erkper

May 16, 2018
i kinda thought this was an adult site , but with people just trolling facepalms at me non-stop , makes me wonder how adult this site really is ...
Just because one is 18+ (or capable of clicking a button that says "yes, I am 18+") does not make one an adult.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
I guess some people don't think around 800 renders and 2 Months worth of work is a lot of content for an update :rolleyes: That being said average on most games is about 250ish.
You forgot the most important part, the FREE part, most developers will never make there money back on the time they spent and most who play it play for FREE, and yet still complain.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
You forgot the most important part, the FREE part, most developers will never make there money back on the time they spent and most who play it play for FREE, and yet still complain.
More than well aware. I'm going on 4 years of doing this. Most Devs quit because of it.

Reactions: Mikedazz1 and D Dog

kauthor

Jun 15, 2018
Ok. There appears to be a lot of new players from after everything happened over the last year. So I'll try to help you guys understand.

June 2018, I created Lexi and updated three times between June and early January of 2019.

In January of 2019 I was found to have a heart condition that required me to receive a transplant. At that time, I left Lexi in the hands of another team member who was suppose to continue it's development.

April 2019, having never updated Lexi, that team member found Jesus and quit, but not before deleting all the files from our Google drive.

On my rig, I still had the shapes of the characters documented. I did not document the materials (skins, eyes, etc) that I used because after creating the models, I uploaded them to the Google drive and figured they would be safely backed up there. Unfortunately a couple months earlier, my HD had gone bad. I had backups on Google, so no big deal until that team member deleted everything.

At this point I was still waiting for a transplant, so I brought in another person to continue Lexi, and I started recreating the models from my documentation. That person did not work out, as they too, did nothing with it.

By the time September of 2019 rolled around, I had already had my surgery and mostly recovered, so I decided that I was well enough to continue Lexi.

There you have it. So it's not that I've changed the models, it's that I'm still trying to make the recreation of them look like the originals.
I will say this. Have back up plans of backup plans! Wow... That explained the slow update speed. I think I remember playing this game before. :)

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I will say this. Have back up plans of backup plans! Wow... That explained the slow update speed. I think I remember playing this game before. :)
I can't agree that it's a slow update speed, not for me anyway. I use to do about 150 - 450 images every six weeks. I can't do what I use to do and not sleep, with everything that's happened health wise in the last year, I have to take care of myself.

Each scene takes 5 - 10 minutes to load if I have to go back and correct anything. Right now correcting all the Lexi images from the last two updates is so monotonous, that I feel like I've fallen into the first circle of hell.

Point is, I don't have a great rig, and I have a day job. If I start putting out 450 images + animations in six weeks time, I'm gonna burn out and have health issues really fast.

I'm aware that there are many devs out there that can put out crap tons if images in a short time, but they have 1 of 3 things going on, someone with a nice rig that they pay full time, or they have a nice rig and do it full time, or they put out some fairly basic images with very basic lighting and prefab poses. In my images you will very very rarely find clipping, or prefab poses. I literally spend about 30 minutes to an hour on each image, plus longer on animations.

That said, if I can get a rig that loads scenes faster, then I can pose faster. That's the goal right now. I'm hoping that in the next four months it will happen. What I need is a new MB and a 32 core CPU. My scenes have a lot of stuff in them, and my characters have a lot of morphs, so I need to that extra power.

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
models aside this game is a winner keep up the fantastic work
Chatterbox
it's a great story and it will all fall in place .
just look after yourself remember your health first you only get one go at life .
the game can be worked on and updated but only if your well (y)
Yes ...there are other games in here to keep us all entertained although very few hit the A+ mark that this one does (y) :)

Sulzeer666

Nov 19, 2019
I can't agree that it's a slow update speed, not for me anyway. I use to do about 150 - 450 images every six weeks. I can't do what I use to do and not sleep, with everything that's happened health wise in the last year, I have to take care of myself.

Each scene takes 5 - 10 minutes to load if I have to go back and correct anything. Right now correcting all the Lexi images from the last two updates is so monotonous, that I feel like I've fallen into the first circle of hell.

Point is, I don't have a great rig, and I have a day job. If I start putting out 450 images + animations in six weeks time, I'm gonna burn out and have health issues really fast.

I'm aware that there are many devs out there that can put out crap tons if images in a short time, but they have 1 of 3 things going on, someone with a nice rig that they pay full time, or they have a nice rig and do it full time, or they put out some fairly basic images with very basic lighting and prefab poses. In my images you will very very rarely find clipping, or prefab poses. I literally spend about 30 minutes to an hour on each image, plus longer on animations.

That said, if I can get a rig that loads scenes faster, then I can pose faster. That's the goal right now. I'm hoping that in the next four months it will happen. What I need is a new MB and a 32 core CPU. My scenes have a lot of stuff in them, and my characters have a lot of morphs, so I need to that extra power.
Don't let anyone "get to you". You are making a great game, everyone have their own pros and cons, you can't make everyone happy. If people can't wait for the update or think it's to small, then 1. wait for the game to finish before playing it or 2. donate.

Zsvenn

Pinkified ✅
Donor
Dec 21, 2019
this game is really great .. looks good, story is good ,renders are top class .. and you can't do much about it that quality takes time.. keep it up and watch out after the next update

Reactions: Chatterbox
4.60 star(s) 53 Votes