NoChym

Jul 23, 2020
CattoLover Thanks for sharing the set 35!

However, I noticed that the quality of the Dark Elven pictures are kind of low. Like they were saved as as low quality .jpgs.

For example, the Dark Elven pics are only about ~2.00 MB, whereas the previous set's 8k widescreen pics were ~15 MB suggesting all of Set 34's pics were saved at the highest .jpg setting.

The picture quality definitely suffers due to the reduced filesizes. You can see a bunch of pixelation, color banding, and noise artifacts from the low quality .jpg compression.

If you purchased Set 35, could you maybe please get in contact with Lexaiduer and ask them to rerelease the Dark Elven pics using the highest quality .jpg setting like they have done for the rest of the pics in the set? If possible, getting .png files would be the best.
Because the image quality is too high and there are many layers, his computer can't stand it.

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
Because the image quality is too high and there are many layers, his computer can't stand it.
Did Lexaiduer say this?

It's strange that this can happen. He doesn't seem to have problems with other pics being saved at high .jpg quality. He could just flatten the layers and save it that way so it reduces any possible strain on his computer to almost nothing.

NoChym

Jul 23, 2020
Did Lexaiduer say this?

It's strange that this can happen. He doesn't seem to have problems with other pics being saved at high .jpg quality. He could just flatten the layers and save it that way so it reduces any possible strain on his computer to almost nothing.
That's what Lex said. Image quality does not seem to be high but still at 7 ~ 8k. So it's not a problem for me.

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
That's what Lex said. Image quality does not seem to be high but still at 7 ~ 8k. So it's not a problem for me.
Thanks a lot for asking him! The checkerboarding and noise artifacts are distracting for me.

Having a lot of layers can definitely bog down a computer and flattening them can definitely help. Could you perhaps ask him to flatten the layers of the psd to see if that helps him save it at a high .jpg quality?

hcloudsenpai

Aug 13, 2020
with pc power these days, there is almost no such thing as too much layers

i would be baffled if a digital artist like himself didn't invest in top of the line pc or at the very least, above average

upabove

Jul 2, 2020
Can you go to Page 14 and check CattoLover's post?(#278)
He/She uploaded the link and it is 8K.
If 8K is not the high quality you want, I am sorry I can't help you.
Everything is fine with the set, except the Dark Elven ones they look like they didn't fully load if you haven't notice it do a close-up and you'll see it, it was probably an encoding error on Lexaiduers end.
That's why Hansuke is asking if there has been any response to the situation. I myself would like to have those images in glorious 8k :giggle:

Reactions: HansukeX

CEO Song Jia

Apr 22, 2021
Everything is fine with the set, except the Dark Elven ones they look like they didn't fully load if you haven't notice it do a close-up and you'll see it, it was probably an encoding error on Lexaiduers end.
That's why Hansuke is asking if there has been any response to the situation. I myself would like to have those images in glorious 8k :giggle:
Oh, you mean the Dark Elven series is missing some images?
I didn't know that.
Thanks for letting me know.

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
Oh, you mean the Dark Elven series is missing some images?
I didn't know that.
Thanks for letting me know.
It's not that the set is missing images, it's the fact that the image quality of them are so low compared to all of Lex's other images. They seemed to have been encoded with a very low quality .jpg setting causing lots of compression artifacts. I explained in more detail in my earlier posts.

NoChym

Jul 23, 2020
NoChym Any progress on getting Lexaiduer to actually release high quality versions of those Dark Elven pics?
Reply from Lex "It has a 7 to 8K picture quality. It's very large, so I worked a little bit short. Too many layers, the computer couldn't hold." So I don't think Lex will release a higher quality version.

HansukeX

Jan 19, 2020
Reply from Lex "It has a 7 to 8K picture quality. It's very large, so I worked a little bit short. Too many layers, the computer couldn't hold." So I don't think Lex will release a higher quality version.
Have you suggested to him that he merge/flatten the layers so it will take the strain off his computer?

trapsrgood69

Oct 26, 2020
Hi. Quick question does anyone have the full PSDs because the current ones dont seem to have all of the variations?

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes