barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
dent entity that is free to torment whoever she chooses.
A few preliminary thoughts about gods in general and our true bro Pareidolia.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Those are just some of the ideas right now on my mind, maybe that springs a discussion in some way.
Regarding Maya:
Fallen Angel theory -- Maya is a divine entity who willingly forsook her divinity to be with Akira. Support: The Altair and Vega story. To use the language of the recent update, she defied her Legend, yet continues to exist. Since this cannot be by the rules the gods play by, she is one who should not and can not exist. Yet she does.
Illusion theory -- Inspired by her name, this implies that Maya isn't real, and never has been. She's something that Akira willed into existence by sheer need, and his conviction was such that everyone else perceives her as well. As a divine host, Kaori pierces the illusion and does not realize she's there.

I lean more toward the Fallen Angel theory, because Kaori in this update made it clear that she knows that Maya exists, but that Maya shouldn't exist.

With Sekai, think "this town has two halves." This town is the world, and Sekai IS the world. The things about her that were deserving of Akira's love are all within Kaori now. The things about her that drive Akira's trauma are external from Kaori and wholly independent of her. they represent the two directions her life might have taken had it not been cut short.

There's a lot to unpack here, and I'm still not done with the update (I've read spoilers about what happens in and after Sensei Quest, but stopped playing at that point because I was passing out tired, I'll get back to it after work).

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
dent entity that is free to torment whoever she chooses.

Regarding Maya:
Fallen Angel theory -- Maya is a divine entity who willingly forsook her divinity to be with Akira. Support: The Altair and Vega story. To use the language of the recent update, she defied her Legend, yet continues to exist. Since this cannot be by the rules the gods play by, she is one who should not and can not exist. Yet she does.
Illusion theory -- Inspired by her name, this implies that Maya isn't real, and never has been. She's something that Akira willed into existence by sheer need, and his conviction was such that everyone else perceives her as well. As a divine host, Kaori pierces the illusion and does not realize she's there.

I lean more toward the Fallen Angel theory, because Kaori in this update made it clear that she knows that Maya exists, but that Maya shouldn't exist.

With Sekai, think "this town has two halves." This town is the world, and Sekai IS the world. The things about her that were deserving of Akira's love are all within Kaori now. The things about her that drive Akira's trauma are external from Kaori and wholly independent of her. they represent the two directions her life might have taken had it not been cut short.

There's a lot to unpack here, and I'm still not done with the update (I've read spoilers about what happens in and after Sensei Quest, but stopped playing at that point because I was passing out tired, I'll get back to it after work).
I like this a lot. It would fit perfectly with Maya going as Haruhi this year if it was Akira forcing others to perceive her as real. As Haruhi is given the powers of a god by the actual god that had need of her (and both do this without realising it). That doesn't necessarily has to mean he willed her into existence, but to some extent their "covenant" is one of god and follower.

There is something that keeps bugging me that may be related because during "Abyss" Pareidolia says he knows Yumi by a different name. And I haven't been able to make the connection, but something tells me that the reason for that may be related to the reason as to why Kaori can't see Maya.

Regardless, I think the fallen god thing would be cool. And man, do I like the separation between two Sekais... I'm excited to learn more.

Edit: There is also the possibility that Nao-chan might be the newer version to whatever Maya was supposed to be. She has an eye of a color that was stolen after all. They're both things that shouldn't exist. And, again, how does she have Maya's eye if it was stolen and corrupted by Akira. Well, the ship has sailed regardless on Nao-chan being any measure of normal, I just don't know her agenda.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Can someone dumb it down for me making a family tree?, all this sister nephew brother makes me confuse lol
Basically, this update introduced the idea that Yuu (Akira's assumed father) is also the father of Sekai (whose mother is Miu, the highschool friend of Yuu and Saki). That would mean Sekai is half-sister to both Nozomu and Akira. There are way more complicated family trees, but these are born out of speculation, those two are the currently supported in-game.

