Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So. About my "Nozomu is Akira's father and also his brother" theory that I posted as a joke and we all had a good laugh about...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, some of y'all poo-pooed my "Kaori's spider ink is covering a transplant scar" theory.

Neener neener. =p
It's definitely more believable now. And yet I dread the state of the lore if all of this is true cause it's just turning ridiculous.

The family tree would be Yuu having both Nozomu and Sekai as children. Akira would be Yuu's grandchild, Saki's son and grandchild, Nozomu's brother and son and Sekai's nephew.

Furthermore, Akira would be Sana's brother/uncle. Sara would be having sex with her "boyfriend's" son. Nodoka could very well be Akira's sister too, and Yuu's grandchild.

It just feels lame to me. If one of these was true it might be a revelation, for all of them or most of them to be just feels way more convoluted than I think it'd be nice.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
I think this is the calmest I've ever seen this forum right after an update

I guess it is because of the release time
As it was a night launch, there was a big change, as people's playing times varied a lot, for some it was launched in the morning, for some it was at night

Most people should still be playing the update or going to play it.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
It's definitely more believable now. And yet I dread the state of the lore if all of this is true cause it's just turning ridiculous.

The family tree would be Yuu having both Nozomu and Sekai as children. Akira would be Yuu's grandchild, Saki's son and grandchild, Nozomu's brother and son and Sekai's nephew.

Furthermore, Akira would be Sana's brother/uncle. Sara would be having sex with her "boyfriend's" son. Nodoka could very well be Akira's sister too, and Yuu's grandchild.

It just feels lame to me. If one of these was true it might be a revelation, for all of them or most of them to be just feels way more convoluted than I think it'd be nice.
The school days series inoculated me against the absurdity of this kind of family tree, sooooooooo much incest in that series, most of it unknown to the incestees. I could explain it but it's not important, basically it's just exactly as you describe this but with the added layer of most of the characters not knowing their related cause the patriarch of the story was a turbo predator/womanizer and the women he knocked up tried to hide their 'shame' cause 'Japan'. I forget most of the details, i was into that shit like 20 years ago or some shit but yeah, i just remember tracing all the genealogical lines and been fascinated by how convoluted it was.

• Sad
Reactions: Moonflare

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Fixed the pc in record time, but have another problem I forgot to ask about after the last update. Does the Skip unseen text/persistent save keep resetting itself for anyone else after the RenPy version upgrade? Every time I use an update patch it's all reset, Is That a problem for anyone else? Or is my persistent save too old for the new RenPy version, or something along those lines?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

Just like Miku's scene last update was intended to subvert expectations of the Magic Cock trope, a lot of this is a subversion of the incest harem genre. Think about it -- common to that genre is the trope of "yay, we're all one big, happy incestuous family and we're all pregnant with MCs child" and no real consideration for the fact that the family tree within a single generation is a convoluted mess. Here we are, one generation later actually being forced to confront that.

We focus on the meta-narrative, but at it's foundation, this game is Selebus calling out how stupid most eroge tropes are.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The implication is that the box has been there for a WHILE. Which would imply that Ami is aware of the resets, and has been for a very long time. This may also be a hint that Noriko has been present in past cycles, and Maya had either forgotten (live long enough, and you forget important shit), or it happened before Maya became aware of the resets, or Maya was straight up lying about it.

And also -- Ami is absolutely testing Maya throughout that scene to see if this Maya has any knowledge of the resets. Those are all VERY loaded questions.

Hapopo

Sep 7, 2018
About the boxes, i don't know if any of you played "cross channel" which is a game that sel recommended and this game is about people stuck in a time loop too.

Anyway the point i'm trying to make is : maybe the boxes are safe in the school, get "saved" through resets and are supposed to serve the same purpose as i mentioned in the spoilers. And maybe the box they opened this update was one of those, a "time capsule" maya put together to understand what was happening in case she got reset. Since nobody mentionned that game until here even though that's the first thing that jumped to my mind while i watched them open that box, i thought i'd share

