Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
There are lots of reasons for unfinished games. It might be the dev just got in over his/her head and opted out. The dev may not have the amount or free time required to create and maintain a quality game. The dev may even simply lose interest in the project or want to start a new project.
If you look at the percentage of projects in general started and then abandoned where there is no public criticism it would probably be close to the percent of games abandoned. Car restoration is a good example. A lot of guys buy a classic car or military vehicle to restore. They start the restoration and then life gets in the way. I have a 1943 Willys Jeeps that I have been restoring back to WW2 appearance for a decade. My ultra-light aircraft rebuild project is even worse.
Agreed reading spiteful comments would be hard on a dev's ego, but if you have a well thought out story and if you believe in your project then you soldier on. But I am probably from a different generation than most devs and tend to look at the world from a past perspective.
Sure those reasons may account for some of the abandoned games too. My point still remains though, when most of the threads here are either people losing their minds & screaming that a game has been abandoned because there hasn't been an update within the past hour & the others trashing the latest update when it does come out, is it any surprise that so many devs get fed up & quit? & in all honesty, I think the percentage that falls into that category is higher than just a few.

Think of it like this. Lets look at the workplace model. If you work in an office where the feedback from management is this negative, typically they have higher turnover. In contrast, most workplaces where the management offers more constructive criticism & positive feedback, (even if the positive areas are small or few), turnover is lower.

Or a better fitting example. A few years ago I was active in some text role play communities, (mostly sci-fi, lot of Warhammer 40k, various others), & in some of them, there was a lot of the same problem. People pissing & moaning about some members not being active enough & then crapping all over everything they write. & wouldn't you know it, every other day, someone left because they got sick of it because what's the point? All anyone ever did was criticize.

I'm just saying, when people start asking "Where's the next update? Why's the dev gone silent?" For a lot of them, this is why.

As for "if you have a well thought out story and if you believe in your project then you soldier on." Well sure, some of them. Others won't. I mean let's be honest here, not everyone has the same taste. Others in this same thread are getting bent out of shape because the game doesn't have any sex yet. Personally I kind of like the story building process. Look at DMD. That's one of the bigger, more successful games on here & even it still gets a lot of hate. Going back to my test RP example, I myself am a pretty damn good writer & put out a lot of written content, but I even left some of those communities because I got fed up with all the infighting, elitism & constant bashing on everyone else that went on there. My stories were strong & I still do believe in them but eventually I, (like many from those communities), had to ask myself "Why am I putting my content out for THESE people"? Especially since most of the vocal critics never wrote anything of their own.

I'm just saying, if you want to provide constructive criticism, I'm all for that. But with the amount of vitriol I see across this site towards the devs, it really doesn't create much incentive to continue working. & before anyone says making money is the incentive, like I said before, $1500 a month is less than minimum wage, (at least for most states in the USA). Most devs make only a couple hundred a month. There are WAY easier ways to make considerably more money.

Reactions: Les_Riggs

Rick Aiken

Jan 3, 2018
Does someone know where the volleyball is from? With the red face on it. I'm sure I recognize it from somewhere but can't remember.

Anyways, I like where this game is heading, but there's not a whole lot of content yet. I'm curious about how this story is going to end.
WILSON hahahahah

shaq

Jun 24, 2017
I like how when you get the laptop, you can go into the documents folder and are unable to open the "survival tips" file.

Edit:spoke too soon

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
lets be honest here..
they are absolutly no reason for the dev to pop out such a shitty update /game.
i mean, of course theyare some IRL troubles and stuff and others shit all around.
but i m ok if the game is new and start. but thats not the case here..
this game waste way too much time without any progress... and when you got progress you got nuffin.
as i say, if the game was young, that would be acceptable, but thats not the case here.

i mean, seriously, what the fuck is the plan of the dev ? to let us ( MC and aughter ) in that shitty island forever ? to move somewhere else ? to die ? to turn into a slave and see the daughter get fucked by tons of others dude ?

i dont know where this go, and honestly, as the speed it goes, alots of peoples gonna be bored before the game became interresting again.

i'll never gonna say that enougth.... but "wake up dev !" .. you game is dying, and its not a joke. that game really need something to bring it back with good content and stuff.
and if he cant, then he better abandon it, or put it onhold or give it to someone else.

best exempl is the fire... this simple shitty fire stuff.... that make way too long peoples wait for this shit. and thats only a small part of it.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Totally agree with you Penfold Mole.
Plus the daughter is hot and like in real life you'll put up with more nonsense if a hot chick is involved.
I think that's how most guys end up paying to see a RomCom, a cute girlfirnd says that's the movie she wants to see and you go.