Edit: A minor point we haven't addressed yet is that the family name Sekai despised is either Arakawa or Miyahara. That she chose to marry into the Arakawa family would suggest her original family name was Miyahara though. Also the house by the lake is Sekai's family home.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrostHunt

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
It's just strange how the most basic of artistic intentions are lost even upon those who have spent hundreds of hours in a game. I'm imagining someone watching Nostalghia by Tarkvosky and holding fast forward whenever they get bored by an extended metaphorical sequence. I'm imagining someone reading Moby Dick and skipping all the cetology chapters while complaining about how boring whales are. I'm imagining someone listening to an ambient music album and complaining that there isn't a strong enough melody. It just comes off as absurd on the face of it because it reflects engagement on the level of a child playing with toys, one who's entire motive and goal is to temporarily entertain oneself, and one who's method of judgement is how much fun they are feeling in the moment. In a sense it is not wrong to have such a child-like view but I would expect an adult to hold it more quietly and with shame, not proudly proclaiming it for all to see with the arrogance of a teen confidence they understand philosophy on a level deeper than any scholar. I mean, fucking ELDEN RING? What the hell are you talking about? Are you 12 and taking a break from watching your favorite Twitch streamer to post here? Are you going to be halfway through a Dostoevsky then murmur "Eeeh you know what it's actually rather tedious how many pages are dedicated to boring stuff. I could be playing Elden Ring! That would be WAAAY more fun!" Like, what? Do you actually need colorful blocks to absentmindedly stack with one hand the moment any piece of art demands something from you? You approached SENSEI QUEST in particular with a brand of ridiculous thoughtfulness because you had not engaged whatsoever; you acted like it was an impossible problem of math when in reality you can pass it with ease you basic save/load functions. Then when this was identified - your post being worthy of no serious response since it came from one who had, functionally, skipped half the pages in a book then complained about how fragmented the plot was - you retreat to something as absurd 'Why do something not fun when you could do something fun?" I mean, that's PRECISELY THE HEDONISM THE ENTIRE GAME IS CRITICIZING? Have you been paying attention for any of the last 300 hours? Are you a fucking utility zombie sucking up pleasure from Lessons in Love while groaning in displeasure and discomfort any time there is a rock in your cum soup? What the hell, man? What the fuck is even going on? That is precisely why the point is... TO GROW! You really gotta grow outta this. And never make a post this ridiculous again.
If you are Sel's Alt, then I just wanna say fuck you. If you're not, then forgive me.

youraccount69

Engaged Member
Donor
Dec 30, 2020
LessonsInLove-0.44
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I don't have anything clever to add, just remembered that at various points in game Maya was called a "Dream Baby", as in being conceived in a dream two times by Happy Ami, as well as "honorary angel" by her hexadecimal self.

Basically, this update introduced the idea that Yuu (Akira's assumed father) is also the father of Sekai (whose mother is Miu, the highschool friend of Yuu and Saki). That would mean Sekai is half-sister to both Nozomu and Akira. There are way more complicated family trees, but these are born out of speculation, those two are the currently supported in-game.

Edit: A minor point we haven't addressed yet is that the family name Sekai despised is either Arakawa or Miyahara. That she chose to marry into the Arakawa family would suggest her original family name was Miyahara though. Also the house by the lake is Sekai's family home.
Again, just randomly remembered that in some Happy Scene, hex Maya actually addressed Sensei as either "World", or "Sekai" for reasons I still don't understand.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

Is Yuu being related to Akira at all confirmed in text, or is it an assumption because he's the NIB protag and had similar blackouts. Is it possible there's a different father entirely?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I feel like the millionPC h scene flags will be used by sel to fk with ppl who cheated for PC, even if you use URM I would just buy all other items and leave the h scenes there. As by doing it normally it would take like 5~ish hours just for 1, there's no way the flags be used for good.
Is Yuu being related to Akira at all confirmed in text, or is it an assumption because he's the NIB protag and had similar blackouts. Is it possible there's a different father entirely?
It's assumed. At the moment, there's way more confirmation about Yuu being Sekai's father than Akira's. However, someone also says Akira's father died of diabetes, and Nozomu dies of a car crash. Finally, Pareidolia says that if Akira keeps on like this he really will end up like his father. Which under the light of this update could either be 1. a walking hotel for gods, in Yuu's case, and what Pareidolia implied in his last conversation; 2. or possibly a god in Nozomu's case? (I fail to see how that'd be something that has to be warned against though).
I don't have anything clever to add, just remembered that at various points in game Maya was called a "Dream Baby", as in being conceived in a dream two times by Happy Ami, as well as "honorary angel" by her hexadecimal self.