PrincessEuphy

Nov 22, 2021
Blud thinks you should spend your time on "Sensei Quest" when Elden Ring exists.
It's just strange how the most basic of artistic intentions are lost even upon those who have spent hundreds of hours in a game. I'm imagining someone watching Nostalghia by Tarkvosky and holding fast forward whenever they get bored by an extended metaphorical sequence. I'm imagining someone reading Moby Dick and skipping all the cetology chapters while complaining about how boring whales are. I'm imagining someone listening to an ambient music album and complaining that there isn't a strong enough melody. It just comes off as absurd on the face of it because it reflects engagement on the level of a child playing with toys, one who's entire motive and goal is to temporarily entertain oneself, and one who's method of judgement is how much fun they are feeling in the moment. In a sense it is not wrong to have such a child-like view but I would expect an adult to hold it more quietly and with shame, not proudly proclaiming it for all to see with the arrogance of a teen confidence they understand philosophy on a level deeper than any scholar. I mean, fucking ELDEN RING? What the hell are you talking about? Are you 12 and taking a break from watching your favorite Twitch streamer to post here? Are you going to be halfway through a Dostoevsky then murmur "Eeeh you know what it's actually rather tedious how many pages are dedicated to boring stuff. I could be playing Elden Ring! That would be WAAAY more fun!" Like, what? Do you actually need colorful blocks to absentmindedly stack with one hand the moment any piece of art demands something from you? You approached SENSEI QUEST in particular with a brand of ridiculous thoughtlessness because you had not engaged whatsoever; you acted like it was an impossible problem of math when in reality you can pass it with ease using basic save/load functions any player would be familiar with. Then when this was identified - your post being worthy of no serious response since it came from one who had, functionally, skipped half the pages in a book then complained about how fragmented the plot was - you retreat to something as absurd 'Why do something not fun when you could do something fun?" I mean, that's PRECISELY THE HEDONISM THE ENTIRE GAME IS CRITICIZING? Have you been paying attention for any of the last 300 hours? Are you a fucking utility zombie sucking up pleasure from Lessons in Love while groaning in displeasure and discomfort any time there is a rock in your cum soup? What the hell, man? What the fuck is even going on? That is precisely why the point is... TO GROW! You really gotta grow outta this. And never make a post this ridiculous again.

Last edited:

Boomboxy

Jan 24, 2024
Man, I love when my VN turns into a RNG RPG with grinding mechanics. My favorite thing right behind
I guess you could also include the
in my list of favourite things. Also, lots of yuri sexual tension this update. I approve.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
A few preliminary thoughts about gods in general and our true bro Pareidolia.

Those are just some of the ideas right now on my mind, maybe that springs a discussion in some way.

Last edited:

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
I think this is the calmest I've ever seen this forum right after an update

I guess it is because of the release time
I only now started playing the update, night schedule just made me decide to take my time instead of waiting for it.
It's a decent update though, confirmed that one theory that Kaori got hit by the car Sensei was in with Sekai and they took Sekai's heart and put it in Kaori so that was neat.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Sel really thought it's a good idea to add a pointless minigame with no soul just to compensate for the long-awaited update he'll mostly likely just repeat for the next 3 years or so. I'm fairly convinced we're likely in a loop like in the game.

Reactions: vehemental

matt_riochka

Jun 9, 2020
well I'm glad I didn't decide to stay up until 4am to play the update because if I don't mind wasting time, playing SENSEI-QUEST during the middle of the night without the URM would have made me go insane, and it's sad too because I was genuinely interested in it at first but Sel just had to ruin

also RIP Pareidolia, I was your biggest hater but now I already miss you

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
It's just strange how the most basic of artistic intentions are lost even upon those who have spent hundreds of hours in a game. I'm imagining someone watching Nostalghia by Tarkvosky and holding fast forward whenever they get bored by an extended metaphorical sequence. I'm imagining someone reading Moby Dick and skipping all the cetology chapters while complaining about how boring whales are. I'm imagining someone listening to an ambient music album and complaining that there isn't a strong enough melody. It just comes off as absurd on the face of it because it reflects engagement on the level of a child playing with toys, one who's entire motive and goal is to temporarily entertain oneself, and one who's method of judgement is how much fun they are feeling in the moment. In a sense it is not wrong to have such a child-like view but I would expect an adult to hold it more quietly and with shame, not proudly proclaiming it for all to see with the arrogance of a teen confidence they understand philosophy on a level deeper than any scholar. I mean, fucking ELDEN RING? What the hell are you talking about? Are you 12 and taking a break from watching your favorite Twitch streamer to post here? Are you going to be halfway through a Dostoevsky then murmur "Eeeh you know what it's actually rather tedious how many pages are dedicated to boring stuff. I could be playing Elden Ring! That would be WAAAY more fun!" Like, what? Do you actually need colorful blocks to absentmindedly stack with one hand the moment any piece of art demands something from you? You approached SENSEI QUEST in particular with a brand of ridiculous thoughtfulness because you had not engaged whatsoever; you acted like it was an impossible problem of math when in reality you can pass it with ease you basic save/load functions. Then when this was identified - your post being worthy of no serious response since it came from one who had, functionally, skipped half the pages in a book then complained about how fragmented the plot was - you retreat to something as absurd 'Why do something not fun when you could do something fun?" I mean, that's PRECISELY THE HEDONISM THE ENTIRE GAME IS CRITICIZING? Have you been paying attention for any of the last 300 hours? Are you a fucking utility zombie sucking up pleasure from Lessons in Love while groaning in displeasure and discomfort any time there is a rock in your cum soup? What the hell, man? What the fuck is even going on? That is precisely why the point is... TO GROW! You really gotta grow outta this. And never make a post this ridiculous again.
I'm now convinced this is Sel's alt.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I was your biggest hater but now I already miss you
I'll just reply to this one, but it also deals with fdsasdf_p's point.
I'm now convinced this is Sel's alt.
Kind of the reason I haven't ignored him yet. Waiting for him to address the fact that we figured out Himawari's name already :ROFLMAO:

Edit: reached my reaction limit, you guys know the drill.

4.10 star(s) 304 Votes