PrincessEuphy

Nov 22, 2021
I don't think the characters' shadows looking off/low-quality really means anything. That's likely just a limitation of the rendering engine (which I think is a real-time engine, i.e. it sacrifices quality/realism for performance). Imo the only time shadows would be meaningful is when there's like 2 characters on screen but there's a shadow of an extra character present, which I think has happened a few times

Also I've been thinking: given the content of LiL, doesn't Selebus being an insufferable person kinda check out? Not saying that it's acceptable, but rather that it's hardly surprising that spending thousands of hours per year writing and thinking about such twisted shit (for almost 4 years straight now) would make you irritable, impatient, egotistical, etc.
It's kind of insane how much absurd psychoanalysis people will unload on you simply because you want a game to be negative in experience as well as content sometimes. As if making people grind for SENSEI QUEST is the greatest affront known to man and makes you an irritable miser. People should be more appreciative of Selebus's openness. What comes off as ego is in fact a willingness to engage in open dialogue. Most authors will think their readers are retarded but keep it to themselves and try to manipulate them with faux friendliness like every corporation out there. It SHOULD be a breath of fresh air to have an auteur openly argue about their ideas and put them to the test - they say only the best friends fight on a rooftop and smile about it after. It's really not Selebus's fault that 4 years and 10000 posts later people are still too close-minded to accept any video game experience that doesn't fellate them from start to finish. (And my God if another teenager tries to talk about how epicly oppressive Elden "Most Popular Game of all time in which you can easily grind to overlevel enemies and summon help for any minorly challenging boss" Ring is I'll choke on my laughter and die. So kill me if you dare.)

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
It's kind of insane how much absurd psychoanalysis people will unload on you simply because you want a game to be negative in experience as well as content sometimes. As if making people grind for SENSEI QUEST is the greatest affront known to man and makes you an irritable miser. People should be more appreciative of Selebus's openness. What comes off as ego is in fact a willingness to engage in open dialogue. Most authors will think their readers are retarded but keep it to themselves and try to manipulate them with faux friendliness like every corporation out there. It SHOULD be a breath of fresh air to have an auteur openly argue about their ideas and put them to the test - they say only the best friends fight on a rooftop and smile about it after. It's really not Selebus's fault that 4 years and 10000 posts later people are still too close-minded to accept any video game experience that doesn't fellate them from start to finish. (And my God if another teenager tries to talk about how epicly oppressive Elden "Most Popular Game of all time in which you can easily grind to overlevel enemies and summon help for any minorly challenging boss" Ring is I'll choke on my laughter and die. So kill me if you dare.)
Admit you fucked up the timeline Selly

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Noriko's mum could have also been pregnant at the time (or Noriko might already be born), or why do you think that wouldn't work out?
Ami from what I remember is 15 years old and was born on August 31st, Noriko is 16 years old (confirmed) and was born on July 28th. assuming that they were born in the same year, Noriko and Ami have a difference of 1 month and 3 days in age, it wouldn't make sense for Noriko to have been born at that point in the game, since Sekai should have a much bigger belly, since she would be 8 months pregnant to be able to make it feel like Noriko was alive and 1 month old.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PrincessEuphy

Nov 22, 2021
Admit you fucked up the timeline Selly
That's another thing. It's weird how quick people are to lose faith in authors at the slightest perceived error. Well, it may be one, this isn't to say authors never make mistakes, but you're really going to follow a dude's writing for years and immediately conclude there's a critical timeline error the second something doesn't add up for you? Especially in a story as fluid and dubious as LiL? Some people haven't read Subahibi and it really, really shows. I have to applaud all the theorycrafters who didn't stop there and looked for alternate explanations. Hermeneutics of suspicion are such absurdly limiting goggles to wear and yet are the default mode for people. Crazy.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
That's another thing. It's weird how quick people are to lose faith in authors at the slightest perceived error. Well, it may be one, this isn't to say authors never make mistakes, but you're really going to follow a dude's writing for years and immediately conclude there's a critical timeline error the second something doesn't add up for you? Especially in a story as fluid and dubious as LiL? Some people haven't read Subahibi and it really, really shows. I have to applaud all the theorycrafters who didn't stop there and looked for alternate explanations. Hermeneutics of suspicion are such absurdly limiting goggles to wear and yet are the default mode for people. Crazy.
I'm 99% sure that if it's an error in the next update it will be fixed/deleted and if it's not an error it's another point in the story that we don't understand yet, it'll be cool to see, people forget that Lil is It's a game that deals a lot with the concept of time and time travel, so I think we have to stop thinking about it as an error until we see if it can be fixed or not. If that dialogue changes in the next update it was an error, if it doesn't change it means it's part of the game and we didn't understand or miscalculated something in the timeline.