Again, just randomly remembered that in some Happy Scene, hex Maya actually addressed Sensei as either "World", or "Sekai" for reasons I still don't understand.
It's assumed AmIOkay calls Akira Sekai because Sekai is always with him. She's the shadow following him all the time. Through the events of the event with the japanese name, he becomes able to see her, but she's always been there. AmIOkay is the one that becomes an honorary angel though, she's a different being from Maya Prime, as both of them interact in the replica of heaven. We don't know about AmIOkay's origin, as Maya Prime is a child of chance, whereas the twins are of clockwork - but no one clarifies about AmIOkay.

Last edited:

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
Before I get into the wall of text, let me say that New Maya speaks for us all.
Starting off with some lore stuff that I think is important but easy to miss.
And here's the rest of my observations. Sorry no context for these because I didn't want to upload a million screenshots.
I think there's a lot I missed, I'm looking forward to reading through this update again.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's assumed. At the moment, there's way more confirmation about Yuu being Sekai's father than Akira's. However, someone also says Akira's father died of diabetes, and Nozomu dies of a car crash. Finally, Pareidolia says that if Akira keeps on like this he really will end up like his father. Which under the light of this update could either be 1. a walking hotel for gods, in Yuu's case, and what Pareidolia implied in his last conversation; 2. or possibly a god in Nozomu's case? (I fail to see how that'd be something that has to be warned against though).
I suppose my meaning was unclear.

Is it possible that Yuu never got Saki pregnant in the first place? That both Nozomu and Akira could have different fathers than we'd assumed?

It would definitely be strange if we've gotten so much second hand information about his father without his father having been introduced in this game or it's prequel, but it might have been an intentional red herring.

Oct 1, 2023
in what? given that I now believe in Sekai's possibility of redemption, there really isn't much that I don't believe at the moment.
//////////////////////I guess it doesn't matter, I just hoped you'd remember some of the things I said.

44 76 74 72 20 50 20 67 70 6D 6B 20 68 77 69 79 73 20 67 69 68 7A 61 63 20 64 73 67 69 75 27 68 20 70 72 66 20 75 64 68 7A 2C 20 63 63 70 66 20 69 68 69 79 67 2E

44 76 74 72 20 50 20 67 70 6D 6B 20 68 77 65 61 20 73 6B 69 79 6D 71 73 6B 6D 20 61 6D 6C 67 2E

44 76 74 72 20 50 20 67 70 6D 6B 20 68 77 65 61 20 62 64 78 20 6C 6A 74 72 20 6E 63 73 77 20 6F 6F 6B 69 20 68 7A 61 20 78 6F 73 20 70 72 7A 6B 74 76 7A 2E

44 76 74 72 20 50 20 67 70 6D 6B 20 68 77 65 61 20 4F 7A 6D 79 6F 20 77 65 7A 20 7A 78 7A 6C 72 20 72 73 62 62 69 70 6C 67 68 20 76 6C 6F 61 6D 61 77 74 77 20 64 77 69 6C 20 6B 77 75 6A 6C 66 74 72 61 20 75 78 76 73 67 20 79 79 7A 68 20 69 73 20 69 73 20 77 65 79 72 20 67 69 7A 73 69 2E 20 58 6F 63 68 69 20 74 73 62 73 79 77 74 77 20 7A 68 78 70 73 20 73 6D 6D 7A 68 20 68 73 74 73 6C 6C 6C 66 74 2E

76 64 74 72 20 61 76 74 20 68 76 63 67 20 73 77 73 63 20 78 6F 73 20 73 73 76 66 20 64 74 6C 62 20 69 6C 6C 20 72 64 73 79

拉麵

I think this is a good moment for me to retire, it will be a long time before the next update, it's been fun here, but I won't be home for a long time. To all my friends take good care, until the next time we meet again.

