change during this segment future code edits may be needed to bypass punishments they make for edits like this. This will also skip the last portion of the update as there is only one short scene after the sensei quest mini game.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: InstaPrincess

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
You are both making out that shit was less convoluted than you think, no one is bitching about the field of despair fights, it's the orb fights that are ridiculous, shit like your first move has to be sanitize, then guard, then tackle, then massage oil, then fireball, then bubble beam, then fertilize... there's no intelligence to it, playing it 'legit' is just smacking your head on the keyboard until you get the right combination purely by chance and the final boss is even worse as it gives you no fucking feedback if anything worked until the end. This shit was dumb, you can try and act elitist if you want, you can claim e-penis elongation points for doing it without the mod, but you won't get any recognition for doing so from me, as far as i'm concerned you're just an idiot if you do this dumb af shit without the mod.
Okay? I am not really looking for recognition, just saying that completing it legit is very simple, you just go through the options one by one, no need for intelligence.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
So. About my "Nozomu is Akira's father and also his brother" theory that I posted as a joke and we all had a good laugh about...

Also, some of y'all poo-pooed my "Kaori's spider ink is covering a transplant scar" theory.

Neener neener. =p

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Also, some of y'all poo-pooed my "Kaori's spider ink is covering a transplant scar" theory.

Neener neener. =p
It was a good theory, i dunno if i ever sat down in that camp fully but i have some vague memory of thinking just cause we can't see the scar doesn't mean it's not there cause Selly can only get so much out of the Koikatsu engine anyway so it was always pretty plausible to me.

Jun 20, 2023
I am not able to play latest updates for now, but judging by "reset" talk, it means there is another dumb puzzle or something akin to that which was added in this one. Hopefully k1n5I4y3r will continue to update his guide mode(for now it is up to 'Times new roman'), because it is quite a time saving work and easy to find one. Keep doing God's work guide man, can't imagine wasting my time trying to finish moronic puzzles(or God forbid, mini games in the future) made by a narcissist

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
So it's worth playing 0.44 right now or should I wait for 0.45, part 2? Any cliffhangers? Originally was going to skip this one, but I've seen some comments here which piqued my curiosity.

So. About my "Nozomu is Akira's father and also his brother" theory that I posted as a joke and we all had a good laugh about...

Neener neener. =p
Damn. I had a strong hunch, a feeling, that there was incest between Saki and Nozomu. Had zero evidence though, and never commented on it. This seems too specific to not be anything...

4.10 star(s) 304 Votes