Reactions: jh87

jh87

Sep 20, 2019
Ami from what I remember is 15 years old and was born on August 31st, Noriko is 16 years old (confirmed) and was born on July 28th. assuming that they were born in the same year, Noriko and Ami have a difference of 1 month and 3 days in age, it wouldn't make sense for Noriko to have been born at that point in the game, since Sekai should have a much bigger belly, since she would be 8 months pregnant to be able to make it feel like Noriko was alive and 1 month old.

Sure, so her mum would be pregnant at that time, just one month and three days further along than Sekai.

What I tried to get at was that this event could be a deliberate attempt to mislead us from Selebus. Of course it could also be a plothole or a hint at multiple timelines or whatever.

Just that there is, I think, potentially also a simpler answer.

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Sure, so her mum would be pregnant at that time, just one month and three days further along than Sekai.

What I tried to get at was that this event could be a deliberate attempt to mislead us from Selebus. Of course it could also be a plothole or a hint at multiple timelines or whatever.

Just that there is, I think, potentially also a simpler answer.
What we can consider is that Ami and Noriko may have 1 year and 1 month and 3 days of age difference so Noriko is at least alive in that part of the game, BUT I don't think even Selly would make Noriko 1 year old spying on Niki and Akira

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Des anyone know how to get a lot of PREMIUM CURRENCY in the Sansei quest?
The fastest way in-game is to kill Metal Slimes. It's still a tedious grind to get the 2 million (and they aren't sex scenes, just joke text).

The actual fastest way would be to use URM (linked in several regular's sig files) or any available ren'py save editor to set the PCur variable to whatever you need it to be.

jh87

Sep 20, 2019
What we can consider is that Ami and Noriko may have 1 year and 1 month and 3 days of age difference so Noriko is at least alive in that part of the game, BUT I don't think even Selly would make Noriko 1 year old spying on Niki and Akira
Yeah, that's why I think that the event was a mix of three different things and part 2 (where Ami is a unborn child) happened years before part 1.

I mean Sel loves to mess with his audience.

Also, I think that Noriko was at least two years old, but probably older. Younger kids generally don't spy on people or act in the way that was described in events that must have happened before the scene in part 1 of the Kyoto event.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Pedro4545454

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Yeah, that's why I think that the event was a mix of three different things and part 2 (where Ami is a unborn child) happened years before part 1.

I mean Sel loves to mess with his audience.

Also, I think that Noriko was at least two years old, but probably older. Younger kids generally don't spy on people or act in the way that was described in events that must have happened before the scene in part 1 of the Kyoto event.
I genuinely don't even know if I prefer this to be canon, I hope it's just an error and that it's fixed, this is really messing with my head, I'm rereading some events trying to see if we miscalculated something in the timeline, but No, it just seems like it was an error. I at least hope that if it's a real part of the game I hope Selly somehow explains why this made the timeline more complicated than it already is.

Your theory makes sense that the first part with Niki and Akira is something that happened a few days or weeks after Akira and Sekai's conversation, as you said, Selly likes to play with our heads.

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
> It's kind of insane how much absurd psychoanalysis people will unload on you simply because you want a game to be negative in experience as well as content sometimes.

"Spending years thinking about depressing shit 24/7 might make a person depressed" == "absurd psychoanalysis"?