41 6E 64 20 77 68 65 6E 20 79 6F 75 20 73 65 65 20 6D 65 2C 0A 0A 49 66 20 79 6F 75 20 65 76 65 72 20 68 61 76 65 20 74 68 65 20 63 68 6F 69 63 65 2C 0A 0A 4A 75 73 74 20 70 72 6F 6D 69 73 65 20 79 6F 75 27 6C 6C 20 61 6C 77 61 79 73 20 62 65 6C 69 65 76 65 20 69 6E 20 6D 65 2E

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
It's not confirmed, but according to Pareidolia in "Clockless Watch" Akira's father had a sweet tooth and a vice for candy, and from what I understand Yuu is obsessed with candy in NiB.
For what it's worth, the diabetes thing was probably metaphorical - Long Maya calls it "the simple answer" for how Akira's parents died. That being said, I don't see how it works for Akira's father to be Nozomu unless the things Pareidolia said about him were straight up lies. In addition to the candy thing, he says that nobody remembers Akira's father, and Ami at the very least remembers Nozomu.

My interpretation of ending up like your father: Pareidolia and/or other gods were in Yuu's head but Yuu refused to listen to them, which resulted in him being erased and no one remembering him.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It's not confirmed, but according to Pareidolia in "Clockless Watch" Akira's father had a sweet tooth and a vice for candy, and from what I understand Yuu is obsessed with candy in NiB.

For what it's worth, the diabetes thing was probably metaphorical - Long Maya calls it "the simple answer" for how Akira's parents died. That being said, I don't see how it works for Akira's father to be Nozomu unless the things Pareidolia said about him were straight up lies. In addition to the candy thing, he says that nobody remembers Akira's father, and Ami at the very least remembers Nozomu.

My interpretation of ending up like your father: Pareidolia and/or other gods were in Yuu's head but Yuu refused to listen to them, which resulted in him being erased and no one remembering him.
I like this theory. Also, there's just too much to reply on your previous post, so I'll just say it was a very interesting read. And that I'm reticent about the possible implications of all this potential incest going around. I'm feeling reticent about lots of things tbh, the game keeps moving away from the simulation and 2 gods, that were 3, that were 4 - to one of them not even being an important thing overall if we were to believe him.
Is it possible that Yuu never got Saki pregnant in the first place? That both Nozomu and Akira could have different fathers than we'd assumed?

It would definitely be strange if we've gotten so much second hand information about his father without his father having been introduced in this game or it's prequel, but it might have been an intentional red herring.
It is possible, I just don't see why. Saki was clearly in love with Yuu, and given that he was the protagonist of the game while also hearing voices from everywhere, I kind of doubt he'd get Miu pregnant and not Saki. Sekai and Akira suffer from the same thing more or less, which was the same thing Yuu suffered from.

Edit: Off-topic question, who was the close friend that changed Akira's wallpaper? Himawari? (or a daring guess, maybe even Pareidolia?).

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020
No one was talking about Ayane's mansion being really infinite. But I guess that doesn't change anything, aside the fact that her mansion is in fact infinite.

Anyway, my thoughts of the update:

Also, I am out of reactions, again.

Last edited:

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
the game keeps moving away from the simulation and 2 gods, that were 3, that were 4 - to one of them not even being an important thing overall if we were to believe him.
Tbh, Sel was basically screaming that simulation theory is not the case from the very beginning. He even wrote a couple of Happy Events bashing players over the head and really talking down to theorists (yeah, technically it was Narrator, but we all know the Sle is an asshole and those we probably his true sentiments).

4.10 star(s) 304 Votes