Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Not getting the second event for Kaori and nothing for Ami. Called all weekend nothing.
I dunno man, i did Kaori's first event by calling her at night on i think a Friday, then Touka in her dorm room, then Touka on Saturday morning on the streets, then Tsubasa's event by calling her Sunday morning then called Kaori saturday night and there were no more unconnected events at that point. No idea if that is the only order for events to play out or if certain days matter for some of them or not but hopefully you can see something out of order with your own order by comparing them.

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
I dunno man, i did Kaori's first event by calling her at night on i think a Friday, then Touka in her dorm room, then Touka on Saturday morning on the streets, then Tsubasa's event by calling her Sunday morning then called Kaori saturday night and there were no more unconnected events at that point. No idea if that is the only order for events to play out or if certain days matter for some of them or not but hopefully you can see something out of order with your own order by comparing them.
Thats exactly the order I did as well. Kaori is working every Saturday night for me. I been trying for weeks now.

Reactions: Fyrth

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Thats exactly the order I did as well. Kaori is working every Saturday night for me. I been trying for weeks now.
I'm thinking it might be an affection values thing or something else obscure. What is not seen on your events lists?

Last edited:

buff

May 29, 2017
Where the heck do you legitimately get the book and lottery numbers? I mean, easy enough to cheat and move on, but I'm wondering what I missed. I don't remember anything in past events about book pages or lotto picks.

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Incidentally where is the 'cheater' boolean? I re-watched the most recent happy scene but due to the way the replay system works
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can't find it in the save editors I've tried.
Flags set in replays don't persist when you end the replay, no worries.
Where the heck do you legitimately get the book and lottery numbers? I mean, easy enough to cheat and move on, but I'm wondering what I missed. I don't remember anything in past events about book pages or lotto picks.
The page number is found in the interlude with HOPE and the lottery number is found in Good Boy.

Reactions: buff

Korbinus

Nov 24, 2019
He is not against piracy, because he's currently stealing Illusion assets and resources and selling it altogether as his own product.
So if I draw someting using MS paint then I'm stealing their assets and selling the image I made is illegal? Don't be ridiculous. Koikatsu created character studio for all users who bought it to use. It would be another matter if Sel pirated Koikatsu, but I would be really surprised if he did, seeing how every song/picture used in LiL is license-free or bought by him.

Reactions: JayFlow

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
This game seems to be getting large enough that it can't be downloaded through any of the means listed. Anyone have a torrent available?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
So if I draw someting using MS paint then I'm stealing their assets and selling the image I made is illegal? Don't be ridiculous. Koikatsu created character studio for all users who bought it to use. It would be another matter if Sel pirated Koikatsu, but I would be really surprised if he did, seeing how every song/picture used in LiL is license-free or bought by him.
The Honey Select and Koikatsu studios are sold for personal use, not commercial use. Technically, commercial use of those studios without a specific license for it would be illegal, and both Illusion and Fakku (who handles distribution in Western markets) have made it clear that they'll act to shut down unauthorized commercial use when they become aware of it.

However, the patron/creator relationship falls into a grey area, because "the game is free and always will be," we're just donating to help him dedicate his time to making the game and not have to worry about pesky day jobs. We're not paying for the game, we're getting early access as a perk for paying for his groceries.

Until the game is explicitly sold, it can be argued as personal use.

niconob92

Jul 16, 2017
Kind of already figured something would happen involving her, it was foreshadowed. "There Is Nothing" is an old event and one of the first puzzles to be added, the answers were actually provided in events before that and in the audio of the event itself.
Oh, I wasn't talking about that event. After sensei and ayane reach the rooftop and you get the end of chapter 2 screen, the game said there is nothing in an inifinite loop. You could skip for ever and it'd still say there is nothing.
Like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I'll preface this by saying I've been a pretty solid supporter of this game for quite a while now, and I generally defend the game because I do like the story and the writing.

That said, unless it's proven to be important to the story later on, puzzles that just make you click through random stuff are just not good game design. I'll change my stance later if they prove to be important to the story, but as of right now they're just a seemingly random wall thrown in to delay us. History of solitaire? Currently, this only serves to frustrate the player, as if Selebus is punishing everyone because some people mentioned not enjoying previous puzzles (some of which did seem more important to the story). Maybe if there were questions that pertained to the girls, like the colour of the scarf, things like that - at least those are relevant to the story and reward the player for paying attention.