I remember when the game was first coming out, he said as much on the discord - that he found it very emotionally draining to write certain scenes like Rin's manic episodes and felt like some of the characters were "daughters" to him and honestly, back then the game didn't have nearly as much fucked up content as it does these days

> As if making people grind for SENSEI QUEST is the greatest affront known to man and makes you an irritable miser

I didn't say a thing about Sensei Quest or the grind. I do not care about the grind because I am skipping it :)

When I'm referring to him as insufferable, I'm talking about how he treats people on his discord: he's just a dickhead at times

> Most authors will think their readers are retarded but keep it to themselves and try to manipulate them with faux friendliness like every corporation out there. It SHOULD be a breath of fresh air to have an auteur openly argue about their ideas and put them to the test - they say only the best friends fight on a rooftop and smile about it after

You're missing the point: it's not the fact that he argues, but rather the manner in which he does so, if you want to even call it "argument". I think you're referring to argument in the idealized sense of philosophical debate - that is not what he engages in

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Going off topic and not going off topic at the same time, Niki was super cool with the idea of Noriko at a very young age spying on her giving Akira a handjob, and from what she said, Noriko has already done this several times before and at least Anyway, Niki lets this happen without caring.

Another detail, even though Niki was ok with the idea of Noriko seeing her having sex with Akira even though it was her first time with him, she asked Akira about the condoms to see if he would finally want to do it with her, but she She says this thinking that Noriko is there spying on the two of them, this shows that she was ok with having sex with Akira in front of Noriko hidden.

Another detail, Niki calls Akira her friend even while they are alone, showing that they are not dating yet, but they already did sexual things with each other and she was already willing to have sex with him even though he was just a "friend" of hers, an additional detail is that she has been trying to have sex with Akira for 1 year, but he always refuses.

jh87

Sep 20, 2019
I genuinely don't even know if I prefer this to be canon, I hope it's just an error and that it's fixed, this is really messing with my head, I'm rereading some events trying to see if we miscalculated something in the timeline, but No, it just seems like it was an error. I at least hope that if it's a real part of the game I hope Selly somehow explains why this made the timeline more complicated than it already is.

Your theory makes sense that the first part with Niki and Akira is something that happened a few days or weeks after Akira and Sekai's conversation, as you said, Selly likes to play with our heads.
Sure, it could actually be way more complicated, with splitting and converging timelines going back to Yuu's era. So Sekai and Nozomu might be (sort of) half-siblings from parallel timelines.
Or Sel was inspired by the backstory of the School/Summer/Shiny Days games...

Ami not being real and Akira having falsified memories could also make sense. After all she should have known Noriko and Maya from when they got their tutoring (even if she wasn't smart enough to join their lessons or whatever). Also a seven year old taking care of herself and an adult is a bit of a stretch (maybe not impossible, but still very unlikely).

But one thing I have got to give Sel, he manages to keep his story interesting even after all that time.

PrincessEuphy

Nov 22, 2021
> It's kind of insane how much absurd psychoanalysis people will unload on you simply because you want a game to be negative in experience as well as content sometimes.

"Spending years thinking about depressing shit 24/7 might make a person depressed" == "absurd psychoanalysis"?

I remember when the game was first coming out, he said as much on the discord - that he found it very emotionally draining to write certain scenes like Rin's manic episodes and felt like some of the characters were "daughters" to him and honestly, back then the game didn't have nearly as much fucked up content as it does these days

> As if making people grind for SENSEI QUEST is the greatest affront known to man and makes you an irritable miser

I didn't say a thing about Sensei Quest or the grind. I do not care about the grind because I am skipping it :)

When I'm referring to him as insufferable, I'm talking about how he treats people on his discord: he's just a dickhead at times

> Most authors will think their readers are retarded but keep it to themselves and try to manipulate them with faux friendliness like every corporation out there. It SHOULD be a breath of fresh air to have an auteur openly argue about their ideas and put them to the test - they say only the best friends fight on a rooftop and smile about it after