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
In 0.5 there "two fucking" scene with " D and Mark during her dream " depence on your answer.
Start: don´t drink, she bring water anyway, wear her panties, pull for kiss, after she bring Wodka get naked BJ and doggy. The rape scene " picture here" is possible as well but it looks shit compare to this above.
Beside my friend @Londo Mollari suggest already to the gamemaker. Get a big black guy stranded with a huge dick, and he has expirience about survival. The competion start´s. F is nice to D help with massage, yoga and so on and D try to get closer to the new guy.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Any other guy on the island pretty much kills daddy-daughter fuckfest.
Another girl and daughter gets jealous and to compete ends up A.) fucking new rival girl and then B.) fucks daddy.

Reactions: Safetydummy

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Father gets snu-snu'd by a tribe of amazons, daughter becomes their sex slave and eventually exchanged for other goods with the men of the tribe, who are forced to live separately from the women and therefore are constantly horny.

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
Any other guy on the island pretty much kills daddy-daughter fuckfest.
Another girl and daughter gets jealous and to compete ends up A.) fucking new rival girl and then B.) fucks daddy.
"daddy-daughter fuckfest" is so far away as the civilization of this island!

Reactions: RustyV

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
Father gets snu-snu'd by a tribe of amazons, daughter becomes their sex slave and eventually exchanged for other goods with the men of the tribe, who are forced to live separately from the women and therefore are constantly horny.
That´s a great option

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Since this game is so borderlinging on the absurd the dev could actually improve the game by embracing it.
For instance there has been valid points made about daddy/daughter inherent reluctance for sex. OK why not have them discover a native tiki on the island of Totaslut the goddess of lust who influences their libidos? That could make really kinky daddy+daughter fetishes more plausible(ish).
Or have the boat on the horizon be a lost tour boat that only went out for a three hour tour but the sea started getting rough and the tiny boat was tossed and the ship runs aground on their deserted isle.
Opening-Sequence-gilligans-island-29843724-832-627-768x579-760x573.jpg

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
Since this game is so borderlinging on the absurd the dev could actually improve the game by embracing it.
For instance there has been valid points made about daddy/daughter inherent reluctance for sex. OK why not have them discover a native tiki on the island of Totaslut the goddess of lust who influences their libidos? That could make really kinky daddy+daughter fetishes more plausible(ish).
Or have the boat on the horizon be a lost tour boat that only went out for a three hour tour but the sea started getting rough and the tiny boat was tossed and the ship runs aground on their deserted isle.
View attachment 109313
I hope any of this idea take place in future either yours or this from @Londo Mollari

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
lets be honest here..
they are absolutly no reason for the dev to pop out such a shitty update /game.
i mean, of course theyare some IRL troubles and stuff and others shit all around.
but i m ok if the game is new and start. but thats not the case here..
this game waste way too much time without any progress... and when you got progress you got nuffin.
as i say, if the game was young, that would be acceptable, but thats not the case here.

i mean, seriously, what the fuck is the plan of the dev ? to let us ( MC and aughter ) in that shitty island forever ? to move somewhere else ? to die ? to turn into a slave and see the daughter get fucked by tons of others dude ?

i dont know where this go, and honestly, as the speed it goes, alots of peoples gonna be bored before the game became interresting again.

i'll never gonna say that enougth.... but "wake up dev !" .. you game is dying, and its not a joke. that game really need something to bring it back with good content and stuff.
and if he cant, then he better abandon it, or put it onhold or give it to someone else.

best exempl is the fire... this simple shitty fire stuff.... that make way too long peoples wait for this shit. and thats only a small part of it.
Well putting things in context, let's look at it alongside something like DMD. They are on day 5 yes? So if you compare the story progress to that of where DMD was at day 5, they are rather similar. It may seem like a slower grind with this game because DMD does fewer releases but each release is larger in scale & content, (3 presently), While this game is on it's 5th, but with smaller amounts of content per update, (1 day per release), So in overall content, it's not that far from it's peers in relative game time. Just my opinion though.

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
View attachment 109313
A three hour toooouuuurr

3.30 star(s) 119 Votes