Again, I will gladly change my opinion if this all matters later on, but damn if all this really does right now is punish the players, which is weird to me.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I'll preface this by saying I've been a pretty solid supporter of this game for quite a while now, and I generally defend the game because I do like the story and the writing.

That said, unless it's proven to be important to the story later on, puzzles that just make you click through random stuff are just not good game design. I'll change my stance later if they prove to be important to the story, but as of right now they're just a seemingly random wall thrown in to delay us. History of solitaire? Currently, this only serves to frustrate the player, as if Selebus is punishing everyone because some people mentioned not enjoying previous puzzles (some of which did seem more important to the story). Maybe if there were questions that pertained to the girls, like the colour of the scarf, things like that - at least those are relevant to the story and reward the player for paying attention.

Again, I will gladly change my opinion if this all matters later on, but damn if all this really does right now is punish the players, which is weird to me.
If Sensei doesn't make it to the roof in time, he gets mindwiped. We know from past exposition that this has happened several times, and that our Sensei is the first time he's made it past 3 resets successfully. This implies that whatever challenges he faces during the reset gets tougher.

The first reset was just a "where to go and what do once you're there" puzzle. The second needed clues from more sources. Every reset since then has had a new wrinkle added. Each time the world resets, Sensei is going to have have to navigate a more complicated process to reach the roof.

But rather than being told he faces these challenges as he navigates them without our assistance, we have to face them as well. There's a discussion to be had (and we're having it) as to whether or not its good game design, but they do represent something Sensei is actually going through at that point in the story.

I honestly like that we're being forced to contend with the same challenge Sensei is, even though I'm not a fan of the exact types of challenges being presented.

But we've known for some time that Selebus likes to troll his critics. Hell, this update goes out of its way to mock people who constantly complain about the puzzles and keep playing anyway. If you're still here, that's a choice you made. When the next reset rolls around, there will be another one of these, and it will be even more complex than it was this time around. We know it's going to happen, it's been made clear that's not going to change.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
I think I have done something wrong here. played this years ago but that computer died, did a restart this week... updated it last night/this morning... Im already almost a year in and haven't made the events I remember a while ago...(day 319) so far I have only had first beach scene,have ayaname as g/f missionary and bj, only fingered ami and mokoto bj, boobjob with futaba haven't found the streetside cafe with her yet, didn't meet new students yet, didn't meet the delinquents mom... been trying to spread points out to all the girls and haven't used the cheat... should I use the cheat?

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
But rather than being told he faces these challenges as he navigates them without our assistance, we have to face them as well. There's a discussion to be had (and we're having it) as to whether or not its good game design, but they do represent something Sensei is actually going through at that point in the story.

I honestly like that we're being forced to contend with the same challenge Sensei is, even though I'm not a fan of the exact types of challenges being presented.
I really like what you said with how there are more and more challenges he has to overcome, I actually never put that together that these things happened every reset; thanks for this. I do like there being increasing challenges as well... I just wish they were more attached to the game. That said, again, I'll change my opinion if it does eventually come to matter. Thanks for your well reasoned response

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I think I have done something wrong here. played this years ago but that computer died, did a restart this week... updated it last night/this morning... Im already almost a year in and haven't made the events I remember a while ago...(day 319) so far I have only had first beach scene,have ayaname as g/f missionary and bj, only fingered ami and mokoto bj, boobjob with futaba haven't found the streetside cafe with her yet, didn't meet new students yet, didn't meet the delinquents mom... been trying to spread points out to all the girls and haven't used the cheat... should I use the cheat?
Did you automatically jump to your office after the first beach scene?

If so, your install is bugged. Download the uncompressed version and do not apply any patches.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I really like what you said with how there are more and more challenges he has to overcome, I actually never put that together that these things happened every reset; thanks for this. I do like there being increasing challenges as well... I just wish they were more attached to the game. That said, again, I'll change my opinion if it does eventually come to matter. Thanks for your well reasoned response
I would love more traditional puzzle types. Give me a logic grid puzzle. They can be tough as hell, you can tie it directly to the game, and you can construct it in such a way that people who've been paying attention might have some bonus clues that make the puzzle easier for them, but people who skip the dialogue won't have.

Reactions: crustlord12
4.10 star(s) 305 Votes