You're missing the point: it's not the fact that he argues, but rather the manner in which he does so, if you want to even call it "argument". I think you're referring to argument in the idealized sense of philosophical debate - that is not what he engages in
Yeah, absurd psychoanalysis. Minds are infinite in their complexity and motives are infinite in their arbitrariness. Going around making absent-minded theories as to the inner workings of someone's mind and explaining behavior in a way convenient to you is pretty absurd. If you did that to people in real life they'd punch you in the face or otherwise ostracize you. Ever heard of the fundamental attribution error? It's a bias in which people observing others explain behavior by identifying them as "fundamental attributes," like someone kicking a vending machine to get a drink is just "an angry person" and that's why they're kicking the machine. Whereas if they are the one kicking the machine they instead explain it with momentary or circumstantial reasons, like, "I'm not an angry person today is just a bad day." The position that authors are in is one where thousands of readers are constantly psycho-analyzing them and reading into statements and assigning them fundamental attributes to explain any given act of behavior. That is more depressing than anything. And so far from Selebus being a particular misanthrope in this regard, it's weird people online being weird but not getting the normal social rebukes since it's the internet.

> I'm talking about how he treats people on his discord: he's just a dickhead at times

I would be much more offended by an author lying to my face and talking circles around me to extract more income than one being frank and honest even if their honest opinion happens to be a hostile one. Seriously, why do people bemoan dishonesty so much but then react with such violent negativity to actual honesty when they come across it? Really says a lot.

> I think you're referring to argument in the idealized sense of philosophical debate - that is not what he engages in

Almost nobody engages in idealized philosophical debate. It's too hard for people. Their minds are too inflexible and focused on arguing against what instinctively feels wrong to them rather than searching for a deeper truth. The litany of Tarski is a rare and forgotten song. Ergo, I don't see any reason to demean Selebus's aggressive manner of argumentation. People are, indeed, fragile things, and it is the case that any ounce of hostility can shatter fragile hearts. But one concerned about and focusing all of their dialogue on not upsetting anyone will likely not be able to find themselves honestly speaking about anything. If some shattered hearts are what it takes for honesty I will take it. And those who can't handle it are indeed free to hide away out of side while bemoaning what a meanie someone was to them.

Meskal1ne

Oct 7, 2023
Pretty sure that was not mistake. Sel is very meticulous down to the smallest details, if he messed up, it would be in a less obvious place. What did Noriko and Maya agree on? Why couldn't Noriko leave her old district?

jh87

Sep 20, 2019
Going off topic and not going off topic at the same time, Niki was super cool with the idea of Noriko at a very young age spying on her giving Akira a handjob, and from what she said, Noriko has already done this several times before and at least Anyway, Niki lets this happen without caring.

Another detail, even though Niki was ok with the idea of Noriko seeing her having sex with Akira even though it was her first time with him, she asked Akira about the condoms to see if he would finally want to do it with her, but she She says this thinking that Noriko is there spying on the two of them, this shows that she was ok with having sex with Akira in front of Noriko hidden.

Another detail, Niki calls Akira her friend even while they are alone, showing that they are not dating yet, but they already did sexual things with each other and she was already willing to have sex with him even though he was just a "friend" of hers, an additional detail is that she has been trying to have sex with Akira for 1 year, but he always refuses.

Everything starts to make less sense the more I think about it.

Why would he even steal condoms in the first place, if he doesn't want to do anything?

And them calling each other just friends, I don't know what to make of that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Pedro4545454

Pedro4545454

Nov 23, 2023
Everything starts to make less sense the more I think about it.

Why would he even steal condoms in the first place, if he doesn't want to do anything?
hahaha, now I'm thinking about it, firstly she asks if he still has the condoms, which means she knows he might not have them, which means she might think he threw them away or used them, secondly why would Akira be carrying condoms with him and showing them to Niki when he had already been refusing to have sex with her for 1 years? third: Why did Selly make this event so confusing in this part of Niki?

Reactions: jh87
4.10 star(s) 304 Votes