Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
tks. btw how do I find Sophia after she got abducted by her father ?
Continue other girls. Her story is mostly linked with Emily, but there are some exceptions. The game isn't structured in such a way that you can complete one girl's story then move on to the next, you need to do them all together.

Xo Mo

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2020
IRL USA: Owning property comes with property taxes from your community, utility expenses, maintenance costs, home-owner's insurance, compliance with city ordinances, etc.

My grandparents owned their home and the land it was on for 40 years and barely managed to pay the bills with their kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids visiting or sleeping over often. My mom never owned a house until all us kids were moved out as adults, and even then her mortgage payments were 70% of her monthly income.

Medical bills in the US are insane. I went for a set of x-rays and a single tennis-elbow treatment. Insurance paid 50% max, leaving me with a bill for $500 out of pocket. I currently have no insurance, so a simple dental cleaning and checkup costs $150 out of pocket. Talking to my Dr. on the phone (not visiting) is $50/hour. Visiting is $150 up front + $500 per treatment/diagnosis.

Leading back to Hilda's home:
MC was born ugly, yes. Hilda went through hell with her husband(s?) and endured a lot of strife. She worked her big butt off housekeeping at home and for other people. Every penny she earned went into paying home bills, sending the kids to school, feeding and clothing them, etc. Which is why they only have 2-3 sets of clothes (like I did growing up - 3 shirts, 1 pair of shoes, 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of jeans and 1 set of gym clothes).

The game is set in a non-specified coastal region of the US. Lewd Town property taxes, home values, and city fees are insanely overpriced, making it prohibitively expensive to send MC to a dermatologist or get dental work done. Even Emily's situation - the doctor is a hack, mis-diagnosing her with just a 2-minute conversation and dumping some strange pills on her to make her feel happy.

If you played the prologue - Hilda asks MC for help paying the bills. That alone should prove just how dire things are financially. So spending around $1500 to get his skin fixed, $25k to get his teeth fixed (dentistry is insanely expensive out of pocket) is not even an option.

This is the point of how the game begins. We (the devs) hoped for empathy from players. Sure, we knew a few people would lose their shit over his looks. The point of him being so hideous is that he has nothing at the start - no friends, no money, not even looks. With ZERO opportunity to fix any of it himself. So that we can have a dynamic story of him becoming better, growing confident, becoming who he becomes in the Dark Path or the Good Path.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Wow... that last batch of post deletions left some posts behind which create a very distorted view of how that conversation went

AryaStark97

Aug 2, 2022
I don't normally comment on the games I play, but this is a standout game. The writing is excellent and humorous. Great job! :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Xo Mo

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
Been waiting to start this one but I keep getting too caught up on the dark vs light paths.
If picking light does tags like group sex, lesbian sex, sleep sex become locked to the dark path only?

How long into the game does the dark and light paths start?
Does the storyline change between the two or is it just the H scenes?
I keep asking these types of questions and then never get around to starting it, I guess i like to experience all scenes in a game so in the dark path do you get to see all the H scenes the light path still offers or do you need to run two saves?

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
There is a main Dark Path which starts around Day 69 if all characters are kept up to date.
Sarah and Sophia have individual Dark Path variations. Good Path story branches are those alternative choices Not Marked as Dark.
*Snip*
Thank you for the prompt response and details answer, looks like I might go down the path of multiple save files to enjoy all aspects for this one, look forward to starting to it, have heard great things about it overall.

Does this game have a gallery mode or scene tracker to know if I missed a branch off point at some stage? No big issue if not but it seems like 2-3 save paths has the options of missing some things.

Thanks again and good luck with the rest of the game creation.

Bobbbobbin

Apr 21, 2022
Help me i'm stuck. I did everything i could do but i can't get a girl from school for doctor. I poured the liquid to pool and go to pool after that (green haired girl lesb scene) but i can't do anything rn i did every quest i could do.
Sorry for my bad english.

Bobbbobbin

Apr 21, 2022
  1. Look at the DAY your game is on.
  2. Look in Journal for any character TASK that is on the DAY or before the DAY your game is on.
  3. Do all of those first.
  4. When you have caught every girl up to the DAY, visit the Mansion Lobby until Ramoray asks for a new test subject. IF this already happened, go to the POOL.
  5. Talk to green-haired CHLOE until the event begins.
  6. If you are not visiting EVERY character in the journal, you may experience tasks for your favorite character that cannot be completed. ALL the character stories are connected.
Thank you. The game is on day 72 or something, i'm sure i did every task on journal up to day 68( almost every girls task says wait for boss on day 68 or something like that but i didn't see boss too)
I will look all tasks again. And btw i can't even pee on pool right now i cant do anything on pool.

Bobbbobbin

Apr 21, 2022
Thank you. The game is on day 72 or something, i'm sure i did every task on journal up to day 68( almost every girls task says wait for boss on day 68 or something like that but i didn't see boss too)
I will look all tasks again. And btw i can't even pee on pool right now i cant do anything on pool.
Like i said i did every task i could do. I cant meet boss and i cant see green haired girl again i cant do anything at pool at all. Almost every characters task says wait for boss exept tasks connected to doctors new test subject. I went to pool and tried to talk to stella countless times but it doesnt work.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
The only issue I have with this game is that due to how randomly I did my choices and how randomly I developed characters i'm not even sure what path i was on when last played.
I really should delete my saves and start over, but I don't wanna...

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I didn't realize that I was totally set on a Dark or Good Path.
I kinda choose good and bad choices along the way.

I wish things didn't happen out of order.
For example, I've been trying to figure out who Stacy is for quite some time.
She simply hasn't been in the Swan room, only Eva.
Also I've been asked something about an auction for awhile now which hasn't happened until last
night, and some guy who's name escapes me... Terry? The other trainer...
However I was able to tell a roomful of people about them a few nights ago at the
university and like I said, I hadn't met them yet.

Still an enjoyable enough game so far.

Hope everyone's had a good week!

sloth1234

Feb 18, 2019
If every task for every character in the journal says Wait for the Boss
Sleep
It will trigger when you sleep after Day 68.
thank you but i started a new save got back there and the boss triggered i was already on day 129 with no boss trigger i think it bugged somewhere

Jamleng

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2018
I didn't realize that I was totally set on a Dark or Good Path.
I kinda choose good and bad choices along the way.

I wish things didn't happen out of order.
For example, I've been trying to figure out who Stacy is for quite some time.
She simply hasn't been in the Swan room, only Eva.
Also I've been asked something about an auction for awhile now which hasn't happened until last
night, and some guy who's name escapes me... Terry? The other trainer...
However I was able to tell a roomful of people about them a few nights ago at the
university and like I said, I hadn't met them yet.

Still an enjoyable enough game so far.

Hope everyone's had a good week!
I try my utmost best to prevent cases like that, especially if you're very much ahead and only follow certain characters things can get a bit wonky at times, and that's only because I'm not aware of it as there are over 20 hours of gameplay and like 400 events or so.

Stacy is very easy to meet so it's a bit strange you haven't met her yet as she's there every day. It could be that Eva's there in the morning while talking about certain things, including the auction, I've changed that a tad.
From now on she'll only talk about the auction if it happened, though it shows you're way ahead because she only mentions it after day 80 while the auction is at day 50. Normally by now, you should have unlocked part three of the game which is where things get VERY interesting if I say so myself for many different reasons.

As for Gary, that's a very nice find and I've fixed that straight away, thanks a lot.

Glad you're enjoying the game so far. It's a rake-to-riches kind of story that get's better, larger, and more interesting the more one plays as is by design. Not only that, we've upped our game design skills a lot so by the time you reached the middle of the difference is absolutely noticeable.

thank you but i started a new save got back there and the boss triggered i was already on day 129 with no boss trigger i think it bugged somewhere
That's very late for sure as normally he shows up on day 68 but there are two triggers needed which are
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not possible for it to get bugged. All good though, nothing wrong with loading an old save since there are lots of things that unlock after meeting 'The Boss'.

I keep a close eye on players getting stuck at certain points and make changes accordingly. It's planned for the new major update to have a very detailed journal which will probably always be 100% on point thanks to Master of Puppets who is helping me out with that one.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I try my utmost best to prevent cases like that, especially if you're very much ahead and only follow certain characters things can get a bit wonky at times, and that's only because I'm not aware of it as there are over 20 hours of gameplay and like 400 events or so.
Hey, you're doing a Superb job. Much better than I ever could.

Some of us post here because we still believe in magic.

For example... after posting, I magically came across the auction
and then Stacy. These were on days 70 and 71.
I still hadn't done anything much different...but who knows what
I actually did to trip it.... (I was on day 65 or so when I originally posted)

Thanks for everything!!

Reactions: Xo Mo
4.10 star(s) 89 Votes